PDA

View Full Version : Jets could be interested in bringing back Cotchery

BlitzburghRockCity
03-14-2012, 02:38 PM
I was afraid this might happen. According to TheJetsStream on Twitter, they may be interested in bringing him back.

@TheJetsStream: Looking to bolster their WR corps... the Jets have expressed interest in Jerricho Cotchery, per source. #nfl

Cotchery said earlier this offseason that he wanted to come back and the Steelers have already talked to his agent as well. No word from JC himself on this but from last year during interviews he expressed that it was time to move on from New York.

Hopefully he still feels that way and we can get him back. It's just a matter of if he's willing to wait on the Steelers and how much the price difference would be.

connecticutsteel
03-14-2012, 02:49 PM
can we get a peyton hated choice in mood

LatrobePA
03-14-2012, 03:01 PM
He doesn't want to go back to that **** hole! He'll be a Steeler...

BlitzburghRockCity
03-14-2012, 04:01 PM
By Rich Cimini (http://espn.go.com/new-york/columns/archive?name=rich-cimini) | ESPNNewYork.com

Former New York Jets (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets) wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/5633/jerricho-cotchery), an unrestricted free agent after one season with the Pittsburgh Steelers (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/pit/pittsburgh-steelers), said Wednesday that he'd consider a return to the Jets.
"Yeah, I'm open to it," Cotchery told ESPNNewYork.com. "I'm open to all possibilities. I don't close doors. I'm not that type of dude."

Cotchery said two teams have expressed interest in him, but he declined to name them other than to say the Steelers want him back. The Jets have shown interest, according to the New York Daily News.

LatrobePA
03-14-2012, 04:05 PM
IMO this team would be plain stupid to let him walk...

Goodfrom55
03-14-2012, 04:28 PM
Great, Jets will sign Cotch and Wallace will sign some ungodly contract like the other free agent WR's before him. Better call Hines and Limas back. . .

LatrobePA
03-14-2012, 04:34 PM
Great, Jets will sign Cotch and Wallace will sign some ungodly contract like the other free agent WR's before him. Better call Hines and Limas back. . .

LOL, Limas, there's a bust from the past!

StlersGuy
03-14-2012, 04:51 PM
Limas he is still on the team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coldrolled
03-14-2012, 05:01 PM

We cant sit around and wait all the time.. this teams needs to get proactive.

steelersbabex25
03-14-2012, 05:18 PM
Don't you just love free agency in Pittsburgh? Teams make moves to improve their lineup and we sit there and wave goodbye to potential players.

LatrobePA
03-14-2012, 05:27 PM
Don't you just love free agency in Pittsburgh? Teams make moves to improve their lineup and we sit there and wave goodbye to potential players.

Fn love it don't ya!!

cmerrifield
03-14-2012, 06:11 PM

Which one of the big free agent spenders made the playoffs last year?

sent from my Evo using tapatalk

coldrolled
03-14-2012, 06:26 PM
Which one of the big free agent spenders made the playoffs last year?

One player Nicks a guard or a NT not the world man...

cmerrifield
03-14-2012, 06:36 PM
One player Nicks a guard or a NT not the world man...

With what money? Only person left would be Hampton, but he is the better than any FA on the market.

Real Deal Steel
03-14-2012, 06:49 PM
When he came here, he seemed relieved to be out of that zoo. I don't think he's going back. But if he does, then I'm glad because that means he's stupid.

strummerfan
03-14-2012, 07:00 PM

I wouldn't have it any other way.

coldrolled
03-14-2012, 08:24 PM
With what money? Only person left would be Hampton, but he is the better than any FA on the market.

you said it, dump hampton and replace him.. draft other positions.

Goodfrom55
03-14-2012, 08:30 PM
Can't figure out why they are keeping him. Does he have pics of COlbert in a swanky massage parlor or something? The guy had a sub par year last year, tore his ACL, and is in the final year of his contract. Cut the cord!

harpo
03-15-2012, 12:50 PM
I don't know....I think that he'll probably sign with the Jets now that Plax is out and being that the Jets haven't brought in another WR as of yet.

Looks like Hines could possibly end up back in a Steeler uniform...... :thinking:

LatrobePA
03-15-2012, 12:57 PM
They will never bring Hines back, he was done two years ago.. Manny Sanders hasn't shown enough to allow Cotch to walk!

harpo
03-15-2012, 05:17 PM
If the Jets throw the right amount of money Cotchery's way, there's not much the Steelers can do except allow him to "walk".