PDA

View Full Version : St. Louis trades the #2

Nolrog
03-10-2012, 09:48 AM
Read on ESPN.com this morning that St. Louis agreed to trade the #2 pick in the draft for Washington's #1 this year (6th overall), their #2 this year (39th overall) and their #1s in 2013 and 2014. That's more than the draft value chart, but big time QBs tend to throw that out of whack (plus Snyder is a moron (in general))

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7668243/source-washington-redskins-acquire-no-2-overall-pick-st-louis-rams

BlitzburghRockCity
03-10-2012, 10:17 AM
At least RG III won't be in the AFC North now. I suspect the Browns will definitely make a big run at Matt Flynn from Green Bay now.

connecticutsteel
03-10-2012, 11:35 AM
That's gotta be right there with the herschel Walker trade or the ricky williams debacle

Nolrog
03-10-2012, 12:46 PM
That's gotta be right there with the herschel Walker trade or the ricky williams debacle

That's an interesting question. Out of curiosity, I went and looked those up:

Herschel Walker:
A total of 18 players/picks were involved in this trade including Dallas getting three #1s and three #2s and giving up Walker, two #3s, one #5 and one #10. This deal was known as "The Great Train Robbery" and was instrumental in Dallas' dynasty in the 90s.

Ricky Williams:
Redskins trade first-round selection (No.5) to Saints for first- (No.12), third-, fourth-, fifth-, sixth- and seventh-rounders in 1999, and first- and third-rounders in 2000.

I would argue that this trade (potentially) falls between those two, with the Walker trade more lopsided and the Willams a less lopsided, but they are both good comparisons. St. Louis did very well.

coldrolled
03-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Wow...... And Wallace isnt worth a First?

SteelCityKid5
03-10-2012, 04:44 PM
Thank God RGIII wont be in Cleveland. I wanted to root for this kid.

Nolrog
03-10-2012, 05:23 PM

Not with all the other (and better) receivers on the market right now. And WR don't command the same kind of premium as franchise QBs do.

Raleigh Steel
03-10-2012, 08:39 PM
definite roll of the dice for the skins. but this could, and probably will hurt the skins more than in the long run than if they didn't get RG3 at all.

we'll have to wait and see. but for now, SUCK IT CLEVELAND! HAHAHAHAHA

Real Deal Steel
03-10-2012, 09:31 PM
For a Franchise QB, that is the ONLY time you should over pay for a player. You have no shot in the NFL today without a playmaker at the QB position.

I don't think they gave too much because in reality, they swapped first round picks for this year, and then they give them next year and the year afterwards first round pick too. So they really are only giving up two # 1 picks.

connecticutsteel
03-10-2012, 10:00 PM
I works out better for the redskins<---(very racist team name) if they win the super bowl then it would be the 32nd pick next year .This deal is bad one and the league shouldn't approve it it is too lopsided but they will and the Rams will build the next mini dynasty.

NHSteeler
03-11-2012, 05:22 PM
At least RG III won't be in the AFC North now. I suspect the Browns will definitely make a big run at Matt Flynn from Green Bay now.

That's what I was thinking!

LevonKirkland99
03-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Redskins had to make a move in the QB position since Grossman and Beck were awful in 2011. Also the fans here wanted the Redskins org to draft a solid QB like years ago. Shanny is looking to try his luck with RG3 after he failed with McCnadbb, Grossman and Beck!

K Train
03-12-2012, 11:52 AM
rams can have wallace for that #6 pick :-)

Real Deal Steel
03-12-2012, 12:21 PM

Wallace IS worth a first round pick. And someone is going to sign him to an offer sheet. Who is better in free agency then Wallace? Vincent (drunk ***) Jackson? He's a quitter. The worse thing an athlete can do. Wallace has a lot less question marks then Jackson.

Real Deal Steel
03-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Browns are such losers. They could have had RGIII but them not being proactive cost them big time. They had waaay more artilery to get RGIII.

They just can't get it right. You study long, you study wrong!

Real Deal Steel
03-12-2012, 12:24 PM
rams can have wallace for that #6 pick :-)

This is my secret wish. Pleeeeeeeaaaaaassse. Rams. Step up.

K Train
03-12-2012, 12:40 PM
with 6 id take descastro, or dare i say trent richardson????? haha

coldrolled
03-12-2012, 01:42 PM
with 6 id take descastro, or dare i say trent richardson????? haha

i love these threads, i would go with Poe and Hightower. Then get a CB in FA - Carr, Then Sign a guard in round2
Slide one of our CB's to safety

K Train
03-12-2012, 02:15 PM
i think id go

1-6 David Decastro
1-24 Donta Hightower
2-24 Brandon Brooks
3- 24 Josh Chapman

You turn our biggest weakness into a monstrous strength and build a HOF caliber oline. Colon and Gilbert would look incredible with a Decastro-Pouncey-Brooks interior.

Hightower would fill the next biggest need at MLB and look studly next to timmons, in a 34 those would be the jumping off point for the prototype duo.

And get chapman, who played with hightower in a similar defense, you get a NT that did all the dirty work for the tide and got no credit. Chapman is one tough badass dlineman too

JollyRob68
03-12-2012, 02:23 PM
i think id go

1-6 David Decastro
1-24 Donta Hightower
2-24 Brandon Brooks
3- 24 Josh Chapman

You turn our biggest weakness into a monstrous strength and build a HOF caliber oline. Colon and Gilbert would look incredible with a Decastro-Pouncey-Brooks interior.

Hightower would fill the next biggest need at MLB and look studly next to timmons, in a 34 those would be the jumping off point for the prototype duo.

And get chapman, who played with hightower in a similar defense, you get a NT that did all the dirty work for the tide and got no credit. Chapman is one tough badass dlineman too

Man I Love The Way You Think. I Still think the Steelers should be pro active with Wallace and Try to do a sign & trade. The Rams have two second rounders as does Philly. With the Rams you get early second round picks.