PDA

View Full Version : New Field vs Old Field

SteelerNation
01-24-2007, 11:32 PM
I BORED AND TIRED OF READING THE SAME STUFF IM NOT TRYING TO BE A DICK BUT HERES SOME TOPIC FOR PEOPLE TO CLASH IT OUT WITH

NEW FIELD VS OLD FIELD 1-0

-------------------------

I say get new field. ok im done with this topic:redcool:

Steelersfan
01-24-2007, 11:34 PM
:scratch: are you saying Three Rivers .vs Heinz or Heinz .vs an all new field? Or just the turf?......:dunno:

SteelerNation
01-24-2007, 11:36 PM
grass vs turf we dont need a new everthing

Steelersfan
01-24-2007, 11:38 PM
I want grass but something better than what we have. Something that can handle the pounding.

Koopa
01-24-2007, 11:38 PM
i want what the ravens use, that is one nice football field......ours looks like it's getting ready for some mud wrestling..........

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-25-2007, 12:04 AM
ours looks like it's getting ready for some mud wrestling..........

Nothin wrong with mud wrasslin if you got the right people doing it...:lol:

I agree though something needs done about the field for ALL users.

AZ_Steeler
01-25-2007, 12:10 AM
I'm for the grass because I like a torn up field in the rain!

SteelerNation
01-25-2007, 12:19 AM
By all means i love the muddy beat down football but i think we need to atleast replaint the field. and make it new. and shiny with the steelers logo. and like aways have the fans drinking beer and chanting the steelers song

SteelerFan87
01-25-2007, 12:26 AM
I say go with that fieldturf stuff that's supposed to be almost like grass. And we definitely need the symbol in the middle of the field and decent painted endzones, not that crap with the slanted white lines in one end. If Pitt doesn't like it, they can build their own stadium.

BTW, if it HAD been Three Rivers vs Heinz, no question Three Rivers would have owned. :yesnod: (Note my avatar :tt02: )

K Train
01-25-2007, 12:53 AM
i would rather just have really nice grass......**** artificial

House of Steel
01-25-2007, 12:55 AM
I am with you K train. I like real grass. I loved playing in the rain torn up field sliding in mud and stuff, that was football hardcore style.

K Train
01-25-2007, 12:56 AM
i would just rather have nice grass

K Train
01-25-2007, 12:57 AM
and heinz field doesnt have to be the whore-field of pittsburgh, for gods sake this is a professonal football team lol

House of Steel
01-25-2007, 01:00 AM
Try telling that to the Rooneys.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-25-2007, 06:18 AM
By all means i love the muddy beat down football but i think we need to atleast replaint the field. and make it new. and shiny with the steelers logo. and like aways have the fans drinking beer and chanting the steelers song

Do you know how many times we've redone the field over the years since Heinz was built? Atleast twice a year and once in the offseason. It's ridiculous to keep replacing sod all the time and wasting money for an outdoor stadium in a climate that's not condusive to the type of weather and use that Heinz gets. Please Rooney's, get us field turf, please ! :banana:

SteelerNation
01-25-2007, 03:13 PM
Well I just want to see a nice new field. its not like it cost millions of dollars. i know its not cheap but jeez is it not cheaper to just put turf in and we dont have to redo the field 2 3 times a year. etc.etc. But like house of steel

Try telling that to the roonys they just dont want to spend the money on a new field but they will wast money by keep redoing the field 2 3 times a year:dunno:

Im lost. Notice my perdictions for the 2007 season below.:crossfingers:

TEEMONT
01-25-2007, 03:18 PM
Once again, I will draw from my football experience. GRASS KICKS ***!!!

I also like the slanted lines in the end zone, it's so old school my Grandpa says it's old school. I do think we need the logo at midfield though.

PITT23
01-25-2007, 03:51 PM
I also like the slanted lines in the end zone, it's so old school my Grandpa says it's old school. I do think we need the logo at midfield though.

They will keep the lines as long as Pitt football season goes on but I think they get rid of them when the Panthers finish up.

Stairwayto7
01-25-2007, 04:22 PM
Grass, with no more high school football

BlitzburghRockCity
01-25-2007, 04:58 PM
I like grass fields too but the problem is that it's not grass by November it just a bunch of nothing with zero footing that causes players to slip, fall down, trip and everything else no matter what cleats they have on.

Yes they get rid of the lines after Pitt is done playing for the year.

Steelerlyn
01-25-2007, 05:01 PM
I say go with that fieldturf stuff that's supposed to be almost like grass. And we definitely need the symbol in the middle of the field and decent painted endzones, not that crap with the slanted white lines in one end. If Pitt doesn't like it, they can build their own stadium.

BTW, if it HAD been Three Rivers vs Heinz, no question Three Rivers would have owned. :yesnod: (Note my avatar :tt02: )

That my friend is the truth nothing like TRS!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-25-2007, 05:04 PM
TRS was an awesome place, even as run down as it was you got this nostalgic, historic feeling everytime you went through those gates. I'll never forget the sad day when it was imploded. I was there and it's a memory I'll cherish.

I know the players hated the astro turf but it did look pretty :lol:

TEEMONT
01-25-2007, 05:08 PM

I dunno about getting rid of the high school football. They only play 4 games there. I never got to play there but the chance to play (at 3 Riversa at the time) was just huge. I can't imagine them taking that away from high school kids.

Koopa
01-25-2007, 05:10 PM
i think the commish needs to come in and get involved and force the team to put field turf lol..........we have the worse playing field in the league, and it doesn't give us an advantage, willie is always falling to soon, the grass we have just sucks ***.......................

BlitzburghRockCity
01-25-2007, 05:10 PM
They won't take it away from the high school kids, the Rooney's are too deeply involved in the community to do that; we are destined to have a beautiful stadium and complete shiat for turf for a LONG LONG time IMO.

SteelerNation
01-25-2007, 05:43 PM
HMMMMMM Im not to sure i belive that i think the rooneys have the money they just dont give a **** if it is grass or turff or mud. they just want to invest in the best players coaches etc. Nothing is wrong with that at all. BUT

we need to take care of stuff or people look at us as we have a piece of crap field etc.

My messenge to the rooneys get 50/50 grass... its not the best but its better and a step foword 50/50 is 50 percent grass 50 percent turf

BlitzburghRockCity
01-25-2007, 06:47 PM
The last design they tried was a 50-50 blend that they got from a world renown turf expert from holland. The grass is actually sewn into the turf to help its durability, but yet that still doesnt work.

Koopa
01-25-2007, 06:49 PM
just get astro turf again lol, who cares about knees lol

SteelerNation
01-25-2007, 06:52 PM
lol koopa got a point but i dont i dont think it would be a smart move

but all i wanted to do with this topic was to get everones point of view on this to see what we should do and its still 50/50 half of u love grass the other half love turf but . anyways more comments would be nice :yesnod: lol

BlitzburghRockCity
01-25-2007, 06:54 PM
just get astro turf again lol, who cares about knees lol

Well it was really pretty wasn't it ! :lol:

http://football.ballparks.com/NFL/PittsburghSteelers/interior.jpg

SteelerNation
01-25-2007, 06:57 PM
now thats how we should make if we ever make a new stadium is just like three rivias. we need turf and a dome that can hold 100,000 dead on... i know back then we had a hard time to feel it up but i belive we could feel 100,000 easy. but mabye not. todays age we have to many bandwagen jumpers.... :( and i hate someone who jumps to the winning team ...

If you are a diehard steelers fan new or old. you stick with the steel curtain . and the steelers period :cabbagepatch:

Koopa
01-25-2007, 06:59 PM
there will never be a dome as long as the rooney's are owners, they are too old school..............

and damn i love that pic, that **** was beautiful................to bad it sucks on players knees

i wish we could still paint the endzones like that and have the logo in the middle year around.........**** what pitt thinks, they suck at life anyway lol

SteelerNation
01-25-2007, 07:01 PM
Yea i know i do belive the rooneys some day will come to thiey head and get turf but a dome i agree with u koopa the rooneys will never do it. but hey all i really care about is if the steelers are winning to beating the **** out of the other team

BlitzburghRockCity
01-25-2007, 07:43 PM
The day the Rooneys ever get a dome stadium in Pittsburgh for the Steelers is the day they sell the team to TO !

Koopa
01-25-2007, 08:13 PM
also, wtf is the talk about a new stadium for??? heinez field isn't even a decade old

House of Steel
01-25-2007, 08:23 PM
You know I was just about going to ask that myself? Heinz Field to me reflect the region in general. I love Heinz Field, it is a kick *** looking stadium. It will be at least 30-40 years before we consider another stadium.

Friday133
01-25-2007, 08:24 PM

Not gonna happen any time soon, so stop thinking it will.

SteelerNation
01-25-2007, 08:54 PM
I dont want a new stadium i said it early. i and amoug others want a new field

House of Steel
01-25-2007, 08:59 PM
now thats how we should make if we ever make a new stadium is just like three rivias. we need turf and a dome that can hold 100,000 dead on... i know back then we had a hard time to feel it up but i belive we could feel 100,000 easy. but mabye not. todays age we have to many bandwagen jumpers.... :( and i hate someone who jumps to the winning team ...

If you are a diehard steelers fan new or old. you stick with the steel curtain . and the steelers period :cabbagepatch:

Ummmmmm....you did mention stadium :scratch: :scratch:

SteelerNation
01-25-2007, 09:32 PM
:scratch: ummm u got my confussed house of steel?

SteelerNation
01-25-2007, 09:32 PM
O i never said i wanted a new one i just said if we ever did thats how it should be.