PDA

View Full Version : NFL Finally Sets the Cap

Nolrog
03-11-2012, 08:46 PM
The NFL set the salary cap for next year at 120.6 million, which is some 225K more than last year (essentially the same.) So that adds a bit more certainty to things.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7673111/nfl-sets-cap-1206-million-slightly-more-11

BlitzburghRockCity
03-11-2012, 09:33 PM
This will make things interesting as they decide what to tender to guys like Ramon Foster, Doug Legursky, and Ryan Mundy.

From BRC's DROID X of Awesomeness

Nolrog
03-11-2012, 09:59 PM
I think we have to tender them all. Foster is a good lineman, Legs is a decent back up (and he backs up C which is important) and Mundy is the only back up safety we have, unless they convert one of the conrners. Probably can get them all pretty cheap.

cmerrifield
03-11-2012, 11:02 PM
They will all get tenders, except for maybe Meredith, it will be an issue at what level they are tendered, and we still have Will Allen who is a backup safety.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-12-2012, 09:41 AM
The following list shows the cap space for each team, as of Sunday, March 11. Transactions occurring after 4:00 p.m. ET on Friday, March 9 are not reflected. For example, the Vikings will have more space as of Monday, due to the termination of the contracts of several players. Also, the Jets will have more cap space, given the extension of Mark Sanchez (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5192/mark-sanchez)'s contract. The numbers is based on the 2012 unadjusted cap of $120.6 million, any 2011 carryover, any adjustments, and franchise tenders.]

Bengals: $49.9 million under.
Broncos: $44.7 million under.
Buccaneers: $42.7 million under.
Jaguars: $40.6 million under.
Chiefs: $32.5 million under.
Redskins: $31.1 million under.
Bills: $30.8 million under.
Seahawks: $29.8 million under.
Titans: $28.1 million under.
Bears: $22.6 million under.
49ers: $21.8 million under.
Browns: $17.4 million under.
Patriots: $16.2 million under.
Chargers: $14.9 million under.
Ravens: $14.45 million under.
Dolphins: $11.8 million under.
Colts: $11.6 million under.
Steelers: $10.5 million under.
Eagles: $9.6 million under.
Vikings: $7.9 million under.
Jets: $7.1 million under.
Falcons: $5.8 million under.
Packers: $5.4 million under.
Saints: $5.2 million under.
Cowboys: $4.7 million under.
Rams: $1.2 million under.
Giants: $3.8 million over.
Texans: $4.7 million over.
Panthers: $5.3 million over.
Raiders: $7.4 million over.
Lions: $11.5 million over.
Cardinals: $16.4 million over.

coldrolled
03-12-2012, 10:03 AM
The bengals are 49mil under and made the payoffs... what does that mean to the afcn? and they have 2 #1 picks..

LatrobePA
03-12-2012, 10:22 AM
The bengals are 49mil under and made the payoffs... what does that mean to the afcn? and they have 2 #1 picks..

IMO If their owner / coaches don't F things up Cinci will be the team to beat!!

Real Deal Steel
03-12-2012, 10:22 AM
Picks are great. But do they know what to do with them? Prove it to me. Paul Brown's cheapness will come into play at some point.

strummerfan
03-12-2012, 10:30 AM

It doesn't mean anything. They still have to draft and develop the right players, avoid injuries etc..

coldrolled
03-12-2012, 10:51 AM
It doesn't mean anything. They still have to draft and develop the right players, avoid injuries etc..

Ok, that makes me feel better, so we can just sit back and pick up a few new draft picks, forget about FA as usual and we will keep winning... you sure?

LatrobePA
03-12-2012, 11:01 AM
Ok, that makes me feel better, so we can just sit back and pick up a few new draft picks, forget about FA as usual and we will keep winning... you sure?

I read this AM not to expect this team to do anything this FA season.. Also, if there is a crazy offer on the table for Wallace they won't even consider matching it...

Just one year I'd love to see them bring a couple players in worth a sh*t!

coldrolled
03-12-2012, 11:20 AM
I read this AM not to expect this team to do anything this FA season.. Also, if there is a crazy offer on the table for Wallace they won't even consider matching it...

Just one year I'd love to see them bring a couple players in worth a sh*t!

i hope the bears at least try for wallace. i would rather keep him, but if he had to go it would be ok for the bears to get him, why would they take a chance on drafting the 3rd best WR at #19 when they can get wallace..

if the bengals play it smart... the afcn will be a battle ground... 9-7 might be the afcn champ like the giants last year.

strummerfan
03-12-2012, 11:23 AM

We were 12-4 the last two seasons despite major injuries issues. There are no guarantees in life, but the Steelers are in a good place moving forward. Barring injury on offense we need a solid guard or two and we should see significant improvement. On defense depending how Mclendon and Foote/ Sly play we should be very solid as well. The sky is not falling.

coldrolled
03-12-2012, 12:15 PM
We were 12-4 the last two seasons despite major injuries issues. There are no guarantees in life, but the Steelers are in a good place moving forward. Barring injury on offense we need a solid guard or two and we should see significant improvement. On defense depending how Mclendon and Foote/ Sly play we should be very solid as well. The sky is not falling.

the sky is not falling. but you named them already. if we sit idle in FA.. we need ???? ILB, NT, OG, OG, OT, S, K

It takes us three years for our draft picks to play?? We get one #1 who could play right away if hes a G ...

Real Deal Steel
03-12-2012, 12:36 PM
I see the Bengals being more likely then the Bears. Wallace doesn't fit what the Bears want in a WR right now. But if your the Bengals and you steal a prime weapon from one of your division rivals AND it upgrades your team too?

That's just too juicy to pass up.

Real Deal Steel
03-12-2012, 12:37 PM
the sky is not falling. but you named them already. if we sit idle in FA.. we need ???? ILB, NT, OG, OG, OT, S, K

It takes us three years for our draft picks to play?? We get one #1 who could play right away if hes a G ...

I hear ya. We need to make atleast ONE free agent move. I'd like it to be Grubbs. Upgrade our O-line and running game in a big way and it would hurt the Ravens BIG TIME!

cmerrifield
03-12-2012, 12:39 PM

Brown, Sanders, Hood, C. Allen, Pouncey, Gilbert, and Saunders all got significant playing time as rookies.

sent from my Evo using tapatalk

Number99
03-12-2012, 12:50 PM
Here's an odd but great stat. The Bengals have not had 2 straight winning seasons since 1976. Its kinda hard to see them as the team to beat in the AFCN.

coldrolled
03-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Brown, Sanders, Hood, C. Allen, Pouncey, Gilbert, and Saunders all got significant playing time as rookies.

sent from my Evo using tapatalk

I hope we can draft 5 starters this year and not use FA. that will help. Go Colbert...