PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Roster with Salary Cap Values

thenatureof
03-02-2012, 08:57 PM
With all the activity over the last couple weeks, for anyone interested in the Steelers current roster with salary cap values in spreadsheet format see:

http://steelersspreadsheet.wordpress.com/

After this week's roster cuts, the team appears to have room now to sign Wallace with a 1st round RFA tender, and tender the balance of their restricted players and still be under the March 13 cap.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Nice done, if you keep it updated with the latest happenings it'll be a good reference point.

thenatureof
03-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Nice done, if you keep it updated with the latest happenings it'll be a good reference point.

Thanks, appreciate the feedback. Will be keeping it updated daily.

JollyRob68
03-02-2012, 11:21 PM
Thanks for doing the work. FA I'd resign. Cotchery,Gay and Essex, tell Batch to come to camp.

Nolrog
03-03-2012, 06:45 AM
Very nice. Thanks.

Although you show we're under the cap by some 17.6 million, I don't think that's really the amount of free money. That only counts 32 players; we still need 21 more to get to roster. So assuming 5 million for draft picks, and 500K or so for each of the other 21 players (which is a very low estimate) that would be some 15.5 million out of that free money committed, and that doesn't even count Wallace, who'll earn far more than 500K. So there's still work to do.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-03-2012, 11:25 AM
Right now from what I have figured out and read, the Steelers are about $11 million under total before they start tendering their RFA's. So assuming that amount is true, a good portion of that will get eaten up by that alone and you still want to sign your rookies an maybe grab a free agent or two.

Nolrog
03-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Right now from what I have figured out and read, the Steelers are about $11 million under total before they start tendering their RFA's.

That sounds about right BRC. That should be the amount free after accounting for our draft picks. Wallace will eat up half if not more of that, and we have other FAs to sign (and the cap number in the spreadsheet isn't all 53 players.) It looks like a lot but there's really no free money to go after other FAs. There will be, once they cut Hampton and maybe Foote (that's about another 10 free), but until then, there won't be much new blood coming in, other than the draft.

Real Deal Steel
03-03-2012, 10:13 PM
I think we still need to make a couple more big cuts. Hampton isn't worth his figure for starters. Get that 6 mil from Hampton then we will be really looking good. And then I think we need to find another 5 mil atleast for one free agent signing. If not two.

Nolrog
03-04-2012, 08:57 AM
I think we still need to make a couple more big cuts. Hampton isn't worth his figure for starters. Get that 6 mil from Hampton then we will be really looking good.

If they cut Hampton, they'll be able to sign a pretty good player with that 6 million and fill one of those significant needs.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-04-2012, 09:09 PM
I think they are keeping guys like Hampton and Polamalu in their back pocket should they need to free up additional money after they send out their tenders to the RFA's. If they offer all of them they'll have burned up all the cap money they just freed with all those cuts. Having more available to them just makes sense for the time being.

coldrolled
03-04-2012, 09:17 PM
I think they are keeping guys like Hampton and Polamalu in their back pocket should they need to free up additional money after they send out their tenders to the RFA's. If they offer all of them they'll have burned up all the cap money they just freed with all those cuts. Having more available to them just makes sense for the time being.

Sounds like Wallace is histroy on the first bite.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-05-2012, 12:26 AM
They'll use some of that 10-11 million to tender Wallace but I agree should someone offer him a boat load of money they'll have to do some quick restructuring to free up that money. Or they may just end up holding off on some of the tenders for the time being.