PDA

View Full Version : Shaun Sarrett hired as Steelers offensive quality control coach

BlitzburghRockCity
02-29-2012, 02:11 PM
Announced today by the Steelers, Shaun Sharett hired as the quality control coach for offense. He'll mainly work with the offensive line like now departed Harold Goodwin did.

Here's his bio from Duke.. http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=204966850

Shaun Sarrett joined the staff in January of 2008 and serves in the capacity of offensive quality control.

Sarrett came to Duke after two years as a graduate assistant at Marshall University, where he earned a master’s degree in education. Prior to his stint with the Thundering Herd, he served as an offensive and defensive line coach at Streetsboro High School in Streetsboro, Ohio.

A native of Beckley, W. Va., Sarrett was a three-year letterman on the gridiron at Kent State University. He graduated with a degree in health education in 2004.

coldrolled
02-29-2012, 03:15 PM
Goddwin left to work with Arians. Andrew Luck is doomed. Hopefully he doesnt get broke in half his first season, thats an expensive toy for bruce to destroy.

Real Deal Steel
02-29-2012, 03:58 PM
Are you kidding? I hope Bruce DOES destroy him. One less team to worry about in our conference. I look at Bruce as our double agent. Hahahaha. Go get'em Bruce!!

OldSchool58
02-29-2012, 04:02 PM
Allow me one stupid question guys,

Exactly what is an offensive quality control coach and what does one do?

LatrobePA
02-29-2012, 04:13 PM

Where was he last year??

Nolrog
02-29-2012, 07:58 PM

Honestly, I have the exact same question. I don't think it's stupid at all.

coldrolled
02-29-2012, 08:55 PM
Honestly, I have the exact same question. I don't think it's stupid at all.

they said we had him line coach? goodwin was his name he left with arians.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-02-2012, 09:22 AM
Quality control coaches are basically assistants to the positional coach; similar to what Jerry Olsavsky does on the defense. Sarrett will work Sean Kugler helping to break down film, work with the guys on the practice field, administrative duties, basically like a right hand man.

Jerry O works with all facets of the defense including breaking down film, practice, helping to put the gameplan together, etc.