PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts On Wexell Interview

SteelDad
02-28-2012, 08:21 AM
First of all, if you haven't listened to one of our shows, make this one your first. You could literally listen to Jim Wexell talk Steelers all day long and not miss a word he says. This guy has been around the block covering this team and it shows. He doesn't mix words and tells it like he sees it.

First thought... When a player says, "The Steelers talked to me or are interested in me" that means the Steelers were one of about 24 teams to talk to him. Whether it was one minute or one hour it really doesn't matter.

Second thought... If you think the combine is a meat market of sorts for the players, it's far worse on the media. They get stuck in a room and wait for these guys to come through for brief interviews. Journalists get NO access to the combine workouts so what you see at home is all they see too.

Give it a listen!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-28-2012, 09:08 AM
You can listen right here! (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/blitzburgh-radio-steelers-podcasts/)

Jim was an excellent guest, very willing to tell us stories of players he talked too and things he's seen. We can't wait to have him on the show again.

The also only get limited access to the players at the combine. After being paraded through a room and answering several questions they are carted off to the national media like ESPN or NFL Network.

If the local media guys want to get any good information they have to literally walk with the players from the press room to their next location and try to get them to talk a long the way.

strummerfan
02-28-2012, 09:13 AM
It was interesting hearing his thoughts on some of the Steelers potential targets.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-28-2012, 06:59 PM
No doubt strummerfan. Jim is one of those guys where if he posts it up on twitter or writes about it you can usually bank on it either being true of having merit as a legit rumor from a reliable source.

His story about being in the media room with the cincy reporter and bengals reporter was funny! LOL

DIESELMAN
02-28-2012, 07:35 PM
Wexell is da man. I follow his articles as well as his input in the forums over at SCI. Well informed!!

strummerfan
02-28-2012, 07:57 PM
His story about being in the media room with the cincy reporter and bengals reporter was funny! LOL

No doubt, I got a chuckle out of that as well.