PDA

View Full Version : post combine 5 round mock with comp picks and the wallace pick added

connecticutsteel
03-06-2012, 08:16 AM
ROUND 1 PICK #24 Don'ta Hightower ILB/alt Cordy Glenn OL

ROUND 1 PICK #30 FROM THE PATRIOTS FOR MIKE WALLACE Jared Crick DE/altJuron criner WR

ROUND 2 PICK #56 Josh Chapman NT/alt Amini Silatolu OG/RT

ROUND 3 PICK #87 George iloka FS/ALT Isaiah pead RB

ROUND 4 PICK #119 Akiem Hicks NT/DT/ALT/Lavonte David LB

ROUND 5 PICK # 151 Brandon LindseyDE/OLB/ALT

Zachintosh66
03-06-2012, 02:00 PM
ROUND 1 PICK #24 BPA

ROUND 2 PICK #56 BPA

ROUND 3 PICK #87 BPA

ROUND 4 PICK #119 BPA

ROUND 5 PICK # 151 BPA

:lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-06-2012, 02:06 PM
How much does your mock change if we don't get the extra pick for Wallace?

connecticutsteel
03-06-2012, 08:13 PM
How much does your mock change if we don't get the extra pick for Wallace?

It doesn't we still take HIGHTOWER OR GLENN you can just eliminate crick and criner i nnwas gonna do 7 rounds with the 3 seventh rd picks we get but i don't no the order and i didn't have time

coach
03-07-2012, 01:55 PM
ROUND 1 PICK #24 Don'ta Hightower ILB/alt Cordy Glenn OL

ROUND 1 PICK #30 FROM THE PATRIOTS FOR MIKE WALLACE Jared Crick DE/altJuron criner WR

ROUND 2 PICK #56 Josh Chapman NT/alt Amini Silatolu OG/RT

ROUND 3 PICK #87 George iloka FS/ALT Isaiah pead RB

ROUND 4 PICK #119 Akiem Hicks NT/DT/ALT/Lavonte David LB

ROUND 5 PICK # 151 Brandon LindseyDE/OLB/ALT

Chapman in second? Thoughts on Alameda Tu'amu or Hebron Fangupo in second or later?

MDSteel15
03-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Hebron Fangupo will go later than 2nd... Alameda in 2nd if he's still there!

strummerfan
03-07-2012, 02:35 PM
You completely ignored one of our greatest needs.

K Train
03-07-2012, 02:37 PM
i have a feeling one of the 3 biggest needs (G, MLB, NT) is not going to be adaquately addressed during the draft. you cant just take a guard cause you need a guard, thats how you get kraig urbik

strummerfan
03-07-2012, 02:40 PM
i have a feeling one of the 3 biggest needs (G, MLB, NT) is not going to be adaquately addressed during the draft. you cant just take a guard cause you need a guard, thats how you get kraig urbik

YOu mean a starting rg

JollyRob68
03-07-2012, 03:14 PM

The funniest thing is that Kraig Urbik did a great Job in Buffalo. Lance Zierlein said that Urbik is better than Foster but Foster had more confidence. I think Urbik found his confidence and was rated the 4th or 5th best guard available. Do the Steelers bring him back now?

K Train
03-07-2012, 03:19 PM
absolutely not, hes the "4th or 5th" best FA guard i guess, but he still blows. No thanks, i saw him play a few times in buffalo, hes starting because they have no one else

connecticutsteel
03-10-2012, 01:49 PM
You completely ignored one of our greatest needs.

and what is that?

I'll take foster any day over urbik

JollyRob68
03-10-2012, 03:50 PM
and what is that?

I'll take foster any day over urbik
Yeah, I have no issue with Foster. He reminds me of the way the coaches always treated Starks. For some reason they dont like them but they always get the job done.
I'd tender Foster a 2nd and risk losing Legurski with an original tender. I dont see anyone going after Legurski with his recovering shoulder.

connecticutsteel
03-10-2012, 09:54 PM
I still don't know what great need i missed?

BlitzburghRockCity
03-11-2012, 12:48 PM
Chapman in second? Thoughts on Alameda Tu'amu or Hebron Fangupo in second or later?

Since Poe is all but out of the picture I would LOVE to see them get Ta'amu in the 2nd round. He should be there in that round but I don't know about falling to the Steelers at pick 56 overall.

JollyRob68
03-12-2012, 02:17 PM
Since Poe is all but out of the picture I would LOVE to see them get Ta'amu in the 2nd round. He should be there in that round but I don't know about falling to the Steelers at pick 56 overall.

Would Chapman be there in the 3rd because of his ACL?

K Train
03-12-2012, 02:22 PM
probably, hes not gonna be able to work out until the summer, but thats really the only time we need him to work out....his game tape is enough to draft him in 3 imo

connecticutsteel
03-12-2012, 04:05 PM
I really don't think Poe is out of reach but will not be a steeler. a ton of scouts have watched his film and are concerned about much of it the question isn't is he gonna be astar but when will he be a star any team that has aneed may not pick him cause many feel he's too raw to start and do they want to waste a top 10 pick who won't be ready for a least a full year. he is perfect for us cause we don't start rookies very often.However it is still doubtful that the steelers could trade up highenough to get him unless Wallace went to Carolina or Tampa . tAMPA IS PROJECTED TO TAKE HIM

K Train
03-12-2012, 04:25 PM
I really don't think Poe is out of reach but will not be a steeler. a ton of scouts have watched his film and are concerned about much of it the question isn't is he gonna be astar but when will he be a star any team that has aneed may not pick him cause many feel he's too raw to start and do they want to waste a top 10 pick who won't be ready for a least a full year. he is perfect for us cause we don't start rookies very often.However it is still doubtful that the steelers could trade up highenough to get him unless Wallace went to Carolina or Tampa . tAMPA IS PROJECTED TO TAKE HIM

the memphis d-coordinator had a good point, while his tape isnt stellar and it doesnt really translate to his incredible workout numbers, their scheme really didnt allow him to.

That Memphis team he played on was pretty bad though. It's not like he had a lot of help.

I mean, they finished 2-10 in Conference USA, that has more to do with 21 other starters than it does to Poe. You have to keep in mind that Memphis was among the least talented teams in FBS football last year, and the "guy plugs up the middle allowing others to make plays" concept only works when there are people capable of making plays other than the guy who plugs up the middle.

I think Poe was the only guy who was capable of getting pressure from anywhere, so they put him in the place where he can get the most pressure. He may not have the best technique, or use of hands, or leverage but that all can be taught. Hes not a traditional NT, he would be INCREDIBLE at DE for us though, and could play a lot of NT/DT too, hes that versatile. If you watch any tape on him at all, you dont see a standout DT like Suh, but Ngata had some of the same questions around him and he turned out ok. Imo he will be a MUCH better pro than college player, that really has to do with him choosing his hometown team over some bigger schools that would have tightened up his game. hes definitely gonna warrant a top 10 selection consideration, i have him as 5 overall and i could see some teams having him as their 3rd overall prospect in some cases. Definitely a better prospect than BJ Raji imo, and he went 9

coach
03-12-2012, 10:00 PM

I think some teams said that about JPP, too. Who had DHB projected to go to Oakland? Who figured Denver would trade back into the first round to grab Tebow? He might not be in top 10 but I gave up hoping for him to be around for us after the combine.

connecticutsteel
03-12-2012, 11:10 PM
I AGREE HE WILL BE A GREAT PRO i don't agree with the people who are doubting him i'm glad people are doubting him that means if colbert wants him we can probably get high enough to get him free agency will determine a lot i'm holding adistant hope we can get him . check the threads i've been saying poe is the real deal since last year