PDA

View Full Version : Jason Garrett to be Cowboys new HC, or is it OC ?

BlitzburghRockCity
01-25-2007, 06:22 AM
I was listening to espn radio this morning and they are reporting that Jerry Jones will hire on former backup QB Jason Garrett to be his Offensive Coordinator, but if he can't find anybody else then he could promote Garrett to HC !

Way to go Jerry, that's the spirit, just hire someone and then decide later what they'll do on the team. What an assjack ! :hilarious: :hilarious:

AZ_Steeler
01-25-2007, 10:14 AM
That is the funniest thing I have ever heard!!! :lol: Talk about putting a carrot on a string and leading a guy around!

House of Steel
01-25-2007, 11:19 AM
that sounds like a death trap to me, Chris :lol:

TEEMONT
01-25-2007, 11:25 AM
Why in God's name is Jerry Jones the Gm on this team? If it wasn't for the plastic surgery, he would be Al Davis reborn.

BBG7
01-25-2007, 12:12 PM
That's pretty funny. He's reaching now!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-25-2007, 05:14 PM
Why in God's name is Jerry Jones the Gm on this team? If it wasn't for the plastic surgery, he would be Al Davis reborn.

Yep all he needs a few more wrinkles and a warm up suit ! :lol: :lol:

TEEMONT
01-25-2007, 10:05 PM
Yep all he needs a few more wrinkles and a warm up suit ! :lol: :lol:

Don't forget his UNGODLY glasses chain.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-25-2007, 10:12 PM
Wow this just doesn't make any sense.

TEEMONT
01-25-2007, 10:42 PM
Wow this just doesn't make any sense.

Neither did firing Tom Landry.....worked out well for them though.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-25-2007, 11:01 PM
Neither did firing Tom Landry.....worked out well for them though.

Well when Jimmy Johnson swung the H. Walker trade to the Vikings that was huge in the Cowboys dynasty. The Cowboys ended up drafting alot of key players with all those draft picks they recieved in the Walker trade. I don't see that type of trade happening again.lol

TEEMONT
01-25-2007, 11:42 PM
Well when Jimmy Johnson swung the H. Walker trade to the Vikings that was huge in the Cowboys dynasty. The Cowboys ended up drafting alot of key players with all those draft picks they recieved in the Walker trade. I don't see that type of trade happening again.lol

I am not predicting it either, however neither were too many people when Jimmy Johnson tok over. Something could happen, just remember Jason Garret is a....*gasp*......GINGER!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bjvw5goWmc

RW318
01-26-2007, 01:56 AM
They had plans to hire him for awhile (O.C.)....he was supposed to be under Parcells for a year and take over. Jerry was pressed for time to get him so he had to pick him up....If Turner ends up being the H.C. he said that Garrett would be his choice either way. So it of course looks like it's either gonna be Norv or the San Diego D.C.......if Norv signs on then they'll still make a heavy push to get Phillips (I think that's his name...the San Diego D.C.) as the new Defensive Coordinator they believe he can be bought with the right price.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-26-2007, 01:56 AM
I am not predicting it either, however neither were too many people when Jimmy Johnson tok over. Something could happen, just remember Jason Garret is a....*gasp*......GINGER!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bjvw5goWmc

Its not that I find the hiring of Garret strange its telling him he is either HC or OC. Thats sort of weird. But hey Jerry Jones can do what he wants.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-26-2007, 01:58 AM
They had plans to hire him for awhile (O.C.)....he was supposed to be under Parcells for a year and take over. Jerry was pressed for time to get him so he had to pick him up....If Turner ends up being the H.C. he said that Garrett would be his choice either way. So it of course looks like it's either gonna be Norv or the San Diego D.C.......if Norv signs on then they'll still make a heavy push to get Phillips (I think that's his name...the San Diego D.C.) as the new Defensive Coordinator they believe he can be bought with the right price.

Yes Wade Phillips is the DC for the Chargers. He would be better as a HC then Norv Turner. Now Turner was a great OC but his track record as a HC has been horrible. Hell the Cowboys might as well go with Garret then have the two retread HC's in Turner and Phillips.

Koopa
01-26-2007, 02:02 AM

y'all won't get wade phillips as a DC, he's still under contract with the chargers, the only way to get him is as the HC......y'all will probably hire turner and then fire him in 2 years in favor of garrett

RW318
01-26-2007, 02:04 AM
You know you can work out the whole under contract thing? You just have to compensate the team and of course pay him more to come over here.

Steelersfan
01-26-2007, 02:10 AM
You know you can work out the whole under contract thing? You just have to compensate the team and of course pay him more to come over here.

And as the Bucs found out that doesn't help you win games. We'll give ya Cowher though for some picks! :greengrin:

RW318
01-26-2007, 02:13 AM
It does when you actually have a pretty talented overall team......I'm pretty sure Jones would rather take a bullet than consider that offer lol.

Steelersfan
01-26-2007, 02:14 AM
The Bucs had a pretty good team. Super Bowl win? Hello.....lol Then it all went to hell. They had no draft picks to keep the team going.

Koopa
01-26-2007, 02:15 AM
i wish old plastic face would take a bullet................ i feel sorry for the next head coach cause no matter what they are a lameduck coach......they are pretty much going to babysit garrett for a year or so and then when he has a little experince bam they are fired and garrett will get his chance at being the next jerry jones puppet

RW318
01-26-2007, 02:17 AM
The Bucs had a pretty good team. Super Bowl win? Hello.....lol Then it all went to hell. They had no draft picks to keep the team going.

Well they were an old team lol.....and Jerry wouldn't trade away picks it would be money or nothing.

Koopa
01-26-2007, 02:18 AM
Well they were an old team lol.....and Jerry wouldn't trade away picks it would be money or nothing.

to bad he didn't say that when he pretty much traded away stephen jackson for julius jones lol

RW318
01-26-2007, 02:19 AM
I know that was Bill Parcells doing....he screwed us lol.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-26-2007, 02:20 AM
to bad he didn't say that when he pretty much traded away stephen jackson for julius jones lol

I think Parcells played a part in that.

Koopa
01-26-2007, 02:22 AM
I know that was Bill Parcells doing....he screwed us lol.

lol, i remember that day like it was yesterday, i fell asleep during the first part of the draft though lol.....i remember when y'all came for me you were pretty pissed and dumbfounded lol

RW318
01-26-2007, 02:30 AM
You really keep with a lie don't you lol. That should have been a no brainer but Parcells royally screwed up...especially since they (he) drafted a flop with the pick lol.

Either way...never again.

Koopa
01-26-2007, 07:15 PM
You really keep with a lie don't you lol. That should have been a no brainer but Parcells royally screwed up...especially since they (he) drafted a flop with the pick lol.

Either way...never again.

what lie :dunno: i had to wake up at 7 to take a test at 8, y'all called right after i finished, i said i'd call y'all when i get home and when i went home and fell asleep, no same in that lol....... it's not my fault it was around the time the steelers were picking when i fell asleep

anyway, it's almost turning out good, y'all still have a long haired running back that is badass..........to bad he don't start, but he's badass......

big d
01-27-2007, 10:45 AM
is it that hard of a concept to understand you hire your head coach, then you let your head coach bring in his own staff. This is such an al davis move. I think the cowboys are headed right into the nfl basement.