PDA

View Full Version : Wallace is asking for Larry Fitzgerald money

BlitzburghRockCity
03-22-2012, 09:33 AM
Ed Bouchette dropped some interesting news before relaying that he was off duty today.

Good morning,

Maybe the reason no team has either signed Mike Wallace or come close to it is his asking price.
This morning comes a report from Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee that San Francisco 49ers inquired about Wallace in the first week of free agency but were taken aback by his asking price. Wallace supposedly wants more than Larry Fitzgerald’s eight-year, $120 million contract!

BlitzburghRockCity
03-22-2012, 09:37 AM
I like Mike Wallace as much as anyone. I think he's got a huge upside and can be great for a long time to come. However, he's not as polished as Fitzgerald yet, not even close. If he really is asking for this much money, it's laughable!

I would say though that if Pittsburgh really felt like Wallace was going to ask for that type of money, they would have released him by now. So I would say take this report as you see fit knowing how the Steelers operate and how things can get blown out of proportion.

coldrolled
03-22-2012, 09:39 AM
Wow, pay him his 2.7 in 2012 then pay him his franchise tag next year. then he is gone... no #1 pick....

Big T
03-22-2012, 09:50 AM
That is beyond laughable. I love Mike Wallace, I think he's a great player and I want to see him finish his career here. Having said that, he is out of his mind if he really thinks he'll even sniff that kind of coin. He is nowhere near Fitz at this point in his career. For his sake, I hope this report is wrong, because it's just embarrassing.

strummerfan
03-22-2012, 09:57 AM
Bye Mike!

Number99
03-22-2012, 09:57 AM
The season of mis-information. But if this is accurate then he is a diva in the making.

LatrobePA
03-22-2012, 10:28 AM
Mike isn't even close to Fitzgerald, he's an ok deep threat that's it, he's not clutch and cannot work the middle, see ya mike you don't stand a chance!

Nolrog
03-22-2012, 10:32 AM
15 per? That's quite outrageous. The franchise number is significantly lower than that. They would do much better paying him the 2.7 this year and then hitting him with the franchise tag for the next 7 years and come out ahead.

That's big money, but as 99 said, tis the season of misinformation.

Stairwayto7
03-22-2012, 11:40 AM
Not worth it IMO......He is fast, but I would take Brown over him all day......

K Train
03-22-2012, 11:43 AM
lmao....

HUNT4SEVEN
03-22-2012, 12:15 PM
If he signs his tender,trade his *** and get something for him before the trade deadline, if Al Davis was alive he might give it to him, other than that i don't see his demands being met... Fitzgerald was a 1st round pick, Wallace is a 3rd round pick. players like him come a dime a dozen in my opinion.

Real Deal Steel
03-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Well, atleast now we know that there is indeed something wrong with Mike Wallace mind. He isn't in the zip code of Larry Fitzgerald. Sorry son but you can't go across the middle like Larry Fitzgerald, you don't have the hands of Larry Fitgerald and in all other areas, your not as good as Larry Fitzgerald.

Wallace may be straight line speed faster. But that's it. 9 out of 10 aspects of a wide receiver, Fitzgerald is better.

So now that we know Wallace is this stupid, we need to trade him and prepare our team. I can see that this guy is going to be a problem down the road so let's just go ahead and take another WR in the 5 or 6 round and get ready.

Nolrog
03-22-2012, 12:50 PM
I can see that this guy is going to be a problem down the road so let's just go ahead and take another WR in the 5 or 6 round and get ready.

They needed to take another WR in the 5th or 6th round anyway. Chances are very small that we'll see Wallace, Brown and Sanders all continue on as Steelers

OldSchool58
03-22-2012, 01:14 PM
Hey Wallace, don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya man.

JollyRob68
03-22-2012, 01:20 PM
If you add Vjax's contract x 8 yrs its 92.8Mil. I'd somewhat understand that (still not worth that) but he's not worth Larry Fitz money.

connecticutsteel
03-22-2012, 01:23 PM
maybe he told them that cause he wants to remain a steeler for life lmao

JollyRob68
03-22-2012, 01:25 PM
[QUOTE=CLEVELANDSTEEL;490212]If he signs his tender,trade his *** and get something for him before the trade deadline.

Trade to St Louis for two 2nds after he signs tender.

coach
03-22-2012, 01:31 PM
He can ask for anything he wants. He's only worth what some other team will pay.

JollyRob68
03-22-2012, 04:06 PM
He said dont believe everything you read.

coldrolled
03-22-2012, 04:14 PM
So now someone like cinci will offer 50mil.. they have cash and picks. and need a receiver..

lost caldwell and simpson is in trouble i think? Large quantities of drugs... right?

Prosdo
03-22-2012, 04:34 PM
Sounds like the guy needs a reality check. Fitz is a beast and it is unfortunate he plays for such a ****** team. Wallace is good, but he is no where near the player Fitz is. Come back down to Earth buddy, we miss you.

JollyRob68
03-22-2012, 05:11 PM
So now someone like cinci will offer 50mil.. they have cash and picks. and need a receiver..

lost caldwell and simpson is in trouble i think? Large quantities of drugs... right?

Caldewll signed in Denver and Simpson I think pleaded.

MattyVfromCT
03-22-2012, 07:32 PM
wallace isn't in the same stratosphere as fitzgerald. he needs his brain examined for thinking he's worth that much lol

RIVERS OF STEEL
03-22-2012, 08:57 PM
Don't let the door hit you in the ...

SteelDad
03-22-2012, 08:59 PM
Wallace is not making himself any friends in the Steelers Nation with tweets like this:

Lame *** Nixxas blow me worried bout another man!!#fallback (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/#!/search/%23fallback)

He's taking serious flack from people and not handling very well at all.

steelersbabex25
03-22-2012, 09:33 PM
Those asking where my "diva" comment about Mike Wallace comes from? Yeah, comes from this.

LatrobePA
03-22-2012, 09:41 PM
Exactly I called him this and got flamed, he has all the makings of a little bitch!

steelersbabex25
03-22-2012, 10:21 PM
He thinks cause he had a good 1/2 of a season that he's a superstar. Sorry Mike, takes more than that to make Fitz money.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-22-2012, 11:00 PM
Those asking where my "diva" comment about Mike Wallace comes from? Yeah, comes from this.

WR is the diva position......lol I really don't know what to say about Mike Wallace right now.....

BlacknGold Bleeder
03-23-2012, 12:07 AM
FREAKIN Ridiculous!! Other then speed what has he shown?? There isn't a team out there that will pay him that kinda money ...

SuperSteelers
03-23-2012, 02:47 AM
Send this clown packing.

JensK
03-23-2012, 07:29 AM
The problem is, Wallace is not going anywhere if he is going to ask that kind of money. He has done very little to demand anything more than between 4-7mil a year and other teams surely know this. By now, we are probably pretty certain that he'll stay here for another year and then be gone the next.

K Train
03-23-2012, 10:29 AM
looking back this story is nonsense, just speculation by bouchette.

jpele
03-23-2012, 01:14 PM
looking back this story is nonsense, just speculation by bouchette.

Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee wrote an article that the 49ers were interested til Wallace gave them a price HERE (http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/03/the-49ers-inquired-about-mike-wallace-but.html) On the flip side Wallace is denying it on twitter.

Could be Mike's plan take the tender this year and walk away next year were it won't cost a team a draft pick. Time will tell.

coldrolled
03-23-2012, 01:18 PM
Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee wrote an article that the 49ers were interested til Wallace gave them a price HERE (http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/03/the-49ers-inquired-about-mike-wallace-but.html) On the flip side Wallace is denying it on twitter.

Could be Mike's plan take the tender this year and walk away next year were it won't cost a team a draft pick. Time will tell.

Again, we have to play hard ball somtimes...

no, we should cut hampton, sign wallace to four years and have the option to trade his *** for alot week 6 when a team is dying for him because of their ace wr with an acl.. or we will end up with what we usually get for players chump change.

JollyRob68
03-23-2012, 02:05 PM
Again, we have to play hard ball somtimes...

no, we should cut hampton, sign wallace to four years and have the option to trade his *** for alot week 6 when a team is dying for him because of their ace wr with an acl.. or we will end up with what we usually get for players chump change.
Why wait. Trade him during the draft and get Something for him.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-23-2012, 02:10 PM
The Steelers want to sign wide receiver Mike Wallace to a long-term contract, though team president Art Rooney II said today that he doesn't know when a deal might get done.

"The sooner the better as far as we're concerned but there's two parties to it," Rooney told the Tribune-Review. "We'll have to see what we agree on so I don't want to put any particular time frame on it or restrictions on it because these things take time and I wouldn't want to box myself in on it."

Wallace, who has 3,206 receiving yards and 24 touchdowns in his first three seasons, is a restricted free agent. The Pro Bowler has not generated much interest from other teams, and that may be due to Wallace's cost.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_787984.html#ixzz1pxdKNx6d

coldrolled
03-23-2012, 02:13 PM
Why wait. Trade him during the draft and get Something for him.

I guess we could too. Mid season always seems to get multiple draft picks when other teams do it.

HUNT4SEVEN
03-23-2012, 08:25 PM
If he refuses to sign a extension with us,we should trade his replaceable *** and get something for him!

Real Deal Steel
03-23-2012, 08:26 PM
If they trade him, I'd like for it to be out of conference.

JollyRob68
03-23-2012, 09:45 PM
[QUOTE=BlitzburghRockCity;490295]The Steelers want to sign wide receiver Mike Wallace to a long-term contract, though team president Art Rooney II said today that he doesn't know when a deal might get done.

"The sooner the better as far as we're concerned but there's two parties to it," Rooney told the Tribune-Review. "

Doesn't this statement " there's two parties to it" make it seem that his agent isn't negotiating?
I think Wallace is content to play under the RFA then Hit Free agency. I'd offer him a contract after the RFA period ends and If he doesn't want it then I'd Draft day trade him. Rams, Philly have two seconds or I'd see if Oakland wants to make a deal Rolando McClain & Darius Heyward Bey for Wallace & a 4th/5th. Hell I'd inquire about McClain & Bey now to see what it would take to get them. A 3rd & 5th or 2nd & 6st/7th?

JollyRob68
03-23-2012, 09:46 PM
If they trade him, I'd like for it to be out of conference.

Rams #33 & #39 picks Saffold. Hell #33 & Saffold.

elephantman
03-24-2012, 12:08 AM
if Wallace indeed made this comment, I say we just CUT HIM now.....yes probably not a good FB move, but make a statement that 'we dont except this utter insanity and stupidity" in steeler nation...(so i'm being slightly faceitios).----I've NEVER been a fan of Wallace as all my comments indicate, but this guy has some audacity...and Larry Fitzgerald,....If I were Mike Tonlin, I would make a Fitzgerald compilation video to show to Wallace, and say 'hey, this is how you 'go after' a ball'..'this is an NFL Wide receiver'

this guy shouldnt be in our locker period, as he doesent want to be a steeler (if he made this comment)

BlitzburghRockCity
03-24-2012, 12:10 PM
Apparently the talk he had with Hines Ward didn't do much good :thud:

I agree with bg32, WR has always been a diva position, most of these guys have an ego the size of New York. However, Maurkice Pouncey found out the hard way what happens when you start bad mouthing the fans.

steelers4life66
03-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Looking like we'll have him for 1 more year.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-24-2012, 01:14 PM
To much over-reacting right now.....Yea right now the agent is playing hard ball but there is still time for the Steelers to work out a long term deal with Wallace and his agent......

steelersflow
03-24-2012, 05:55 PM
Ehh, he put up similar numbers as fitz to I cant blame him... I still think hes doing it so no one picks him up and he can stay a steeler.

elephantman
03-24-2012, 07:15 PM
Ehh, he put up similar numbers as fitz to I cant blame him... I still think hes doing it so no one picks him up and he can stay a steeler.

^Wallace and Fitzgerald should NEVER be mentioned in the same sentence.....Fitz put up great numbers with NO QB for the last 2 years, and is double teamed also as their is no other receiver in Arizona......Fitz is a top 3 receiver in the game....Wallace will NEVER be in his league...that comment pissed me off so Much I am discusted with him...When I watch Fitz play, I am amazed....BS

for those of you who never really watched much of Fitz, go on youtube, im sure in seconds u will agree with me

tburg68
03-24-2012, 11:01 PM
When Wallace has 1300 yards and 12 td's, I don't want to hear any of the fools in this thread calling for the Steelers to sign him to a long term deal.

Stupid

steelersbabex25
03-26-2012, 02:48 PM
When Wallace has 1300 yards and 12 td's, I don't want to hear any of the fools in this thread calling for the Steelers to sign him to a long term deal.

Stupid

Few people here are saying they don't want Wallace signed. But asking for the kind of money that arguably the best wide receiver in the league is getting? Not gonna happen.

LatrobePA
03-26-2012, 03:36 PM
Few people here are saying they don't want Wallace signed. But asking for the kind of money that arguably the best wide receiver in the league is getting? Not gonna happen.

Thank you! Some of you homers need to chill out, no way in hell do we want to lose him but if it happens we'll be fine..

JollyRob68
03-26-2012, 04:00 PM

Stupid

I have nothing against Wallace wanting all the money in the world. BAsed on ArtII statement that "theres two parties to it" That sounds as if Bus Cook isn't negotiating with them. They're talking but not negotiating. I'd love for them to get a contract done now so that they can secure the other free agents. However, I feel that Wallace is going to playout his tender and become a UFA,they could always franchise him. If they feel he wants to test free agency Trade him after the RFA period ends before the draft. They will have takers IE; Rams have two seconds,Houston & Chicago need WR, Miami wants to make a splash and Oakland has McClain & Heyward Bey I'd like to acquire plus a pick next year.