PDA

View Full Version : Ariens promoted to OC

Black@Gold Forever32
01-23-2007, 04:14 AM
I don't know if this has been posted.

Koopa
01-23-2007, 04:16 AM
it kinda was, but i didn't know if i should, but i'm glad you did, it's good to know that tomlin ain't just coming in and doing what everyone feared but doing what i knew he would do lol.......

Black@Gold Forever32
01-23-2007, 04:18 AM
it kinda was, but i didn't know if i should, but i'm glad you did, it's good to know that tomlin ain't just coming in and doing what everyone feared but doing what i knew he would do lol.......

The damn link I had wasn't working so I deleted so if somebody can get a link that would be helpful.

Koopa
01-23-2007, 04:21 AM
http://postgazette.com/pg/07023/755980-66.stm

maybe that one will work

Prosdo
01-23-2007, 04:44 AM
Congrats to Arians!

DIESELMAN
01-23-2007, 06:11 AM
Sweet!!!! Congrats Bruce!!! :toot:

Now Tomlins got to get the rest of the staff lined out and get ready for the draft.

Stairwayto7
01-23-2007, 08:41 AM
Congrats! I`m sure Ben will be happy!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-23-2007, 10:24 AM
This was the logical choice, I was hoping he'd make Ariens our next OC. He worked alot with Whiz over the last few years plus he knows our guys so this is a good move. Now we need a WR coach too.

AZ_Steeler
01-23-2007, 11:14 AM
I am feeling a little more relieved :banana: This will be huge for Ben and the rest of the offense...

Congrats Bruce!! :clap:

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-23-2007, 01:12 PM
Ugg not crazy over this move. Nothing good has come out of temple.

House of Steel
01-23-2007, 01:14 PM
you mean Cleveland too. Give him a chance, dude. Maybe he got something good coming out of him finally.

Blitzburgh55
01-23-2007, 01:14 PM
Ugg not crazy over this move. Nothing good has come out of temple.

Ryan Wallace :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-23-2007, 01:15 PM
you mean Cleveland too. Give him a chance, dude. Maybe he got something good coming out of him finally.

The guy has worked with alot of good WR's in his time here,he knows the offense, I think he'll make a good OC for us. There will be an adjustment time but he's had alot of great training influence from his mentors on staff and previously.

Friday133
01-23-2007, 01:15 PM
I agree Philly. Ariens didn't do that great when he was OC of the Browns. I don't understand why there needs to be so many holdovers from Cowher's staff. I don't think it would harm Ben if someone new came in.

Koopa
01-23-2007, 03:29 PM
not like it really matters, we are going back to old steelers football and that's run run run maybe a pass but run run run.........

TEEMONT
01-23-2007, 03:34 PM
I agree Philly. Ariens didn't do that great when he was OC of the Browns. I don't understand why there needs to be so many holdovers from Cowher's staff. I don't think it would harm Ben if someone new came in.

Not too many people though Belichek was a good coach when he was with Cleve either. Not that Arians will end up with that kind of success, but he didn't really have any tools (well good ones) in cleve.

Friday133
01-23-2007, 03:42 PM
Belichick = Old Browns, good team, got screwed.

Ariens = New Browns, ****** team.

Steelerlyn
01-23-2007, 04:53 PM
Don't dismiss Bruce Arians who is one of the better teachers in the league - remember this is the guy who was Peyton Manning's first QB coach in the league and set him on his way before moving to Cleveland as OC and getting them to their only playoff appearance (yep, that playoff game in '02 at Heinz Field where they scared the crap out of everyone before succumbing to Tommy Maddox) since their rebirth. He's a good coach. That was definitely the most exciting game I ever witnessed!

Steelx
01-23-2007, 05:51 PM
I dont like this move at all. This guy is not worth the time in my eyes they should have brought in someone from the college ranks to give them a try. I dont like this and I am going on record saying he will be the first steelers coach let go during the Tomlin stay.

BlitzburghNation
01-23-2007, 06:01 PM
I am feeling a little more relieved :banana: This will be huge for Ben and the rest of the offense...

Congrats Bruce!! :clap:

:iagree:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-23-2007, 08:13 PM
Not too many people though Belichek was a good coach when he was with Cleve either. Not that Arians will end up with that kind of success, but he didn't really have any tools (well good ones) in cleve.

I agree ! Surely you can't sit here and say that a guy isn't a good OC because he wasn't successful when he was with the Browns ! I mean comon, nobody is successful with the browns, gimme a break ! The browns have been consistent at nothing other than under achieving and losing for a LONG time now. That's no t Ariens fault, they have had little talent on that team for a decade now up until recently when they started drafting some good players who just don't work out or get injured all the time.

SteelerFan87
01-23-2007, 11:16 PM
Now keep Whipple as QB coach and all will be good. :crossfingers:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-23-2007, 11:48 PM
Whipple is the other one I was worried about keeping because with a new head coach now on board, having some familiar faces to help with the transition is a good thing if you ask me.

Our staff will already have fresh new faces in it with Grimm, Spencer, Hoak, and Cowher gone so it's not like we're retaining everyone. Personally I'd like it if he kept everybody on board now, and mixed in with the new faces Tomlin will have to hire it could work out very nicely for us. Enough change to give fresh faces and ideas a chance but not so much that we end up trying to rebuild everything that our current staff has put together and got us to a super bowl with.

Captcoolhand
01-24-2007, 07:34 PM
Bruce Arians is a Joke :banging: I can't believe they promoted him.
I'm telling you now
They are setting him up to be the fall guy

SteelerFan87
01-24-2007, 07:39 PM
I heard we got or are going to get Ken Anderson as our QB coach. All I can say if that is true is, ****!

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-24-2007, 07:42 PM
yeah it is true. Ken Anderson. I heard Lee Mays is interviewing for the WR coach job by friday :lol:

SteelerFan87
01-24-2007, 08:23 PM
yeah it is true. Ken Anderson. I heard Lee Mays is interviewing for the WR coach job by friday :lol:

:lol:

That's funny, in a painful sort of way. :banging:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-24-2007, 10:44 PM
At this point all we know is that Tomlin interviewed Anderson, he didn't offer him the job. I think we've had more than enough rumors of who's getting hired and who isnt already to not believe them till we see an official announcement.

Koopa
01-24-2007, 10:49 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07024/756585-66.stm

that says they expect to hire him

i won't judge position coaches just yet, i'll wait to see if ben can throw under 20 ints to see if it was a good move or not

also remember, these guys y'all are talkin about never had good talent to work with, maybe with actual talent they might actually do a good job...........

BlitzburghRockCity
01-24-2007, 10:51 PM
This will be Tomlin's first blunder if you ask me ! Ken Anderson does not inspire confidence in anybody !

Koopa
01-24-2007, 10:52 PM
i don't know, i think tomlin is the rooney's puppet, he hasn't really done nothing on his own, he's keep everything pretty much the same..........

Black@Gold Forever32
01-24-2007, 10:53 PM
Thats sucks Darren Perry resigned. As a kid Perry was one of my favorite players with the Steelers. I always thought he was under-rated and didn't get the full credit he deserved. Its understandable since he was in the same secondary as Rod Woodson and Carnell Lake.

I thought Perry had a future as a DC. I'm sure he will coach for another team.

DIESELMAN
01-25-2007, 10:07 AM
I don't think it matters who the QB coach is, its all on Big Ben. You either got the work ethic or you don't. It's all about want-to. If he's not motivated to get better after throwing 23 interceptions then, well, I don't know what to think.

BlackGold4vr
01-25-2007, 11:26 AM
i don't know, i think tomlin is the rooney's puppet, he hasn't really done nothing on his own, he's keep everything pretty much the same..........
I disagree with the puppet comment! That is not fair to cast judgement before a single game is played. This guy was hired (just like Cowher) for his abilities to motivate players and for his defensive prowess. Until you see how our players respond to him you should hold back your judgements! Give the guy a chance! I think the only coach that Bill kept throughout his 15 year tenure was Dick Hoak the RB coach (who is a close personal friend of the Rooney's). Assistant coaches will come and go under Tomlin just like they do everywhere else. The more successful Tomlin is as a HC the faster the assistant coaches will be offered jobs by other teams. Its the NFL way! When any team is enjoying enormous success the other teams start circling like vultures over your players and coaches. Look at the Patriots.

BBG7
01-25-2007, 11:55 AM
I don't think you took koopa's comments right. He is in favor of Tomlin, he is just saying that he hasn't changed as much as people thought he would and that he is probably consulting the Rooney's before making a choice.