PDA

View Full Version : Steelers | Could show interest in Jonathan Stewart

BubbyBlister
03-24-2012, 06:33 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers could show interest in trading for Carolina Panthers RB Jonathan Stewart if he becomes available this offseason.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=sportsxchange-000618030_pasquarelli-friday-tip-sheet

I'm surprised no one mentioned this and he will help out for a 1 year deal and personally I think he is a better rb then Mendy. He also has home run speed to boot and wouldn't mind them signing him to a 3 to 4 year deal and parting ways with Mendy.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-24-2012, 07:13 PM
I wish they'd let the young guys go play for once. All this speculation gets old. We are a sleeper at best for this deal.

LatrobePA
03-24-2012, 08:05 PM
The Steelers will not be trading/ signing anyone this year, hell they're fixing to lose Cotchery!

CowherPower
03-24-2012, 10:14 PM
I don't see this happening at all. I wouldn't be against it but with the cap situation as it is right now there's no way to make more moves without doing more restructures.

He is a good back, and I like his breakaway speed that would compliment our stable of power backs but it's a pipe dream at this point.

FeelSteel
03-24-2012, 10:47 PM
Redman is not a feature back, Dwyer? who knows if he'll show up in shape, Clay? not a feature back and not even really that good, Batch? two knee injuries and has never played a down in the NFL.

I think we would be wise to consider an option with the potential as Stewart. He's a powerful, shifty and explosive runner.

igor0190
03-24-2012, 11:08 PM
Does the Steelers salary cap number currently include Mendenhall? Because he will obviously be on the PUP list for 6 games to start the season. Would it be an option for the Steelers to just IR him? What's Mendenhalls salary anyways?

Nolrog
03-25-2012, 08:49 AM
I'm surprised no one mentioned this

Because the big need isn't RB, it's the line. Fix the line and the backs we have will be more than adequate.

elephantman
03-25-2012, 12:11 PM
agree, the biggest FA moves the steelers make is holding on to what they have/had

FeelSteel
03-25-2012, 12:27 PM
Yes, the Steelers NEVER make moves in FA. BUT, this year is a bit different. I would be surprised if we didn't add another back to the mix of what we have now. I think it would be a mistake.

steelspikes
03-25-2012, 12:28 PM
RB not the position it once was, given the overall shift in the NFL to a passing game. Look what NE got to the Superbowl with: a Jet's reject who probably couldn't start for most NCAA Div. I schools: Danny Woodhead.

A more intriguing prospect than Stewart is Brandon Jacobs, although the Steelers seem to be somewhat overloaded with power backs at the moment.

Real Deal Steel
03-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Not going to happen. And even if we had the money, why would I sign a guy who's a walking bandaid? He's hurt EVERY year.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Teams don't need a feature back anymore...........Redman has proven that he can handle a somewhat of a bigger role.......The Steelers just need to add a RB through the draft...........

JollyRob68
03-25-2012, 03:17 PM
Does the Steelers salary cap number currently include Mendenhall? Because he will obviously be on the PUP list for 6 games to start the season. Would it be an option for the Steelers to just IR him? What's Mendenhalls salary anyways?

Yes it counts.

JollyRob68
03-25-2012, 03:23 PM
I don't want to sound like a parrot and repeat myself but If the Panthers have an interest in Wallace. Then except alternate compensation for him.( The Steelers can do that with in the rules) Panthers send 1st rounder & Stewart & we send our first rounder & Wallace. Win,Win for both teams.

Real Deal Steel
03-25-2012, 03:26 PM
Nope. Don't want that deal at all. They need US waaaaaaaay more then we need them. We can let Dwyer start and be fine. They throw in a second round pick, then we can talk.

Because Stewarts always hurt.

BubbyBlister
03-25-2012, 04:19 PM
RB not the position it once was, given the overall shift in the NFL to a passing game. Look what NE got to the Superbowl with: a Jet's reject who probably couldn't start for most NCAA Div. I schools: Danny Woodhead.

A more intriguing prospect than Stewart is Brandon Jacobs, although the Steelers seem to be somewhat overloaded with power backs at the moment. Yep to many of his type now on the roster but the real reason. Guy has a attitude lips off to other teams coaches and etc. Not Steeler material.

BubbyBlister
03-25-2012, 04:25 PM
Because the big need isn't RB, it's the line. Fix the line and the backs we have will be more than adequate. I bet money they do pick up another rb through free agency or the draft. Why not grab a good one in Stewart ? Coach for Carolina thinks he is playing fantasy football stock piling all those rbs. Does he realize he can't put them all on the field at one time ?