PDA

View Full Version : Dallas will contact Bill Cowher about coaching vacancy...

Troyisabeast_43
01-23-2007, 11:19 PM
Dont be surprised if Jerry Jones puts an offer out there for Cowher that he just wont be able to refuse. Something along the lines of close to 10 million a year. I for one hope Cowher would bit the bullet and take it because he would look like the biggest hyprocritical piece of **** walking the earth if he takes this job after all the crap he pulled here this past year and all the stuff with his family. If he takes this Dallas job I will literally hate Cowher's guts and lose any respect I have left for him. I came on here and said 2 weeks ago dont be surprised if the Steelers choose Tomlin as their coach when he first interviewed. Dont be shocked if Cowher becomes the next coach in Dallas this year it can indeed happen because money talks especially with Bill Cowher.

big d
01-23-2007, 11:20 PM
I hope cowher gets the job, here's the reason why. If the raiders got two number ones and two number twos for jon gruden, we should get way more then that.

House of Steel
01-23-2007, 11:22 PM
He does that, and I swear to God, Pittsburgh will be in a hellish rage with him. 15 years of coaching the Steelers won't mean a damn thing to anyone in that city or in the Steeler Nation. If he was smart, he stay in retirement to avoid getting murdered. I am not saying it to be a smartass, I am sure there are a few nuts in Pittsburgh that would pull that stunt off.

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-23-2007, 11:24 PM
No surprise here. It was long expected Jones was going to make a run at cowher. Jones has a new stadium being built. Jones will want to win now. So expect Cowher to at least listen.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-23-2007, 11:51 PM
No surprise here. It was long expected Jones was going to make a run at cowher. Jones has a new stadium being built. Jones will want to win now. So expect Cowher to at least listen.

:iagree: and don't think for 1 second that teams like Miami, Atlanta, and Oakland haven't already tried to contact or contacted Bill about coaching for them because you know they atleast tried.

I would hope Bill would have enough common sense to realize that Jerry Jones is a 180 degree turn from the Rooney's way of thinking and treating their staff. If he thinks for 1 second that Dallas would be the place to resume his career he should have his head examined.

All I need to know when I see a team like Dallas is.. Terrel Owens and Jerry Jones, there's no amount of money if Im Cowher that would pull me into that mess.

SteelerFan87
01-24-2007, 12:04 AM
What if Cowher goes there just so we can get the draft picks, then quits after 1 year? Not likely, but I'm just saying.

Steelersfan
01-24-2007, 12:07 AM
Go for it Bill! Get us all those draft picks!.....lol We have a new coach now and I could care less where Bill goes. I'd love for him to go somewhere this year so we can get something out of it.

Steelx
01-24-2007, 12:11 AM
Go for it Bill! Get us all those draft picks!.....lol We have a new coach now and I could care less where Bill goes. I'd love for him to go somewhere this year so we can get something out of it.Thats exactly how I see it he wanted to leave and he left. If he is going to come back for money thats his choice. Bring on some picks and players (ALA MARION BARBER III or JULIUS JONES) and maybe you can give us the next 3 years first rounders.

House of Steel
01-24-2007, 12:40 AM
I can clearly see where Dan is coming from as well as others on both sides of this opinion. This is clearly an eye opener, but in reality, I don't think Bill would bite this bait.

Friday133
01-24-2007, 12:42 AM
Bill Cowher can get bent for all I care.

Ambridge
01-24-2007, 02:17 AM
:iagree: and don't think for 1 second that teams like Miami, Atlanta, and Oakland haven't already tried to contact or contacted Bill about coaching for them because you know they atleast tried.

I would hope Bill would have enough common sense to realize that Jerry Jones is a 180 degree turn from the Rooney's way of thinking and treating their staff. If he thinks for 1 second that Dallas would be the place to resume his career he should have his head examined.

All I need to know when I see a team like Dallas is.. Terrel Owens and Jerry Jones, there's no amount of money if Im Cowher that would pull me into that mess.

That is so true.
Jerry Jones is the "Al Davis Lite" version of NFL owners and Cowher would get what he deserves if he were foolish enough to stick his foot in that snake pit.

Besides being the owner I believe Jerry Jones is the GM in Dallas as well which is another unsavory part of the deal.............the daily Dallas media scrutiny and the circus press conferences that Bill would have to endure and there's no way he going to "Bully" that press corp down there.......and then throw in having to deal with an Idiot the likes of TO????? It would be crazy.

One thing to think about if Bill did go to Dallas. Sure we would get some very high draft choices but how would that impact the salary cap if all of a sudden the Steelers have to pay for two extra #1 draft choices??

Steelersfan
01-24-2007, 02:30 AM
Simple, you trade the extra picks for either a good FA or for more picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. If you think of 1 first and 1 second over the next 3-4 years it wouldn't be that bad. Especially when we are picking last all the time.....lol

Hburg
01-24-2007, 03:02 AM
Geographically the strongest contender for Bill to coach at would be the Panthers.

Much of the poor attitude/play of the team this year I chalked up to Cowher's uncertainty within himself and to his players and the organization which is a main factor in what so overtly appeared to be his loss of "fire" on the sidelines. I noticed it in the preseason and it worried me then and I continued to see a similar attitude from him the rest of the season. It was not until the last desperate stretch that I saw even a hint of that same fire but by then it was too little too late (in every sense of the term). After growing up watching the fiery Cowher coach the team I loved it irked me to see him remain so blaise on the sidelines.

To save face I would think Cowher would have to take at least a few years (2-4) off since one of the major factors he attributed to his desire to retire was to be there for his youngest daughter as she finished high school. Jerry Jones I have said before appears to be going down the road to becoming the George Steinbrenner of the NFL.

BuFu

big d
01-24-2007, 10:34 AM
Geographically the strongest contender for Bill to coach at would be the Panthers.

Much of the poor attitude/play of the team this year I chalked up to Cowher's uncertainty within himself and to his players and the organization which is a main factor in what so overtly appeared to be his loss of "fire" on the sidelines. I noticed it in the preseason and it worried me then and I continued to see a similar attitude from him the rest of the season. It was not until the last desperate stretch that I saw even a hint of that same fire but by then it was too little too late (in every sense of the term). After growing up watching the fiery Cowher coach the team I loved it irked me to see him remain so blaise on the sidelines.

To save face I would think Cowher would have to take at least a few years (2-4) off since one of the major factors he attributed to his desire to retire was to be there for his youngest daughter as she finished high school. Jerry Jones I have said before appears to be going down the road to becoming the George Steinbrenner of the NFL.

BuFu
I have to agree with you, I've been a steeler fan for 20 years and i've never seen such a lack of discpline. Cowher has to keep in mind of some super bowl winning coaches that left and didnt win another superbowl after they came back, Joe Gibbs, Mike Holmgren, Vince Lombardi and even bill parcells just to name a few. I think Cowher had it made here. It's unfortunate that money came in the way of his future with the steelers. Personally I would take less money to have the job security of the pope.

AZ_Steeler
01-24-2007, 10:53 AM
If this is something that Cowher does go through with and does become the coach then we will definitely have our answer as to why he "resigned". One thing though is Jones isn't afraid to spend the money and get what he wants, Cowher going to Dallas though could be very beneficial to the Steelers have you all have already touched on.

58Lambert
01-24-2007, 12:58 PM
I would love to see Cowher go to another team this season... draft picks, draft picks, draft picks. The Pittsburgh Steelers are now on the clock... the Steelers select Paul Posluszny, linebacker from Penn State University!!!! :helmet: :tt02:
Hey, a man can dream can't he?!?! :yesnod:

BBG7
01-24-2007, 01:33 PM
I would hate him, but love the draft picks. I don't see him taking this route. I definately saw the Cowboys as a possiblity for '08 but I don't see Cowher making his comeback this year, esp. after making the family thing such a big deal.

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-24-2007, 01:57 PM
Money talks bs walks. Especially if Jones is willing to allow cowher to commute from his carolina home.

K Train
01-24-2007, 06:40 PM
it could go kinda like saban screwing the dolphins over....the draft picks would be sweet though.....if he did sign with dallas, especially this year, he wouldnt have to worry about commuting....his house would be burned down

K Train
01-25-2007, 12:00 AM
the more i think about it....wouldnt it be sweet to get an insane package for cowher.....1st rounder, barber, ware....how cool would that be lol

Koopa
01-25-2007, 12:02 AM
jones would not be that stupid to give up some pretty bad *** players for an overrated coach..........plus they hired jason garrett to either be the OC or head coach lol......they'll probably interview a few more ppl though........

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-25-2007, 12:12 AM
Heard Merrill Hoge on the radio today saying he talked with BC within the last few days. Basically he said that BC is going to be taking at least 2-3 yrs off to watch his girls play ball...:dunno: If that 2-3 yr time frame is right is that enough time for Tomlin to crash and burn and then have BC come back ridng a white horse to save the team??? :stirpot:

K Train
01-25-2007, 12:14 AM
tomlin wont crash and burn dont say that lol

SteelerNation
01-25-2007, 12:21 AM
I DO NOT SEE COWER GOING BUT ANYWAYS I SEE PEOPLE SAYING THEY WILL HATE BILL. BUT LET BILL GO HIS ERA IS DONE AND GONE WITH HE WAS A LEGEND WITH US AND AWAYS WILL BE EVEN IF HE GOING TO CLEVELAND. ITS THE POINT IM TRYING TO MAKE.

BILL IS GOING TO COACH WITH A DIFFERENT TEAM HE ALREADY SAID HE WAS RIGHT WHEN HE RETIRED HE ALSO SAID HE KNOWS HE CANT COACH WITH THE STEELERS NO MORE.

SO FOR THE FIRST TIMMERS GET OVER IT BILL IS GONE AND GOING SOMEWHERE ELES.....

Koopa
01-25-2007, 12:24 AM
Heard Merrill Hoge on the radio today saying he talked with BC within the last few days. Basically he said that BC is going to be taking at least 2-3 yrs off to watch his girls play ball...:dunno: If that 2-3 yr time frame is right is that enough time for Tomlin to crash and burn and then have BC come back ridng a white horse to save the team??? :stirpot:

lol, cowher will never be our coach again.........no matter what...........

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-25-2007, 12:34 AM
SO FOR THE FIRST TIMMERS GET OVER IT BILL IS GONE AND GOING SOMEWHERE ELES.....

Look at the pot calling the kettle black....:lol:

SteelerNation
01-25-2007, 12:42 AM
lol ;)

BlackGold4vr
01-25-2007, 01:04 AM
I loved Bill Cowher as the Steelers HC! He was one of the greatest motivators in the NFL. But he was not a great strategist and X's and O's guy. It hurt to watch him go through this last year completely detached and emotionless! I believe the only game where he remotely looked like his old self was the last one against the Bengals. He should have retired with Jerome after the Superbowl! He is NEVER coming back! And furthermore I would not want him to! 2 years ago, AFC championship in Pittsburgh after a 15 -1 season, we lost because we were outcoached! If any of you taped that game against the Patriots, go watch it! I think we passed on first down in that game once! Even the commentators were astonished that the Steelers never adapted their game plan after seeing it wasn't working! I thought Bill and his staff were outcoached in that game, not outplayed! I have talked with many Steeler fans who agree with me! 2-4 in AFC championships, 1-1 in Superbowls. 4 times we were the #1 seed and all 4 times we were sent packing under Cowher. Sometimes change is exactly what is needed! I am stoked about the upcoming season! It is not the end of the road for the Steelers! We have a young team with a championship nucleus and a new coach who is another intense defensive minded motivator!

:tt02:

Steelersfan
01-25-2007, 01:55 AM
I loved Bill Cowher as the Steelers HC! He was one of the greatest motivators in the NFL. But he was not a great strategist and X's and O's guy. It hurt to watch him go through this last year completely detached and emotionless! I believe the only game where he remotely looked like his old self was the last one against the Bengals. He should have retired with Jerome after the Superbowl! He is NEVER coming back! And furthermore I would not want him to! 2 years ago, AFC championship in Pittsburgh after a 15 -1 season, we lost because we were outcoached! If any of you taped that game against the Patriots, go watch it! I think we passed on first down in that game once! Even the commentators were astonished that the Steelers never adapted their game plan after seeing it wasn't working! I thought Bill and his staff were outcoached in that game, not outplayed! I have talked with many Steeler fans who agree with me! 2-4 in AFC championships, 1-1 in Superbowls. 4 times we were the #1 seed and all 4 times we were sent packing under Cowher. Sometimes change is exactly what is needed! I am stoked about the upcoming season! It is not the end of the road for the Steelers! We have a young team with a championship nucleus and a new coach who is another intense defensive minded motivator!

:tt02:

I have to agree with you! Cowher has been out coached more than once....lol I'm really excited about this coming season and seeing what we have with our new coach.