PDA

View Full Version : Hello! I am new to this site

BlackGold4vr
01-24-2007, 10:54 AM
I was referred to this site by Blitzburgh Nation. I am a 41 year old retired Marine. Grew up in Cranberry (about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh) and joined the Marine Corps right out of high school. Started watching the Steelers in the early 70's and have been a diehard Steeler fan since! Most of my family still live in western PA and I come home every other year to visit. I love the city of Pittsburgh and although I haven't lived in the state for a long time I still consider it home! I live out in California with my wife and 2 kids and they are all budding Steeler fans! My son and I both wear our Ben Roethlisberger #7 game jerseys on Sundays while we watch the black & gold (he's only 4 yrs old). Of course I have DirectTV with NFL season ticket and I couldn't live without it! During football season my families activities are planned accordingly so as not to miss a minute of Steeler football! There are lots of Steeler fans out here in California! Im not sure if they all grew up in Pittsburgh or have ever even been there, but I see lots of Steeler fans out here! I am happy to have found this site.......thanks Bitzburgh Nation! The CBS sportsline message board is constantly under siege from idiots who bash the team with retarded posts! My user name is the same over there. Looking forward to talking some football with other Steeler addicts! :tt02:

Blitzburgh55
01-24-2007, 10:58 AM
:welcome:

AZ_Steeler
01-24-2007, 11:07 AM
During football season my families activities are planned accordingly so as not to miss a minute of Steeler football!

Sounds like how plans are made in my house!!

:sup: :welcome:

big d
01-24-2007, 11:16 AM
welcome to the site.

Steelx
01-24-2007, 11:39 AM
Welcome to the site. Thanks for defending our country, appreciate all you guys do and have done for us.

House of Steel
01-24-2007, 11:47 AM
Hello there. I am a very good friend of Blitzburgh Nation and made his sig for him. Thanks for serving in the Marines and defending the foundations of our great nation. I also want to welcome you to Steeler Addicts and hope you enjoy it here. SA is totally 360 from CBSsportsline.com. You will enjoy it here, they don't put up with the garbage. Great staff here and great people. :welcome: :tt02:

Steelx
01-24-2007, 12:01 PM
SA is totally 360 from CBSsportsline.com.In the words of jason Kidd "I am going to turn this team around 360 degrees" Wouldnt you be in the same spot?

House of Steel
01-24-2007, 12:03 PM
That is very well said, Steel. :bigthumb:

floodcitygirl
01-24-2007, 12:26 PM
:tt02: Welcome to SA! Hope you enjoy!!!!

Steelersfan
01-24-2007, 01:35 PM
Welcome to SA BlackGold4vr from a former Marine! I went in in 88. Hope you enjoy it here and let us know if you need any help with anything.

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-24-2007, 01:54 PM
Welcome to SA

BBG7
01-24-2007, 02:07 PM
Welcome to SA...post up and enjoy!

Prosdo
01-24-2007, 02:22 PM
Welcome to SA!

BlackGold4vr
01-24-2007, 03:32 PM
Semper Fi Devil Dog! I served from 84 to 2004. Was an airwinger. Worked on the AV-8B. Love the Steelers and love the Marine Corps! Ooh Rah!

steelcurtain09
01-24-2007, 06:13 PM
In the words of jason Kidd "I am going to turn this team around 360 degrees" Wouldnt you be in the same spot?

u woukd be in the same spot no matter how many degrees u turn...

all it would change would be the direction u r facin...

so as not to be a thread hijacker *cough*

welcome to SA
hope u have a great time

Hburg
01-24-2007, 08:05 PM
Welcome man! Hope you enjoy it here. If you have any questions or need anything feel free to hit me up. Peace.

BuFu

PITT23
01-24-2007, 08:58 PM
You sound like the kind of member we love to have around here...one who knows what he's talking about, is down to earth, and IS A HUGE STEELERS FAN.

Welcome!!

:welcome:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-24-2007, 10:31 PM
Welcome to the site. Thanks for defending our country, appreciate all you guys do and have done for us.

Hell yeah, Welcome to SA !!!!!!

MRS Steelerfan
01-24-2007, 10:35 PM
Welcome!!

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-24-2007, 11:28 PM
WELCOME TO THE BEST STEELER SITE ON THE WEB !! thanks for your service to our country !! :tt02: :tt02:

TEEMONT
01-25-2007, 12:22 PM
Word!!

Steelerlyn
01-25-2007, 02:02 PM
Welcome, welcome, welcome!!! I love Cranberry, in fact, many of the times we go to the games, my son and I stay in Cranberry. We love rt #19 and all that area has to offer, we also like Wexford. In fact we typically get our tailgate food at the Giant Eagle on rt#19, in Cranberry. If we were ever to move we would move there, my husband and I have already talked about it, he too, absolutely LOVES Cranberry. The drive in to da burgh take about 27 minutes and it is the most beautiful drive, all the mountains and colors. My husband and I were there last year for the bass tournament in da burgh and we stayed in Cranberry. Be proud to be of a town of that high a caliber.

steelcurtaingal
01-26-2007, 11:04 AM
i am new here too, blackgold4vr told me about this site. Hi blackgold4vr. great to meet with other die hard fans. My philosophy is that there is never a good reason to miss a game, with the exception of being dead. In that case, you dont have an option. My schedule revolves around steelers football, and just cuz i am a girl doesnt mean i know nothing about football.

DIESELMAN
01-27-2007, 08:04 PM
Welcome to SA blackgold4vr and steelcurtaingal......Good site and Good people!!!!!! :helmet:

BlitzburghNation
01-27-2007, 08:23 PM
We had some good conversation's on CBS message board & Like you I was getting tired of all the idiots & bull s**t :banging:
Your'e gonna like it much better over here :tt02:
:beer4: :welcome: :welcome: :drunk:

SteelersWoman
01-28-2007, 05:30 AM
Welcome BG4vr and SCG! Hope you both enjoy this site as much as I do--I feel like I live here lol :D

I was so worried about what would happen on here once the season was over, but I was reassured that there'd be plenty goin on--and there's been just about as many threads and things to do as during the season, which has been a great help! :yesnod: (Didn't have to do this season cold turkey like last one before findin this place --courtesy of AZ Steeler) :bigthumb:

House of Steel
01-28-2007, 12:15 PM
This Site will never become dead in the offseason. We are a tight knitted bunch of great people that care about one another. This is a real Steelers forum and a great family. Yes, I do consider this my second family cause I basically live here and advertise this place to many Steelers fans I run into in Cleveland.

Steelx
01-28-2007, 03:40 PM
u woukd be in the same spot no matter how many degrees u turn...

all it would change would be the direction u r facin...

so as not to be a thread hijacker *cough*

welcome to SA
hope u have a great timeThats what HOS didnt catch if you turn something around 360 degrees your back in the same spot.

i am new here too, blackgold4vr told me about this site. Hi blackgold4vr. great to meet with other die hard fans. My philosophy is that there is never a good reason to miss a game, with the exception of being dead. In that case, you dont have an option. My schedule revolves around steelers football, and just cuz i am a girl doesnt mean i know nothing about football.

Welcome to the site gal happy posting

darnik44
01-29-2007, 01:16 AM
Welcome man, I'm from Ellwood City and often work in Cranberry.

steelcurtaingal
01-30-2007, 01:39 PM
yeah we did blitzburgh. i hope the other a-holes like dr donez, and them dont come running over here. i will be so pissed if they do.
great to be with steeler fans

Prosdo
01-30-2007, 03:39 PM
Don't worry SteelCurtainGal. We don't put up with people getting out of line and all that.