PDA

View Full Version : Patriots, Bengals, Ravens, could be targeting Mike Wallace

BlitzburghRockCity
02-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Stumbled across this article from a few days ago on BR (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1055220-new-england-patriots-pittsburgh-steelers-mike-wallace-is-a-realistic-target)

However, Welker's perfect complementary receiver is available in free agency this year.

Despite being a restricted free agent, Mike Wallace is nowhere near guaranteed to return to Pittsburgh as a Steelers (http://bleacherreport.com/pittsburgh-steelers) player next year. One alteration to free agency made by the relatively new Collective Bargaining Agreement is that teams can no longer put first- and third-round protections on their restricted free agents.

The Pats always have money to blow under the cap, last I checked they're payroll for 2012 was just slightly over $100 million.

The Steelers will tender off Wallace the highest they can, I have no doubt of that but if the Pats go after him with a boat load of cash they may not be able to match it. I will never put anything past the Steelers when it comes to keeping the players they want to keep so we shouldn't think Wallace would automatically leave.

JollyRob68
02-11-2012, 01:44 PM
New England would only give up its 31 pick in the first round. Thats not a bad deal for Mike Wallace. However, I was wondering if Bill B called and asked to do a sign & trade and offered the #31 pick in the first or two 2nd round picks #48 & 63 which would you take? For me its tough because Having that other 1st allows them to see what top talent falls to the end of round 1. However having three picks in the second allows then to reload quickly. They could take BPA in rd 1 and fill needs in rd 2.

coldrolled
02-11-2012, 02:09 PM
your all smoking stuff.. #31 is really a second. #48 is a good second. and #63 which is a third really. but who replaces wallace?

how many picks have we used to find a CB..?? 7 or 8 picks so far.... do we really have the best CB yet?

finding wallace was a great thing. hes worth more than those three picks from the pats.

Nolrog
02-11-2012, 02:34 PM
However, I was wondering if Bill B called and asked to do a sign & trade and offered the #31 pick in the first or two 2and round picks #48 & 63 which would you take? .

I'd help him pack and drive him to the airport for that. That's a huge haul for him. You're talking 2 firsts and 3 seconds this year. We trade up in the draft to get a big impact player (first and a 2nd) and still draft a nose in the first and a line backer and a replacement WR in the 2nd.

xBlitzBurghx
02-11-2012, 03:26 PM
I don't think you guys understand that if you take wallace out of the equation it affects the rest of our receivers.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Steelers_All_Day_43
02-11-2012, 05:26 PM
Trading Wallace would be beyond dumb and a huge step back for the offense. We aren't gonna do it anyway so I'm not worried , the FO knows the impact Wallace has on the field.

Nolrog
02-11-2012, 05:31 PM
I don't think you guys understand that if you take wallace out of the equation it affects the rest of our receivers.

Of course it does. However, Wallace is not irreplacable. If someone blows them out of the water with an offer (like a first and 2 seconds) you make that move. Because while it may impact the receiving corps, the impact on the team as a whole is much greater (in the positive sense.)

K Train
02-11-2012, 06:04 PM
wouldnt hate the move tbh, extra first rounder would make me feel all fuzzy inside

xBlitzBurghx
02-11-2012, 06:07 PM
Of course it does. However, Wallace is not irreplacable. If someone blows them out of the water with an offer (like a first and 2 seconds) you make that move. Because while it may impact the receiving corps, the impact on the team as a whole is much greater (in the positive sense.)

He could def be replaced. And yes I agree it would be worth it for the picks, but something tells me with Haley it will make our o so much better. He will actually get creative plays for our receivers

Zachintosh66
02-11-2012, 06:11 PM
either way, ill be fine. ill be gitty that we have another #1 or that we have Wallaces Speed for longer, too bad hes not a complete WR.

elephantman
02-11-2012, 06:48 PM
I would love a 1st round pick for wallace as we have depth and He's soft and a one trick pony.....but NOT to The PATS, or Ravens.....that is their biggest need, Imagine the Pats with Wallace!! OMG we cant let that happen!!....to an NFC team like the Rams for a 2nd rounder (Almost the same as PATS 1st rounder), thats cool...then pick up an O lineman

Black@Gold Forever32
02-11-2012, 07:02 PM
Wallace isn't a one trick pony....He made tremendous strides this year in becoming a more complete WR.....Only problems with Wallace is he doesn't fight for the ball and seems to sulk at times when he isn't the focal point.....When Brown started to beast it seemed Wallace was effected by it somewhat......The Steelers would be just smart to keep Wallace, Brown, and Sanders together as long as they can....Just look to add a tall/physical WR who can play through the draft......

elephantman
02-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Wallace isn't a one trick pony....He made tremendous strides this year in becoming a more complete WR.....Only problems with Wallace is he doesn't fight for the ball and seems to sulk at times when he isn't the focal point.....When Brown started to beast it seemed Wallace was effected by it somewhat......The Steelers would be just smart to keep Wallace, Brown, and Sanders together as long as they can....Just look to add a tall/physical WR who can play through the draft......

^agree, hate seeing Wallace watch an interception....but lets face it, we wont be able to keep all 3 of these guys, and we will absolutely have to keep Brown....and I expect Sanders to have a Brown kind of year in 2012, so lets bite the bullet now and resign Cotchery and have a great 3 WR set...if we can tighten up this O line (or D lline) with an additional high pick, lets jump on it.....Wallace stock is high but I dont want to resign him, he's good, but not great..we have other needs and it's not at Receiver

connecticutsteel
02-11-2012, 07:34 PM
wouldnt hate the move tbh, extra first rounder would make me feel all fuzzy inside

as much as you think wallace is soft he is the perfect complement to AB he will keep ab open a season . there is no way they let wallace get away

Real Deal Steel
02-11-2012, 07:38 PM
Trading Wallace would be beyond dumb and a huge step back for the offense. We aren't gonna do it anyway so I'm not worried , the FO knows the impact Wallace has on the field.

Letting the Patriots get Wallace would just about put them back in the Super Bowl next year and it in turn would weaken us significantly. If this were allowed to happen, it would also signify for sure that the Steelers would be going back to a run heavy team on offense.

I want to keep Wallace and I want Dwyer to be the starter. I want the best of both worlds on offense.

connecticutsteel
02-11-2012, 07:44 PM
plus there are more cuts on the way Steelers that will not be steelers in 2012 Smith ,Ward,Kemoetu,Farrior,Harrison,Hampton,C batch,Dixon,moore starks,Gay, Sepulveda,Colon,leftwich,J scott

connecticutsteel
02-11-2012, 07:45 PM
Letting the Patriots get Wallace would just about put them back in the Super Bowl next year and it in turn would weaken us significantly. If this were allowed to happen, it would also signify for sure that the Steelers would be going back to a run heavy team on offense.

I want to keep Wallace and I want Dwyer to be the starter. I want the best of both worlds on offense.
why dwyer Batch is better

Steelers_All_Day_43
02-11-2012, 07:45 PM
Another reason to keep Wallace is the fact that we just got Haley. He isn't only a great o coordinator but he used to be a full time wr coach. His #1 receivers always look great(deebo and fitz). I'm tellin u guys Wallace will breakout this year. Letting the pats get him would take their offense to 07 caliber or close to it(Wallace ain't no Randy moss, but their other options are much better than 07).

Steelers_All_Day_43
02-11-2012, 07:48 PM
plus there are more cuts on the way Steelers that will not be steelers in 2012 Smith ,Ward,Kemoetu,Farrior,Harrison,Hampton,C batch,Dixon,moore starks,Gay, Sepulveda,Colon,leftwich,J scott

Cutting Harrison would be dumb AF too

K Train
02-11-2012, 08:00 PM
as much as you think wallace is soft he is the perfect complement to AB he will keep ab open a season . there is no way they let wallace get awayi dont think wallace is soft

Black@Gold Forever32
02-11-2012, 08:08 PM
why dwyer Batch is better

How can you say Batch is better then Dwyer?........Batch hasn't proven anything at his point......7th round pick coming off a major knee injury......We still don't know much about Dwyer but he does have at least one 100 yard game under his belt in the NFL....I'm rooting for Batch and hope he makes the team but really nobody can say how good Batch is at this point.....

Raleigh Steel
02-11-2012, 08:18 PM
I would love a 1st round pick for wallace as we have depth and He's soft and a one trick pony.....but NOT to The PATS, or Ravens.....that is their biggest need, Imagine the Pats with Wallace!! OMG we cant let that happen!!....to an NFC team like the Rams for a 2nd rounder (Almost the same as PATS 1st rounder), thats cool...then pick up an O lineman

so wallace is a one trick pony, and you'd love to get a 1st round pick for him, but you don't want him to go to the pats or ravens? if he's that useless to our team, he'd be useless for those teams too right?

he's not a one trick pony. once he was keyed on there were zero adjustments for his game. brucie sent him deep into double coverage. the entire league figured it out and they didn't try to do anything else with him because they were then having success with AB..

he doesn't fight for the ball? maybe. but that only happened maybe 2 or 3 times from what i recall. he had many, many more successes than failures. getting rid of him would be absolutely ludicrous!

just wait until haley, who knows how to run an offense and get players in position to succeed, gets a hold of him....YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHIN' YET!

HUNT4SEVEN
02-11-2012, 08:22 PM
I would hate to c him go, but if we could get a additional 1st and a high second i might be tempted to let hi m go,we are obvious good at drafter WR's, i would miss him but man to get sum early high draft picks man that would be hard to pass up...Plus i trust that the Steelers will do what's best for the team.:tt02:

SteelDad
02-11-2012, 09:30 PM

I honestly wouldnt be torn up by it either. He faded as the season wore on and his attitude is questionable. Would I like to keep him? Of course but not to break the bank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

K Train
02-11-2012, 09:45 PM
i dont really think he faded, or that hes soft, i dont think hes a one trick pony, i dont buy the bad attitude thing...and i actually really do like him. im just a sucker for draft picks lol. it would be a shame to break up this group of guys we have though

LatrobePA
02-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Wallace doesn't impress me anymore!

DIESELMAN
02-11-2012, 10:23 PM
so wallace is a one trick pony, and you'd love to get a 1st round pick for him, but you don't want him to go to the pats or ravens? if he's that useless to our team, he'd be useless for those teams too right?

he's not a one trick pony. once he was keyed on there were zero adjustments for his game. brucie sent him deep into double coverage. the entire league figured it out and they didn't try to do anything else with him because they were then having success with AB..

he doesn't fight for the ball? maybe. but that only happened maybe 2 or 3 times from what i recall. he had many, many more successes than failures. getting rid of him would be absolutely ludicrous!

just wait until haley, who knows how to run an offense and get players in position to succeed, gets a hold of him....YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHIN' YET!

Exactly!! BA came into every game with the same game plan and no matter what adjustments were made by the other team, BA had the "This is the game plan and we're sticking with it" mentality. We are loaded at every offensive skill position, it's a shame that talent was wasted every Sunday.

LevonKirkland99
02-11-2012, 11:10 PM
Trading wallace to New England would be a bad move...Stop the insanity of saying you would help Wallace pack his luggage. I guess it's the off season and Steeler fans are bored!

Nolrog
02-11-2012, 11:13 PM
Trading wallace to New England would be a bad move...Stop the insanity of saying you would help Wallace pack his luggage. I guess it's the off season and Steeler fans are bored!

I'd help him pack and drive him to the airport. Hell, I'd go with him and help him unpack.

I'm looking at things that would make the Steelers better. Getting a first and two seconds but at the cost of Wallace is an overall team improvement.

I'm not looking at moving him. I'm just responding to the question on what would you do if NE offered that. Turning down that much of a return even for Wallace is foolish.

Real Deal Steel
02-11-2012, 11:16 PM
I don't believe in helping any rival opponent in our conference. No way I"m doing a deal with the Pats for Wallace. For General Principal if nothing else.

JollyRob68
02-11-2012, 11:27 PM
Wallace is a restricted free agent. No deal needs to be made,any team that wants him needs to just offer a contract. The Steelers then have 7 days to match it. The Patriots have two 1st round picks however the #31st is there pick. If the signed Wallace thats what they'd give up. I just wanted to know if Bill called before offering Wallace a contract and gave the Steelers an option of sign & trade for #31st pick or there two second rounders #48 & 63 what would you take. If Bill B wants Wallace he will make a contract that the steelers cant match.

A worse situation would be the Bengals wanting Wallace because they have two 1st rounders and could give up one for him and still select BPA. The Bengals own the 17th(from Oakland) & The 21st(original). We would get The 21st pick. Wallace with AJ Green & ANdy Dalton would be sick. This is a scenario I don't want to see.

JollyRob68
02-11-2012, 11:29 PM
I don't believe in helping any rival opponent in our conference. No way I"m doing a deal with the Pats for Wallace. For General Principal if nothing else.

They don't need our help they can just sign him so we can't match it. Was just asking which you would prefer 31st pick or two second rounders if They offered.

coach
02-12-2012, 01:01 AM
I'll be surprised if he doesn't get an offer that we can't match.

Steelers_All_Day_43
02-12-2012, 03:59 AM
Why would Wallace leave us for them(besides the $)? That would be stupid of him

jnes1216
02-12-2012, 04:01 AM
I guess I just don't get the rationale behind wanting to trade one of our best offensive weapons. We finally have a stud trio at WR and now we want to take away 1/3? I completely understand wanting to accumulate draft picks, especially early round ones where we can fulfill other needs. It just seems like we would be robbing Peter to pay Paul. Drafting a WR replacement is no sure thing, see Limas Sweed and his psychiatrists.

DIESELMAN
02-12-2012, 04:38 AM
Wallace will get resigned to a long term contract.....

Black@Gold Forever32
02-12-2012, 05:21 AM
i dont really think he faded, or that hes soft, i dont think hes a one trick pony, i dont buy the bad attitude thing...and i actually really do like him. im just a sucker for draft picks lol. it would be a shame to break up this group of guys we have though

I really like Mike Wallace and I loved the pick when they drafted him....But come on Ktrain you have to admit that Wallace wasn't the same WR the 2nd half of the season this year.....I'm one of this biggest defenders but he doesn't fight for the ball and it seemed to me he was sulking the 2nd half of the season especially when Antonio Brown became more of a focal point....Of course Ben's ankle didn't help matters and effected Wallace's production also......I agree it would be a shame to break up the three young WR's and that is why I would be against the Steelers not resigning Wallace.......I hope the Steelers can keep all YMC together as long as possible......Maybe it was unrealistic to expect Mike Wallace to keep up the pace he was on at the start of 2011...........I'm far from giving up on him but I think he can be better.........

Nolrog
02-12-2012, 07:17 AM
Wallace will get resigned to a long term contract.....

I agree. That's the most likely result and the most desired one.

Nolrog
02-12-2012, 07:20 AM
But come on Ktrain you have to admit that Wallace wasn't the same WR the 2nd half of the season this year.....

He didn't have as good of a second half as a first. That's true. However, I think that was more than anything because the other teams were game planning for him and BA did a poor job taking advantage of what he brings and what the defenses were giving for him. Plus, since he's a deep threat, you also have to factor into the equation the fact that the OL was so horrible, that Ben rarely had the 5 or so seconds needed for Wallace to get deep in the first place.

Katmandu
02-12-2012, 08:46 AM
I guess I just don't get the rationale behind wanting to trade one of our best offensive weapons. We finally have a stud trio at WR and now we want to take away 1/3? I completely understand wanting to accumulate draft picks, especially early round ones where we can fulfill other needs.

Drafting a WR replacement is no sure thing, see Limas Sweed and his psychiatrists.You answered your own question.

BTW, leave Limas alone. Mental health issues (depression and anxiety) are NO JOKE. You probably know a loved one of yours that suffers from these afflictions.

Katmandu
02-12-2012, 08:48 AM
Plus, since he's a deep threat, you also have to factor into the equation the fact that the OL was so horrible, that Ben rarely had the 5 or so seconds needed for Wallace to get deep in the first place.That right there is as BIG a factor as any in Wallace's production last season.

Until our OL is solidified, we will NOT improve on Offense. PERIOD!

connecticutsteel
02-12-2012, 10:02 AM
How can you say Batch is better then Dwyer?........Batch hasn't proven anything at his point......7th round pick coming off a major knee injury......We still don't know much about Dwyer but he does have at least one 100 yard game under his belt in the NFL....I'm rooting for Batch and hope he makes the team but really nobody can say how good Batch is at this point.....

because dwyer has been on the team for 2 years and hasn't found yhe field Batch beat out moore then he got hurt

JensK
02-12-2012, 10:09 AM
because dwyer has been on the team for 2 years and hasn't found yhe field Batch beat out moore then he got hurt

Honestly that is hardly the case. For all we know, Batch was a Training Camp hero much like Frank Summers was. I'm not comparing them in terms of talent, but in terms of how much they've actually showed us thus far.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-12-2012, 10:59 AM

That proves exactly what?.....Batch hasn't even played one down in the NFL (including pre-season).......

cuatro_tres43
02-12-2012, 11:11 AM
Why would Wallace leave us for them(besides the $)? That would be stupid of him

didn't you just answer your own question?

Number99
02-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Wow , talk about a story of "enter straw and stir".

SteelDad
02-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Under Haley I think we'll found out everything we need to know about Wallace. He'll be challenged more than BA did. While I believe MW was not the same WR in the 2nd half of the season I feel some of that was on BA.

Root4Stlrs
02-13-2012, 02:36 AM
The Pats weren't smart enough to get him when they had the chance during the draft. They picked right before Pittsburgh picked Wallace and got some guy they've since traded who never did anything for them.

Nolrog
02-13-2012, 07:23 AM
The Pats weren't smart enough to get him when they had the chance during the draft. They picked right before Pittsburgh picked Wallace and got some guy they've since traded who never did anything for them.

I'm not sure how that's relevant. Every team has bad picks. I could name many from the Steelers that were high round poor picks as well (Worlids, Urbick, Sweed) and that's without even looking anything up.

xBlitzBurghx
02-15-2012, 12:02 AM
Idk why after wallace caught a td they ignored him for the rest of the game

LatrobePA
02-15-2012, 09:43 AM
Wallace may find a better offer fellas and might be gone...

Nolrog
02-15-2012, 12:01 PM
Wallace may find a better offer fellas and might be gone...

That's true. Although, there are a few free agent WRs out there this year that could keep prices down.

Hopefully they can work it out, but if not, getting a first rounder back (hopefully a high one 8-P ) wouldn't be the worst outcome in the world.

Real Deal Steel
02-15-2012, 08:10 PM
I can understand the Patriots need for speed. But if they want speed, we'll trade them Saunders for a 2nd round pick. But their not getting Wallace. But I'd give them Saunders.

Ibleedblk&gld
02-15-2012, 08:26 PM
Saunders isn't worth a 2nd rd pick, ESP with his suspension at the start of the season

K Train
02-15-2012, 08:41 PM
he meant sanders. who really worth that either

Steelersfan
02-15-2012, 08:56 PM
Wallace had 396 yards over last 9 games (and that counts Denver game) and only 3 TD's. Pretty sad of you ask me for a supposed #1 WR. Sorry, but see ya! Not worth the money.

Ibleedblk&gld
02-15-2012, 08:58 PM
he was also double covered damn near every down...he's the reason brown and cotchery were able to get open

Steelersfan
02-15-2012, 09:02 PM
he was also double covered damn near every down...he's the reason brown and cotchery were able to get open

Ok, I will agree with some of this. But how much do you pay him? I'm all for keeping him but not if he asks too much. And Ward had far more catches than Cotchery. Redman had more than Cotchery......lol

Ibleedblk&gld
02-15-2012, 09:23 PM
yeah, I didn't mean all season with cotchery, more or less the last few games and wildcard...if we can get a decent line to help ben buy a few more seconds, wallace will be deadly

coldrolled
02-16-2012, 11:58 AM
yeah, I didn't mean all season with cotchery, more or less the last few games and wildcard...if we can get a decent line to help ben buy a few more seconds, wallace will be deadly

probably to keep his contract renewal to a minimum..... well then it was BA too never using battle or cotch much, good hands players.. This year will be a whole new offense even if we draft zero offensive players.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-16-2012, 02:13 PM
Wallace needs to improve his game, he's an elite down field threat but he was unable to shake the extra coverage put on him in the last half of the season. Part of that was Ben being hurt, no doubt about it, but we saw him drop some passes and at times get swallowed up.

I'm all for keeping him, I think he can be awesome and is well on his way already. I just want to see him continue to get better.

Real Deal Steel
02-16-2012, 03:41 PM
With Ben being hurt, coupled with an O-line that deteriorated down the line, it's kind of unfair to grade out Wallace negatively. IMO.

I think Sanders, Brown and Wallace are all great based on the last couple of years. And even though we got Sanders late in the draft, he's a second round talent to me and anyone else who's seen him play. Sanders could easily start for atleast half the teams in this league. So if the Patriots want someone who's possibly expendable from our team, It would be Sanders. But only for a second round pick. He's that good. I don't care what round we got him because he was a steal in that draft.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-18-2012, 12:35 AM
Rumors floating around the that Bengals might be willing to throw a lot of money at Wallace to try and get him away from the Steelers. Something to keep an eye one. I still don't think it'll happen though, if the Rooney's want to keep a player they find a way to do it.

coldrolled
02-18-2012, 08:44 AM
Rumors floating around the that Bengals might be willing to throw a lot of money at Wallace to try and get him away from the Steelers. Something to keep an eye one. I still don't think it'll happen though, if the Rooney's want to keep a player they find a way to do it.

cinci and the browns have two first round picks also.

Real Deal Steel
02-18-2012, 07:50 PM
The only thing Al Davis used to say (when he was sane) that I agreed with is:

Taking a good player away from a team in your division is one of the surest was to help you improve within that divsion.

mcfly06
02-19-2012, 12:26 AM
I don't see where we have the money to sign him, unless ben cuts his deal down to like 60million which he should because thats where all the money is going too him and his 102 million dollar deal or whatever it is. I say we have ben cut that down to 60million, then get rid of ward,gay,batch,mendenhall,brett,hampton,even colon if he wont re do his deal. Im just sick and tired now with us keeping guys when their like 35yrs old or close to it. heck even foote and farrior could leave farrior is freaking 37 yrs old. We need to have money so we can spend on some of our young players when they become free agents to keep them, and go out and get some good free agents not a free agent thats already 33yrs old or 30 like we always do. IT GETS LAME AFTER AWHILE, im just sick and tired of us out of all the teams in the NFL having no F****** MONEY!!! Would some one explain to me how the freaking bengals have more money to spend then us?? I just think they need to change how they do some things i mean its good to stay with the TRADITION and STUFF. But we need to get with the way the league is going now. What we gonna do after this coming season Sanders and Brown are gonna be free agents, who do we keep there?? IF wallace leaves Brown will suck next year and we all know that. Every team has their run for a couple years where their always in the playoffs and in the hunt for a super bowl, i think ours is up if we lose wallace i can see us going in a 3yr slump. I love the steelers and will till the day i die, this just how i feel it's been building up and when i hear that were so freaking broke that we might not be able to bring Wallace back, it makes me mad.

jnes1216
02-19-2012, 02:47 AM
I wouldn't foresee a 3 yr slump. I think we have the talent to contend if we lose Wallace. I hope that doesn't happen of course. Loyalty can be a double edged sword, the front office hangs on to some players past their release point and some players re-sign when more money is available because they love how the team is managed. I have to give Colbert some credit, I think we are in the hunt whether we are broke or not. I admit, I want to see a big name free agent signed every now and again, but I also enjoy watching the draft picks develope. Whatever situation developes with Wallace you know the FO will try to get the maximum value out of it as possible. They don't want to see Wallace go to another top AFC team or at all. They will keep all three young WR's imo.

C'mon McFly, we'll get our financial sh&t in order. lol!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-19-2012, 10:12 PM
Teams like the Bengals have no money because they don't spend any. It's a big reason why they've been bottom of the barrel for so long. They pay a handful of players decent money and the rest are scrubs. With the draft picks they have now and potential to attract more free agents they'll be spending more.

The Steelers never have much cap room because they spend every available time to keep their core players together each year. It's how they've done things pretty much every year since the dawn of free agency. They will do all they can to keep their players on the team and fill in the holes around them with draft picks for the future. Then those players become great and the front office will try to keep them too. It's just how they do things.

As far as this rumor with Wallace though, it's gaining more ground with Adam Schefter talking about it, now everyone thinks Wallace is as good as gone.

LatrobePA
02-20-2012, 10:15 AM
I read there's a 50/50 chance someone will throw large $ at Mike... I honestly think he'll be gone, no way he takes a hometown discount to stay.

Nolrog
02-20-2012, 10:23 AM
I read there's a 50/50 chance someone will throw large $ at Mike... I honestly think he'll be gone, no way he takes a hometown discount to stay.

I still say that the good crop of FA WRs out there will keep the prices down. There are better WRs available than Wallace, so if someone is going to drop big money, it might be on someone else.

For the Bengals, it would be smarter for them to spread that money around and upgrade multiple positions, rather than dumping it all into one guy. The only way I'd do that is if I was that one guy away from contending for the SB.

They pick 21s this year by the way. If he's gonna go, at least go to a crappy team that we can get a pick in the teens dang it.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-20-2012, 11:14 AM
The Steelers are concerned that another team will take Mike Wallace (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12601/mike-wallace) if they put a first-round tender on the restricted free agent instead of the franchise tag. The last place Pittsburgh would want to see the big-play wide receiver go is inside its own division.

The Ravens and Bengals are among a handful of teams who are considered viable candidates to go after Wallace. Both teams are looking to upgrade at wide receiver. Both have more salary-cap room than the Steelers. And both have more motivation than other teams: Acquiring Wallace not only makes them stronger at wide receiver, but it takes away a playmaker that they won't have to defend twice a season.

Wallace, a 2011 Pro Bowl performer, finished first among AFC North wide receivers with 72 catches and 1,193 yards receiving. He stretched the field with seven receptions of at least 40 yards, including touchdowns of 81 and 95 yards. He also caught one pass of 40 yards or more in six straight games this season.

It's logical that the Ravens would be interested in Wallace. Baltimore only had two wide receivers who caught more than four passes last season (Anquan Boldin (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/4512/anquan-boldin) and Torrey Smith (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14032/torrey-smith)) and neither had more than 57 receptions. But the Ravens have never traded a draft pick higher than a second-rounder (Terrell Owens (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/1056/terrell-owens) in a 2004 deal that was ultimately rescinded) and they've come across as being more impressed with Antonio Brown (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13934/antonio-brown) than Wallace.

Still, Baltimore would only have to part with the 29th overall pick, and the Ravens know no wide receiver the caliber of Wallace will drop that far. Wallace, who turns 26 before the season, is entering the prime of his career, which makes him a more attractive option than the other free agent wide receivers: Marques Colston (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/9838/marques-colston) (who will turn 29), Vincent Jackson (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8475/vincent-jackson) (29) and Reggie Wayne (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/2578/reggie-wayne) (33).

But Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome made it sound like the team wouldn't be pursuing restricted free agents.

“There’s going to be some restricted free agents that we would like, but is it going to be worth giving up a significant amount of cash and cap and a draft pick?," Newsome said at the Ravens' season-ending press conference. "When you deal with that double-whammy, even though the rules have been relaxed, you just go, ‘Nah, no, I wouldn’t do it.’ That’s just my philosophy.”

The bigger threat inside the AFC North to pry away Wallace is the Bengals, because of their cap situation. With an estimated $60 million in cap room, the Bengals could sign Wallace to a contract that includes a $20 million roster bonus (which ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter explains in the video). The Steelers, who are around $11 million over the cap right now, would be hard-pressed to match such an offer.

Cincinnati can make this move and still draft in the first round, because it has two picks this year. The Bengals, who have the Raiders' 17th overall pick from the Carson Palmer (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/4459/carson-palmer) trade, would give up the No. 21 pick for Wallace.

Wallace would significantly upgrade Cincinnati's wide receiver group. The Bengals have one of the best young wide receivers in the league in A.J. Green (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13983/aj-green), but they are looking for more consistent production than what they got from Jerome Simpson (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/11280/jerome-simpson) and Andre Caldwell (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/11331/andre-caldwell). Imagine what Andy Dalton (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14012/andy-dalton) could do with Wallace, Green and tight end Jermaine Gresham (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13228/jermaine-gresham).

Of course, the Steelers can make themselves less vulnerable if they put the franchise tag (estimated $9.6 million) on Wallace instead of the first-round tender ($2.7 million). But it will take a massive round of cuts (wide receiver Hines Ward (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/1494/hines-ward), guard Chris Kemoeatu (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8618/chris-kemoeatu), defensive end Aaron Smith (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/1862/aaron-smith), offensive tackle Jonathan Scott (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/9727/jonathan-scott) and inside linebackers Larry Foote (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/3656/larry-foote) and James Farrior (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/1219/james-farrior)) and restructured contracts (quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/5536/ben-roethlisberger) and linebacker James Harrison (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/4433/james-harrison)) to make enough cap room for the Steelers to use that tag.

The Steelers have until March 5 to decide whether they will put the tag on Wallace or risk losing him.

Source (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/42614/will-ravens-and-bengals-pursue-wallace)

LatrobePA
02-20-2012, 11:19 AM
Not looking good for Wallace to stay....

Ibleedblk&gld
02-20-2012, 12:04 PM
God help us if he goes to a division rival

Nolrog
02-20-2012, 12:26 PM
God help us if he goes to a division rival

If he stays, if he goes, doesn't matter. We'll get thru it.

LatrobePA
02-20-2012, 01:10 PM
If he goes we'll get another 1st, the question is what do we do w/ it?

coldrolled
02-20-2012, 01:39 PM
NFL.com Steelers: The Steelers, in a serious cap crunch, face a big-time dilemma here with Mike Wallace, a restricted free agent. If they merely put the first-round tender on him, other teams can present front-loaded offer sheets. But franchising him counts more than $9 million against the cap, and they lack that kind of wiggle room without making some possibly drastic changes. The Steelers worry specifically that top AFC rivals Baltimore and New England, both in need of a vertical receiver, might make a play for Wallace. The internal discussions continue as to how the Steelers handle this, but in the end I believe they protect this asset and find a way to franchise him.

LatrobePA
02-20-2012, 01:50 PM
Drastic meaning cutting a few mid $ players??

Farrior, Foote, Hampton, Dsep, Hines, who else could see the axe?

Black@Gold Forever32
02-20-2012, 04:15 PM

Exactly cutting those you mentioned.......Really cutting those names wouldn't be drastic.......Hines is finished.......Farrior is about finished....Hampton coming off injury and really is about finished himself.....Foote too expensive to keep and D-Sep can't stay healthy.......

Real Deal Steel
02-20-2012, 04:19 PM
We are negotiating contracts as we speak. I fully expect them to retain Wallace once we clear some more dead weight.

coldrolled
02-20-2012, 05:15 PM
This is the year the team gets younger. Hopefully they let our young talent play enough last year to take over this year.

We only have the draft. FA is not funded. So, a trade may be in order also, to grab a few more draft picks early this year.

Ike, Harrison, Troy, Wallace?

Goodfrom55
02-20-2012, 07:39 PM

A.Smith, Big Juicy, Other players willing to restructure. . .Steelers "should" be ok in retaining Wallace.

Real Deal Steel
02-21-2012, 12:34 PM
According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the Steelers are willing to let restricted free agent Mike Wallace test the open market.
The Steelers will reportedly place a first-round restricted tender on Wallace and "see what develops." If he "signs a contract and they deem it too high," they will apparently take the first-round compensation instead of matching. Once unthinkable, it's now very possible the Steelers will let their 25-year-old No. 1 receiver walk instead of digging themselves into an even deeper salary-cap hole. Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Feb 21 - 9:52 AM

Well, bye, bye Mike. It was great having you as a Steeler. :(

BlitzburghRockCity
02-22-2012, 10:52 AM
At this point they really don't have much choice but to let him test the market. They will tender him the $2.7 million when the time comes but I honestly think as much as they love Wallace you may just have to let him walk and put your faith in Brown and Sanders.

They could get the deal done with him, I have no doubt of it, but the price might just not be worth it. I love Wallace as a Steeler, and his ability to get down field opened things up for Antonio Brown just like Santonio did for him a few years back. I would like an additional first round pick too.

LatrobePA
02-22-2012, 11:30 AM
IMO if someone is willing to give up a first round pick for him this team would be crazy not to take it, I love Wallace as well but how could you pass it up?

steelerzion
02-22-2012, 12:10 PM
O don't understand! Keeping Hines, Kemo, Hampton, etc.. and let Wallace go!!!! It's stupid!!

JensK
02-22-2012, 12:31 PM
O don't understand! Keeping Hines, Kemo, Hampton, etc.. and let Wallace go!!!! It's stupid!!

To be fair, they are not really forced to make the decision yet. They have until sometime in March to have all the salary issues fixed. I believe if they could offer him a deal which would give him like 4-6mil a year, they could find room for it. Especially if Polamalu, Big Ben and Harrison restructure their contracts. Obviously it is not fun for the Rooneys cause they have to pay a shitton of cash upfront this year, but it will solve a lot of issues. Also in terms of having some of all that money freed up the following years.

LatrobePA
02-22-2012, 12:48 PM
I wonder why it's so hard for this team to cut loose the old farts?? There's your money to keep Wallace...

K Train
02-22-2012, 12:50 PM
id hate to see him go but i am such a whore for an extra first round pick

LatrobePA
02-22-2012, 01:01 PM
id hate to see him go but i am such a whore for an extra first round pick

Right, I agree but would they do the right thing with it?

K Train
02-22-2012, 01:21 PM
well i mean they ****ing better! lol

Real Deal Steel
02-22-2012, 06:08 PM
Look, our front office has shown the ability to find wide receivers in later rounds of the draft. With that in mind, I think it would be best to let Wallace walk to the other team as long as we get that first round pick. We can then address both lines with those two first round picks and we can get another wide receiver gem in the later rounds.

We have two fast guys in Sanders and Brown. We could sure use a big body wide reciever who would be a great red zone target for Ben. It's about time we trust our front office's ability to draft well.

Steelers_All_Day_43
02-22-2012, 07:02 PM
Fxck man. I'm getting sick of letting our #1 WRs go. first Tone and now mike..? Smh

Real Deal Steel
02-22-2012, 07:13 PM
I hear ya but we have such a great need on the lines and we have a bit of a surplus at the Wide receiver position. Our nose tackle position is red alert and our O-line is a hot mess coupled with a lot of age in both.

JensK
02-22-2012, 09:49 PM
from nfl.com

Mike Wallace arguably is the greatest deep threat in football today, so you can safely assume he'll garner serious interest on the free-agent market if the Steelers can't lock up the wide receiver to a new contract.

Wallace visited SiriusXM NFL Radio on Wednesday to discuss his pending trip to restricted free agency. Specifically, he was asked if he'd be interested in playing for the 49ers or Patriots, two teams in dire need of a vertical threat like him.

"Most definitely. Those are two playoff-caliber teams. Super Bowl-caliber teams," said Wallace, who averaged 18.7 yards per catch in his first three NFL seasons. "I think that the right person or the right piece for those guys could put them over the top. All they need is one more piece ... most definitely, those are Super Bowl-contending teams."

But, Wallace later added, "I wouldn't want to go anywhere and leave the situation where I am at with a great quarterback, a great organization or go somewhere where I don't feel like I could succeed."

It's important to note Wallace didn't suggest San Francisco and New England as landing spots. He was asked a question about those teams, and he answered honestly. Nevertheless, this probably will cause all sorts of consternation in the Steel City, especially since Wallace also said "I definitely want to get my money," and Pittsburgh doesn't have the salary-cap room to use a $9 million franchise tag on him.

Meanwhile, the thought of Wallace effortlessly gliding under 60-yard bombs from Tom Brady just sent the majority of Jets fans into catatonic shock. Someone call Fireman Ed's emergency contact.

DIESELMAN
02-22-2012, 09:52 PM
The Steelers FO still has about 3 weeks to get under the cap and make room for Wallace. They have worked miracles before, I hope for the best, expect the worst.

steelers40xl
02-23-2012, 02:35 AM
Blackmon?

JensK
02-23-2012, 06:41 AM
Blackmon?

Blackmon is going in the top 5. Even with 2 first round picks we'd be lucky to get anywhere near him and even then we'd totally neglect all the actual needs we have.

Real Deal Steel
02-23-2012, 12:51 PM
We need a Big body WR. We have enough speed in Brown and Sanders.

Why can't the Chiefs tender Bowe the way we tender Wallace and then we swap Bowe for Wallace straight up? Both teams get what they want and everyone is happy. Of course both teams would work out long term deals for both the WR's but that can be done in a cap friendly way for both teams. This would be an upgrade at the WR position for us.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-28-2012, 10:27 AM
Everybody appears to have dropped out of the Wallace race at least for now. The only one who hasn't really said anything yet about their intentions is New England.

Things could change once free agency starts and unless the Steelers franchise Wallace, he could still get some attention from someone who has money to burn.

Wouldn't put it past the Patriots to make a run at Wallace either on draft day or before.

Real Deal Steel
02-28-2012, 11:07 AM
Everybody appears to have dropped out of the Wallace race at least for now. The only one who hasn't really said anything yet about their intentions is New England.

Things could change once free agency starts and unless the Steelers franchise Wallace, he could still get some attention from someone who has money to burn.

Wouldn't put it past the Patriots to make a run at Wallace either on draft day or before.

The Patriots ARE being very quiet. Which means their up to something. If we don't lock Wallace up, I fully expect them to make him an offer. Giving up a low first round draft pick for a proven commodity like Wallace only makes sense. It could propel them back to the Super Bowl if they tweek up the defense behind the move.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-28-2012, 02:27 PM
Plus the Pats always wheel and deal on draft day, they could offer the Steelers their first round pick, giving Pittsburgh 2 late first rounders and then somehow they could end up trading back up into the first. I wouldn't put it past them.

JollyRob68
02-28-2012, 03:01 PM
Fxck man. I'm getting sick of letting our #1 WRs go. first Tone and now mike..? Smh

Tone is proving it was the smartest decision and I'd take the extra pick for wallace. If you want a speed guy draft Stephen Hill and Tommy Streeter and It cost less.

Nolrog
02-28-2012, 07:42 PM

Santonio Holmes had to go. Look at the disaster he's become on the Jets. Did you want that here? Besides, trading him turned into Antonio Brown. Pretty good trade off, don't you think.

By the way, Wallace isn't the #1 receiver. Brown is much better than him, as an overall WR.

PITTxPRIDE
02-29-2012, 04:46 PM
Q: How Many Game Saving long Bombs has Ben had To Wallace?
A: too many

Real Deal Steel
02-29-2012, 08:42 PM
Q: How Many Game Saving long Bombs has Ben had To Wallace?
A: too many

You do know that Antonio Brown is just as fast as Wallace right? Plus Brown has proven to be a better route runner too. Just saying.

Ibleedblk&gld
02-29-2012, 08:52 PM
You do know that Antonio Brown is just as fast as Wallace right? Plus Brown has proven to be a better route runner too. Just saying.

Wallace also took the attention off of Brown in many occasions as well...love them both though

PITTxPRIDE
03-01-2012, 03:18 PM

i agree he is a better route runner, but i think wallac is faster... plus the way he burns CB's i mean brown is the ish but i think mike is too much of a Deep Threat

coldrolled
03-01-2012, 03:27 PM
look out now.....

Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Jerome Simpson could receive a 60-day jail sentence after pleading guilty Thursday to a drug-related felony charge as part of an agreement with prosecutors.

NFL.com's Mock Draft Central

With the combine now in the rearview, NFL.com analysts unveil their attempts at projecting how Round 1 will go on April 26. More ...

The four-year NFL veteran also faces a suspension from the league for violating its personal-conduct policy. He's a free agent after completing his contract with the Bengals.

Simpson wore a dark gray suit and stood with his hands in his pockets for a hearing Thursday in Kenton County Circuit Court aimed at concluding a drug case that has hung over him since September, when a package containing approximately 2 pounds of marijuana was delivered to his home in northern Kentucky.

coldrolled
03-01-2012, 04:05 PM
What did holmes get caught doing?? i dont think he was a felon with pounds of weed in possesion... his ash tray wasnt that big was it?

JollyRob68
03-01-2012, 04:20 PM
What did holmes get caught doing?? i dont think he was a felon with pounds of weed in possesion... his ash tray wasnt that big was it?

No not a felon. Just an IDIOT who smokes in his car and drives around instead of doing it behind closed doors at home. Plus he constantly failed drug test. He got a 4 game suspension and the next he'd be out of the league for a yr. No brainer to let him go however, a 3rd would of been nice.

JollyRob68
03-01-2012, 04:21 PM
The jets should of cut him and just signed Wallace.LMAO

coldrolled
03-01-2012, 04:26 PM
No not a felon. Just an IDIOT who smokes in his car and drives around instead of doing it behind closed doors at home. Plus he constantly failed drug test. He got a 4 game suspension and the next he'd be out of the league for a yr. No brainer to let him go however, a 3rd would of been nice.

So does Simpson get suspended for 6 weeks or more? he is a felon at this point.. The Bengals will be hard pressed for a WR now.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-05-2012, 12:39 AM
I'll tell ya what, and I know this is all pure conjecture still but Rex Ryan would probably love to make a huge bid to try and bring in Wallace if they could swing it. With Santonio's issues and the Jets issues on offense it wouldn't be that far fetched of an idea.

Real Deal Steel
03-05-2012, 09:57 AM
I'll tell ya what, and I know this is all pure conjecture still but Rex Ryan would probably love to make a huge bid to try and bring in Wallace if they could swing it. With Santonio's issues and the Jets issues on offense it wouldn't be that far fetched of an idea.

That is a very logical assumption. I could see the Jets as well as the Patriots signing Wallace to an offer sheet. Sanchez needs weapons and if they don't get Manning (which I think they won't) then they will be desperate to surround him with as many great weapons as possible. Bottom line is that I think SOMEONE is going to sign Wallace.

LatrobePA
03-05-2012, 10:06 AM
The Jets need a QB not a WR, they don't want Wallace they want Manning!!

Real Deal Steel
03-05-2012, 10:16 AM
The Jets need a WR too. Plexico is done. And to think they are going to get Manning over the Dolphins or Arizona is reaching. The best thing the Jets can do is surround the kid with good players. They need a better runningback because Greene is an absolute sloth and the need a better WR opposite Holmes. Then they need to upgrade their offensive line. They do all that, and Sanchez will be okay. But because their the Jets, I hope they don't do it. :)

LatrobePA
03-05-2012, 10:26 AM
Like Sanchez I think Wallace is average at best... Too much is being made over Mike, he's not elite nor is he close at this point, I wouldn't give up a good first for him!

coldrolled
03-05-2012, 10:40 AM
That is a very logical assumption. I could see the Jets as well as the Patriots signing Wallace to an offer sheet. Sanchez needs weapons and if they don't get Manning (which I think they won't) then they will be desperate to surround him with as many great weapons as possible. Bottom line is that I think SOMEONE is going to sign Wallace.

who really wants manning...?? he is one hit away from the IR.. He needs to hang up the cleats.

Real Deal Steel
03-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Desperate teams like the Redskins, Jets , Cardinals and Dolphins will take a chance on Manning's bad neck.

connecticutsteel
03-05-2012, 12:02 PM
The Ravens said they aren't interested and the Jets shouldn't take him sanchez can't throw that far

BlitzburghRockCity
03-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Pats appear to be out of the running, one would think, since they will franchise Welker by the 4 pm. EST. I'd never put anything past Bill Belichick but the Steelers shouldn't have an issue with Wallace getting any significant offers at this point unless somebody comes out of the woodwork within that 7 day grace period.

coldrolled
03-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Bears, Bengals, 49ers... One of these three...

JollyRob68
03-05-2012, 04:20 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Chicago in the mix for Wallace. They could sign Ward and then go after Wallace. Some people were saying that its a team like Jacksonville or Tampa that might go after Wallace and possibly bring in Ward.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-06-2012, 02:04 PM
Chicago could be all over Wallace, many are projecting them to go after a receiver in the first round anyways but who knows if they'd be willing to give up their pick plus give Wallace all that money. That's the problem with these RFA's, it's a huge price to pay in one year. A 2nd round pick, eh, that's not quite as bad or of course any lower round pick but 1st round is steep.

LatrobePA
03-06-2012, 02:22 PM
I say he's a Ram...

Real Deal Steel
03-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Latrobe, I hope your right.

After the Rams trade down to say, # 6 in the first round, they can forward that pick right to us for Wallace and I'd be very happy with it. Because we could then trade down with that pick ourselves to say, # 11-14 and still get who we want while picking up an additional second round pick ourselves.

cmerrifield
03-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Latrobe, I hope your right.

After the Rams trade down to say, # 6 in the first round, they can forward that pick right to us for Wallace and I'd be very happy with it. Because we could then trade down with that pick ourselves to say, # 11-14 and still get who we want while picking up an additional second round pick ourselves.

That cannot happen according to CBA. The draft compensation has to be the original pick or better, it cannot be a worse pick. So if the Rams trade out, they are out of the Wallace race, just like the Saints can't go after Wallace because they do not have a first rounder.

BR7
03-06-2012, 04:13 PM
The Ravens said they aren't interested and the Jets shouldn't take him sanchez can't throw that far

:lol:

Real Deal Steel
03-06-2012, 06:36 PM
Oh that was mean. hahahahahaha

Real Deal Steel
03-12-2012, 12:13 PM
Okay...on the eve of free agency, we are at Wallace watch 2012. My take:

Let's stop fooling ourselves. SOMEONE is going to sign Wallace to an offer sheet. There are too many teams with multiple first round picks or teams that need wide receiver help. So to me, these are the candidates:

1. Browns-they need weapons for whoever is going to be their starting QB. Wallace is well worth their second first round pick.
2. Rams-they've moved down to the # 6 spot and Wallace is just the proven down field commodity they need. Would you take Wallace (proven commodity) over Blackmon (unproven and not as fast as Wallace) ? Hell yeah!
3. Patriots-The Super Bowl exposed to the nation how they have no downfield threat. Wallace would be the perfect thing to strecth the field so Welker and the tight ends can work the middle.

These are the three most likely suspects but let's not forget the Bengals too. They need to add something to thier WR corps and Wallace across from A.J. Green is downright scary to think about in theory. Gentlemen, hold on to your fruit of the looms because it's going to get rough on the ride within the next 48 hours.

coldrolled
03-12-2012, 12:17 PM
Bears... Why would they take a third best WR at #19 when they could get Wallace??

If they really need a WR. The bears have to be the #1 runner for him.

Real Deal Steel
03-12-2012, 12:29 PM
I see your logic on the Bears. But for Chicago, in that type of weather in December, they want the BIG wide reciever. That's why they covet Vincent Jackson..Jackson is big and somewhat fast. That's why mock drafts have them looking at Malcolm Floyd too. Big AND fast is what Chicago wants.

Wallace is smaller and more slight of build for them. But your train of thought is absolutely correct...the Bears will either get their guy in free agency or they will take Malcolm Floyd in the draft. They could even go to that big WR from Georgia Tech everyone is raving about.

They are going to upgrade Cutler's weapons.

K Train
03-12-2012, 12:44 PM
bears would be idea for wallace, cutler has that arm to get him the ball deep in space. wallace and hester is ridiculous speed on the outside

stephen hill looks nice lately but wallace is better for any team over every WR in the drat except maybe floyd imo, but blackmon, stephen hill, kendall wright, reuben randel would all be riskier than wallace

Real Deal Steel
03-12-2012, 01:03 PM
There are just too many teams to think one won't offer Wallace an offer sheet.

coldrolled
03-12-2012, 01:24 PM
There are just too many teams to think one won't offer Wallace an offer sheet.

your right, but to give up your only #1 pick for a WR you really need a receiver bad.

so its either the bears or a team with 2 #1 picks. so we are down to like 4 teams.

so we will sign wallace and we really need to get two solid players in FA.. we have holes.

Real Deal Steel
03-12-2012, 02:44 PM
The Bears and Rams are two teams that need WR really badly.

strummerfan
03-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Cross San fran off the list, they just signed Randy Moss.

LatrobePA
03-13-2012, 12:43 AM
Ryan Clark said on NFLC he doesn't expect Wallace will be back. I'd say Bears or Rams will land him and way over pay!

Real Deal Steel
03-13-2012, 12:54 AM
Pllllleeeeeaaaase let it be the Rams.

connecticutsteel
03-13-2012, 01:31 AM
No way the rams give up there pick for Wallace but i think someone will probably the pats cause they have 2 picks in the 1st this year. which is fine then we can bag a lineman plus Hightower or trade both picks to move up to Poe

connecticutsteel
03-13-2012, 01:33 AM
bears would be idea for wallace, cutler has that arm to get him the ball deep in space. wallace and hester is ridiculous speed on the outside

stephen hill looks nice lately but wallace is better for any team over every WR in the drat except maybe floyd imo, but blackmon, stephen hill, kendall wright, reuben randel would all be riskier than wallace

riskier but not cheaper.But it is safe to say that Wallace won't be a Steeler.

Real Deal Steel
03-13-2012, 12:22 PM
The only thing I'd like to ask of Wallace is that he take the tender of the team with the higher first round draft pick. Could you do that for us Mike? :)

coldrolled
03-13-2012, 12:42 PM
No way the rams give up there pick for Wallace but i think someone will probably the pats cause they have 2 picks in the 1st this year. which is fine then we can bag a lineman plus Hightower or trade both picks to move up to Poe

Barron or Konz and Hightower no trading, we have holes to fill. 2nd round Guard or OT..

Real Deal Steel
03-13-2012, 12:47 PM
Again,

If your the Rams, why would you use the # 6 pick in the draft on a shorter, slower , unproven wide receiver (Blackmon) when you could get Wallace who is faster, a bit taller and proven? Blackmon may be the better route runner. But that's it.

LatrobePA
03-13-2012, 12:57 PM
I don't think the Rams are done trading their 1st pick...

coldrolled
03-13-2012, 01:22 PM
I don't think the Rams are done trading their 1st pick...

the bears at #19 would be our best chance. other than that it will be a pick below ours and i bet we would match the offer.

but maybe we let him go either way. who knows..

LatrobePA
03-13-2012, 01:25 PM
To me it would be hard to not take any 1st round pick for him, he makes me nervous... One injury away from being slow and average at best!

JollyRob68
03-13-2012, 03:11 PM
Again,

If your the Rams, why would you use the # 6 pick in the draft on a shorter, slower , unproven wide receiver (Blackmon) when you could get Wallace who is faster, a bit taller and proven? Blackmon may be the better route runner. But that's it.

My thoughts on the Rams is that they would call Pittsburgh about a sign & trade and Offer their two second rounders or a 2nd and 3rd. They have the 33rd and 39th pick. I think they'd offer 33rd and 3rd rounder. I'd ask for Roger Saffold & 33rd pick

Real Deal Steel
03-13-2012, 03:56 PM
My thoughts on the Rams is that they would call Pittsburgh about a sign & trade and Offer their two second rounders or a 2nd and 3rd. They have the 33rd and 39th pick. I think they'd offer 33rd and 3rd rounder. I'd ask for Roger Saffold & 33rd pick

Forget that. If they sign him, their on the hook for the first rounder. I want that first rounder because we need starters in a couple of spots on the lines. Not guys who have to hit the weights and then contribute NEXT year.

Real Deal Steel
03-13-2012, 03:57 PM
That Ravens offensive line has handled us too decently last season for me. We need to add a stud on that D-line and we need to upgrade the O-line because Ngata is too effective against us.

coldrolled
03-13-2012, 04:03 PM
That Ravens offensive line has handled us too decently last season for me. We need to add a stud on that D-line and we need to upgrade the O-line because Ngata is too effective against us.

Your right Konz and Hightower move Pouncey over.

Watching the Denver game. We really need a CB in FA..

2 round NT

JollyRob68
03-13-2012, 04:09 PM
Forget that. If they sign him, their on the hook for the first rounder. I want that first rounder because we need starters in a couple of spots on the lines. Not guys who have to hit the weights and then contribute NEXT year.

The 33rd pick is like a late first rounder and talent will slip. If the were able to get Saffold a starting tackle they coveted its a win win for The Steelers.

coldrolled
03-13-2012, 04:20 PM
The 33rd pick is like a late first rounder and talent will slip. If the were able to get Saffold a starting tackle they coveted its a win win for The Steelers.

The Bears could be the first team Williams visits, and it might be the only team. It’s believed Chicago will go hard after him. The Bears are also expected to pursue wide receiver Vincent Jackson, and it could end up being an either/or type of situation for the team.

LatrobePA
03-13-2012, 04:29 PM
The Bears could be the first team Williams visits, and it might be the only team. It’s believed Chicago will go hard after him. The Bears are also expected to pursue wide receiver Vincent Jackson, and it could end up being an either/or type of situation for the team.

Williams and Jackson are both high on the Bears list..

coldrolled
03-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Williams and Jackson are both high on the Bears list..

If Jackson goes to the Bears. Does Wallace get a deal from San Diego we get #18

cmerrifield
03-13-2012, 04:59 PM
Marshall just got traded to the Bears. So does that mean Miami may go for Wallace?

sent from my Evo using tapatalk

coldrolled
03-13-2012, 05:01 PM
Marshall just got traded to the Bears. So does that mean Miami may go for Wallace?

sent from my Evo using tapatalk

Dolphins are #8 i doubt it...

LatrobePA
03-13-2012, 05:13 PM
Jags may also be in play for wallace..

Steeler4life
03-13-2012, 05:44 PM
Dolphins are #8 i doubt it...

Hmm, possibly. The report says it adds to the draft 'Warchest' the fins are stocking and getting Wallace gives them someone with a few years under his belt yet still young, is he worth a #8? Don't know. Possibly the Fins already know they aren't getting Manning because Marshall was their deep threat but they obviously think or know they can or will be getting an upgrade there. Perhaps they are making more room to bring in manning and others manning wants but I don't know, that would mean they would be getting a bit older. Who the hell knows what the fins are doing. I'm down here in South Florida and most don't even know. I wouldn't be suprised if Wallace is on their radar.

SteelDad
03-13-2012, 06:23 PM
Wallace on plane to SF. This is going to happen real fast folks one way or the other.

coldrolled
03-13-2012, 06:27 PM
Hmm, possibly. The report says it adds to the draft 'Warchest' the fins are stocking and getting Wallace gives them someone with a few years under his belt yet still young, is he worth a #8? Don't know. Possibly the Fins already know they aren't getting Manning because Marshall was their deep threat but they obviously think or know they can or will be getting an upgrade there. Perhaps they are making more room to bring in manning and others manning wants but I don't know, that would mean they would be getting a bit older. Who the hell knows what the fins are doing. I'm down here in South Florida and most don't even know. I wouldn't be suprised if Wallace is on their radar.

Im in Fort Myers Beach I know.

The Dolphins are very reactive and make some crazy moves thats for sure.

Steeler4life
03-13-2012, 06:57 PM
Im in Fort Myers Beach I know.

The Dolphins are very reactive and make some crazy moves that's for sure.

Tell me about it. I grew up in NJ around the Giants and Jets, well forget the Jets, they make crazy moves all the time but the Giants have always seemed more stable in their philosophy. Being here for 11 years now, watching all the shenanigans with the Fins just makes it even better that I am a Steelers fan!

In terms of the crazy things the Fins do, giving up the #8 for Wallace, well, that does fit their padded walls mentality.

connecticutsteel
03-13-2012, 09:11 PM
Wallace isn't going anywhere .I wonder what happens if Wallace holds out because the Steelers don't offer him enough money do we lose the tender if someone eventually signs him next year?

Number99
03-13-2012, 09:33 PM
San Diego might be in play for Wallace now that VJax signed with Tampa.

LatrobePA
03-13-2012, 10:29 PM
San Diego might be in play for Wallace now that VJax signed with Tampa.

Yes sir I just saw that.. All the real good ones are being snagged!

strummerfan
03-13-2012, 10:40 PM
Wallace is probably out of our price range now.

Real Deal Steel
03-14-2012, 03:08 AM
Wallace HAS BEEN out of our price range. I"m thinking that after Brandon Lloyd, Wallace will be approached.

Danger DANJ
03-14-2012, 01:16 PM
The word is Brandon Lloyd is visiting with the 49ers today. So, they are still looking for WR help beyond Moss. If the 49ers sign Lloyd, I'd expect the Pats to go after Wallace. I wouldn't be surprised if Wallace had a visit with the 49ers as well. There was an interview with Wallace a few weeks ago and he mentioned the 49ers and Pats as places he'd like to go if he couldn't stay with the Steelers.

strummerfan
03-14-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm beginning to think as Steeler fans we might be overvaluing Wallace a bit.

Real Deal Steel
03-14-2012, 02:33 PM
Smart teams wait until all the big bidding is done. Then they come in and buy the bargins. After Lloyd has done his deal someplace, Wallace will be the best WR available. Then you'll see some action from someone.

LatrobePA
03-14-2012, 02:44 PM
I'm beginning to think as Steeler fans we might be overvaluing Wallace a bit.

Bingo! One trick pony for sure IMO, one injury away from being slow and a dud!

coldrolled
03-14-2012, 04:17 PM
Bengals flying in Raiders Bush not Wallace.

LatrobePA
03-14-2012, 04:23 PM
Bengals flying in Raiders Bush not Wallace.

Ouch, I want Bush (the player of course)!!