PDA

View Full Version : Keenan Lewis, stay or go?

BlitzburghRockCity
03-13-2012, 11:26 AM
The Steelers gave him a draft round tender which means if he gets an offer and they don't match it they'll get a 3rd round pick as compensation. With Cortez Allen and Curtis Brown showing promise last year, perhaps Keenan becomes expendable for the right price? That extra 3rd round pick would be nice.

Having said that, I think in the end he sticks around for at least the 1 yr. tender but if an offer comes through on him I'm sure they'll at least look at it. You'd be foolish not too IMO.

Real Deal Steel
03-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Stay. We need him. We have no real depth behind him.

LatrobePA
03-13-2012, 11:35 AM
I'd say he's gotta stay for sure...

strummerfan
03-13-2012, 11:35 AM
Stay

Raleigh Steel
03-13-2012, 12:55 PM
hope he stays

JollyRob68
03-13-2012, 02:03 PM
I want him to stay. It's all clicking now. However I see arizona going after him & Ryan Mundy.

SnakeEyes43
03-13-2012, 02:04 PM
I've been high on Lewis awhile now, even after many turned their back on him. I hope he stays, I really like the way he plays. A nice balance of aggressivness and technique, plus he's still developing.

JensK
03-13-2012, 02:51 PM
There is no reason not to keep him around. We have to pretty promising young corners aside from him, but they are still unproven. I'm not saying that Lewis is not, sort of at least, but he have some game experience, which is actually something we are lacking at that position.

connecticutsteel
03-13-2012, 03:06 PM
lewis is only getting better i'll keep him and let Gay go

Raleigh Steel
03-13-2012, 07:45 PM
lewis is only getting better i'll keep him and let Gay go

:plus1:

Nolrog
03-13-2012, 10:52 PM
He's one of the two guys that could get a look in free agency (the other is Wallace, though I think price for Wallace is too high and he'll resign.) I like the secondary we have now though. Good bunch of guys that can get the job done. Be a shame to lose one and have to go get another corner. We're going to have to replace Ike soon enough (maybe as soon as next year.)

BlitzburghRockCity
03-14-2012, 09:23 AM
Gay talked yesterday about wanting to stay in Pittsburgh but I honestly just can't see the justification for it. You spend 2 draft picks on cornerbacks and you have Lewis. Bringing back Gay is just counter productive both to your cap and the development of the young players.

LatrobePA
03-14-2012, 09:46 AM
This is a tricky move IMO, you have to be sure these younger guys can do the job..

strummerfan
03-14-2012, 10:18 AM
This is a tricky move IMO, you have to be sure these younger guys can do the job..

They showed some promise, but the sample size is so small that betting the farm on them probably isn't the best idea. Last year they carried Ike, Gay, Lewis,Mcfadden, Allen, and Brown with the release of Mcfadden they have the space to keep Lewis and Gay.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-14-2012, 11:33 AM
They may have the roster space potentially but the cap space will be a different story. Gay won't command a ton of money so that's a plus if they want to bring him back. I just think that you spent these draft picks on db's of the future and you have Lewis, so let them play. Time to find out what they got.

CowherPower
03-14-2012, 10:37 PM
It's time to get Lewis really shine, he showed enough promise last year to give you at least a semi good feeling that he can handle the starting job. With a full offseason working with Carnell Lake I think he can really take off! Bringing back Gay just shouldn't be in the books this year. Pretty much the Steelers need to let these draft picks do their job and not sit behind established veterans forever.

coldrolled
03-14-2012, 11:07 PM
Pretty much the Steelers need to let these draft picks do their job and not sit behind established veterans forever.

I guess with their cap situation, they have no choice but to let the young players play and move forward. So this coming year will be a youth movement having great success or a complete debacle...

LatrobePA
03-15-2012, 08:43 AM
established

Is that a nice word for slow, not good? I would say I agree if so!