PDA

View Full Version : Poll to show support (or displeasure) over new hire

SteelersWoman
01-23-2007, 03:57 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/steelers/Default.asp#poll

There's already been 30,000 votes--the greater majority are "ok" with Mike being the choice.

Steelersfan
01-23-2007, 04:00 AM
%60 to %40 in favor right now.

Koopa
01-23-2007, 04:01 AM
it was 60 40 when i voted earlier, i love the signing.......this is my first time going through a coaching search in the nfl, and i love the outcome lol

Black@Gold Forever32
01-23-2007, 04:09 AM
it was 60 40 when i voted earlier, i love the signing.......this is my first time going through a coaching search in the nfl, and i love the outcome lol

This is my second I was 12 years old when Cowher replaced the great Chuck Noll.lol I'm very happy with Mike Tomlin as the next HC of our Steelers.:tt02:

DIESELMAN
01-23-2007, 06:22 AM
YES-61% (18010)

No-39% (11743)

Not trying to be an ******* or anything but **** a poll. The Rooneys made it official. Now the media needs to give the man a break, the way they ****ed the whole announcement up and turned into a circus they need to back off and go find something else to drool over. **** the media......go bother Parcells or something......:helmet:

Stairwayto7
01-23-2007, 08:40 AM
I wonder what the polls showed when Cowher was hired. I bet most people were like "Huh?"

Prosdo
01-23-2007, 08:59 AM

Ditto Koopa. I think I was like 5 when Cowher was hired. Don't remember it. I'm glad to see Tomlin got the job. I think he will be a great head coach.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-23-2007, 10:33 AM
YES-61% (18010)

No-39% (11743)

Not trying to be an ******* or anything but **** a poll. The Rooneys made it official. Now the media needs to give the man a break, the way they ****ed the whole announcement up and turned into a circus they need to back off and go find something else to drool over. **** the media......go bother Parcells or something......:helmet:

:iagree: Making this poll this quick is just another way to try and get the fans back on their side after that damn circus the last few days. It doesn't matter anyways if we like him or not, he's here.

AZ_Steeler
01-23-2007, 11:06 AM
I wasn't to sure of Tomlin at first, but knowing what he was able to do with the Viking defense last year really impressed me. Then after hearing his press conference I was even more pleased.

House of Steel
01-23-2007, 11:11 AM
I am very pleased over this and I am ready to see what Tomlin brings to the Steelers. I was 18 when Cowher took over the Steelers. I had the pleasure of watching all 15 years of his career, at least I got to watch 8 years of Chuck Noll who made me become a Steelers Fanatic.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-23-2007, 11:14 AM
I was about 20 when Cowher took over and I remember all years pretty well, all the success early, then the struggles, then the success again. All the players that came and went during his tenure. He came into an era when the salary cap the Steelers lack of funds to compete caused him to lose a TON of great players over the years; but Tomlin has the luxury of a more competitive environment and more money to spend to keep and get quality players so Im anxious to see what he does with it.

AZ_Steeler
01-23-2007, 11:18 AM
You guys are showing your age! :lol: I was right around 16 and all I can remember was thinking the Steelers are doomed because Chuck Noll was gone... he was the only coach that I had ever known :dunno: Cowher continued a great tradition and never really had much talent early on. Knowing the Ronney's picked Tomlin you know he's going to be good as well... well hopefully considering he was picked by Art Jr :dunno:

Koopa
01-23-2007, 03:27 PM
actually, post gazette was the only media source that wasn't making this a circus......... they never posted false stuff like the tribune did.....also si and espn didn't post anything wrong either they were right on and stuck to their guns cause they had a reliable source........

BBG7
01-23-2007, 03:37 PM
62% yes
38% no

You are right koopa. Even when ESPN first denied SI's statement...SI stuck by and then ESPNs sources said it was true.

SteelersWoman
01-23-2007, 04:36 PM
... Knowing the Ronney's picked Tomlin you know he's going to be good as well... well hopefully considering he was picked by Art Jr :dunno:

I think I read somewhere that Dan was in on the picking as well, so I feel better knowing that :bigthumb: