PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss and the Steelers?

BlitzburghRockCity
02-13-2012, 10:29 AM
According to PFT (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/13/randy-moss-says-hes-coming-back/) today, Moss has decided to come back to the NFL again.

Receiver Randy Moss retired from football in 2011. Few believed it would stick.
And it’s apparently not going to stick.

The man who once said he plays when he wants to play has announced via a Ustream.tv live video that he wants to play.
“I just wanna go to a team and play some football,” Moss said in an appearance commemorating his 35th birthday, which included at one point an acknowledge of our effort to push traffic to the event by mentioning it on the PFT Twitter page.
“I said I had a surprise for y’all,” Moss added not long after showing off a bag of his hair and pointing out that it smelled “musty,” like “sauerkraut.”

He also explained that he retired because he had things going on off the field, and that his family has told him, “It’s fine, whatever you wanna do.”
What’s he’s going to do is return to the game.

“Faith, family, and football, that’s my M.O., bro,” Moss said. “Your boy be back for the upcoming season.”

The offseason just got a lot more interesting.

In the past I would say there is no chance that Moss would ever be in Pittsburgh because of his attitude. He’s toned down the last couple of years he was in the league and he certainly wouldn’t command a huge salary anymore like he used too. The Steelers are still trying to get under the cap but just imagine a WR corp of Wallace & Brown & Moss in a 3 wide set and then throw in Sanders too.

It’s unlikely this scenario would ever come to fruition but it’s something interesting to think about in the offseason.

JensK
02-13-2012, 10:36 AM
I would love it to happen, but I doubt it ever will. Especially seeing we have much bigger needs to fill out in FA than WR.

LatrobePA
02-13-2012, 10:44 AM
RM will never be a Steeler...

K Train
02-13-2012, 10:53 AM
would be crazy...even if he never caught a pass having him and wallace on the field would free the middle so much.

ive always been for this move

steelspikes
02-13-2012, 11:41 AM
C'mon man. We're already trying to get rid of a 35+ yr. old receiver. Why add another? Not even worthy of discussion.

K Train
02-13-2012, 11:46 AM
i dont think i need to explain the talent level difference between a moss and a ward of any age

coldrolled
02-13-2012, 11:59 AM
if the speed is there... the WR can play. Ward lost a step... not sure about Moss..

LatrobePA
02-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Ward is a great dancer, that alone is reason enough to cut him!

I agree Moss would be a badass pick up but I just don't see this team doing it..

K Train
02-13-2012, 12:19 PM
word is moss has been training like a madman for a comeback, even before last season he was seen training real hard. he wants to find a contending team interested in his services

BlitzburghRockCity
02-13-2012, 01:03 PM
If the opportunity was there for either Ward or Moss, as much as we all love Hines Ward, how could you not want Moss as another deep threat on your roster? You would have 4 legitimate down the field receivers that could blow the doors off any secondary.

Then you put Brown or Sanders in the slot on some plays along with Heath Miller, it would sick!

I don't expect this to happen just simply for the money reasons alone if nothing else.

LatrobePA
02-13-2012, 01:18 PM
I can honestly see this team dealing Wallace, that would leave a void to fill, Moss might be possible then..

SteelCityKid5
02-13-2012, 02:09 PM
given the Steelers track record, I dont think this will happen

JollyRob68
02-13-2012, 02:18 PM
I can honestly see this team dealing Wallace, that would leave a void to fill, Moss might be possible then..

If wallace get signed in free agency I could see them possible bringing in MOss. However he's a team killer. I was at the game NE vs Carolina and watched him sulk on the sidelines and not go all out. we already have an aging,sulking wr named Hines Ward. Its time to move forward.

Steelers_All_Day_43
02-13-2012, 02:57 PM
Moss is DONE. I don't want him, hes def lost a step and he showed no passion at all his last season.

Zachintosh66
02-13-2012, 02:57 PM
um no...

PITTxPRIDE
02-13-2012, 03:32 PM
I think he will be good for a season or two, but then he will be done

Nolrog
02-13-2012, 04:59 PM
Receiver is probably the deepest position on the entire team. Why would we waste free agent money on Moss when OL, DL and LB are all far bigger needs.

jpele
02-13-2012, 05:19 PM
i dont think i need to explain the talent level difference between a moss and a ward of any age

Yea Ward plays every down , Moss Plays when he feels like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Number99
02-13-2012, 05:42 PM
Ward never had a step to lose....lmao. As for Moss, I don't think he's a Rooney guy. Not in a million years.

RIVERS OF STEEL
02-13-2012, 09:05 PM
No no and hell no. Who started this rumor? 35 years old, been used by everybody.

jpele
02-14-2012, 08:01 AM
Talk about a pool of talent we could bring in Randy" I'm coming back to rip someone's head off" Moss , T.O. And Ocho Stinko. Just think of the fun TO and Ocho could work on their latest end zone dance while Moss decides if he's going to run a route or sit it out.

Those three should actually keep Todd Haley busy enough to make our game plan seem as if Arians never left making Ben very happy. I say we do it.

It could all be had for less than the price of one Hines Ward. Now don't get me wrong I love Ward but realize his time has come but if we're looking at old workout players why not keep a proven player.

Stone
02-14-2012, 09:06 AM
One of the things I love the most about being a Steeler fan (above and beyond the winning) is that the Steelers do it the right way, and if the Steelers do get a stinker in the mix they keep it nearly invisible or they get rid of the stinker.

I hope we never sign a "known stinker"!

Scorp
02-14-2012, 09:41 AM
Maybe it would be nice to see Moss in a Steeler uni. I think he will go back to the patsies. They want to lose another super bowl for him and with him.

Nolrog
02-14-2012, 09:54 AM
Knock Knock!
Who's there?
Logic!
Sorry, you're not welcome here.

Axeman
02-14-2012, 12:18 PM
C'mon man. We're already trying to get rid of a 35+ yr. old receiver. Why add another? Not even worthy of discussion.

amen to that.

chisteeler
02-14-2012, 12:24 PM
Really? Moss?
While we're at it we could add Joey Galloway and see if Isaac Bruce is still available?
Let's not get too excited about this bum, it's the same talk as last year when Tiki wanted to make a comeback.

JensK
02-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Really? Moss?
While we're at it we could add Joey Galloway and see if Isaac Bruce is still available?
Let's not get too excited about this bum, it's the same talk as last year when Tiki wanted to make a comeback.

Moss have been out of the NFL for one year. Tiki had been our for quite a while. Besides, every single word out says that Moss is in prime shape still. I'm not advocating that Moss should join Steelers because, as I've said before, we have bigger holes and limited salary. I am, however, certain that he will deliver to whichever team picks him up.

K Train
02-14-2012, 12:43 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thats actually not true at all...in NE moss played hard and ran every route and did everthing he was asked...oh yeah and broke records doing it. dont let his stint in Tennessee fool you, he was a mere decoy.

idk i think art II is badass enough to make a move like this....issac bruce and joey galloway referencer are insulting to moss, world above them at any age. some of you get so butt hurt at hypothetical scenerios. i remember back when there was no way the steelers would hire a guy like haley

Real Deal Steel
02-14-2012, 01:37 PM
It will never happen.

chisteeler
02-14-2012, 05:46 PM
thats actually not true at all...in NE moss played hard and ran every route and did everthing he was asked...oh yeah and broke records doing it. dont let his stint in Tennessee fool you, he was a mere decoy.

idk i think art II is badass enough to make a move like this....issac bruce and joey galloway referencer are insulting to moss, world above them at any age. some of you get so butt hurt at hypothetical scenerios. i remember back when there was no way the steelers would hire a guy like haley

It wasn't meant as an insult to moss as a player, but rather the scenario at hand with players being out of football and wanting to make a come back. The game is more of a young man's game (i.e. Ward) and we have talent at the position already. It was meant in a sarcastic context. I just want the Steelers to take the talent they have and fine tune them and not worry about bringing in the flavor of the month.

jpele
02-14-2012, 05:50 PM

We all have opinions and I think if Moss had even a little left in the tank the Patsvwould have held on rather than letting him go. As for the Haley hiring I always stand behind FO moves, like I've said before they know a lot more than most of us ( with the exception of thevTomlin hiring) Mike has proven to be a blind sheep.

NYCsteelersfan
02-14-2012, 07:47 PM

There's no comparison. Moss single-handedly forces the defense to do things differently than they are used to.

Moss playing half the time is better than Ward playing all the time.

One of the things I love the most about being a Steeler fan (above and beyond the winning) is that the Steelers do it the right way, and if the Steelers do get a stinker in the mix they keep it nearly invisible or they get rid of the stinker.

I hope we never sign a "known stinker"!

Yeah, I love being the only team in the league that won't hire a stinker and loses while every other team hires scum and wins. Because in the end, it's all about who is more moral. Letting Holmes go is only overshadowed by letting Burress go as one of the dumbest offensive moves in the NFL's history.

jpele
02-15-2012, 07:23 AM
Yeah, I love being the only team in the league that won't hire a stinker and loses while every other team hires scum and wins. Because in the end, it's all about who is more moral. Letting Holmes go is only overshadowed by letting Burress go as one of the dumbest offensive moves in the NFL's history.

Other than when the Pats traded for Moss, name me a team that won because they picked up a troubled player. Lets see Washington is famous for big name free agents or how about the Bengals or Raiders yea lets be like them.

Try and remember the Steelers have 6 rings and make the playoffs most every year doing it their way.

Nolrog
02-15-2012, 11:04 AM
Other than when the Pats traded for Moss, name me a team that won because they picked up a troubled player.

Picking up a troubled player isn't always a problem. You know they will behave for a year, maybe two. After that, it's likely they will start causing the trouble that got them labeled a troubled player in the first place (see Santonio Holmes.)

NYCsteelersfan
02-15-2012, 02:16 PM
Other than when the Pats traded for Moss, name me a team that won because they picked up a troubled player. Lets see Washington is famous for big name free agents or how about the Bengals or Raiders yea lets be like them.

Try and remember the Steelers have 6 rings and make the playoffs most every year doing it their way.

Oh, so the Giants had a good offense and won the Superbowl in 2007 because Eli was so good with his 73.9 QB rating, 23 TDs and 20 INTs with a 56% completion. I thought it was because Burress caught every sloppy piece of $hit pass Eli threw to him and ended up catching 12 of his 23 TDs that season. Then he took double coverage in every playoff game, which left all the other $hitty Giant receivers open for Eli to all of the sudden have 3 good playoff games.

RIVERS OF STEEL
02-15-2012, 06:22 PM
It's "TROUBLE MAKER". i don't know why. It just is. How would the Nation feel if we had Buress when he shot himself or Holmes imploding. Don't need it here. My worthless opinion only.

steelers75
02-15-2012, 06:41 PM
Oh, so the Giants had a good offense and won the Superbowl in 2007 because Eli was so good with his 73.9 QB rating, 23 TDs and 20 INTs with a 56% completion. I thought it was because Burress caught every sloppy piece of $hit pass Eli threw to him and ended up catching 12 of his 23 TDs that season. Then he took double coverage in every playoff game, which left all the other $hitty Giant receivers open for Eli to all of the sudden have 3 good playoff games.

Actually it had more to do with their defense and getting hot at exactly the right time.

Steelersfan
02-15-2012, 08:10 PM
There's no comparison. Moss single-handedly forces the defense to do things differently than they are used to.

Moss playing half the time is better than Ward playing all the time.

The Steelers don't hire stinkers and lose? They have more SB wins than any other team. Have been to as many as any other team. But they lose?How many did we win with Burress? Now Holmes I would of liked to have seen stay, but with the problems he has caused in NY it was smart to get rid of him.

jpele
02-15-2012, 08:26 PM

Wow! I'm glad you cleared that up for me, all along I was thinking the Giants won the super bowl in 07 When in reality it was Plaxico that won it for them.

I personally like his follow up were he shot himself and went to prison that really helped his team. What year was it he helped the Jets win the Super Bowl it seems to have slipped my mind.

And yes the Giants had the # 14 ranked offense in 07 not like they were bottom feeders.

NYCsteelersfan
02-15-2012, 09:50 PM
Actually it had more to do with their defense and getting hot at exactly the right time.

Their defense gave up at least two touchdowns in all 4 playoff games. Burress was the entire team's passing offense.

How many did we win with Burress?

How long did they keep Burress for? Burress and Ward would've been like Moss/Carter. They would've been one of the best wide receiver combos in the league.

NYCsteelersfan
02-15-2012, 09:52 PM
Wow! I'm glad you cleared that up for me, all along I was thinking the Giants won the super bowl in 07 When in reality it was Plaxico that won it for them.

Yeah, it was the Giants. It was Manning and Amani Toomer. They were a terrifying combo.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-16-2012, 03:53 PM
From what I've read over the last year, in passing, Moss has been on a workout terror trying to get ready to make a comeback. I'm sure he's not as fast as he was in his prime but I would bet he's in better shape than most are figuring right now.

LatrobePA
02-16-2012, 04:27 PM
Moss can't keep his mouth shut and his return may be delayed because of it...

Chris Carter called him out now Moss won't shut up!!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-17-2012, 03:10 PM
Moss has apparently been offered a contract by the IFL's Chicago Slaughter.

Any guesses on if he'll take a step down from the NFL? LOL

Axeman
02-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Moss has apparently been offered a contract by the IFL's Chicago Slaughter.

Any guesses on if he'll take a step down from the NFL? LOL

why not, T.O did. as a matter of fact I wonder why T.O didn't go after this washed up ex NFL WR and sign him as a Wrangler whom T.O co-owns.

steelers75
02-18-2012, 08:55 PM
Their defense gave up at least two touchdowns in all 4 playoff games. Burress was the entire team's passing offense.

Sure, with a whopping total of one TD during the entire 2007 postseason. But yeah, he singlehandedly won Super Bowl XLII for the Giants.

acero
02-18-2012, 11:56 PM
no way jose !!!

jnes1216
02-19-2012, 06:03 AM
Why get Moss or any free agent while we are over the cap? If anything get an off. lineman please!!!!
Moss would just replace Wallace's role. Blow the top off the coverage and let the underneath guys go to work. I'll take a legitimate threat in Wallace over the fake one in Moss.

NYCsteelersfan
02-23-2012, 11:17 PM
Sure, with a whopping total of one TD during the entire 2007 postseason. But yeah, he singlehandedly won Super Bowl XLII for the Giants.

Yeah, because if he didn't command automatic double coverage every game, then Eli and his 70 something passer rating and the great Amani Toomer would've still put up points.

Goodfrom55
02-24-2012, 07:56 AM
Moss - Steelers = Gasoline - match. A guy to do the dirty work is already on the roster (Cotchery).

86WARD
02-25-2012, 07:27 AM
Why would you want Moss. Lol...

I'd like to nominate this thread for worst of 2012...

BlitzburghRockCity
02-25-2012, 10:24 PM
The cap situation is much more clear now than it was a few days ago but still there's just no way they would entertain a guy like Moss. Even if he did completely change his attitude his past would never allow him to see a Steelers uniform.

coldrolled
02-26-2012, 01:47 PM
Best Unofficial Time: 4.34

Official Time: N/A

How it Impacted His Stock: Streeter is 6'5" and 220 pounds, so for him to run a 4.34 is just absurd. He only started one year at Miami and isn't the most polished receiver, though his combination of size and speed will certainly warrant some long looks by NFL teams.

Streeter might sneak into the late second round if teams like what they see upon further inspection.