PDA

View Full Version : Likely landing spot for Hines Ward

BlitzburghRockCity
02-29-2012, 08:29 PM
Now that Ward has learned that he will be released and also issued a statement including the fact that he wants to play in the NFL next season, where is the most likely landing spot for him?

I would have to think it's with a team that's going to be a contender for the Super Bowl. He's only got a couple years left most likely so going to a young team still a few years away from serious contention wouldn't make sense if I were him. He doesn't need to money so every chance from here on out is to win more championships. A team with an established Quarterback and a good offense, so immediately my first guess is New England. They love picking up players like Ward and bringing them a long for a Super Bowl run. He wouldn't have to be the primary target there but could be another safety valve for Brady.

I would have said the Colts if Manning were still there.

Another one might New Orleans or possibly the Falcons. Both teams have good receivers, good running backs, and top QB's and each figures to be in the playoffs again.

Raleigh Steel
02-29-2012, 08:37 PM
he'll end up where all former steelers end up...with the arizburgh steeldinals...:lol:

chisteeler
02-29-2012, 08:40 PM
Just for a goof, I'm going to predict the Bears

acero
02-29-2012, 08:49 PM
the bears, the cards, the raiders....

coldrolled
02-29-2012, 08:51 PM
the bears, the cards, the raiders....

i was thinking the Bears pick up Wallace. Ward needs to take a year off, we hire him back as WR coach.

CowherPower
02-29-2012, 09:07 PM
There are plenty of young teams that could use Ward's leadership to help them a long, the Bengals, Browns, Dolphins, Bears, Bills, literally a laundry list of teams. If I'm him though there's no way I go to an upstart young team with no chance of championship in the next 2-3 years. Even with the way teams can change from year to year he's better off going to a Patriots, or Cowboys team even.. gasp!!!!

aaronsmith91
02-29-2012, 09:15 PM
I say for the right price the Falcons, in his HT

cuatro_tres43
02-29-2012, 09:15 PM
:nono:the real question is do think he would go to one of the steelers rivals?....i couldn't even imagine:cursin::bonk:

SnakeEyes43
02-29-2012, 09:26 PM
A bench.

He should just retire...

LarryNJ
02-29-2012, 09:33 PM
:nono:the real question is do think he would go to one of the steelers rivals?....i couldn't even imagine:cursin::bonk:

Sure he would, if the Ravens offer him what he feels is his best deal he'll go. I think he'd take less to go to a contender. It's about getting a chance for another ring.

Real Deal Steel
02-29-2012, 10:22 PM
He should retire. But I see him landing on the Texans.

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-29-2012, 10:26 PM
Do yins really think he is going to be signed ??I mean c'mon looks at his stats last season, they ain't gonna get him a big payday. Hell TO is available and hasn't been signed and last time he played he was still able to be a game changer...

Black@Gold Forever32
02-29-2012, 10:41 PM
A rocking chair....lol

RIVERS OF STEEL
02-29-2012, 11:08 PM
Hope he chooses the dignity route. Would rather remember him as "Had It All" rather than as a Has Been. Don't do it Hines. He could make a lot of money as an assistant coach, trainer, mentor, etc.

OldSchool58
03-01-2012, 07:11 AM
The vision of Ward catching a pass from Bradybitch makes me vomitt. Dude, please retire.

Number99
03-01-2012, 07:56 AM
NFL Network..... thats the only uniform other then Black & Gold he should wear.

steelersgal86
03-01-2012, 08:12 AM
NFL Network..... thats the only uniform other then Black & Gold he should wear.

:iagree: ... please retire...

Real Deal Steel
03-01-2012, 09:43 AM
Think about it,

As the 3rd receiver on the Texans, he'd be perfect because the Texans are a run base team and Ward is still the best blocking WR in the game.
Texans have no one crediable at WR on that team other then Johnson. But if you figure Walters will still be there, then it makes sense to have Hines as the third WR if to give Schaub an outlet, if nothing else. Makes good sense that he could catch on with the Texans.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-01-2012, 11:45 AM
Imagine him catching a pass from Flacco... it could happen...

tat2
03-01-2012, 12:18 PM
i'll be cheering for him wherever he lands; not the team but for Hines Ward

LatrobePA
03-01-2012, 02:42 PM
Randy Moss, TO will find a home, Hines will not... I wish he could of called it quits and retired a Steeler...

BlitzburghRockCity
03-01-2012, 03:30 PM
Right now, and I have no information to support this other than my gut. I would say Atlanta would be a great fit for him and if they come calling once free agency starts I'd be Hines would love it.

I also keep getting flashbacks of Rod Woodson as a Raider and thinking of Hines in that situation...

RIVERS OF STEEL
03-01-2012, 03:54 PM
Says he is still going to play. Record multi sourced.

RIVERS OF STEEL
03-01-2012, 03:56 PM
The Arid Zoned Out Burzzards. A shadow of his former self even now.

Goodfrom55
03-01-2012, 04:10 PM
No matter where he goes, if anywhere, it won't be for more than the vet league minimum.

coldrolled
03-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Home to his family. The smart move.

DIESELMAN
03-01-2012, 04:59 PM
The athlete is always the last to know when to retire. Hopefully Hines takes some time and seriously thinks about retiring. He's had a career most WR's are jealous of, time to retire with his legacy intact.

$teelersRule
03-01-2012, 06:58 PM
I think the JETS will sign him he could control Santonio plus they are not bringing Plax back. The Jets just love ex-Steeler WRs.

Stone
03-01-2012, 08:28 PM
A bench.

He should just retire...

Nah.......his toughness could still be used by an OC with a brain.

Mean Linebacker
03-01-2012, 11:59 PM
No way Ward should retire yet if he's not ready. It would be nice to say he retires as a Steeler but these guys don't have long in the grand scheme of things. If he wants to play longer then why not.

I won't be the same not seeing him in in Pittsburgh anymore but as long as he doesn't go to a rival team then best wishes. If he does go to a rival team then all bets are off.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Another one to consider if you're thinking of all possibilities is Dallas. Miles Austin and Dez Bryant have issues staying healthy; I'm sure Jerry Jones would love to have a guy like Hines there to help mentor Bryant and give them some toughness on offense.

Goodfrom55
03-02-2012, 03:27 PM
I don't completely rule out Hines coming back to Pittsburgh - Depending on who is signed or not of course.

LevonKirkland99
03-03-2012, 01:09 AM
For the people who still think Hines should retire. GET a GRIP... He is cut from the Steelers, so you don't have to worry about seeing him on Sundays playing; however, he can play wherever he wants to play. Let him finish his career in dignity somewhere else.

" Well, he really should retire, cuz I don't want to see him in another team's uniform"...such cry babies!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
03-03-2012, 10:00 PM
I don't know that Hines would really come back even if they offered. I think he's probably a bit more hurt by the cut then people might think. He'll always be a Steeler, but he's got pride too and if nobody else wants him he might just hang it up for good.