PDA

View Full Version : Another possibility for Rooney/Cowher...

58Lambert
01-23-2007, 06:24 PM
I realize Tomlin is our new official HC. I’m glad he’s on board and everything is already a done deal.

I know this might sound like a crazy idea… but, I just wonder if it ever crossed the Rooney’s or even Cowher’s mind to let Cowher take one year off and have him come back to the Steelers one year from now. In the meantime, the Steelers could have a temporary in-house HC in the meantime. I mean if Cowher was only planning on taking 1 year off from coaching, why not return to the Steelers… unless he didn’t want to be part of the Steelers anymore, even at a higher salary. We already know the Rooney’s wanted to extend his contract anyway.
I couldn’t help thinking about that, it’s just like a very long vacation.

Koopa
01-23-2007, 06:33 PM
well since ppl say cowher doesn't like art i doubt it, and then the rooneys will be in some **** with everyone by hiring a coach and then firing him.....we will never see cowher in black and gold again

PITT23
01-23-2007, 06:38 PM
I highly doubt it. Whoever would be the "interim" coach would have no respect from the players and we'd fall so far behind this year that it would take a few more years to get back to an elite level.

AZ_Steeler
01-23-2007, 06:49 PM
This is wishful thinking because like Iceman said we will never see Cowher on the sidelines again! There is that chnace he might return for a desk job but that is probably wishful think too!

Koopa
01-23-2007, 06:53 PM
This is wishful thinking because like Iceman said we will never see Cowher on the sidelines again! There is that chnace he might return for a desk job but that is probably wishful think too!

omg, someone actually said iceman without adding koop somewhere there lol

and naw, he won't even be here for a desk job, the next time he's where black and gold is when he goes to the hall of fame

58Lambert
01-23-2007, 06:59 PM
It was just a crazy thought... GO TOMLIN BABY!!!! :tt02: :touchdownrun:

:steelersrocksign:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-23-2007, 08:00 PM
That would never happen, you can be sure of that. The Rooneys' do things the way they've always done them, they wouldn't put their team in a state of flux and basically give up a year just to wait on Bill Cowher to take a vacation while the rest of the organization continues to work. Since Cowher wanted to leave the team has moved on.

BlitzburghNation
01-23-2007, 09:20 PM
Hate to see him go like alot of us ,,,,,But I don't think Bill will ever coach the steelers again :nono:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-23-2007, 09:26 PM
I think it's a safe assumption that BC will never coach for the Steelers again as well.

Steelerlyn
01-23-2007, 09:33 PM
He may be coaching on th eopposing sidelines someday, though. I see him more as a nfl network or a Espn or just a network kinda guy. I Could be wrong, of course:)

BlitzburghRockCity
01-23-2007, 09:35 PM
I really can't imagine BC not coaching anymore in the league. Maybe Im wrong but after he's gone for awhile he'll be back somewhere. I'd think he would make a helluva college coach IMO.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-23-2007, 09:38 PM
Bill Cowher will coach again thats for sure. He is to young to stay retired. I say 1 or 2 years at most that he stays away from coaching. I think we will see Coach Cowher on some network next year talking pigskin.