PDA

View Full Version : My Steelers 7 Round Mock

Black@Gold Forever32
03-26-2012, 05:05 PM
Feel free to comment....good or bad.....

1. ILB Hightower Alabama

2. LG B Brooks Miami-Ohio

3. RB I. Pead Cincy

4. OT B. Moseley Auburn

5. CB K. Tandy WVU

6. DE JR Sweezy

7a.TE George Bryan NC State

7b. OLB R. Davis Bethune Cookman

Real Deal Steel
03-26-2012, 05:55 PM
I don't think Hightower is going to be there in the first round.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-26-2012, 08:19 PM
What a terrible draft! You suck man! :lol:

The more I hear and read about Pead the more I wonder if they really will take him. According to Colbert they seem content with the guys on the roster now but I think if he falls into their laps they would have to take a hard look at him.

strummerfan
03-26-2012, 08:32 PM
I just can't see skipping NT in the 2012 draft.

JensK
03-27-2012, 04:29 PM
I love Hightower in the first. He is just a perfect fit.

I don't know much about Brooks, but the position is obviously great. I think Osemele has to be a consideration at that point. He did not have the best season, but the two previous ones were phenomenal. It is great value in the second and is a step in the right direction towards making the o-line better. That said, Brooks is probably the same kind of player, so as long as the position and player fit I'm fine with it.

I don't see us going with Pead in the third though. I think he has value there, but I do believe that either Ta'mau or Chapman will be there in the third and I don't see any reason not to pick either. It would be an ideal situation. They get to start behind Hampton who'll probably be around for a couple of more years. They'll learn from one of the best, behind a great coach and hopefully be ready in their third year to start full time.

I'm not confident enough to say anything about the rest of the players, but the positions seems good. Maybe adding a safety at one point would be smart?

K Train
03-27-2012, 05:11 PM
cant argue with the first 3 picks, since i have them mocked myself lol

looks good man, what do you like about mosely?

JollyRob68
03-28-2012, 03:07 PM
Feel free to comment....good or bad.....

1. ILB Hightower Alabama

2. LG B Brooks Miami-Ohio

3. RB I. Pead Cincy

4. OT B. Moseley Auburn

5. CB K. Tandy WVU

6. DE JR Sweezy

7a.TE George Bryan NC State

7b. OLB R. Davis Bethune Cookman

You still have 2 more 7 rd picks

JollyRob68
03-28-2012, 03:09 PM
I love Hightower in the first. He is just a perfect fit.

I don't know much about Brooks, but the position is obviously great. I think Osemele has to be a consideration at that point. He did not have the best season, but the two previous ones were phenomenal. It is great value in the second and is a step in the right direction towards making the o-line better. That said, Brooks is probably the same kind of player, so as long as the position and player fit I'm fine with it.

I don't see us going with Pead in the third though. I think he has value there, but I do believe that either Ta'mau or Chapman will be there in the third and I don't see any reason not to pick either. It would be an ideal situation. They get to start behind Hampton who'll probably be around for a couple of more years. They'll learn from one of the best, behind a great coach and hopefully be ready in their third year to start full time.

I'm not confident enough to say anything about the rest of the players, but the positions seems good. Maybe adding a safety at one point would be smart?

Tomlin said in an interview that he will bring in a back through FA or Draft. Isaiah Peads is a Todd Haley type back. However if Lamar Miller is there in the second he might be Tomlins pick.

JollyRob68
03-28-2012, 03:19 PM
I like the Mock. Give me Trent Robinson in 4,Delvin Johnson NT MArshall in 5, Lucas Nix,Tom Compton in 6st.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-28-2012, 04:23 PM
You still have 2 more 7 rd picks

I did this mock before I knew we had four total 7th round picks...I was counting on having an extra 7th but not four.........

connecticutsteel
03-28-2012, 11:18 PM
Great picks except pead no way we take him

coach
03-31-2012, 07:04 PM
I think Hightower could be the pick. It depends on what happens in front of us. The QBs could come off the board fast and furious and someone could drop in our laps. What would suck is if Hightower ended up in Rats land.
I like the picks, but the only thing I think is missing in the draft is a NT (somewhere). I really think we come away with somebody this year at nose unless they plan to slide Hood inside. My bet is that we take one this year though.

Real Deal Steel
04-01-2012, 12:03 AM
I know for a fact that our first two draft picks have to be starters. We need that infusion of youth. Especially at nose tackle.

And if Hightower isn't taken by us, I don't see him getting past the Texans. But if the Texans DID let hightower slide past them....you know who is definitely going to take him and then haunt us for years.

coldrolled
04-02-2012, 11:06 AM
I don't think Hightower is going to be there in the first round.

If he is not there, Keuchly will be... Both wont go before #24

coldrolled
04-02-2012, 09:52 PM
I think Hightower could be the pick. It depends on what happens in front of us. The QBs could come off the board fast and furious and someone could drop in our laps. What would suck is if Hightower ended up in Rats land.
I like the picks, but the only thing I think is missing in the draft is a NT (somewhere). I really think we come away with somebody this year at nose unless they plan to slide Hood inside. My bet is that we take one this year though.

Need to look at this..

Last Sept. 26 2009, in a game against Arkansas, Hightower was cut down by a block at the knees.

The meniscus and the anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments in his left knee were torn. His season was over.