PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben interview with DVE!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-16-2012, 01:13 AM
Interview is about 11 minutes long, they talk about all sorts of topics:

A few key points..

-Ben doesn't feel QB's should be yelled at, he's been yelled out plenty of times but feels you can get through better by just talking. (have to listen to his whole statement).
-Feels they should still throw the ball significantly; too many talented receivers to not throw it.
-In the meeting with Rooney, he said he never got the feeling that Art II wants to run the ball more to win but rather just wants to do whatever it takes to win, run or pass.
-Says he won't jump to any conclusions about Haley until he talks to him first.
-To this point has not talked to Haley yet.
-Each player is motivated differently, a good coach can work with everyone.

http://www.dve.com/player/?station=WDVE-FM&program_name=podcast&program_id=amshow.xml&mid=21821992

SteelDad
02-16-2012, 08:44 AM
My guess is that many of us here at SA participated in sports of one kind or another at some point in our lives. If you didn't, you can still relate to a degree I'm sure but everyone responds differently to various types of coaching. I don't view Haley as a guy who spits fire and venom 100% of the time but is he going to get loud and demonstrative? More than likely so Ben needs to quit worrying about this and just play football. I find it hard to believe that Ben never played for a coach that yelled. If he is more concerned about that right now then we have bigger issues ahead than I thought.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-16-2012, 09:24 AM
Appreciates where Art II is coming from. He wants Ben to stay on the field and not get injured. Neither of them made a big deal about the "tweaking" his game quote. No specific demands by Art II on how to play. Ultimate goal is to win games.

-------

I still say I just don't understand the logic of not meeting with Haley yet. I put the blame on both of them.

Now the fact that they haven't met yet doesn't mean the season is lossed and everything about the offense will suck. The offseason is just beginning, they have plenty of time. I just think that you should at least sit down for a few minutes, introduce yourself, get the formalities out of the way and move on.

You don't have to work out a gameplan right away or anything but if nothing else just establish a rapport with each other.

LatrobePA
02-16-2012, 09:31 AM
Like my idol Tim Gunn would say "just work it out" lol

OldSchool58
02-16-2012, 09:41 AM
This is starting to sound like a damn daytime soap for men.

I don't think these two will ever swap spit in the shower, but I also don't think they're gonna do drive by shootings on each others houses either. As long as they're both doing their jobs and winning games everything will work out. You'd be suprised how winning games changes peoples outlook on situations.

connecticutsteel
02-16-2012, 10:15 AM
I blame Haley 100% for the non comunication .The way i see it is when ever i started a new job i always made sure to introduce myself to my new co workers.Plus it's not like ben isn't there he's already working out.But the more i think about this there is plenty of time for them to form a bond .Haley has the combine and the draft to research plus hours of tape to go over .so i'm sure he's busy.I'm sure ben could help him with the tape

CowherPower
02-16-2012, 03:43 PM
This is the best interview that I've heard yet this offseason. Prisuta covers a lot of topics with Ben. He does beat around the bush a bit (Ben) but he's being honest so it's hard to fault him.

Perhaps we're blowing this this whole thing of the two of them not meeting yet way out of proportion. It's only February right now and teams can't start working together until early April I believe. Now if they aren't talking by the summer then something is definitely wrong, LOL.

MDSteel15
02-16-2012, 05:27 PM
Key word in this is SPIT! I guess no one remembers "the Chin"....

DIESELMAN
02-16-2012, 07:19 PM
Perhaps we're blowing this this whole thing of the two of them not meeting yet way out of proportion. It's only February right now and teams can't start working together until early April I believe. Now if they aren't talking by the summer then something is definitely wrong, LOL.
Exactly.....We are still 2 months from the draft and roughly 6 months from the 2012 season games. There is plenty of time for Haley and Ben to "meet". Ben needs to be patient and realize that this is a learning experience for himself. For all we know Haley is letting Ben know there's a new sheriff in town and things will happen when they need to happen.

JoeSteelerFan
02-16-2012, 10:28 PM
Absolutely AMAZED that Ben hasn't talked to Haley yet .....