PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Notebook: Big Ben injures thumb in practice

Koopa
08-17-2006, 12:26 AM
this isn't a repost cause it has more then that other thread, and that other thread has no link lol

Thursday, August 17, 2006
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Ben Roethlisberger's first hit came Saturday in Arizona. His first injury came yesterday in practice.

No defender was to blame, and the injury to his hand or thumb did not appear to be serious. The quarterback hit another player on his follow-through after throwing a pass near the end of afternoon practice.

"I think he hit his thumb on the next-to-last play on a shoulder pad," coach Bill Cowher said. "We'll look at that, assess it and I'll probably have more information tomorrow."

Roethlisberger shook his right hand after he hit it. The incident is a normal one involving quarterbacks in practice, although on rare occasions they come away with a broken bone in their hand.

Okobi feels good, confident

Dr. Joseph Maroon removed the pain in Chukky Okobi's neck, and the center promised yesterday that no one will move him aside as the backup and heir apparent to Jeff Hartings while he recuperates.

Okobi will find out soon when he can resume working out and how much time he might miss, but he has spent the past two days on the sideline at training camp itching to get back.

rest of it

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06229/714194-66.stm

Steelersfan
08-17-2006, 12:29 AM
I'm more interested in Okobi right now. Ben should be fine. Hopefully Okobi is back to help the line out soon.

Japanbengal
08-17-2006, 11:25 AM
Just like Cowher to try and make Ben the hero when he wins and blame the thumb for his lack of passing the ball when they lose.

Steelersfan
08-17-2006, 11:32 AM
It's too bad for the other teams that Ben doesn't lose very often.

PITT23
08-17-2006, 04:38 PM
Just like Cowher to try and make Ben the hero when he wins and blame the thumb for his lack of passing the ball when they lose.
How can you say that? All Cowher did was answer the question a reporter asked and he did it truthfully. No need to hate on Cowher because he has a ring that Marvin Lewis doesnt.

PITT23
08-17-2006, 05:51 PM
And if anyone was wondering, it's officially being called a "ligament strain."

And ESPN is making too big of a deal about it which is pissing me off so it must be making fans of other teams angry also. I guess theres no real other sports news today or something.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-17-2006, 05:57 PM
Im surprised ESPN hasnt brought a live camera crew down to interview Ben personally and ask him what color glove he's gonna wear :cursin:

Gimme a break, he's got time to heal, he'll be fine.

PITT23
08-17-2006, 06:00 PM
Similar to how they replayed the Ben/Jim Rome interview for a whole week. It was enough to see it once...

shimmysteelerfan
08-17-2006, 06:02 PM
ligament strain from hitting your thumb on a shoulder pad....they make these guys look like panzis.

blackNgold22
08-17-2006, 06:05 PM
I just hate when people (as seen by a Bungals fan in this very thread) say that Ben asks for this coverage when he trys to keep it low key and ESPN just goes overboard.

SteelerDan43
08-17-2006, 06:15 PM
I was at the afternoon practice today and he sat out, Okobi also took 5-10 non contact snaps

PITT23
08-17-2006, 06:20 PM
I was at the afternoon practice today and he sat out, Okobi also took 5-10 non contact snaps
Yeah watching TV it seemed like Okobi was very confident about coming back soon.

Japanbengal
08-17-2006, 07:54 PM
How can you say that? All Cowher did was answer the question a reporter asked and he did it truthfully. No need to hate on Cowher because he has a ring that Marvin Lewis doesnt.

No hating on cowher he did it last year and he'll do it this year. What ring you talking about Super Bowl ring. ML has one. Or getting a Super Bowl ring while being a Head coach. How long has Cowher been a head coach what 15 years. How long has ML been a Head coach going on 4 years.

Japanbengal
08-17-2006, 07:55 PM
I just hate when people (as seen by a Bungals fan in this very thread) say that Ben asks for this coverage when he trys to keep it low key and ESPN just goes overboard.

Where did I say Wittle Benny boy asked for it in my thread. Mayby someone needs to go back to a reading comprehension class.

BBC
08-17-2006, 08:36 PM
Im surprised ESPN hasnt brought a live camera crew down to interview Ben personally and ask him what color glove he's gonna wear :cursin:

Gimme a break, he's got time to heal, he'll be fine.

Agreed. I've heard reports that Ben is expected to play against the Vikes next pre-season game, so this is not a big deal. No need to worry.

Prosdo
08-17-2006, 10:10 PM
I'm not sure why the whole thumb injury was made such a big deal of. I mean seriously we had a player who might have had his career be over just a week or so ago. I rather hear about that instead of all the hype around Ben hurting his thumb lol.

blackNgold22
08-17-2006, 10:12 PM
No hating on cowher he did it last year and he'll do it this year. What ring you talking about Super Bowl ring. ML has one. Or getting a Super Bowl ring while being a Head coach. How long has Cowher been a head coach what 15 years. How long has ML been a Head coach going on 4 years.
Pretty sure he meant a SB ring. And I doubt that if Lewis coaches 15 years he'll get more than one or even reach two or more Super Bowls.

PITT23
08-17-2006, 10:14 PM
No hating on cowher he did it last year and he'll do it this year
He did what last year? Answer a reporter's questions? What do you want him to say? His comments in no way were meant to call attention to this.