PDA

View Full Version : ALTERNATIVES TO Dontari Poe in the later rounds

connecticutsteel
02-17-2012, 11:56 AM
Mike Martin grades out well projected 3rd round
Kendall Reyes the player the steelers thought Ziggy hood would be projected 2nd round
Andrew iupati NAME brand stock his coach left oregon so he transfered to humboldt st projected 3-4 rd
Alameda Ta'amu what you see is what you get he is good but won't get much better projected 1-2 rd

Personally i would like to see them draft reyes he is strong ,smart, and is fast enough to play fullback super athlete @300 he can do a back flip from a standing position this shows his athleticism and he could play DE TOO !!!!!!! OR OLB.AS A SOPHMORE HE RAN THE 40 IN 4.7 AT 280LBS

K Train
02-17-2012, 12:08 PM
dont sleep on chapman, teams really like him. hes about as tough as they come playing all year on a bum knee and he really does all the dirty work on that bama defense. no glamour whatsoever.

if we dont land poe in 1, taamu in 2, or chapman in 3....i say we roll with hood/mcclendon/woods at NT

jpele
02-17-2012, 12:37 PM
As much as I want Poe ( I think he'll be another Haloti Ngata) Charlie Casserley has us taking Cordy Glenn T from Georgia. Any thoughts on Glenn ?

I don't think the Steelers put much stock in my draft picks , I wanted Bryan Bulaga instead of Pouncey although last year went pretty well for my picks.

K Train
02-17-2012, 12:44 PM
everyone has us taking glenn, its a lazy pick for mockers.

i like him though, he carries his 350 very well and would be a mauling guard but has some tackle ability...and not like trai essex versatility, actual real life talent

connecticutsteel
02-17-2012, 04:09 PM
dont sleep on chapman, teams really like him. hes about as tough as they come playing all year on a bum knee and he really does all the dirty work on that bama defense. no glamour whatsoever.

if we dont land poe in 1, taamu in 2, or chapman in 3....i say we roll with hood/mcclendon/woods at NT

no reyes? did you ever see him play he had a99 yrd interception pick six

jnes1216
02-19-2012, 03:25 AM
I am not the draftniks the above posters are, but I would be happy with Poe or Glenn. Solidify the line and usually everything else falls into place. You guys can argue names, but I hope the first pick is either off. or def. line.

JollyRob68
02-20-2012, 02:00 AM
Alternatives to Poe
Alameda Tu'amu
Mike MArtin
Josh Chapman
Andrew Iupati(yes mikes brother) Sleepers
Nick Jean Baptiste
Hebron Fangupo

connecticutsteel
03-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Just to update this thred i would also include Devon Still and Akiem Hicks although hicks is a little tall for NT.I know this is off the topic of but how ironic is it that Vontaze Burfict is projected as an undrafted free agent oh how the mighty have fallen

JollyRob68
03-06-2012, 03:39 PM
Just to update this thred i would also include Devon Still and Akiem Hicks although hicks is a little tall for NT.I know this is off the topic of but how ironic is it that Vontaze Burfict is projected as an undrafted free agent oh how the mighty have fallen

If Vontaze is there in the 4th you take him. I think he might be off The Steelers board already however, in the 4th 5th round the value is too great. Hell I'll take him in the 3rd.

connecticutsteel
03-07-2012, 09:08 AM
He gained weight which greatly impacted his speed .His speed was his greatest asset without speed he's average.I don't wish the kid any ill will but i really think this is a Brian Bosworth situation .For those who are old enough to remember that **** bird

K Train
03-07-2012, 12:07 PM
i dont think taze goes undrafted

none of these guys you are mentioning for NT really can play NT in a 34. Give me chapman still

connecticutsteel
03-07-2012, 07:26 PM
I'm not saying NT nessasaraly but dl

K Train
03-07-2012, 08:20 PM
also they may bring back anthony gray from last season, wouldnt be the first time they cut a guy after doing some good things in camp and preseason and then bring him back to compete the following one

JollyRob68
03-17-2012, 11:55 AM
Delvin Johnson of Marshal

stepit1102
03-18-2012, 03:52 PM
I think that the Steelers definitely need to draft an offensive lineman in my opinion and if it's Glenn im good with that! If you look back at the Cower days that was a strong point that defined our running game ,our problem back then was a subpar quarterback and average receivers. I would have to think were sitting much better in that category but if we could get lucky and find a Faneca or Strzelczyk that can play for the next 8 to 10 years that will go along way to keeping the Steelers atop of the AFC for years to come!

connecticutsteel
03-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Glenn would work but he may be gone Brandon Brooks looks good to and he won't cost us a 1st round pick

Real Deal Steel
03-20-2012, 01:08 AM
Alameda Tu'amu is an interesting player. Seems to have a lot of potential. If we have no shot at Poe, I would think they target Tu'amu but can he start? Because Hampton is done.

K Train
03-20-2012, 01:30 AM
i think the thing taamu lacks the most is potential, more of a what you see is what you get kind of player. could probably be a solid starter and space eater but probably a 2 down NT in a 34 and only that