PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Brown meets with Todd Haley

LatrobePA
02-17-2012, 04:04 PM
Friday, February 17, 2012
Brown has no trouble meeting Haley

Antonio Brown today Tweeted - he's a Tweeting fool - a photo of he and new offensive coordinator Todd Haley in the Steelers locker room.

Brown just got back into Pittsburgh yesterday after his whirlwind tour of the country and met up with Haley in less than a day.

He did this by, you know, going down to the Steelers offices and seeking him out.

Yet somehow, Ben Roethlisberger hasn't been able to find Haley. Go figure?

Sounds like a little more drama from the king of drama.

I have a lot of respect for Roethlisberger the player. But I could do without all of the other stuff.

Then again, is it Roethlisberger making a big deal out of not talking to Haley yet or certain segments of the media?

So many of the issues with Roethlisberger are media driven as guys try to back their own agendas.

I'll be on ESPN 970-AM from noon to 1 p.m. Sunday at the Pittsburgh Auto show talking Steelers football.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/6903/haleyandbrown.jpg

BlitzburghRockCity
02-19-2012, 10:01 PM
All this drama, I'm so tired of everybody making such a big deal about it...meaning the media. For all we know by now he and Ben have met but if not it's not the end of the world. I would like to think they've already talked, atleast shook hands or something. lol.

Remember too, the new CBA doesn't allow for organized workouts and team meetings until early April.

Cool of Brown though to post up that pic of him and Todd.

Real Deal Steel
02-19-2012, 11:55 PM
I agree. The media is trying to make a story.

LatrobePA
02-20-2012, 12:05 AM
There's two sides to every story...

Raleigh Steel
02-20-2012, 07:14 AM
the problem with the media is they stopped reporting news. ben and todd haven't met each other yet is not "news". they now try to invent the "news". every article, whether it be a "news" article, or an opinion article, is in fact an opinion article.

can't these guys cover anything else? the penguins are having a pretty good year. can't they give the pens writers a hand in making up stuff? like: malkin did not call sidney since he's been out...is there trouble brewing between the 2 superstars?

Muck the Fedia!!!!!!!!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-20-2012, 02:31 PM
And yet more news, case in point: Mark Kaboly from the Trib reports that Ben still hasn't talked to Haley, stating: "hey hasn't called me yet".

Thank you!! This is all they talk about these days! At this point I don't give a rats *** if they've talked any more. When the time comes, they'll talk and work out a gameplan on how to move forward. People keep writing articles on it, talking about it the social media blah blah blah. Personally, I know I'm done writing about it on the homepage and I know Steeldad is too.

coach
02-20-2012, 09:54 PM
I don't see this as the end of the world, but I think it is important. Haley could have reached out to Ben if he wanted to. Likewise, Ben could do the same. I think this is about ego and who will be in the driver's seat. I have a feeling that Ben won't be as fond of this approach as he was with BA at the helm. Let's see if it starts to become more of a distraction as time goes on. If both of them dig in, I wonder who blinks first?

LatrobePA
02-20-2012, 10:16 PM
The arranged marriage between Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and new offensive coordinator Todd Haley remains firmly in the awkward stage.

Roethlisberger made it clear he never spoke with Haley before the coach was introduced by the Steelers last week. On Monday, Roethlisberger told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review nothing has changed on that front.

"He still hasn't called yet," Roethlisberger said.

According to the Tribune-Review, Roethlisberger's tone suggested he didn't plan on making the first move.

Haley's hiring rocked the boat in Pittsburgh, as the move came amidst reports team president Art Rooney II orchestrated the departure of offensive coordinator Bruce Arians and pushed for Haley to be his replacement above Mike Tomlin's wishes.

Roethlisberger was "shocked" Arians wasn't retained, and expressed concern with the Steelers installing a new offense with so many young players on the team.

"I've gotten a lot of calls and texts and emails from people around the league, both good and bad about him," Roethlisberger said of Haley on Thursday . "Everybody has an opinion, as we all know, and they're letting me know what their interaction with him was -- good, bad and indifferent. I've heard a lot of things and I'm looking forward to meeting him and forming my own opinion."

Roethlisberger is obviously cranky, and Haley would do himself a favor to touch base with his new QB sooner rather than later. Then again, Haley isn't exactly known for his conventional coaching strategies. This could get interesting.

Real Deal Steel
02-21-2012, 01:26 AM
Haley "should" make the first move. Be the adult and set an example. Then when things pan out, Ben will look stupid and immature and that will be another lesson he learns that will help him mature.

JollyRob68
02-21-2012, 07:27 AM
Haley "should" make the first move. Be the adult and set an example. Then when things pan out, Ben will look stupid and immature and that will be another lesson he learns that will help him mature.

Ben already looks stupid. Batch & Brown have talked to Haley. Ben is an A$$

LatrobePA
02-21-2012, 09:36 AM
IMO Ben is being a puss *** baby with this whole my BFF is gone boo hoo drama..

I think it's great, Haley is pretty much saying FU Ben I'm not kissing your *** or rings!

coldrolled
02-21-2012, 11:02 AM
Maybe Haley is planning to trade Ben. Fix the cap room? Get some first round picks? Bens always hurt you know?

LatrobePA
02-21-2012, 11:45 AM
Maybe Haley is planning to trade Ben. Fix the cap room? Get some first round picks? Bens always hurt you know?

LOL, I don't think he'll get traded but Haley sure as hell isn't going to kiss his ***, I love it!!

chisteeler
02-21-2012, 12:03 PM

How many lessons does he need to "mature"? He's been in the league for 8 years. I'd say he understands the NFL is a business and needs to step up and be a leader now more than ever.
Here are his lessons that he should have learned from.
1.Motorcycle crash
2.Bad/cocky attitude around town/restaurants
3.Not being voted a team captain
4.The alleged sexual assault in Arizona
5.The alleged sexual assault in Georgia
6.Richard Seymore bitch slapping him
Have I missed any?
He's a great QB and I'll root for him, but he's also a grade A primadona

LatrobePA
02-21-2012, 12:21 PM
How many lessons does he need to "mature"? He's been in the league for 8 years. I'd say he understands the NFL is a business and needs to step up and be a leader now more than ever.
1.Motorcycle crash
Have I missed any?

Tom Brady got a new OC, do we see him making a big deal about it? I do think it's time Tomlin borrows a set of nuts and puts an end to their silly little hold out!

Real Deal Steel
02-21-2012, 12:39 PM
I also agree that if these two guys haven't talked like it's being reported, then Tomlin might as well conference call them both and put an end to this.

Real Deal Steel
02-21-2012, 12:42 PM
1.Motorcycle crash
Have I missed any?

I hear ya. But both guys are acting like little girls. And a coach IS suppose to be the more mature person. That's why he's a coach. We have enough problems as is with the Mike Wallace situation (Front Office has decided to let him go to the market) that we need to be looking at.

LatrobePA
02-21-2012, 01:00 PM
I hear ya. But both guys are acting like little girls. And a coach IS suppose to be the more mature person. That's why he's a coach. We have enough problems as is with the Mike Wallace situation (Front Office has decided to let him go to the market) that we need to be looking at.

You just offended my little girl! lol

Real Deal Steel
02-21-2012, 01:24 PM
You just offended my little girl! lol

hahahahahahaha. You've got a point!

Goodfrom55
02-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Time to be a leader Ben. Make the 1st move and stop pouting because Uncle Bruce is gone.

DIESELMAN
02-21-2012, 02:05 PM
I don't think Tomlin has to squash anything relating to Haley and Ben not meeting yet. Haley is in the middle of something a hell of a lot bigger then meeting with Ben about anything. These guys are grown *** men, Ben should STFU about this crap and focus on getting ready for the 2012 season. On a technical note, no official meetings between players and coaches can take place until 16 April.

@MarkKaboly_Trib Haley not permitted to have "mandatory" meeting with Ben until Apr.16, per CBA. The 2 can have informal talks any time they want.

steelers75
02-21-2012, 02:27 PM
IMO Ben is being a puss *** baby with this whole my BFF is gone boo hoo drama..

Not nearly as much as all the crybaby fans who desperately need a new whipping boy now that Arians is gone and are blowing this stupid **** out of proportion even more than the media is. Seems like Ben has become that by proxy.

LatrobePA
02-21-2012, 02:47 PM
Not nearly as much as all the crybaby fans who desperately need a new whipping boy now that Arians is gone and are blowing this stupid **** out of proportion even more than the media is. Seems like Ben has become that by proxy.

I take it you "repair Bens TV" quite often?

steelers75
02-21-2012, 02:49 PM
I take it you "repair Bens TV" quite often?

I take it you bitch incessantly about inconsequential bullshit often?

Goodfrom55
02-21-2012, 05:40 PM
Why does Haley have to reach out to Ben? Other players sought out Haley at the complex and found him no problem.

steelers75
02-21-2012, 07:28 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/EdBouchette

Ed Bouchette@EdBouchette
News many have waited for: Ben & #steelers new OC Todd Haley finally met, sat down and talked.

connecticutsteel
02-22-2012, 11:27 AM
I don't even understand the point of this story IT'S THE OFF SEASON THEY HAVE PLENTY OF TIME TO TALK ,CHAT ,YELL,SCREAM,SEND SMOKE SIGNALS ,FLIP GANG SIGNS,TALK IN SIGN LANGUAGE JESUS WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL OH NO THEY HAVEN'T TALKED YET WE ARE GOING TO BE 0-16