PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think we need a Punter?

BlackGold4vr
01-24-2007, 09:55 PM
There is a guy at senior week named Daniel Sepulveda who is considered the best punter in the draft. He consistently has been booming punts of 50+ yards and hang times approaching 5 seconds. As an added bonus the scouts say he is built like a linebacker 6'2 225 lbs. lean and muscular! I don't much care about Gardocki's claim to fame of never being blocked. He is a big reason our punt coverage has not been so good. Short punts with low hang times = big returns. Nobody usually drafts punters in the first few rounds. Would love to see this guy in black and gold helping our defense out by pinning teams deep on punts!

:tt02:

K Train
01-24-2007, 09:57 PM
i want the best one in the 3rd round lol, we cut our 3rd-7th rounders anyway lol

Koopa
01-24-2007, 10:13 PM
well we kept our 3rd rounders the last couple of years i thought lol

i wouldn't mind drafting the best punter in the 4th round, but i'm sure they are gonna try to keep barr since he's probably cheaper

BlitzburghRockCity
01-24-2007, 10:29 PM
Barr is back in camp and he was a beast last year, clearly out performing Gardocki so I'd like to see him do well again and take the job. He had great hang time and was really working out well in directional kicking too.

Koopa
01-24-2007, 10:31 PM
looking at his europe stats someone posted, he's just a younger version of what we have now...........

BlitzburghRockCity
01-24-2007, 10:33 PM
Gardocki is still a helluva directional kicker he just has no leg left for the long stuff. If Barr is a younger, stronger version of Gardocki I'll take that !

K Train
01-24-2007, 10:33 PM
**** barr this guy is a beast and he hits like a truck...hes the kind of punter you can build a franchise around

Koopa
01-24-2007, 10:36 PM
Gardocki is still a helluva directional kicker he just has no leg left for the long stuff. If Barr is a younger, stronger version of Gardocki I'll take that !

no one said anything about stronger lol........look at his nfl europe stats, he's not very impressive, we'd be better off letting ben kick punts like a did a few times in college lol........i'd rather draft someone in the 4th round, it's not like we ever keep our 4th rounders anyway so it won't be a reach..........

Black@Gold Forever32
01-24-2007, 10:36 PM
The Raiders have the best punter in the NFL and it does them alot of good.lol

I agree the Steelers need to ditch Gardocki. But lets not spend to high of a pick on a punter.

Koopa
01-24-2007, 10:42 PM
The Raiders have the best punter in the NFL and it does them alot of good.lol

I agree the Steelers need to ditch Gardocki. But lets not spend to high of a pick on a punter.

yeah lets spend the 4th rounder on someone that we'll cut as usual......lol..........if you want to get good use out of your pick you should draft an actual need, and a punter is an actual need

BlitzburghRockCity
01-24-2007, 10:43 PM
no one said anything about stronger lol........look at his nfl europe stats, he's not very impressive, we'd be better off letting ben kick punts like a did a few times in college lol........i'd rather draft someone in the 4th round, it's not like we ever keep our 4th rounders anyway so it won't be a reach..........

I think if BC were here I'd tend to agree with you more based on previous drafting experience, but with Tomlin here now things could change. We still have Colbert who's the director of operations but Tomlin will have some major influence as to who we pick and how we decide when to try and get them. I'd still not rather spend a 4th round pick on a punter because they are a dime a dozen in the draft and rookie FA's after the draft.

I thought about taking a punter before we talked about this, higher in the draft but now Im not so sure.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-24-2007, 10:46 PM
yeah lets spend the 4th rounder on someone that we'll cut as usual......lol..........if you want to get good use out of your pick you should draft an actual need, and a punter is an actual need

You still can get alot of good football players in the 4th round. Hopefully Colbert with Tomlin now as HC will stop wasting picks.

I agree the Steelers 4th round picks have sucked lately. But this year I'm hoping they have a great draft and don't waste any picks. Look around the NFL some of the best punters in the NFL were not even drafted. Thats all I'm saying you can find a good punter without even drafting one.

Koopa
01-24-2007, 10:47 PM
yeah, i forgot we don't have cowher just picking **** out of his ***, i'm still trying to adjust to what the steelers will be without cowher holding us back lol.........

BlitzburghRockCity
01-24-2007, 10:50 PM
We're used to only having our top 3 draft picks make the team anymore the last few years that we don't know how to act with a new guy at the helm :lol:

K Train
01-24-2007, 10:54 PM
all i know is we need our franchise punter...then our roster will be complete....a new kicker would be good too...no wait, a beastly punter/kicker/OLB that has a beast of a leg and hits like a frieght train who can throw a pass on trick plays and lead our team to the 6th ring....thats the guy i want lol

SteelerNation
01-25-2007, 12:25 AM
DIDENT I MAKE THIS THERD ALRDY BUT O WELL

I SAID WHAT WOULD YOU DO AS A HC OF THE STEEERS AND 1 THINK I WOULD DO IS GET A NEW PUNTER. WE DO NOT NEED A KICKER JUST PUNTER ON THAT..

1. MORE ACC/POW.. ARE CURRENT PUNTER IS OK HE IS AVG WE NEED A HIGHLY RATED AND OVER PAYED PUNTED LOL LIKE WE DONT HAVE THE CAP ROOM ALREADY. BUT NONE OF THE LESS..

THIS IS A DUMM TOPIC LETS TALK ABOUT ARE FIELD OR SOMETHING WE NEED DAMN TURF ALRDY. JEEZ :D

Koopa
01-25-2007, 12:42 AM
yeah you made this thread........and i think k-train made it before you.........he's a new member here, new members will make new threads lol...........

AZ_Steeler
01-25-2007, 01:00 AM
**** barr this guy is a beast and he hits like a truck...hes the kind of punter you can build a franchise around

I've heard it all now!!! :lol: Building a franchise around a punter!!! :lol:

K Train
01-25-2007, 01:42 AM
I've heard it all now!!! :lol: Building a franchise around a punter!!! :lol:

what! you never heard of drafting a franchise punter :lol:

Steelersfan
01-25-2007, 01:45 AM
Didn't the Raiders try that with a certain kicker?.....lol

K Train
01-25-2007, 01:49 AM
he was a freak though...wtf was his name?

Steelersfan
01-25-2007, 01:52 AM
Sebastian Janikowski

K Train
01-25-2007, 01:54 AM
thats it

K Train
03-12-2007, 10:30 PM
There is a guy at senior week named Daniel Sepulveda who is considered the best punter in the draft. He consistently has been booming punts of 50+ yards and hang times approaching 5 seconds. As an added bonus the scouts say he is built like a linebacker 6'2 225 lbs. lean and muscular! I don't much care about Gardocki's claim to fame of never being blocked. He is a big reason our punt coverage has not been so good. Short punts with low hang times = big returns. Nobody usually drafts punters in the first few rounds. Would love to see this guy in black and gold helping our defense out by pinning teams deep on punts!

:tt02:

just bumping this up lol

TEEMONT
03-13-2007, 12:14 AM
Whether we draft one or not....we need to get rid of Gardocki.....Ole boy Sepulveda ( I dont think I ever spell his name right) would look ok in Black and Gold, IMO. I have my doubts they draf thim though.

K Train
03-13-2007, 12:29 AM
i dunno, we might draft him, its obvious we are making an effort to get a new guy and get ******** out of there, SF took lee from us and we have to realize how good this guy is, not many teams can have a punter that high on there list....so hopefully we arent stuck with barr next year....and theres always Adam Podlesh but hes a bitch compared to sepulveda lol

Koopa
03-13-2007, 01:44 AM
we could also get that dude from maryland lol

BlitzburghRockCity
03-13-2007, 01:46 AM
Ktrain is so far up this punters jock that if we don't draft him he'll go on a rampage :lol:

K Train
03-13-2007, 01:51 AM
:smh2: i guess you dont know a superstar when you see one lol...he lit up the sky at the senior bowl lol

BlitzburghRockCity
03-13-2007, 01:52 AM
Hey man, whatever floats your boat :lol:

Really though, for me as long as Gardocki is gone that's the main thing. The dude has got to go. If we got your boy in the draft I certainly wouldnt be pissed off, well that is unless we drafted him in the first round :lol: