PDA

View Full Version : How will Ben get along with Haley?

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2012, 10:56 PM
I think most of us, or I should probably say many of us, are of the mindset that Ben will learn to live with whoever the new OC is. Now that it's Haley and considering that he's the polar opposite of what Bruce Arians was, he will have some adjusting to do.

Ben is an adult, he's a professional, but he is used to getting his own way with the offense. Bruce was like a father figure to him in many ways and the offense was built for him. Haley will bring his own brand of coaching which will be much different than the quiet style that BA had. That's not to say that Arians wasn't passionate about his game, but Haley is more vocal about it.

I think Ben will get a long with Todd pretty well once they get an understanding of what is to be expected from him from his new coach and vice versa. Ultimately he will deal with it and hopefully take his game to the next level.

SteelerCountry58
02-06-2012, 11:24 PM
They'll have plenty of time to get used to each other during the off season.
Haley is a much better OC then HC. He'll gel well with the whole unit once
his philosophies are laid down. Ben will be healed up,improved and fresh for
the next season. This is just the next chapter of the book for Ben to evolve.
The O line needs a major overhaul,Haley will fix that and he already has plenty
of weapons at his disposal to put up points.:cope:

Dobre Shunka
02-07-2012, 01:33 AM
I dunno, there is a cool wind blow'n change.

We'll see.

JensK
02-07-2012, 03:36 AM
I honestly believe that they will work together quite well. Haley is notoriously known to air it out, and Big Ben have been known to advocate hard for that. Its a win-win situation for him.

DIESELMAN
02-07-2012, 04:45 AM
Somewhere inside Ben, he knows that this is a business not only with players but with coaches as well. Haley will lay out his plan for the offense, which should produce a consistent power running game, which will turn the passing game into a very formidable weapon. Ben's passing attempts may go down slightly but Ben will see and understand that it is what's best not only for the Steelers offense but also the defense and the team as a whole. Ben needs the personality and coaching style of Haley to push him to the next level.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2012, 09:34 AM
I'm anxious to see what types of wrinkles Haley will put in. I'm sure Ben will be politically correct when it comes to talking about Haley and the offense he wants to use.

The Steelers don't change their offensive philosophy because of a new coordinator. They new coordinator runs the basic offense they like but with their own style, so we won't see wholesale changes other than more running I think.

LatrobePA
02-07-2012, 09:44 AM
Ben should be happy with this move, it was made with his best interest in mind. If he don't then maybe he can go play with his old side kick in Indy!

Raleigh Steel
02-07-2012, 09:55 AM
TThe only thing we know about haley is what we see during game time. Maybe he's really cool during practices, film sessions....behind the scenes. Maybe he'll show ben how he can take his game to a whole new level and ben will be grateful for it. I think when we see the offense start to roll, ben gets put into ridgers, brady, brees conversations, he'll say bruce who?

Haley just might be exactly what ben need at this satge of his career. I think they will get along greatly!

LatrobePA
02-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Haley was overwhelmed in KC, that is what fueled the fire there.

Kurt Warner and he had some blow ups but that's to be expected with a silver haired QB that has seen more than his OC..

Real Deal Steel
02-07-2012, 10:51 AM
Ben will be fine once he sees how the ball is out of his hands faster then it's every been.
And he'll feel even better when he sees a fullback in the backfield picking up that extra blitzer or available in the flat as an easy outlet.

And he'll be really happy to have second and 5 situations and 3rd and 2 situations a lot more because of us re-committing to running the ball more. Oh..he'll be okay.

K Train
02-07-2012, 11:06 AM
if they are winning games they will get along great

coldrolled
02-07-2012, 11:25 AM
Seeing our offense play fluidly for 4 qtrs will be a godsend...

chisteeler
02-07-2012, 11:28 AM
We may never really know, maybe Ben lobbied for Haley when he found out he was being interviewed.

Stone
02-07-2012, 01:15 PM
How will Ben get along with Haley?

Probably the same way EVERYBODY gets along with Haley......NOT WELL!

SteelCityKid5
02-07-2012, 05:20 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Baron Batch will flurish on 3rd down w. possible screes? Hell maybe not just 3rd downs, maybe the offense as a whole. I think this offense will favor Batch.

--- Added 2/7/2012 at 03:20 PM ---

As for Ben, I havent seen what everyone has said about his reaction to Arains being fired, but I thought he responded in the most mature manor I can remember since he was drafted. He said he was going to talk to Rooney to see where they want this offense to go. He didn't seemed that displeased as he did in years past. I'm pretty sure Haley runs the ball but he's going to be more pass happy, so I think Ben and Todd will get along fine. Ben even said in an interview that we need a more balanced offense.

connecticutsteel
02-07-2012, 07:19 PM
Ben will not have a problem remember his offense produced 3 1000 yd recievers in one season and almost out dualed lebeau in the super bowl

K Train
02-07-2012, 09:02 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Baron Batch will flurish on 3rd down w. possible screes? Hell maybe not just 3rd downs, maybe the offense as a whole. I think this offense will favor Batch..

this is nothing more than a hunch, hes played exactly zero snaps and is coming off an ACL injury

coldrolled
02-07-2012, 09:11 PM
ben will be fine when hes scoring in the redzone.

JoeSteelerFan
02-07-2012, 09:35 PM
Somewhere inside Ben, he knows that this is a business not only with players but with coaches as well. Haley will lay out his plan for the offense, which should produce a consistent power running game, which will turn the passing game into a very formidable weapon. Ben's passing attempts may go down slightly but Ben will see and understand that it is what's best not only for the Steelers offense but also the defense and the team as a whole. Ben needs the personality and coaching style of Haley to push him to the next level.

This is a really good post. I totally agree w/all of it. :plus1:

The ball is in Ben's court. He can either be Haley's best student, or rebel against the teacher. If Ben chooses the latter, Haley will be in Ben's grill every daumn day and twice on Sunday's.

Personally ... I think Ben needs pushed by someone like this and I think the Rooney's feel the same way.

HUNT4SEVEN
02-07-2012, 10:10 PM
This could end up really bad, Ben doesn't like to be yelled at and Haley will get in that *** when Ben makes a dumb decision, I like the move, Ben could really benefit from a OC like Haley IF he listens and take constructive criticism, Troy Smith will benefit from Haley for sure, if nothing else it is gonna be a very interesting 2012 campaign, CAN'T WAIT:lol::popcorn::stirpot:

wyn50
02-07-2012, 10:24 PM
I wonder if they can implement the run with the players we have. We definitely need bigger linemen. Hopefully Haley can work his magic, like he did in Arizona.

tburg68
02-08-2012, 12:53 AM
Troy Smith is a piece of crap. I'd rather have Dixon as the 3rd QB, even though he probably won't want to be here.

I expect the running game & the passing game to both improve. The name of the game in the NFL is to keep the defense off balance. Haley will do that, and production will go up in both phases of the O.

K Train
02-08-2012, 09:25 AM
did troy smiths destruction of michigan have anything to do with him being "a piece of crap"? lol

LatrobePA
02-08-2012, 09:37 AM
did troy smiths destruction of michigan have anything to do with him being "a piece of crap"? lol

Haaaa, Troy will fill in nicely if needed...

coldrolled
02-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Troy Smith is a piece of crap. I'd rather have Dixon as the 3rd QB, even though he probably won't want to be here.

I expect the running game & the passing game to both improve. The name of the game in the NFL is to keep the defense off balance. Haley will do that, and production will go up in both phases of the O.

Maybe dixon will have a better chance and a better secondary game plan made for him, Arians ruined Dixon, hurt our OL and screwed our QB with his game planning

LatrobePA
02-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Maybe dixon will have a better chance and a better secondary game plan made for him, Arians ruined Dixon, hurt our OL and screwed our QB with his game planned.

With the right game plan it will be amazing how a bad oline could look good..

wyn50
02-08-2012, 05:08 PM
When Haley was in Arizona, he did not have the best O-line too and looked how he made the offense look. Hope that he can work that magic in Pittsburgh.

LarryNJ
02-10-2012, 11:51 AM
"I hope we don't have to start over and if we do, you know what, here we go. Let's do it. We'll do it. We're not going to complain about it. But I would hate to have to set certain guys back who are doing so well right now."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12040/1209184-100.stm#ixzz1lzi05Kow

Just play Ben and stop complaining ...the receivers will be fine.

harpo
02-10-2012, 11:58 AM
I think Ben and Haley will be fine. As long as they are winning, there won't be any 'static' between them.

CowherPower
02-12-2012, 05:40 PM
This is all much to do about nothing if you ask me. Ben is not going to make waves and throw a fit because Haley is his new coach. They'll figure out how to coexist and make great things happen for the Steelers. Haley will make an offense that suits Ben but it won't be centered around him completely, which is just fine with me. there are other playmakers on the field that can do big things if put in a position to do so, namely the running backs.

JollyRob68
02-12-2012, 07:06 PM

I agree with you about Troy Smith. He was a part of the reason Mike Singeltary was fired. Whining on the sidelines "You want me to be perfect,I'm not perfect." If he had an issue with Mike yelling at him he's going to ask for his mommy when todds done with him. However, I think he'll be better than Leftwhich and grandpa Batch. I still like Charlie Batch.lol

Sir Blitzelot
02-12-2012, 07:24 PM
At the end of the day Ben and Haley will get along just fine. Both these guys have the same goal, which is to win number seven and bring that Lombardi Trophy back where it belongs.

LevonKirkland99
02-12-2012, 11:05 PM
Haley is going to fail.. He sucked as KC head coach. Just NFL coaches being recycled as OC.

NYCsteelersfan
02-15-2012, 04:19 AM
Maybe they can build a camp fire and sing a bunch of songs together.