PDA

View Full Version : 6 Steelers restricted free agents get their tender offers.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-12-2012, 04:15 PM
According to Steelers.com, the team has tendered Mike Wallace, Doug Legursky, Ramon Foster, Ryan Mundy, David Johnson and Keenan Lewis their offers.

Scott Brown says that Wallace got a first round tender but the rest received draft round.

K Train
03-12-2012, 04:18 PM
i fully expect some team to make a play for wallace, whether the steelers are gonna match it remains to be seen but i hope if a team goes after him its the rams or the bears or the browns, not the 9ers, ravens, patriots, or bengals....even though i wouldnt be THAT upset regardless

LatrobePA
03-12-2012, 04:32 PM
I agree I see someone spending way to much for Mike!

coldrolled
03-12-2012, 05:55 PM
I agree I see someone spending way to much for Mike!

After the top WR FA's are bought up. so we have to wait a week...

BlitzburghRockCity
03-12-2012, 06:21 PM
The Steelers get no compensation if Legursky and Foster leave since they were UDFA's. I suspect they'll match any offers those two might get. It would be dumb not too.

Neither will get a huge offer and if they lost both the line would be in serious trouble.

From BRC's DROID X of Awesomeness

Nolrog
03-12-2012, 07:47 PM
The Steelers get no compensation if Legursky and Foster leave since they were UDFA's. I suspect they'll match any offers those two might get.

Do you really think either will get an offer though? I would be surprised. In fact, I'd be surprised if anyone besides Wallace (maybe Lewis too) get's even a sniff.

Wallace isn't going to get an offer. Not with the unrestricted talent that's out there. And a team (Browns, Rams) is no way going to spend a top 10 pick to get him.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Nah I really don't anticipate either one will get much of an offer honestly. If they do the team will match it unless it's some outlandishly huge deal front loaded high. For these players that hardly likely..LOL.

Keeping the tender low on those guys will help keep any offers low, in theory. I would say if I'm a team looking for offensive line depth I'd make a run at one or both of them. Probably more Legursky based on his versatility.

LatrobePA
03-13-2012, 02:53 PM
Do you really think either will get an offer though? I would be surprised. In fact, I'd be surprised if anyone besides Wallace (maybe Lewis too) get's even a sniff.

Wallace isn't going to get an offer. Not with the unrestricted talent that's out there. And a team (Browns, Rams) is no way going to spend a top 10 pick to get him.

60% of that talent has been signed or resigned already...