PDA

View Full Version : Pouncey recovering well from ankle surgery - need to keep him on the field!

CowherPower
02-25-2012, 11:42 AM
Looks like Pouncey will be, hopefully, fully recovered and can get over these high ankle sprain problems. You just can't afford to have your center in and out of the lineup, he is the field general of the offensive line. It all starts with him. If there is one thing that a center must be, it's durable.

INDIANAPOLIS Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert is optimistic the high-ankle sprains that have plagued All-Pro center Maurkice Pouncey are in the past.

Pouncey has missed four games, including the three of the last four in 2011, since hurting his left ankle in the 2010 AFC Championship game.

"The reports we got and the last time we saw him, he was progressing just fine," Colbert said. "High-ankle sprains, they're a different injury and then when you re-injure it sometimes you've got to do some procedures to shore that joint up."

Pouncey's surgery last month did not stop him from making an appearance this week at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
(http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_783542.html#ixzz1nPcmBxe3)

Raleigh Steel
02-25-2012, 12:18 PM
his health is very crucial to this team. let's all hope that these ankle injuries don't keep reoccurring.

JollyRob68
02-25-2012, 04:02 PM
I would think about moving him to LG and drafting a Center. He would be a Probowl LG.

Nolrog
02-25-2012, 04:09 PM
I would think about moving him to LG and drafting a Center. He would be a Probowl LG.

He's a probowl center already. And the anchor to the line and one of the top 2 centers in the game. Moving him to another position is just foolish. D

tburg68
02-25-2012, 06:43 PM
Moving him is actually not foolish. If Konz is available, he could be a Pro Bowl Center and Pouncey would be a Pro Bowl Guard. Depends on who is there at 24. Glenn looked very good at the Combine, so he would look good standing next to Pouncey on the line also.

JollyRob68
02-25-2012, 10:16 PM
Moving him is actually not foolish. If Konz is available, he could be a Pro Bowl Center and Pouncey would be a Pro Bowl Guard. Depends on who is there at 24. Glenn looked very good at the Combine, so he would look good standing next to Pouncey on the line also.

I agree with both Konz or Glenn would be nice next to Pouncey. The reason I said move Pouncey besides Injuries the past two years is we can get a starting center in RDS 1-3. However after watching the combine there should be Guards in rds 1-4.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-26-2012, 01:08 PM
I would have to say there's little to no chance that Pouncey would move to Guard either. He was outstanding his in first year, but last season was a wash. As long as this surgery fixes that ankle issue he has then I'm happy with him at Center for the next 10 years.

coldrolled
02-26-2012, 01:38 PM
I agree with both Konz or Glenn would be nice next to Pouncey. The reason I said move Pouncey besides Injuries the past two years is we can get a starting center in RDS 1-3. However after watching the combine there should be Guards in rds 1-4.

If this is the case... ILB or NT will be #1