PDA

View Full Version : Making a case for Tebow

JollyRob68
03-19-2012, 03:11 PM
Bloggers are already joking that Steeler fans will say lets get Tebow so with that HERE I GO!
The Steelers could be in a win win situation by contacting Denver and working out a sign & trade or agreeing not to match a contract. The trade involves Trading or not matching the contract for Mike Wallace for Denvers #1 & Tebow once Peyton Manning signs.
This allows The Steelers to get another first round pick and get a BackupQB/Emergency QB or H Back in Tim Tebow. With the release of Hines Ward it has opened up the door for us to need an emergency QB and with the age and injury prone status of our two free agent QB I feel its time to move on from Both Batch & Leftwhich.
Tim Tebow is an Outstanding Athlete who wants a chance to be a QB in the NFL and based on how long we held onto Dixon I believe The Steelers would give him that chance.
The Steelers could also use him as a Hback at a lower cost this year than what it cost to retain David Johnson. Tebows cost is 1.1million and Johnson is 1.26 million. Its not much in terms of money but Tebow is 10x better of an athlete than Johnson. We could always keep both until Wesley Saunders comes back from his 4 game suspension.
I'd rather have the extra pick and Tebow than Mike Wallace.

OK Steeler Addicts let me have it and tell me what you think!

K Train
03-19-2012, 03:23 PM
wallace for tebow and #25? im in

i ****ing hate tebow too btw

BlitzburghRockCity
03-19-2012, 03:33 PM
ok I'll play along.

If the Broncos give us the #25 pick and Tim Tebow in exchange for Wallace I'd say bring it on! There's no way they'd do it but I like the thought behind it.

I'd be worried though if they didn't bring back Cotchery to help compensate for loss of Wallace.

However I don't know that Tebow wants to go somewhere he can't start. He got a taste for being the man last year even as bad as he was statistically.

Nolrog
03-19-2012, 03:40 PM
Oh for frack's sake. Someone just shoot me in the fracking head already and get it over with.

LatrobePA
03-19-2012, 03:42 PM
Tebow carved our number 1 defense up, just saying!

connecticutsteel
03-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Forget Tebow the jags said they are interested and that's ground zero Gator country so forget him he will go back up gabbert and run his Gator package(wildcat)

MDSteel15
03-19-2012, 03:48 PM
There's no room in the burgh for him...

K Train
03-19-2012, 03:53 PM
hes what you get if you cross peyton hillis with dallas clark, and unfortunately for him hes exactly what those 2 would be as a QB...terrible.

the man runs incredibly hard though, hed be a nice addition to any ground game. really wouldnt mind him as a backup QB at all if he could be good for 15 TDs a year as an H-back

again, this from someone who hates him lol

ldvious15
03-19-2012, 03:57 PM
No thanks I bleeping hate Tebow............need o-line help!!

K Train
03-19-2012, 04:07 PM

the coorelation here is non existant

Speeed
03-19-2012, 04:18 PM
I would not mind having him as a backup. He is the kind of guy who I would want in when the franchise QB is injured and the game is on the line and losing is not an option. The plays hard, and makes plays. I don't understand why people hate him. I bet he ends up somewhere down south.

JollyRob68
03-19-2012, 04:46 PM
My point is Denver wants him gone ASAP and might go after Mike Wallace to give Peyton more weapons, I'm suggesting we get him for free. We need a backup QB who is young,not injury prone and someone we'll let develop. We need a better Hback and he could play Hback/or even RB not only that but Todd Haley uses different packages.
Mike Wallace can put everyone out of their misery by signing his tender but he'd be stupid to do so. The experts are now associating his name with Denver as a possibility and still with the 49ers especially if the lose Alex Smith.
Its been said it still way early to sign RFA but people think because theres been no action with Wallace that he's not wanted. Thats untrue, he's just not the priority yet.

JollyRob68
03-19-2012, 04:56 PM

They can fix the Oline by signing Eric Steignbach & Vernon Carey. Eric Steignbach is recovering from surgery and shouldn't be expensive and Carey was released by Miami.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-19-2012, 06:14 PM
Ok you're just assuming Tebow will actually be an H-BAck.......I say no thanks and really I would stop being a Steelers fan if they traded for Tim Tebow...I despise Tim Tebow more then any athlete....Yea he carved up the Steelers D but that is because the old man failed to adjust the entire game........

Number99
03-19-2012, 06:32 PM
Tebow to the Steelers? No thanks. The Steelers don't need that circus to come to town. Let him go to south Fla and fade away into oblivion.

steelcitysfinestXL
03-19-2012, 07:03 PM
To answer the OP: IF, Wallace is gonna sign anywhere else...Yeah i'd take that deal! I am NOT a Tebow fan, and I REALLY want to see what Haley can do for Wallace and this offense. BUT, if we do lose Wallace: why not take a free back-up QB who has proven he can win as a NFL QB along with a 1st rounder?!?! I'd rather have that than the 9ers 30th overall?

Black@Gold Forever32
03-19-2012, 07:16 PM
Ok all you wannabe GM's......You really think the Steelers would trade a weapon like Wallace to the Broncos to pair with Peyton Manning?......The Steelers are still a Super Bowl contender and trading Wallace to the Broncos strengthens their offense greatly......Now the Broncos still could offer Wallace a king's ransom which the Steelers could match or not....But they wouldn't trade Wallace to strengthen another AFC team who just added Peyton Manning........

coldrolled
03-19-2012, 07:39 PM
How about this possibility: The New England Patriots.

The Pats can handle the drama, and Bill Belichick loves versatile athletes.

It would turn next season's Broncos-Patriots tangle in Foxborough into a must-see affair ... sort of.

That's because, in reality, it's unclear if Tebow will ever start another football game.

We're looking at a quarterback who's gone from torching the Pittsburgh Steelers in the playoffs, to losing his job to Manning, to -- in this scenario -- backing up Tom Brady.

Tebow's said all along he doesn't ride the roller coaster, but this time he might not have a choice.

DIESELMAN
03-19-2012, 07:56 PM
Why would Denver trade Tebow? Just because they signed Manning, who is one good hit away from retirement, doesn't mean they will get rid of Tebow. Once again the media claims he will be traded and the sheep follow their lead bah bah bah bah bah bah lol Other then Tebow, there is no one else to backup Manning!!! Quinn is gone and they have someone by the name of Weber as their 3rd string QB. Denver would be dumb to get rid of Tebow and the Steelers making a play for him is even dumber.

LatrobePA
03-19-2012, 07:56 PM
This might turn Tebow into the devil and kill people!

K Train
03-19-2012, 08:50 PM
Why would Denver trade Tebow? Just because they signed Manning, who is one good hit away from retirement, doesn't mean they will get rid of Tebow. Once again the media claims he will be traded and the sheep follow their lead bah bah bah bah bah bah lol Other then Tebow, there is no one else to backup Manning!!! Quinn is gone and they have someone by the name of Weber as their 3rd string QB. Denver would be dumb to get rid of Tebow and the Steelers making a play for him is even dumber.
elway just went through every thing he possibly could to rid himself of tebow...NO WAY hes on that roster very much longer, elways hates him

Nolrog
03-19-2012, 09:03 PM
This might turn Tebow into the devil and kill people!

He can start with me. A bullet right in the middle of my ****ing head.

Real Deal Steel
03-19-2012, 09:03 PM
Tim Tebow is a fraud and a bum. I don't EVER want him wearing the Black and Gold! To even mention him as a Steeler is a mammoth insult to me and my team! He is not a QB!

I wish they would close this stupid thread!

Steeler4life
03-19-2012, 09:48 PM

My guess is because Elway can't stand him...his play style that is.

cmerrifield
03-19-2012, 11:20 PM
Ok two things: 1. One its illegal to talk to Denver about not matching a Wallace contract. It violates the CBA and 2. Denver would never give go for it, but even if they did, no thanks. The last thing I want is a bunch of Tebow fans saying put Tebow in after every Roethlisberger interception.

tburg68
03-20-2012, 12:25 AM
elway just went through every thing he possibly could to rid himself of tebow...NO WAY hes on that roster very much longer, elways hates him

My guess is because Elway can't stand him...his play style that is.

Agreed.

I would actually like this scenario as long as Tebow knows he's moving to TE/HB. He would be top 5 TE in short order.
The Steelers then grab Hightower & Best available G in first round. Draft best available G in round two. O-Line becomes beast, and Tebow is a mismatch for LB/S that try to cover him. Resign Cotchery and the Receiving corp is still in great shape.
Round three brings Pead or BPA, and the Steelers are on their way.........

Real Deal Steel
03-20-2012, 12:50 AM
Steelers would be dead because they still have no real nose tackle. Hampton is like a broke man in Vegas.....DONE! We need a new starting NT. Way more then we need Hightower.

strummerfan
03-20-2012, 08:32 AM
Tebow carved our number 1 defense up, just saying!

good lord

K Train
03-20-2012, 10:59 AM
Agreed.

I would actually like this scenario as long as Tebow knows he's moving to TE/HB. He would be top 5 TE in short order.
The Steelers then grab Hightower & Best available G in first round. Draft best available G in round two. O-Line becomes beast, and Tebow is a mismatch for LB/S that try to cover him. Resign Cotchery and the Receiving corp is still in great shape.
Round three brings Pead or BPA, and the Steelers are on their way.........

very madden like in reality but would be sweet lol

K Train
03-20-2012, 11:01 AM
Steelers would be dead because they still have no real nose tackle. Hampton is like a broke man in Vegas.....DONE! We need a new starting NT. Way more then we need Hightower.

casey will probably play this year if he makes the roster, with hood, mcclendon, and woods all on the roster and the notion that anthony gray could be brought back, plus 3 NTs in the draft i would like (maybe 4 with fangupu) i think we will be ok at NT, everyone seems to be freaking out about NT and G and MLB are bigger needs imo. Hood has always played good at nose, mcclendon was pretty good for us the last 2 years, enough to stick around, woods has out of this world potential but its now or never for him he cant just be a raw player forever, and gray did some good things in preseason i thought he might actually have earned a roster spot

LatrobePA
03-20-2012, 11:19 AM
Elway hates Tebow!

strummerfan
03-20-2012, 11:20 AM
Agreed.

Timmy T has said repeatedly that he doesn't want to switch positions. I'm also curious as to what makes you think he would be a top 5 TE? Can he block? Catch a pass? Run routes? He's never done any of the things required to be a TE, but you've already got him as one of the best in the league.

LatrobePA
03-20-2012, 11:24 AM
good lord

you mean good Tebow?

K Train
03-20-2012, 11:28 AM
Timmy T has said repeatedly that he doesn't want to switch positions. I'm also curious as to what makes you think he would be a top 5 TE? Can he block? Catch a pass? Run routes? He's never done any of the things required to be a TE, but you've already got him as one of the best in the league.

i think tebow will do what it takes to play...if no one wants him at QB he may not have a choice.

I think he would compare favorably to dallas clark (neither were TEs in college, clark was a LB) but hes got good speed, exceptional bulk, and is a nightmare to tackle. But as a runner he compares to peyton hillis, he could be a pretty insane weapon is he just put the QB ego aside....he is the best QB college football has ever seen but you can only throw so many erractic misfires in the pros before you need to take action and play to your strengths

coldrolled
03-20-2012, 11:52 AM
Less than 24 hours after Peyton Manning picked the Broncos to be his next team, five franchises already have contacted Denver in regard to a potential trade for Tim Tebow, a league source told NFL Network's Michael Lombardi on Tuesday.

K Train
03-20-2012, 12:02 PM
my guess: Jacksonville, Philadelphia, Miami, Cleveland, Kansas City and New England. thats 6 but idc lol

LatrobePA
03-20-2012, 12:12 PM
Pats will land him..

coldrolled
03-20-2012, 12:13 PM
pats have 3 qbs. miami is my guess. he will sell tickets sitting on the bench.

strummerfan
03-20-2012, 12:18 PM
i think tebow will do what it takes to play...if no one wants him at QB he may not have a choice.

I think he would compare favorably to dallas clark (neither were TEs in college, clark was a LB) but hes got good speed, exceptional bulk, and is a nightmare to tackle. But as a runner he compares to peyton hillis, he could be a pretty insane weapon is he just put the QB ego aside....he is the best QB college football has ever seen but you can only throw so many erractic misfires in the pros before you need to take action and play to your strengths

Dallas Clark was actually converted to TE in college. Just because Dallas Clark was able to make teh transition doesn't mena that Tebow will also.

LatrobePA
03-20-2012, 12:25 PM
I can see Bill converting him!

JollyRob68
03-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Hines was a converted QB,Randel El was a converted QB so why not get Tebow and continue the tradition especially with Hines retiring as a Steeler.

OldSchool58
03-20-2012, 03:54 PM
Hate on the kid all you want, but if by some chance he's wearing black and gold next season I'll be cheering for him. Personally, over the last few years there have been numerous times I'd like to have b*tch slapped big Ben with a stick of hickory wood.....but as long as he's a Steeler, he's my boy.

tburg68
03-20-2012, 11:59 PM

He is a superior athlete, and his work ethic can't be questioned. As a QB, he would understand all aspects of the offense, including TE/HB. He would be a physical mismatch no doubt. I don't hate Tebow at all, but he is no QB. I also started out by saying that you only make this move if he understands how you intend to use him, and he agrees to it.

JollyRob68
03-21-2012, 07:00 AM

Neither did Hines Ward or Randel El they were QB's in college and how did that turn out. Correct me if I'm wrong but Tebow runes over people?

JollyRob68
03-21-2012, 07:01 AM
Dallas Clark was actually converted to TE in college. Just because Dallas Clark was able to make teh transition doesn't mena that Tebow will also.

Doesn't mean he cant/

SteelDad
03-21-2012, 08:46 AM
Tebow is not coming to the 'burgh. We now join our regularly scheduled program already in progress.

Real Deal Steel
03-21-2012, 12:46 PM
Tebow is not coming to the 'burgh. We now join our regularly scheduled program already in progress.

Thank you. We are not in the buisness of fake prophets.

Nolrog
03-21-2012, 02:07 PM
Tebow was just traded to the Jets.

Can we get back to the land of reality and talk about things that will actually help the Steelers now?

Speeed
03-21-2012, 02:21 PM
He is now a Jet!

BlitzburghRockCity
03-21-2012, 02:25 PM
LOL for a 4th round pick, what a circus that locker room is going to be now...even more.

chisteeler
03-21-2012, 02:28 PM
He is now a Jet!

Maybe he was brought in to lead the team prayers...Lord knows if any team needs some divine intervention, it's the Jets

JollyRob68
03-21-2012, 02:39 PM
That ends this thread. Thanks....... At first I said why are The Jets continuing to be a circus but then I remembered they brought in Tony Sparano and he runs the WildCat.

Here's a thought, I can see the gets trying to acquire Jonathan Dwyer but they'll just grab BJGE the lawfirm.

coldrolled
03-21-2012, 02:58 PM
Wildcat Here we Go!

coldrolled
03-21-2012, 05:35 PM
oops!! not so fast..

@ I can't believe the Broncos want the Jets to pay them. Elway wants 5 million in cash and draft picks too?

Ibleedblk&gld
03-21-2012, 06:00 PM
That ends this thread. Thanks....... At first I said why are The Jets continuing to be a circus but then I remembered they brought in Tony Sparano and he runs the WildCat.

Here's a thought, I can see the gets trying to acquire Jonathan Dwyer but they'll just grab BJGE the lawfirm.

BJGE is a bengal as of today...

Number99
03-21-2012, 06:21 PM
I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a Tebow today.