PDA

View Full Version : Plax: Big Ben my favorite QB:

LatrobePA
03-06-2012, 07:06 PM
Plax is a big fan!

Steelers on Burress' wish list; WR calls Big Ben 'my favorite' QB

March 06, 2012 at 4:23 PM ET

Plaxico Burress is set to hit the free-agent market, and the 34-year-old receiver isn't shy about what teams he'd like to play for next season. Whether any of those teams will come calling, however, is a completely different conversation.

Burress has morphed into a virtual one-man Radio Row of late, telling anyone who will listen that the Eagles are an ideal fit for his services. He won't exclude the Jets or Giants as possibilities, and, on Tuesday, he added another team to his list:

The Pittsburgh Steelers , where he starred from 2000 to 2004.

Plax gushed over Ben Roethlisberger , telling SiriusXM Blitz that the Steelers quarterback is the closest you'll get to John Elway in today's NFL.

"Ben Roethlisberger has always been my favorite quarterback," Burress said . "People can say what they want to about him, but the guy just goes out and wins. And he's been that way since he came to Pittsburgh in 2004."

It wasn't intended as a rip on Eli Manning , and Burress remains open to taking his magic back to the Giants .

"It's always a great possibility," he said . "... Playing in (offensive coordinator) Kevin Gilbride's system is definitely one of the best, and you just see the production that those guys are having at the wide receiver position. ... and Eli has really just become a man (at) his position."

We've heard a lot from Burress this offseason, but it remains to be seen if he'll generate tangible interest from an NFL team, much less from one of those on his wish list.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Can't blame the guy for peddling his services to anyone that will listen, he doesn't have many years left so why not. He's right, Ben is the modern day John Elway there's no doubt about it. I wouldn't think the Steelers will give him the time of day but stranger things have happened.

Real Deal Steel
03-06-2012, 10:46 PM
When you hear Plaxico talk, you are listening to the babalings of a desperate man. He's praising ANY potential team because he senses that no one may want his services. He looked like he was running in sand last year. Go look at any Jets game. I went and looked and he had little to nothing left.

He's done.

steelersbabex25
03-07-2012, 01:37 AM
Plaxico has been and always will be a sore subject for me. You decided to leave, we don't want you back.

SnakeEyes43
03-07-2012, 07:50 AM
Uhhh, thanks but no thanks Plax. Go make a big catch and spike the ball again somewhere else (okay that's going back a little bit, but it's something I'll always remember about the guy).

Number99
03-07-2012, 09:10 AM
The only places Plax will appear in Black and Gold are youtube and EA sports. Eagles green fits him. Because most Steeler fans are sick of him.

LatrobePA
03-07-2012, 10:03 AM
I don't like Plax, but lets say Wallace leaves, would this team even consider him back??

Real Deal Steel
03-07-2012, 10:20 AM
No. We can get a big body WR late in the draft. One that will shut his mouth, and know his role.

LarryNJ
03-07-2012, 11:18 AM
When you hear Plaxico talk, you are listening to the babalings of a desperate man. He's praising ANY potential team because he senses that no one may want his services.

Spot on!

K Train
03-07-2012, 11:41 AM
hes trying to sell himself to potential buyers, i dont see anything wrong with it. honestly i wouldnt mind at all if they brought him back for a season. people bitch about cutting ward but wouldnt bring in plax, it makes zero sense

Ibleedblk&gld
03-07-2012, 12:10 PM
When you hear Plaxico talk, you are listening to the babalings of a desperate man. He's praising ANY potential team because he senses that no one may want his services. He looked like he was running in sand last year. Go look at any Jets game. I went and looked and he had little to nothing left.

He's done.

I take that back (edit)...he was just about AS productive as holmes last season

Real Deal Steel
03-07-2012, 12:11 PM
Because Plax brings nothing to the party anymore. Did you see him play last year? He has no type of seperation whatsoever and he runs like his feet are in glue! He's done as a player.

He's not trying to sell himself. If he had anything left, last season's tapes could do that. He's begging someone, ANYONE to please pick me up because he KNOWS he doesn't have it and it's on tape to prove it.

Real Deal Steel
03-07-2012, 12:12 PM
He was more productive than Holmes in 2011...

TD wise..yeah. Because he's a big target in the redzone. But overall, he isn't in Holmes zip code. Not anymore.

Someone will work him out and then you'll see. He doesn't have it anymore.

K Train
03-07-2012, 12:14 PM
he did fine last year, and scored quite a few TDs which is really his best assett at this point. He can separate, dont let mark sanchez let you believe hes anything more than king of the painfully average QB club

Real Deal Steel
03-07-2012, 12:16 PM
Sanchez did stink up the joint last year. Your so right about that.

Well, Plax is going to get a workout from someone and when he does, I think their going to see what I saw from him last year. Nothing but an old WR whose game was left in prison someplace.

Ibleedblk&gld
03-07-2012, 12:32 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/stats/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

RECEIVING
NAME REC TAR YDS AVG TD LONG 20+ YDS/G FUM FUML YAC
Santonio Holmes 51 102 654 12.8 8 38 8 40.9 2 1 193
Plaxico Burress 45 97 612 13.6 8 30 6 38.3 0 0 161

dammit, I spaced it all but it's coming in all jacked up

Real Deal Steel
03-07-2012, 12:49 PM
If Holmes number are similar to Plaxico's then it just goes to show you how bad Sanchez really is. Because Holmes can still play. And Sanchez wasn't getting him the ball the second half of the season which is why Holmes checked out on him.

But those numbers are not a testiment favoring Plaxico. There more a testiment against him. Because those are super down numbers for Holmes because Sanchez was so bad.

But you'll see...Plaxico's suiters will be few. If any. Because he's done. IMO

Speeed
03-07-2012, 01:01 PM
If he keeps running his mouth he is going to shoot himself in the foot.

LatrobePA
03-07-2012, 01:13 PM
If he keeps running his mouth he is going to shoot himself in the foot.

Or leg ruining a perfectly good pair of sweat pants!

Danger DANJ
03-10-2012, 01:45 PM
As much as I love Hines, I have to agree with K Train... Why does everyone want Hines back when he is basically done but wouldn't give Plax a chance as a #3 or 4 WR for a decent price? Forget the past. This is a business. Plax is still faster now than Hines ever was. With a QB like Sanchez, a lot of good WR's will look mediocre or worse. Can you imagine Ben scrambling in the red zone and having someone like Plax to throw the ball to?

I say for the right price, bring him in!