PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Brown: “No doubt” Mike Wallace will remain in Pittsburgh

BlitzburghRockCity
03-31-2012, 01:29 PM
As we needed any more Mike Wallace talk this offseason. I'm quite honestly so tired of hearing about it but what else are people in the media going to yap about since the Steelers rarely make any significant free agency moves of bringing in new players, until after the draft.

FROM PFT: Steelers receiver Mike Wallace (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5329/mike-wallace) remains an unsigned restricted free agent, but Wallace’s partner in the Pittsburgh receiving corps, Antonio Brown (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5698/antonio-brown), says he’s not worried about Wallace getting away.

Brown said on NFL Network’s Total Access that he expects Wallace to sign with the Steelers, either the one-year tender offer or a long-term deal, and that the two of them will remain teammates.
“I definitely expect it,” Brown said. “I definitely look forward to him providing me help from the other side, rolling coverages — he’s a great teammate of mine.”

Brown admitted that he doesn’t know if other teams have spoken to Wallace about signing him to an offer sheet, and the reality is that there’s still plenty of time for some team to do that. And although the Steelers would likely try to match any offer for Wallace, there are plenty of teams that have more cap room than the Steelers and could sign Wallace to a front-loaded offer sheet that the Steelers would have a very difficult time matching.
And yet Brown remains unconcerned.

“No doubt in my mind, he’s coming back,” Brown said.

gtadroptop
03-31-2012, 02:15 PM
I agree that all the media hype is getting old. The last time I let myself get all flustered with 'will he stay or will he go' was with Randel El. He left for Washington and we survived.

LatrobePA
03-31-2012, 03:36 PM
No all the Tebow **** is getting old, Wallace isn't too bad!

BubbyBlister
03-31-2012, 03:46 PM
Yep getting a little old and the real talk should be about signing Cotchery. With letting Ward go and the chance that Wallace could go somewhere and the fact that Sanders is some what injury prone this wr core could go from one of the top to average at best. I would like to see this team improve this year in talent not decrease and think Cotchery is a important signing.

coldrolled
03-31-2012, 07:28 PM
89 needs a 4 yar deal.

BubbyBlister
03-31-2012, 07:56 PM
89 needs a 4 yar deal. Agree and was thinking a 3 at least. Dude is Hines JR and plays like a Steeler.

BubbyBlister
03-31-2012, 10:07 PM
I know from my fantasy football leagues in the past people that had him against me kick my butt. Cotchery is a amazing player period when you need a first down or TD in the red Zone. Dude is Money well spent!

aaronsmith91
04-01-2012, 05:53 AM
Antonio was awesome on total access, guys a baller

LevonKirkland99
04-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Everyone is sold on Cotchery! Hmmm