PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Clark?

cmerrifield
03-09-2012, 05:49 PM
He was released today. He would be an interesting addition to the Steelers.

sent from my Evo using tapatalk

LatrobePA
03-09-2012, 05:58 PM
He'll be a J Lo Dolphin..

strummerfan
03-09-2012, 06:14 PM
No way. He will cost too much and he's been injured for the last few seasons.

SteelCurtain68
03-09-2012, 06:39 PM
The Dolphins are going to be filled with former Colts

Nolrog
03-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Are we gonna go thru this for every single guy that gets released?

The Steelers are not typically very active in the FA market and if they are, they are going to sign a guard, nose or ILB. Dallas Clark is a TE. TE is not a position of need.

strummerfan
03-09-2012, 07:33 PM

The Steelers are not typically very active in the FA market and if they are, they are going to sign a guard, nose or ILB. Dallas Clark is a TE. TE is not a position of need.

That's the way it seems.

JensK
03-09-2012, 07:50 PM

This has been the case for a long time, but I feel a change in the wind. Art is interfering much more, and I would not be surprised if he also decided that the team should go after a FA if they had any sort of cap-room to do so. However, as long as we don't have any cap-room to work with whatsoever, it most likely won't happen. Also, why go after Dallas Clark? Sure, he is a great player, but we have so many glaring needs on this team and TE is not one of them.

cmerrifield
03-09-2012, 07:53 PM

We have 2 TE's for the first 4 games, Johnson and Miller TE is a position of need.

And, nobody mentioned Addai, Jacobs, Brackett, Painter or Manning, so I guess not everybody.

Zachintosh66
03-09-2012, 08:02 PM
D.Clark is gonna follow P.Manning

LatrobePA
03-09-2012, 08:25 PM
This team will never ever sign a big name FA!!

SteelCityKid5
03-09-2012, 11:04 PM
i'll take Miller, Saunders and our draft pick over good ol Dallas Clark

jnes1216
03-10-2012, 12:02 AM
We have 2 TE's for the first 4 games, Johnson and Miller TE is a position of need.

And, nobody mentioned Addai, Jacobs, Brackett, Painter or Manning, so I guess not everybody.

Did you just mention Curtis Painter? and i already threw out my whitesnake jean jacket, damn.

Nolrog
03-10-2012, 08:36 AM

Not it's not. We have Miller as the starter. Saunders is only suspended for the first 4 games, and besides, he had a total of 4 receptions last year. We can live without him for the first couple games.

You don't think there will be a Brandon Jacobs thread or Joseph Addai? There's already a Jacobs thread on another Steeler site I read. As for Manning and Painter, that's just silly. We're in no way in the market for a QB, so why would anyone mention them?

BlitzburghRockCity
03-10-2012, 09:24 AM
If Heath Miller wasn't on the roster then I'd say TE is definitely a position of need. Nobody is going to give serious consideration to David Johnson so if they want him around they'll be able to keep him/bring him back. Jamie McCoy is also on the roster and can do the job that Johnson does so it's not as if they have nobody to start next September. From what Bouchette tweeted out the other day, they are actually pretty pleased with McCoy so I wouldn't be surprised if Johnson isn't brought back at all or released in training camp.

Dallas Clark will want way too much money and if Manning goes to the Colts then both he and Reggie Wayne will be there too.

cmerrifield
03-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Not it's not. We have Miller as the starter. Saunders is only suspended for the first 4 games, and besides, he had a total of 4 receptions last year. We can live without him for the first couple games.

You don't think there will be a Brandon Jacobs thread or Joseph Addai? There's already a Jacobs thread on another Steeler site I read. As for Manning and Painter, that's just silly. We're in no way in the market for a QB, so why would anyone mention them?

You said "are we gonna go through this for every single player released?" I was merely pointing out not every single player and we only have Ben and Smith as QB's on the roster, so Painter could be a possibility.

And yes, no team has ever gone to the super bowl with 2 great receiving TE's, ever. Oh wait, maybe once.

steelcityrockers
03-10-2012, 11:09 AM
You said "are we gonna go through this for every single player released?" I was merely pointing out not every single player and we only have Ben and Smith as QB's on the roster, so Painter could be a possibility.

I can only assume that he was using hyperbole, and that was not meant to be taken literally.

Nolrog
03-10-2012, 11:47 AM
If Heath Miller wasn't on the roster then I'd say TE is definitely a position of need.

No question about it. But having a good TE already allows us to focus on other areas. Wouldn't be surprised to see one late in the draft, or middle rounds next year though.

Nolrog
03-10-2012, 11:48 AM
And yes, no team has ever gone to the super bowl with 2 great receiving TE's, ever. Oh wait, maybe once.

And how did they fare in that SB? Maybe if they had one great TE and a great LB or CB they'd have won it.

cmerrifield
03-10-2012, 11:55 AM
And how did they fare in that SB? Maybe if they had one great TE and a great LB or CB they'd have won it.

Or a healthy TE. Gronk healthy=SB champs.

SnakeEyes43
03-10-2012, 01:23 PM
This team will never ever sign a big name FA!!

Deuce Staley...but we all know how that turned out.