PDA

View Full Version : Run the ball, Stop the run, and is Excited about Ben...

BlitzburghRockCity
01-22-2007, 03:50 PM
This is good news indeed as per Tomlin's press conference, he's a smash mouth stop the run, run the ball type of guy which is what we're about. His eyes lit up when he was questioned about Ben and working with him, of how he's excited to be working with a young, champsionhip, Franchise QB.

Stairwayto7
01-22-2007, 04:03 PM
I like the way he thinks! This is going to work out well. The Steelers will remain the same. Smash mouth D and run run run

58Lambert
01-22-2007, 04:06 PM
We can't lose with Tomlin... he had a couple of great teachers at Tampa... Dungy and Kiffen :bigthumb:

Koopa
01-22-2007, 04:11 PM
I WANT GRIMM, I WANT GRIMM, TOMLIN IS GONNA BE THE DEATH OF US, MOMMY WHY OH WHY, HE'S GONNA CHANGE EVERYTHING........lol

it's good to see you are finally seeing the light that the rooney's hired the right man lol

Black@Gold Forever32
01-22-2007, 04:16 PM
Lets not be to hard on Top. I totally understand where he was coming from. It was just my opinion that Tomlin knew this team is built for the 3-4 and wasn't going to change it. I don't think we will be a straight 3-4 team but the defense is going to have elements of both the 3-4/blitz style and the 4-3 cover2. Which is a good thing in my mind. I think its going to confuse offenses when they play the Steelers.

Koopa
01-22-2007, 04:18 PM
lol, i'm just ****ing around with him, i'm sure he knows that, and if he doesn't then well.................he needs to slap himself a few times with one of his 80 remotes lol

BlitzburghRockCity
01-22-2007, 04:48 PM
I got your 80 remotes right here punk !

I will admit that I am relieved that main concern of Lebeau staying has been confirmed which will help us tremendously. I will not however step back from my statements previously that this team may very well struggle in 2007 because of the change no matter how small or big it may be, to the point of no playoffs and how the players react to adversity under an entirely new coach will be the tell tale sign of how our season goes. I still I wanted Grimm but I also said that I will fully support the Steeler no matter who it is.

Koopa
01-22-2007, 04:54 PM
I got your 80 remotes right here punk !

I will admit that I am relieved that main concern of Lebeau staying has been confirmed which will help us tremendously. I will not however step back from my statements previously that this team may very well struggle in 2007 because of the change no matter how small or big it may be, to the point of no playoffs and how the players react to adversity under an entirely new coach will be the tell tale sign of how our season goes. I still I wanted Grimm but I also said that I will fully support the Steeler no matter who it is.

i'll bring this post up next year when tomlin is holding up the superbowl trophy lol

BlitzburghRockCity
01-22-2007, 04:57 PM
You may feel free to do so my hot tempered friend :lol: I will stand by my remarks of what I thought was a potentially dangerous situation and may still be, for us to bring in a coach from the oustide to a successful team. The bar is set extremely high and the pressure is squarely on Tomlin now to be successful and follow in the footsteps of Cowher and Noll.

If he succeeds and does well, I will eat my words you can bank on it, if we struggle in 2007 and in the coming years I will be here to say I told ya so ;) No matter what come 0-16 or 16-0 I will never stop being a fan and supporting this team.

K Train
01-22-2007, 05:02 PM
i hope we got a winner here, and i hope he isnt gonna use us for a superbowl and decide he doesnt need football anymore lol

BB2W
01-22-2007, 10:37 PM
I did like hearing him talk so well about Ben publicly... that can only help him progress.