PDA

View Full Version : Sans Bruce Arians speculation

Stone
03-09-2012, 01:38 PM
It's the off season and while there are a lot of things going on (Manning, Bountygate, cuts, etc.) maybe we need to do some good old fashioned speculating in a thread devoted solely to that purpose.

Just how many players did BA hold back?

Who do you see in a new light, now that BA is gone?

I see Heath rising, better use of wide receivers, better use of Ben, and possibly better use of Mandy/Redman...........anything else?

LatrobePA
03-09-2012, 01:43 PM
Some people have us drafting Lucks old TE in the first, could that mean we use more passes to TE's??

coldrolled
03-09-2012, 01:47 PM
Some people have us drafting Lucks old TE in the first, could that mean we use more passes to TE's??

This one is better, Georgias and Drinking ties. Fits right in.,..

Georgia tight end Orson Charles -- currently NFL Network draft expert Mike Mayock's top-ranked tight end prospect in April's draft -- was arrested in Athens, Ga., and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol early Friday, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Charles was released on $1,750 bond an hour after he was booked at 4:30 a.m. Friday, according to the Journal-Constitution, and was arrested by Athens-Clarke County police.

Charles had 45 receptions for 574 yards with five touchdowns in 2011, his junior season with the Bulldogs. Charles earned All-SEC recognition in his final season at Georgia and finished his career with 10 total touchdowns.

Raleigh Steel
03-09-2012, 01:48 PM
Just how many players did BA hold back? all 53. the offensive players didn't get better and the defense was too tired from trying to keep this offensive league under 20 points to win games.

Who do you see in a new light, now that BA is gone? i see the offense getting more production and being more balanced. i see the o-line looking a lot better, i see the more points being scored and the defense being more rested and having less pressure on them.

I see Heath rising, better use of wide receivers, better use of Ben, and possibly better use of Mandy/Redman...........anything else?

i see these things as well

coldrolled
03-09-2012, 01:50 PM
It's the off season and while there are a lot of things going on (Manning, Bountygate, cuts, etc.) maybe we need to do some good old fashioned speculating in a thread devoted solely to that purpose.

Just how many players did BA hold back?

Who do you see in a new light, now that BA is gone?

OL for long drawn plays.

Clay or any FB

Dwyers/ Redman now Mendy before with few catches out in the flat.

LatrobePA
03-09-2012, 02:05 PM
BA f'd the whole system up and had Tomlin and Ben drinking the Kool Aid!!

Real Deal Steel
03-09-2012, 02:19 PM
BA held back the whole offense in it's entirty. I expect a better passing game with some timing plays, which is going to help open up the running game.

With the ball out of Ben's hands more, this will help Ben remain healthy the entire season and keep our offense on the field so we can dominate time of possession.

Dominating the time of possession will allow our defense to rest and scheme properly for when they are on the field.

SnakeEyes43
03-09-2012, 02:50 PM
I agree, the sky is literally the limit for this group.

SteelCityKid5
03-09-2012, 05:25 PM
I agree, the sky is literally the limit for this group. You sound like Ben haha

Ibleedblk&gld
03-09-2012, 05:55 PM
who is Bruce Arians?

coldrolled
03-09-2012, 06:39 PM
who is Bruce Arians?

Andrew Luck's grim reaper.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Its BA's fault for global warming and our country's economic woes the last few years.....Just blame BA for everything....lol I don't see Miller all of sudden becoming a Gates, Clark, or a Gronk since Miller isn't on their level....Miller is a solid TE but nothing special........Miller did set a career high in catches with 70+ back in 2009 with BA as OC............

BlitzburghRockCity
03-09-2012, 10:09 PM
We were all saying that the sky was the limit for the offense heading into 2011 too and that didn't work out quite as well as we hoped. Ben did throw for over 4,000 yds and we had 2 1,000 yd receivers so it's not as if they couldn't do anything. It was the situational football that killed them; redzone was a huge one.

I expect to see them work hard on the redzone offense this offseason and in training camp; just think back to how many points were potentially left on the board by having to kick FG's all the time.

LatrobePA
03-09-2012, 11:29 PM
Ben sucked *** toward the end of last season, how many deep balls were overthrown? Tons! BA is only part of the reason this offense stunk!

jnes1216
03-09-2012, 11:35 PM
who is Bruce Arians?

dont get me started.

Goodfrom55
03-10-2012, 12:03 AM
Hopefully being less predictable and less bombs downfield. Steelers have a speedy WR core. They need to catch the ball in space and get some YAC. Once in a while, launch one, but more balance and better playcalling in the red zone would be nice.

Mean Linebacker
03-10-2012, 04:14 PM
If I never see another slow developing run play again it'll be too soon. No more delayed draws inside our own 20 yd. line. No more predictable red zone play calling. I think I'll faint dead away if the steelers actually use something like a Tackle eligible or look for Heath in the back of the end zone more than twice a year.

Real Deal Steel
03-10-2012, 09:34 PM
We were all saying that the sky was the limit for the offense heading into 2011 too and that didn't work out quite as well as we hoped. Ben did throw for over 4,000 yds and we had 2 1,000 yd receivers so it's not as if they couldn't do anything. It was the situational football that killed them; redzone was a huge one.

I expect to see them work hard on the redzone offense this offseason and in training camp; just think back to how many points were potentially left on the board by having to kick FG's all the time.

We were beset by injuries too. That proved to be the deathblow for us.

Real Deal Steel
03-10-2012, 09:36 PM
Bruce Arians is our double agent. Right now he's on a mission to destroy the Colts new franchise QB in the same fashion he destroyed the Browns franchise QB Tim Couch.

Good luck and Gods speed to you Bruce.

steelspikes
03-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Arians was pathetic with his predictable 1rst down bubble screens, 2nd down stretch runs, and desperate 3rd down heaves downfield looking for an easy score. He had no system other than the "sandlot strategy," if you could call it one. So glad he is now the Colts' problem.

No doubt the player most held back by B.A. was Ben; he's not yet developed into a mature QB with a disciplined, timing-based passing attack. This is Haley's biggest challenge: to see if he can install a system capable of scoring with the elite offenses of the NFL (27-32 ppg.). Stillers were mired in that 20-24 point range under B.A. It's why he's gone.

OldSchool58
03-12-2012, 08:18 AM
Its BA's fault for global warming and our country's economic woes the last few years.................

Very true. Scientists have proven that cow turds have added to the green house gasses effect, so the addition of BA's bullshit play calling probably pushed us over the edge. Plus, when investors see an historic franchise like the Steelers going down the crapper week after week it naturally had a negative effect on the country as a whole. I'm glad someone else noticed this.

coldrolled
03-12-2012, 09:24 AM
Bruce Arians is our double agent. Right now he's on a mission to destroy the Colts new franchise QB in the same fashion he destroyed the Browns franchise QB Tim Couch.

Good luck and Gods speed to you Bruce.

the only reason Ben is standing is because he is an armored truck at 245

Couch, Dixon, Batch, Leftwich, and smaller framed QB or slower are dead with BA. BA needs the Ben, Freeman, John Skelton type QB that can take his play calling.

i hope we play BA on a monday night this year.