PDA

View Full Version : Jim Wexell causing quite a stir lately with comments on twitter

CowherPower
02-13-2012, 12:30 PM
One of the guys I follow on twitter is Jim Wexell, Im sure many of you follow him too. Hes on 93.7 The Fan and SCI. Has anyone else noticed the media storm hes been posting up lately? Seems like hes going after everybody and everything related to the local and national media, Hines Ward, Bruce Arians, Todd Haley, Tomlin, you name it.

Heres a few of the recent tweets hes put out recently. Honestly I think hes usually dead on with his insight unlike some others in the local media who try to stir the pot.

@jimwexell: You realize the names I'm throwing around for draft, UFA are merely conjecture, not from some kind of source. Anyone sick of "sources" yet?
@jimwexell: @edbouchette To be fair, I READ Gerry's story and he did use word "guessing"; as w/my Caldwell conjecture. Ed'just pooping hisself
@jimwexell: @edbouchette Having fun w/ my conjecture the day after Arians was fired but has nothing on Dulac's conjecture that Haley a courtesy
@jimwexell: Would someone tell @edbouchette to write another story already. Hooray, the P-G broke the Arians-is-fired story. Good for you. Now move on.
@jimwexell: Hey, Arians apologists, it's not about a fullback. Last year's team had them, but TEs CAN'T LEAD BLOCK. Silly pride kept real FBs off roster
@jimwexell: Who in Steelers' org leaked word to LaCaforna that Hampton would be cut 2 years ago? NO ONE. It was botched report. Get a clue, Pgh media.

LatrobePA
02-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Not to be a dick, but who gives a rats *** what this doucher writes?

coldrolled
02-13-2012, 12:58 PM
He did say TE's cant block... hmmm... 85

LatrobePA
02-13-2012, 01:00 PM
He did say TE's cant block... hmmm... 85

True but Bruce had a plan... haha

cmerrifield
02-13-2012, 01:53 PM
I think Wexell is funny. I am SOO VERY tired of hearing about BA and turmoil in Pittsburgh. These guys are paid millions of dollars to win games. I dont care if the OC and Ben are friends or not. I dont care if they talk or not. Ben and Haley have one common goal that will unify them. Ben had too much control over the offense with BA and that was bad, did anyone think correcting the problem would make Ben happy. I am just tired of EVERY media outlet covering this. Its over blown, just like Harrison and Ben last year, all is just fine in Pittsburgh.

SteelDad
02-13-2012, 02:48 PM
I don't think it's about what he said as much as it is about why. I think the PGH media is not happy with the 'Belichick-style' closed shop that's been getting worse and worse. I think he's venting about why some get stories and some don't.

SteelCityKid5
02-13-2012, 03:14 PM
I find him and Bouchette to be the most reliable sources who cover the Steelers. I take their words seriously.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-13-2012, 08:01 PM
I can't remember a time in recent history when even the local media is taking shots at each other. Obviously they work for different publications and generally get a long but we'd be crazy to think that each isn't trying to outdo the other.

SteelCityVoice
02-13-2012, 11:51 PM
I've seen a lot of people be wrong lately in terms of the Steelers. Even trusted guys like Ed Bouchette.

JoeSteelerFan
02-14-2012, 12:03 AM
I don't think it's about what he said as much as it is about why. I think the PGH media is not happy with the 'Belichick-style' closed shop that's been getting worse and worse. I think he's venting about why some get stories and some don't.

Ding, Ding, Ding, ...... WE HAVE A WINNER! :banana:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-14-2012, 12:08 AM
Everybody is trying to guess what's going to come next based on past experience in how things were done. This offseason has been anything but similar to how things are normally done. As of now nobody has a clue what's going on and everybody thinks everybody else is wrong.

Prosdo
02-14-2012, 08:18 AM
I know he has been having a beef with PFT as well.

SteelDad
02-14-2012, 08:39 AM
Ding, Ding, Ding, ...... WE HAVE A WINNER! :banana:

Do I win anything?:lol:

I think there are so many erroneous reports because everyone wants to be 'the guy' that breaks the next big story. They get so much as a sniff and they go with it with fingers crossed. Not exactly solid journalism but this is the world of social media.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-15-2012, 12:54 AM
I think Wexell has had a beef with Florio and PFT for a long time now, he just hasn't been as vocal about it as he is lately.

Number99
02-15-2012, 09:18 AM
PFT is a brutal site...nuff said. And the thing with the PGH media and those in the media who are guessing about Pgh's future, if you throw out enough guesses someone is going guess right. And then that knucklehead can say "look see I was right, haha".

BlitzburghRockCity
02-20-2012, 02:34 PM
LMAO This is so awesome, Wexell in response to the Trib's Marc Kaboly reporting yet again that Ben hasn't talked to Haley (via twitter)

@jimwexell (http://www.twitter.com/jimwexell): Don't know who's dumber: reporters who care in Feb whether Ben has met new OC, or Ben for playing along.
Shared via TweetCaster

CowherPower
02-20-2012, 09:59 PM
I love reading Wexell's tweets. He just tells it like it is. Hell for all we know these are guys are all just in cahoots with each other for something to do this offseason so they are starting a media war..LOL.