PDA

View Full Version : Barron Batch looking healthy

strummerfan
03-26-2012, 08:44 PM
http://vimeo.com/39228823

He's a good kid, really pulling for him.

Goodfrom55
03-26-2012, 10:42 PM
Hmmm, no knee brace either. He appears to be determined, hopefully he can not only make the team, but also contribute.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-26-2012, 11:23 PM
Good he maybe needed this year.........

Real Deal Steel
03-27-2012, 12:43 AM
Good he maybe needed this year.........

Maybe??????? He is our 3rd down back for sure. And maybe our no huddle runningback too.

JensK
03-27-2012, 04:41 AM
Maybe??????? He is our 3rd down back for sure. And maybe our no huddle runningback too.

You are talking about a guy who has yet to see the field. I don't really think "for sure" applies. I do hope he makes it though.

Real Deal Steel
03-27-2012, 01:47 PM
Considering the injuries currently, Batch IS the third down back unless they bring in someone else.

JensK
03-27-2012, 04:51 PM
I'd say that Redman is a much more obvious choice as a third down back right now than Batch until he actually proves something. Redman have showed he can hold his ground somewhat as a blocker and he can catch the ball, although admittedly not his forte. That said, I was never a Redman supporter so I am rooting for Batch to do something.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-27-2012, 05:14 PM
So then Tomlin says, at the owners meetings, that he expects them to take another running back in the draft or in free agency at some point.

So either he hasn't talked to Colbert recently about draft plans or somebody didn't get their story straight with somebody else. lol

I can't completely blame them if they do go after a RB in the draft or low tier free agent. I think it would be a wasted pick to go high at this point, atleast wait until the 4th round or so.

I think Batch could have exploded onto the scene last year if he didn't get hurt. Having talked to him on the podcast and then getting just a glimpse in training camp he just seems like a kid who's going to do well.

LatrobePA
03-27-2012, 05:19 PM
Batch looks a little Ray Rice-ish...

JensK
03-27-2012, 05:21 PM
If I recall correctly they never really ruled out picking any position so I guess in that sense it makes sense.

Number99
03-27-2012, 07:12 PM
I actually think it will be a waste if the Steelers pick a RB in the mid rounds or lower. The 3 rounds and maybe rd 4 will cover needs more important then RB or at least they should be. So if that happens then why draft another lower round RB when they already have Dwyer, Clay and Batch, just to get another Dwyer, Clay or Batch? With Mendelhall's season in question I understand the need for more depth at the postition. Signing a cheap FA I think would be the better way to go. A low round draft pick will get little if any playing time, so if depth is what they are worried about till Mandy comes back at least get a cheap vet in who you have an NFL track record instead of another maybe.

coldrolled
03-27-2012, 08:35 PM
Dwyers needs to take over the top spot, this team needs a good break.. Him and Al Woods.

harpo
03-28-2012, 09:52 AM
Batch looks a little Ray Rice-ish...

I said the exact same thing.