PDA

View Full Version : Did Eli surpass Big Ben now?

CowherPower
02-06-2012, 01:23 PM
After that win last night you can make a case that he may have passed Ben Roethlisberger now in terms of who's the best from the 2004 class.

Both have 2 Super Bowl rings; although Ben has 3 appearances to his credit.
Both are capable of game winning drives late in the game with everything on the line.
Both can escape pressure and make plays on the run.
Both can take a hit and get back up to complete a big pass the next play.

Overall I think both are equal except for the fact that Manning has played better in his Super Bowls than Ben has.

Super Bowl XL - 9/21 123 yds. 2 Int's.
Super Bowl XLIII - 21/30 256 yds. 1 TD.
Super Bowl XLV - 25/40, 263 yds, 2 TD, 2 INT

Super Bowl XLII 19/34, 255 yds, 2 TD, 1 INT
Super Bowl XLVI 30-40, 296 yds. 1 TD

Stat wise, XL was a bad game all around for Ben. XLIII was a good performance. XLV, the stats weren't horrific but the 2 interceptions were just killer.

I could argue either way but I'd be hardpressed to say Ben is better than Eli right now.

steelchamp204
02-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Eli > Ben for now. I dont wanna hear **** about the O-line or whatever. It is what it is.

LatrobePA
02-06-2012, 01:40 PM
YES, Ben had a chance to be in an elite group last SB but decided to play like a turd!

Speeed
02-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Remember, Roethlisberger is just about always injured in one way or another (I know all players are to an extent at any given time, but he seems to have more serious issues on a constant basis).

I would love to see a healthy Roethlisberger throwing balls to a healthy team. I would think his numbers would be at least 15% better.

I think tight now, Manning is performing better. Does that make him a better QB over all? Better can mean many things. But, they are similar in play style.

LatrobePA
02-06-2012, 01:54 PM
Eli is a lucky bastard too, how many of his floppy passes should of been picked?

xBlitzBurghx
02-06-2012, 02:11 PM
Manning hands down. Ben is really good, but makes some of the worst decisions ever.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

K Train
02-06-2012, 02:20 PM
ive always thought eli was the better passer, but Ben is the better overall QB

superbowl stats arent gonna tell the story when comparing these 2 at the end of their careers...but like many expected its gonna be close. Its funny that 7 weeks ago Eli was barely considered a top 10 QB by most but after barely squeaking into the playoffs hes now elite and on aaron rodgers level? its a joke how a few games really skew perceptions of players from year to year.

imo the big difference between them is ben is always banged up, eli is NEVER hurt. otherwise ben runs away with this conversation...but it is what it is

wouldnt have traded ben for eli in 05, wouldnt do it in 12 either

SteelDad
02-06-2012, 02:36 PM
Right now its Eli. K-Train made a good point about how 7-8 weeks ago Eli was brutal. This game is a constant circle of highs and lows and right now Eli is playing better than Ben. If we can get the right guy in as OC I believe Ben will ultimately have the superior career in the end.

Raleigh Steel
02-06-2012, 03:07 PM
Right now its Eli. K-Train made a good point about how 7-8 weeks ago Eli was brutal. This game is a constant circle of highs and lows and right now Eli is playing better than Ben. If we can get the right guy in as OC I believe Ben will ultimately have the superior career in the end.

my thoughts exactly!!!!

Steelers_All_Day_43
02-06-2012, 03:13 PM
No...

LarryNJ
02-06-2012, 04:16 PM
If he didn't surpass him he definitely is on par with him. The guy has been simply amazing in the 4th quarter. I think he has more 4th quarter winning drives than anyone in the last few years.

Staying healthy is a huge advantage too.

Stone
02-06-2012, 04:50 PM
Are you ****ing kidding me! Eli has had 5 or 6 years of mediocre QB play mixed with a ton of speculation followed by one great year......if he does it for another 3 years in a row he will be in the same vain.

xBlitzBurghx
02-06-2012, 05:14 PM
People that defend Ben are saying Eli haas had mediocre play for years, but hasn't ben too? Ben is not elite. Yet. Sure he is tough and can do unique things, but that alone doesn't make him elite. I don't think manning is elite either however.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Are you ****ing kidding me! Eli has had 5 or 6 years of mediocre QB play mixed with a ton of speculation followed by one great year......if he does it for another 3 years in a row he will be in the same vain.

I agree 100% and I like Eli.....I think Eli is a better post-season QB then his brother........Yes I will talk about the OL even though somebody said don't mention it....lol Eli has a much better offensive line protecting him and I would even take the Giants WR's over the Steelers........Nicks is one of the best WR's in the game and both Cruz/Manningham will at least fight for the ball unlike Wallace.....I love Mike Wallace but he doesn't fight for the football......Eli finally this year limited his dumb decisions and really cut back on his INT's........

So sick of hearing about how bad Ben played in Super Bowl XL....He was in his 2nd year........What was Eli doing in his 2nd year?......:lol: Ben was also huge in the three play-off games leading up to Super Bowl XL and the biggest reason the Steelers made it to that game......Ben's Super Bowl drive against the Cards ranks as one of the best clutch performances in Super Bowl history.....I would take Ben's drive over Eli's drive in Super Bowl XLII........Lets not forget David Tyree made the play to keep the game alive and really Eli's throw to Plax was so easy compared to Ben's to Holmes......

Really I want to see a Giants/Steelers Super Bowl next year to decide the best of the 2004 draft class........

MattyVfromCT
02-06-2012, 05:40 PM
If he didn't surpass him he definitely is on par with him. The guy has been simply amazing in the 4th quarter. I think he has more 4th quarter winning drives than anyone in the last few years.

Staying healthy is a huge advantage too.

i agree. on par. both are very similar. both can look incredible at times and both can look god awful with their inconsistency. even though they both have 2 rings and ben has more postseason wins, eli is the better postseason qb but ben is the better regular season qb. either way both are better than that overrated choke artist in san diego......

DIESELMAN
02-06-2012, 05:44 PM
I want to see a Giants/Steelers Super Bowl next year to decide the best of the 2004 draft class........
That would be sweet!!! With Haley as our new OC, Ben will rise to the next level and our offense will be bringing it every week. :woot:

SteelCityKid5
02-06-2012, 05:49 PM
It's not over but, yeah Eli is

NorCalSteel
02-06-2012, 06:31 PM
I have been telling people for years one of the best QB drafts there ever was 2004. look at the superbowls piling up for them now. and we are far from done :helmet:

MattyVfromCT
02-06-2012, 09:20 PM
I have been telling people for years one of the best QB drafts there ever was 2004. look at the superbowls piling up for them now. and we are far from done :helmet:

already surpassed the class of 83 of marino, elway, kelly, o'brien, eason, etc. they were 2-9 in the super bowl. ben and eli alone are 4-1 already

K Train
02-06-2012, 11:27 PM
i dont think hes surpassed him, but i think its close and will be forever.

but i think eli is a HOFe" and ben will not be (unless he gets 1-2 more rings). but eli has manning name, NY team, and is probably the best QB the giants have ever had, and now he has the jewelry too.

ben will finish one of the winningest QBs ever, have at least 2 rings, finish with a near record high YPA average....but will always be and ******* and a :rapist"

Nolrog
02-07-2012, 06:19 AM
I'd say they are about even. Both are excellent QBs that can be counted on when the game is on the line, both have 2 rings. Both have played well in the playoffs and the SB. Eli has the 2 MVPs, Ben should have one (the first SB he didn't play well, but he played outstanding in the games leading up to it.)

For a Steelers board, I'm amazed at how fast people are to **** on our QB.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2012, 09:23 AM
Anyone who says Eli is head and shoulders above Ben would be flat out wrong. If you compare regular season to regular season they are about even in terms of their ability to come back late in games, make the tough throws, all that type of stuff. I would say Ben has been more consistent in playoff games. The Steelers make the playoffs every year almost, for the Giants they either make it and win the super bowl or they don't do anything at all.

NYCsteelersfan
02-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Eli is a lucky bastard too, how many of his floppy passes should of been picked?

He's always had amazing receivers to bail him out. Or he has Asante Samuel to drop an easy interception in his first Superbowl, on the last drive.

Its funny that 7 weeks ago Eli was barely considered a top 10 QB by most but after barely squeaking into the playoffs hes now elite and on aaron rodgers level? its a joke how a few games really skew perceptions of players from year to year.

He's had the hype since he entered the league. The talk got quiet because they were obviously wrong, but now all the talk will start again. Kind of like the situation with Vick. Then you just have 75% of sports fans who are too dumb to look at the numbers for themselves and they sit there and listen to whatever ESPN spoon feeds them.

Thank you.

People that defend Ben are saying Eli haas had mediocre play for years, but hasn't ben too? Ben is not elite. Yet. Sure he is tough and can do unique things, but that alone doesn't make him elite. I don't think manning is elite either however.

Ben has had only 2 out of 8 seasons where his QB rating was less than 90. Eli had 3 seasons where his QB rating was in the 70s, one in the 50s, two in the 80s, and only 2 in the 90s.

People need to look up numbers and not just talk out of their a$$.

I agree 100% and I like Eli.....I think Eli is a better post-season QB then his brother........Yes I will talk about the OL even though somebody said don't mention it....lol Eli has a much better offensive line protecting him and I would even take the Giants WR's over the Steelers........Nicks is one of the best WR's in the game and both Cruz/Manningham will at least fight for the ball unlike Wallace.....I love Mike Wallace but he doesn't fight for the football......Eli finally this year limited his dumb decisions and really cut back on his INT's........

So sick of hearing about how bad Ben played in Super Bowl XL....He was in his 2nd year........What was Eli doing in his 2nd year?......:lol: Ben was also huge in the three play-off games leading up to Super Bowl XL and the biggest reason the Steelers made it to that game......Ben's Super Bowl drive against the Cards ranks as one of the best clutch performances in Super Bowl history.....I would take Ben's drive over Eli's drive in Super Bowl XLII........Lets not forget David Tyree made the play to keep the game alive and really Eli's throw to Plax was so easy compared to Ben's to Holmes......

Really I want to see a Giants/Steelers Super Bowl next year to decide the best of the 2004 draft class........

Thank you. Someone in this forum without an ESPN coerced memory.

1. Roethlisberger won his first Superbowl in his second year while Manning was posting a 75 QB rating, throwing 24 TDs and 17 INTs. Roethlisberger posted a 98 QB rating that season with 17 TDs and 9 INTs. Roethlisberger played like $hit in the Superbowl, but he was also the only QB in history to go to the Superbowl in his second year after going to the AFC Championship in his rookie season. He was the first QB to win three straight road playoff games to get his team to the Superbowl, and in those games: he posted a 148 QB rating against Cincinnati (14-19, 208 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs). He posted a 95.3 QB rating against Indy (14-24, 197 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT). And he posted a 124.9 QB rating against Denver (21-29, 275 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs).

2. Roethlisberger won his second Superbowl with a game-winning touchdown drive in the final two minutes 3 years ago, while Manning went 15 for 29 for 169 yards, 0 TDs, and 2 INTs, in a first round loss to Philly. If Roethlisberger's last name was Manning, they would've given him the Superbowl MVP, which he clearly deserved. All Manning had to do on Sunday was get his team into field goal range in 3:40.

3. Roethlisberger as a 92 QB rating for his career in 8 seasons. Manning has an 82 QB rating for his career in 8 seasons, and he just barely got over 80 this season.

for their careers, Roethlisberger versus Manning in QB rating:
2004: 98.1 versus 55.4
2005: 98.6 versus 75.9
2006: 75.4 versus 77
2007: 104.1 versus 73.9
2008: 80.1 versus 86.4
2009: 100.5 versus 93.1
2010: 97 versus 85.3
2011: 90.1 versus 92.9

That's 2 seasons where Roethlisberger was amazing, 4 where he was great, 1 where he was average, and 1 where he was bad. Manning had 4 seasons where he was awful, 2 where he was average, and 2 where he was great.

4. Roethlisberger has 3313 attempts, 2090 completions for 26,579 yards, 165 TDs and 100 INTs (63.1% completion).

Manning has 3921 attempts, 2291 completions for 27,579 yards, 185 TDs and 129 INTs (58.4% completion)

5. If you think that Eli is better than Roethlisberger then you're either an idiot or you're a Giants fan.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-07-2012, 05:49 PM
i dont think hes surpassed him, but i think its close and will be forever.

but i think eli is a HOFe" and ben will not be (unless he gets 1-2 more rings). but eli has manning name, NY team, and is probably the best QB the giants have ever had, and now he has the jewelry too.

ben will finish one of the winningest QBs ever, have at least 2 rings, finish with a near record high YPA average....but will always be and ******* and a :rapist"

If Ben wins one more Super Bowl he is a lock for the Hall of Fame.....Ben will have the numbers as well when its all said and done.......I really think the next 3-4 years will be Ben's best years.......

--- Added 2/7/2012 at 04:49 PM ---

Good point on the year by year QB rating....Plus Ben's 2006 was ruined by the bike accident and plus his appendix.......In 2008 it was well know that Ben played through a separated shoulder and his velocity suffered for the most of the season....Really the post-season that year was the healthiest Ben was that season......So really injuries plagued Ben in his two worst QB rating seasons...Eli just made dumb decisions and threw a ton of INT's most of those seasons....lol

NYCsteelersfan
02-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Plus Ben's 2006 was ruined by the bike accident and plus his appendix.......In 2008 it was well know that Ben played through a separated shoulder and his velocity suffered for the most of the season....Really the post-season that year was the healthiest Ben was that season......So really injuries plagued Ben in his two worst QB rating seasons...Eli just made dumb decisions and threw a ton of INT's most of those seasons....lol

You're absolutely right about the injuries as being the reasons for those two down years, especially 2006. I didn't even bother mentioning it because even with those two out of the ordinary bad seasons, his numbers still destroy Eli's numbers.

JoeSteelerFan
02-07-2012, 07:12 PM
Eli > Ben for now. I dont wanna hear **** about the O-line or whatever. It is what it is.

Agreed. :plus1:

Ben sucked in 2 of his 3 Super Bowl apperances. Anybody have his QB rating in each?

2005 Super Bowl XL 9 of 21 for 123 yards and two interceptions; his passer rating of 22.6 was the lowest in Super Bowl history by a winning quarterback.

2008 Super Bowl XLIII: 21 of 30 for 256 yards, one TD, and one INT. He had a passer rating of 93.2 <~ Fair, but nothing exceptional. :thinking:

2011 Super Bowl XLVI 25 of 40 for 263 yards, 2 TDs and 2 interceptions.

Ben is not a 40+ attempts per game passer. He never was .... He should be throwing 30-35 times per game MAX! with plenty of play-action thrown in.

If he did, we would win 88% of our games.

xBlitzBurghx
02-07-2012, 07:15 PM
He's always had amazing receivers to bail him out. Or he has Asante Samuel to drop an easy interception in his first Superbowl, on the last drive.

He's had the hype since he entered the league. The talk got quiet because they were obviously wrong, but now all the talk will start again. Kind of like the situation with Vick. Then you just have 75% of sports fans who are too dumb to look at the numbers for themselves and they sit there and listen to whatever ESPN spoon feeds them.

Thank you.

Ben has had only 2 out of 8 seasons where his QB rating was less than 90. Eli had 3 seasons where his QB rating was in the 70s, one in the 50s, two in the 80s, and only 2 in the 90s.

People need to look up numbers and not just talk out of their a$$.

1. Roethlisberger won his first Superbowl in his second year while Manning was posting a 75 QB rating, throwing 24 TDs and 17 INTs. Roethlisberger posted a 98 QB rating that season with 17 TDs and 9 INTs. Roethlisberger played like $hit in the Superbowl, but he was also the only QB in history to go to the Superbowl in his second year after going to the AFC Championship in his rookie season. He was the first QB to win three straight road playoff games to get his team to the Superbowl, and in those games: he posted a 148 QB rating against Cincinnati (14-19, 208 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs). He posted a 95.3 QB rating against Indy (14-24, 197 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT). And he posted a 124.9 QB rating against Denver (21-29, 275 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs).

2. Roethlisberger won his second Superbowl with a game-winning touchdown drive in the final two minutes 3 years ago, while Manning went 15 for 29 for 169 yards, 0 TDs, and 2 INTs, in a first round loss to Philly. If Roethlisberger's last name was Manning, they would've given him the Superbowl MVP, which he clearly deserved. All Manning had to do on Sunday was get his team into field goal range in 3:40.

3. Roethlisberger as a 92 QB rating for his career in 8 seasons. Manning has an 82 QB rating for his career in 8 seasons, and he just barely got over 80 this season.

for their careers, Roethlisberger versus Manning in QB rating:

2004: 98.1 versus 55.4

2005: 98.6 versus 75.9

2006: 75.4 versus 77

2007: 104.1 versus 73.9

2008: 80.1 versus 86.4

2009: 100.5 versus 93.1

2010: 97 versus 85.3

2011: 90.1 versus 92.9

That's 2 seasons where Roethlisberger was amazing, 4 where he was great, 1 where he was average, and 1 where he was bad. Manning had 4 seasons where he was awful, 2 where he was average, and 2 where he was great.

4. Roethlisberger has 3313 attempts, 2090 completions for 26,579 yards, 165 TDs and 100 INTs (63.1% completion).

Manning has 3921 attempts, 2291 completions for 27,579 yards, 185 TDs and 129 INTs (58.4% completion)

5. If you think that Eli is better than Roethlisberger then you're either an idiot or you're a Giants fan.

I should start talking out of my a**? Maybe you should get Bens d*ck out of your *** haha

Nolrog
02-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Ben sucked in 2 of his 3 Super Bowl apperances. Anybody have his QB rating in each?

Not sure if that was your original quote.

Ben wasn't good in his first appearance, however, if not for Ben, they never would have gotten that far in the first place.

2005 post season:

@Cin 14/19 208 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 148.7 rating
@Ind 14/24 197 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT, 95.3 rating
@Den 21/29 275 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 124.9 rating.

He didn't play great to start last years SB but he wasn't aweful either. It's unfair to say he sucked. If not for the Mendenhal fumble, the Steelers win that game and Ben is likely the MVP.

I'm embarrased and ashamed to be a part of this community when I see how fast you are to **** on our franchise QB

connecticutsteel
02-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Too me they is no question .I'LL TAKE BEN but they are very similar on the field.The one glaring difference is Eli had better protection his whole career so far Ben has to run for his life every year.If Eli was a Steeler peyton would be visiting his grave

NYCsteelersfan
02-07-2012, 07:21 PM
I should start talking out of my a**? Maybe you should get Bens d*ck out of your *** haha

If you're going to suck Eli d#$k, at least do it because you like to suck d#$k, not because ESPN tells you that it's cool.

xBlitzBurghx
02-07-2012, 07:23 PM
According to nycsteelersfan ben doesn't do anything wrong ever. He never throws dumb picks, plays poorly in 2 of 3 superbowls, plays poorly during the season against crappy teams, didn't wreck a damn motorcycle with no helmet? Wtf, has 2 rape accusations that are embarrassing to anybody claiming to be a steeler fan, has a good qb rating because OBVIOUSLY that is all that matters and it doesn't matter if we win or lose, isn't a diva, doesn't hold on to the ball way too long, is a notorious fumbler..... He would rather have ben than aaron rogers as a starter and tom brady and drew brees as back ups hahaha

xBlitzBurghx
02-07-2012, 07:26 PM
If you're going to suck Eli d#$k, at least do it because you like to suck d#$k, not because ESPN tells you that it's cool.

Lol I never said Eli was great? I even said he wasn't elite. How come you always wait for me to post something to say something about it? Lol you like looking at my picture or something? Homo

xBlitzBurghx
02-07-2012, 07:35 PM
A lot of people on this forum just seem to forget all the embarrassment Ben has put us through. Just because he is our qb doesn't mean sh*t. If Mike wallace went and wrecked a bike while not wearing a helmet, started hanging out at bars and drinking heavily instead of working on his game, got accused of 2 rapes you guys would sh*t on him and want him off the team immediately.

xBlitzBurghx
02-07-2012, 07:39 PM
I'm not scared to bash a player or speak what's on my mind on this forum if they deserve it. Ill speak the truth even if its me against the world. I bet most people on here never even played football in their lives haha soooofftttttt!

DIESELMAN
02-07-2012, 08:06 PM
If you guys want to bash each other, fine by me but how about keeping all that other crap out of it. I'm tired of coming on here and having to read that BS. Stick to F'n football!! Cool? Cool.....

JoeSteelerFan
02-07-2012, 08:08 PM
Funny that juat a little over a year ago, people were wondering if the Rooney's would dish Roethlisberger to another team as a result of rape allegations.

Ben should never feel he's "elite", because quite frankly he's not. His mechanics are terrible, many of his throws are ***-ugly, he relies more on a a sandlot mentality and raw talent than he does being a teachable student of the game.

Ben's biggest flaw with his best pal Arians is that he and Arians teamed up and hi-jacked the offense to make it something THEY wanted rather than what's best for the team as a whole. At this point, Ben was no longer coachable because he didn't look at Arians has his coach .. he was his "partner" in crime in one of the greatest heists ever ... and nobody was holding either of them accountable for their actions until the Rooney's stepped in and said .... "Enough of this horseshit" .

Nolrog
02-07-2012, 08:47 PM
A lot of people on this forum just seem to forget all the embarrassment Ben has put us through. Just because he is our qb doesn't mean sh*t. If Mike wallace went and wrecked a bike while not wearing a helmet, started hanging out at bars and drinking heavily instead of working on his game, got accused of 2 rapes you guys would sh*t on him and want him off the team immediately.

Accused, not conviced. He served his punishment and moved on. Why can't you?

NYCsteelersfan
02-07-2012, 09:06 PM
According to nycsteelersfan ben doesn't do anything wrong ever. He never throws dumb picks, plays poorly in 2 of 3 superbowls, plays poorly during the season against crappy teams, didn't wreck a damn motorcycle with no helmet? Wtf, has 2 rape accusations that are embarrassing to anybody claiming to be a steeler fan, has a good qb rating because OBVIOUSLY that is all that matters and it doesn't matter if we win or lose, isn't a diva, doesn't hold on to the ball way too long, is a notorious fumbler..... He would rather have ben than aaron rogers as a starter and tom brady and drew brees as back ups hahaha

Stick to nonsensical dribble to refute all the factual statistics I posted because factual statistics are for people with a brain in their head. He's the 5th best quarterback in the league. Eli never has been, and still isn't better than Roethlisberger except for in the minds of Giants fans and people who get all their knowledge from ESPN.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Not sure if that was your original quote.

Ben wasn't good in his first appearance, however, if not for Ben, they never would have gotten that far in the first place.

2005 post season:

@Cin 14/19 208 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 148.7 rating
@Ind 14/24 197 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT, 95.3 rating
@Den 21/29 275 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 124.9 rating.

He didn't play great to start last years SB but he wasn't aweful either. It's unfair to say he sucked. If not for the Mendenhal fumble, the Steelers win that game and Ben is likely the MVP.

I'm embarrased and ashamed to be a part of this community when I see how fast you are to **** on our franchise QB

Thank God for another quality post....Quality posts are rare in this thread.......Ben was money in those three play-off games leading up to Super Bowl XL like you pointed out.....Ben wasn't at his best in Super Bowl XL but he was due for a crap game and plus Ward did drop a TD pass in that game.......Was a tough catch but we have seen Ward make that catch many times......

Ben was clutch when needed in Super Bowl XLIII especially after the defense blew a double digit lead.......

You're right about Super Bowl XLV and yes Ben started off the game rough but bounced back......But his first INT was due to Kemoeatu's fat sloth *** allowing his QB to be hit effecting Ben's throw....Plus the 2nd INT was just a good play by the Packer defender......Ben wasn't his best but did give the Steelers a chance in that game......

NYCsteelersfan
02-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Ben should never feel he's "elite", because quite frankly he's not. His mechanics are terrible, many of his throws are ***-ugly, he relies more on a a sandlot mentality and raw talent than he does being a teachable student of the game.

You explain his QB ratings season by season. Make an actual argument for how it's possible for such a $hitty quarterback, according to you, to post QB ratings in the 90s season after season.

xBlitzBurghx
02-07-2012, 09:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiGz2AJPMrQ

To all the tuff guys on this website hahaha

NYCsteelersfan
02-07-2012, 09:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiGz2AJPMrQ

To all the tuff guys on this website hahaha

You're smart. That sure explained away all the factual statistics that show how much better Roethlisberger is than Eli. Thanks.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Yea lets bring back Brister, O'Donnell, Tomczak, Stewart, Graham, Maddox..........I guess that is why I'm willing to cut Ben some slack since I remember when QB's constantly held the Steelers back in the play-offs......Ben isn't perfect and yes he can work on some things....But all players can really......How you feel about Ben as a person is one thing but don't let that get away in bashing him as a player.....Ben has helped this team win many games since he has been in the NFL and has been a factor in this team winning two Super Bowls and making it to three......

xBlitzBurghx
02-07-2012, 09:31 PM
nycsteelersfan must have invented swag!!!!! hahahaha

NYCsteelersfan
02-07-2012, 09:47 PM
nycsteelersfan must have invented swag!!!!! hahahaha

92 QB rating for our $hitty QB in 8 seasons: two seasons over 100, four over 90, one in the 80s, and one in the 70s.

82 QB rating for Eli in 8 seasons: two seasons over 90, two in the 80s, three in the 70s, and one in the 50s.

Roethlisberger in 114 games: 2090-3313, 26,579 yards, 63.1% completion, 165 TDs, 100 INTs.

Eli in 121 games: 2291-3921, 27,579 yards, 58.4% completion, 185 TDs, 129 INTs.

We're still waiting for you to explain how Eli is better.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-07-2012, 09:48 PM
I see xblitz is a Lakers fan.....I wonder if he was this vocal about Kobe during his rape trial?......I thought that was bs also and never thought Kobe raped that woman.....Only difference Kobe was married unlike Ben.....I don't even care how athletes live their lives.....Its their life not mine.......

NYCsteelersfan
02-07-2012, 10:05 PM
I see xblitz is a Lakers fan.....I wonder if he was this vocal about Kobe during his rape trial?......I thought that was bs also and never thought Kobe raped that woman.....Only difference Kobe was married unlike Ben.....I don't even care how athletes live their lives.....Its their life not mine.......

And Kobe was actually charged.

xBlitzBurghx
02-07-2012, 10:30 PM
Yeah, but Kobe didn't get accused a million times lol He learned his lesson. Kobe carries the Lakers. The defense carries Big Ben

--- Added 2/7/2012 at 09:30 PM ---

I'll take A Rogers over Roethlisberger any day of the week and in any circumstance. Any quarter, any down, any situation. Rogers sh*ts on ben.

steelers75
02-07-2012, 10:33 PM

That, and a lot of what-have-you-done-for-me-lately-itis. Where was all this talk about Eli being so much better than Ben in mid-December when the Giants were 7-7 and a game in back of the Cowboys?

connecticutsteel
02-07-2012, 10:35 PM
xBLITZBURG ISN'T a steelers fan he a packers troll

steelers75
02-07-2012, 10:35 PM
The defense carries Big Ben

Like in Super Bowl XLIII, when the defense pissed away a 13-point 4th quarter lead and he pulled their fat out of the fire?

xBlitzBurghx
02-07-2012, 10:41 PM
Bring the hate :) I love it. Internet thuggss!!!! HAHAHA SOFFTTTTTT!!!!!!! You guys probably work at chucky cheeses and weigh 400 pounds lmao! Swag Swag SWAGGG!

--- Added 2/7/2012 at 09:41 PM ---

Like in Super Bowl XLIII, when the defense pissed away a 13-point 4th quarter lead and he pulled their fat out of the fire?

If you honestly think we would have even made the superbowl that year if it wasn't for our defense. Jump off a bridge

steelers75
02-07-2012, 10:45 PM
If you honestly think we would have even made the superbowl that year if it wasn't for our defense. Jump off a bridge

If you think we win that game without him, you need to do the same.

Nolrog
02-07-2012, 10:57 PM
Bring the hate :) I love it. Internet thuggss!!!! HAHAHA SOFFTTTTTT!!!!!!! You guys probably work at chucky cheeses and weigh 400 pounds lmao! Swag Swag SWAGGG!

--- Added 2/7/2012 at 09:41 PM ---

Wow, the nastiness is ramping up on the addicts lately. Jump off a bridge (or your an idiot in a differen thread.) Let's dial it back a bit and try to remain civil in our discussions at least.

By the way, if you think that the Steelers make the superbowl in 05 without Ben, then you're mistaken as well. Ben played great in the games leading up to that one. But the bottom line is that we win as a team and we lose as a team.

NYCsteelersfan
02-07-2012, 10:59 PM

There was once an idiot on an internet forum who couldn't argue facts, so then he decided to talk about how "tough" everyone on the forum was in real life. Then one day he was still an idiot. The end.

xBlitzBurghx
02-07-2012, 11:07 PM
There was once an idiot on an internet forum who couldn't argue facts, so then he decided to talk about how "tough" everyone on the forum was in real life. Then one day he was still an idiot. The end.

There is no arguing with you. ben is a god to you. ben never does anything wrong. I'm sone now. Keep working at chucky cheese and driving a 1990 honda civic and being 500 pounds lol Stop perving on my posts too dude. If you want my picture you can just save it to your computer and set it as your background!:yellowthumb:

Steelers_All_Day_43
02-07-2012, 11:18 PM
There is no arguing with you. ben is a god to you. ben never does anything wrong. I'm sone now. Keep working at chucky cheese and driving a 1990 honda civic and being 500 pounds lol Stop perving on my posts too dude. If you want my picture you can just save it to your computer and set it as your background!:yellowthumb:

^ smh this guy.....

NYCsteelersfan
02-07-2012, 11:24 PM
Wow, the nastiness is ramping up on the addicts lately. Jump off a bridge (or your an idiot in a differen thread.) Let's dial it back a bit and try to remain civil in our discussions at least.

By the way, if you think that the Steelers make the superbowl in 05 without Ben, then you're mistaken as well. Ben played great in the games leading up to that one. But the bottom line is that we win as a team and we lose as a team.

I don't even think idiot is that bad. I've heard much worse in a barroom discussion of sports. It's forgivable. Bringing up how tough people are, what they drive, and where they work is just idiotic. That's why he gets called an idiot.

That, and a lot of what-have-you-done-for-me-lately-itis. Where was all this talk about Eli being so much better than Ben in mid-December when the Giants were 7-7 and a game in back of the Cowboys?

I admit I'm a homer. I used to defend Kordell Stewart. But I never said he was a top ten quarterback. Roethlisberger is top 5, not because I'm a homer, but because his numbers and Superbowls say so. And no reasonable person can look at the numbers of both players and then say that Eli is better.

xBLITZBURG ISN'T a steelers fan he a packers troll

troll of some kind, that is for sure.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-08-2012, 06:45 AM
Yea lets bring back Brister, O'Donnell, Tomczak, Stewart, Graham, Maddox..........I guess that is why I'm willing to cut Ben some slack since I remember when QB's constantly held the Steelers back in the play-offs......Ben isn't perfect and yes he can work on some things....But all players can really......How you feel about Ben as a person is one thing but don't let that get away in bashing him as a player.....Ben has helped this team win many games since he has been in the NFL and has been a factor in this team winning two Super Bowls and making it to three......

Don't forget David Woodley and Mark Malone man..LOL.

For as bad as the 80's and 90's were with QB's, the Roethlisberger era has been pretty darn good to us fans. We're spoiled by the heroics that Ben can put up each week.

I think Eli has closed the gap on Ben and in some ways may be better but as we mentioned earlier in this thread they are very similar QB's. Both can do virtually the same things at any time. The main difference is how one plays in the super bowl vs the other.

Nolrog
02-08-2012, 07:01 AM
I don't even think idiot is that bad. I've heard much worse in a barroom discussion of sports. It's forgivable. Bringing up how tough people are, what they drive, and where they work is just idiotic. That's why he gets called an idiot.

While I tend to agree with your comment, that it's not that bad, it's the context that it's used in. Saying that post was idiotic, to me is very different than saying you're an idiot (not meaning that directly at you of course.)

The first is commentary on what was said, and while I hope that it would be followed up with some reasons why the person thought it was idiotic, I can accept that. The latter, however, is a direct personal attack on someone, which is something that the SA community tends to shy away from. It's one of the best communities that I've been part of in terms of people discusisng things, sharing ideas and disagreeing in a civil manner.

OldSchool58
02-08-2012, 07:35 AM
Don't forget David Woodley and Mark Malone man..LOL.

For as bad as the 80's and 90's were with QB's, the Roethlisberger era has been pretty darn good to us fans. We're spoiled by the heroics that Ben can put up each week.

I think Eli has closed the gap on Ben and in some ways may be better but as we mentioned earlier in this thread they are very similar QB's. Both can do virtually the same things at any time. The main difference is how one plays in the super bowl vs the other.

^^I'd have to agree with this.^^
Ben is far from my favorite Steeler. I don't care for his off the field behavior or some of his comments the last few years. That being said, his numbers speak for themselves. And remember, he put up those numbers behind a terrible O-line........something Eli hasn't had to deal with.
And to be honest, I hadn't realized just how good we have it until somebody posted all those QB's from the past. Geeeezz......Bubby Brister, O'Donell, etc.....man those guys sucked! Makes me appreciate what we have now alot more.

NYCsteelersfan
02-08-2012, 11:05 AM
The main difference is how one plays in the super bowl vs the other.

If Eli is credited with being better in the Superbowl, Roethlisberger has to be given 10 times that credit for being far better in the regular season because the numbers says so.

While I tend to agree with your comment, that it's not that bad, it's the context that it's used in. Saying that post was idiotic, to me is very different than saying you're an idiot (not meaning that directly at you of course.)

The first is commentary on what was said, and while I hope that it would be followed up with some reasons why the person thought it was idiotic, I can accept that. The latter, however, is a direct personal attack on someone, which is something that the SA community tends to shy away from. It's one of the best communities that I've been part of in terms of people discusisng things, sharing ideas and disagreeing in a civil manner.

Point taken. You're right.

LarryNJ
02-08-2012, 11:42 AM
An argument could be made for either one. I believe Ben is better but it's certainly not by miles. Look at the other Total QB ratings.

2011 Regular Season
Ben 63.3 Eli 61.0
Post Season
Ben 25.7 (1 terrible game) Eli 63.7

2010 Regular Season
Ben 59.6 Eli 64.2
Post Season
Ben 45.8 Eli not there

2009 Regular Season
Ben 67.2 Eli 65.9 very similar

2008 regular Season
Ben 45.9 :( Eli 61.3

A case could be made that Eli is actually the more consistent QB over the last 4 years. and Ben is up and down.

NYCsteelersfan
02-08-2012, 12:24 PM
An argument could be made for either one. I believe Ben is better but it's certainly not by miles. Look at the other Total QB ratings.

2011 Regular Season
Ben 63.3 Eli 61.0
Post Season
Ben 25.7 (1 terrible game) Eli 63.7

2010 Regular Season
Ben 59.6 Eli 64.2
Post Season
Ben 45.8 Eli not there

2009 Regular Season
Ben 67.2 Eli 65.9 very similar

2008 regular Season
Ben 45.9 :( Eli 61.3

A case could be made that Eli is actually the more consistent QB over the last 4 years. and Ben is up and down.

I don't understand where you're getting these numbers from. Where did you get these QB ratings in the 40s, 50s, and 60s?

JoeSteelerFan
02-08-2012, 12:59 PM
http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u475/JoeSteelerFan/Eli-vs-Ben.jpg

Very close in the numbers department ....

I think the thing that stands out to me most is Ben's numbers fluctuate greater from season to season while Manning's performance shows more stability/consistency.

LarryNJ
02-08-2012, 01:14 PM
I don't understand where you're getting these numbers from. Where did you get these QB ratings in the 40s, 50s, and 60s?

hahaha...no it's actually a new system they came out with last year. Here are the basics and you can see it explained more in depth here: Total QBR (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6833215/explaining-statistics-total-quarterback-rating)

A quick primer on the fundamentals of Total Quarterback Rating:

Scoring: 0-100, from low to high. An average QB would be at 50.
Win Probability: All QB plays are scored based on how much they contribute to a win. By determining expected point totals for almost any situation, Total QBR is able to apply points to a quarterback based on every type of play he would be involved in.
Dividing Credit: Total QBR factors in such things as overthrows, underthrows, yards after the catch and more to accurately determine how much a QB contributes to each play.
Clutch Index: How critical a certain play is based on when it happens in a game is factored into the score.

LatrobePA
02-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Eli looks like a dildo and Ben is a dildo, other than that they're neck and neck IMO!!

LarryNJ
02-08-2012, 01:24 PM
Eli looks like a dildo and Ben is a dildo, other than that they're neck and neck IMO!!

Their wives are pretty close too.

NYCsteelersfan
02-08-2012, 01:46 PM
http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u475/JoeSteelerFan/Eli-vs-Ben.jpg

Very close in the numbers department ....

I think the thing that stands out to me most is Ben's numbers fluctuate greater from season to season while Manning's performance shows more stability/consistency.

They're very close in yards, TDs, and INTs. Otherwise there is no comparison is completion% and QB rating. Manning has also played 7 more games. And he has thrown the ball 608 times more but has completed only 201 more passes.

And I don't know what fluctuation you're looking at. The only inconsistency in Roethlisberger's numbers were two seasons, one of which was when he came back from a near-death accident, followed by appendicitis. Otherwise he's consistently in the 90s or 100s. Eli spent his first 4 seasons consistently in the 50s and 70s. He also threw 25 INTs last season, and all of the sudden he's "elite." It's a joke.

hahaha...no it's actually a new system they came out with last year. Here are the basics and you can see it explained more in depth here: Total QBR (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6833215/explaining-statistics-total-quarterback-rating)

A quick primer on the fundamentals of Total Quarterback Rating:

Scoring: 0-100, from low to high. An average QB would be at 50.
Win Probability: All QB plays are scored based on how much they contribute to a win. By determining expected point totals for almost any situation, Total QBR is able to apply points to a quarterback based on every type of play he would be involved in.
Dividing Credit: Total QBR factors in such things as overthrows, underthrows, yards after the catch and more to accurately determine how much a QB contributes to each play.
Clutch Index: How critical a certain play is based on when it happens in a game is factored into the score.

It's interesting, but it seems more like an attempt at measuring "intangibles" rather than just looking at hard numbers. I'll stick to the the real QB rating because if the same people who decided that Roethlisberger didn't deserve the MVP in 2008, but Eli deserved it in 2007, are the ones deciding whether he overthrows, underthrows, and how much he contributes to each play, then I know it will be worthless.

LarryNJ
02-08-2012, 01:57 PM
It's interesting, but it seems more like an attempt at measuring "intangibles" rather than just looking at hard numbers.

I understand your point, but on the other hand we are always saying you have too look at more than Ben's number you have to look at the intangibles when trying to compare him to Brady, Peyton, Rodgers or Brees.

I think most Steeler fans would choose Ben, most Giant fans Eli. Before this years playoffs mostly anyone else would have taken Ben. After the last 2 months I'm sure many would choose Eli now.

Let's just hope that we are never having this conversation about Flacco. :lol: And tthank God it's not the other NY QB.

NYCsteelersfan
02-08-2012, 02:43 PM
I understand your point, but on the other hand we are always saying you have too look at more than Ben's number you have to look at the intangibles when trying to compare him to Brady, Peyton, Rodgers or Brees.

I would never even bother comparing him to those guys because he's simply on a team that isn't a pass-happy team, so comparing him to those guys is pointless. Those guys are far better. Could Roethlisberger put up Brees number if he played on The Saints? I don't know. For as long as those guys are on pass-happy teams and Roethlisberger is not, and those guys put up those great numbers having to pass so many times, then they're better than Roethlisberger.

But I don't have to look at any intangibles to compare Roethlisberger to the other 27 quarterbacks in the league because the actual numbers say he is better.

Let's just hope that we are never having this conversation about Flacco. :lol: And tthank God it's not the other NY QB.

The sad part is, if Sanchez won one Superbowl, the media would blow him up because he's from New York, and people would say that he is better than Roethlisberger with a straight face.

The argument I have always heard out of Eli fans is that, "oh, Roethlisberger is just a game manager, Eli has to win with his arm." But then Eli has only 1,000 more yards, 20 more touchdowns, and 29 more interceptions in 7 more games played than Roethlisberger. The argument never made sense and still doesn't. Eli has always had great receivers, a solid running game, a solid defense, and an amazing offensive line.

You expect most fans of teams to be homers. You don't expect them to turn into unreasonable fools. I'm hearing many Giants fans talking about how Eli is better than his brother, Brady, and Marino. He's not even better than Roethlisberger and the stats speak for themselves.

jpele
02-08-2012, 02:56 PM
As far as QB's go , they both stink. They're so bad I'm
Willing to bet neither throws a td in the two weeks.

JoeSteelerFan
02-08-2012, 07:25 PM
They're very close in yards, TDs, and INTs. Otherwise there is no comparison is completion% and QB rating. Manning has also played 7 more games. And he has thrown the ball 608 times more but has completed only 201 more passes.

And I don't know what fluctuation you're looking at. The only inconsistency in Roethlisberger's numbers were two seasons, one of which was when he came back from a near-death accident, followed by appendicitis. Otherwise he's consistently in the 90s or 100s. Eli spent his first 4 seasons consistently in the 50s and 70s. He also threw 25 INTs last season, and all of the sudden he's "elite." It's a joke.

You're not looknig at the trends. Manning's passing yardage, completions percentage, TD's, etc. have all gradually improved since he came into the league ..... meaning that he is maturing as a QB .... Ben isn't showing the same trends, meaning that he is not improving .... which is exactly why Arians was fired. :yesnod:

NYCsteelersfan
02-08-2012, 07:34 PM
You're not looknig at the trends. Manning's passing yardage, completions percentage, TD's, etc. have all gradually improved since he came into the league ..... meaning that he is maturing as a QB .... Ben isn't showing the same trends, meaning that he is not improving .... which is exactly why Arians was fired. :yesnod:

And you're not comprehending the numbers you're looking at. He's posted a 100+ QB rating in 2 seasons, and a 90+ Qb rating in 4 seasons. He posted an 80 in another season and a 70+ in the season he came back from a major accident and appendicitis. 6 out of 8 seasons at 90+ is as consistent as it gets.

What trend am I supposed to be looking for? How much more can he improve? He had a 98+ QB rating in his first two seasons? He was supposed to improve on that? Eli started his career with a QB rating in the 50s, and then he "improved" to a QB rating in the 70s for the next three seasons. He had plenty of ceiling to improve. Roethlisberger did not.

JoeSteelerFan
02-08-2012, 08:57 PM
Ugh, that's the point I was making....

Manning has improved into a very good QB over the years, whereas Ben started out as a good QB, but never statistically improved each year like Eli has.

Ben's performance is erratic ... on again, off again.

elephantman
02-08-2012, 09:11 PM
And you're not comprehending the numbers you're looking at. He's posted a 100+ QB rating in 2 seasons, and a 90+ Qb rating in 4 seasons. He posted an 80 in another season and a 70+ in the season he came back from a major accident and appendicitis. 6 out of 8 seasons at 90+ is as consistent as it gets.

What trend am I supposed to be looking for? How much more can he improve? He had a 98+ QB rating in his first two seasons? He was supposed to improve on that? Eli started his career with a QB rating in the 50s, and then he "improved" to a QB rating in the 70s for the next three seasons. He had plenty of ceiling to improve. Roethlisberger did not.

^ thats a good point, Eli had LOTS of room for improving, yet he has...starting this yr he will be placed in the Top 5 going in (derservingly so)...and I like the fact that many QB's had great and greater yrs and BEN had a mostly typical yr....this should humble Ben and I hope he really goes out and practices hard and keep up with these guys...straighten out that O line and he could be right up there, I expect 27 points a game this yr on Offense, 20 is unexceptable...especuallly assuming our D will give up an extra 4-7 points from last yr
with that said, I think Eli is slightly better than Ben Right NOW

LarryNJ
02-08-2012, 10:10 PM
We aren't the only ones asking this question.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/17181093/eli-vs-peyton-eli-or-big-ben-is-much-better-question

He finishes it up with:

...So let the debate begin: Manning or Roethlisberger. Between them they have four Super Bowl victories and six conference-championship game appearances in eight years. I'll take that ... which means I'll take either.

Only I still lean ever-so-slightly toward Roethlisberge

I agree with this guy.

cuatro_tres43
02-08-2012, 10:23 PM
never

elephantman
02-08-2012, 10:50 PM
We aren't the only ones asking this question.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/17181093/eli-vs-peyton-eli-or-big-ben-is-much-better-question

He finishes it up with:

I agree with this guy.

^he says they have a combined 6 Conference championship appearances...well he's right but Ben has 4 and Eli 2...he neglected to mention a bit swayed...

LarryNJ
02-09-2012, 01:55 PM
^he says they have a combined 6 Conference championship appearances...well he's right but Ben has 4 and Eli 2...he neglected to mention a bit swayed...

You must have missed this paragraph, it's not swayed. I think it goes to prove that as a fan of a particular team we tend to hear what we want. We often think that an announcer is against us because the things they say negative about us or positive about our opponent is what sticks in our minds. When actually they are not being bias at all. It's not a bad thing it's simply human nature.

He has one more playoff appearance (six), two more conference championship appearances (four) and one more division championship (four), and, yeah, I know, he also has Dick LeBeau and one of the NFL's toughest defenses. But the Giants are built on defense, too, and while this year's unit was a disappointing 27th overall, it flexed its muscle in the playoffs, allowing no opponent more than 17 points and only one more than 21 yards on any play.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-10-2012, 05:11 PM
There's been a poll on espn about who is better, Ben is in the lead by a huge margin overall since 2004.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/42068/poll-roethlisberger-or-eli-manning

No surprise here at all, the long term it's no question who's been more consistent.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Funny about the numbers the last few years.......Ben in 2010 was awesome...In 12 games he had 3200 yards, 17 TD's and only 5 INT's....Project that over a full 16 games please.....In 2009 Ben was awesome.....over 4000 yards and 26 TD's...Plus Ben at least had 5-6 TD's dropped that year.....Yea Ben isn't progressing as a QB.....lol Just flat out nonsense............This past season he got off to a rough start but after that rough start he had a 5-6 week run were he was awesome.....The ankle ruined the lost month of 2011 for him......Really were do some of you guys come up with this crap?....lol

Sir Blitzelot
02-10-2012, 07:56 PM
Well obviously they both have two rings. So, I look at wins. Since 2004: Roethlisberger 90-36, Win %: 71.43
Manning 77-53, Win %: 59.23

Ben > Eli :2cents:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Well obviously they both have two rings. So, I look at wins. Since 2004: Roethlisberger 90-36, Win %: 71.43
Manning 77-53, Win %: 59.23

Ben > Eli :2cents:

Well said Blitz, I don't think there's any question Ben is the more consistent. Had we won against the Packers last year it would have been even more lopsided in the minds of fans.

CowherPower
02-12-2012, 04:38 PM
I hate to say it but Eli has done way better in Super Bowls than Ben has. This is a what have you done for me lately league and Eli now has too and has been the MVP.

If there was one other QB that I would like to have other than Ben, it's Eli. He's tough like Roethlisberger and plays a similar style.

NYCsteelersfan
02-14-2012, 07:05 PM
I hate to say it but Eli has done way better in Super Bowls than Ben has. This is a what have you done for me lately league and Eli now has too and has been the MVP.

If there was one other QB that I would like to have other than Ben, it's Eli. He's tough like Roethlisberger and plays a similar style.

Roethlisberger played in his first Superbowl in his second year while Eli was improving on his rookie year 50 something QB rating with a 70 something QB rating. Roethlisberger, in his second Superbowl, played just as well as Eli did in his first. And Roethlisberger would've won that Superbowl MVP if his last name was Manning, Brady, or Tebow.

I've watch Eli since he first came into the league, he's as tough as Brady. He'll toss that ball up for grabs before taking a hit. If he gets hit, it's because he wasn't able to throw the ball away, not because throwing it away would be dangerous.

DBR96A
02-15-2012, 08:03 PM
Isn't it great to see the media and NFL fans at large (jncluding many Steeler fans, sadly) painting themselves into a logical corner as we speak? If Eli Manning is now "elite," then Ben Roethlisberger has been elite all along. Check out the way their careers have gone so far:

Winning percentage

Ben Roethlisberger: 80-33 (.708)
Eli Manning: 69-50 (.580)

Completion percentage

Ben Roethlisberger: 63.1%
Eli Manning: 58.4%

Yards per game

Ben Roethlisberger: 235.2
Eli Manning: 231.8

Yards per attempt

Ben Roethlisberger: 8.0
Eli Manning: 7.0

TD percentage

Ben Roethlisberger: 5.0%
Eli Manning: 4.7%

INT percentage

Ben Roethlisberger: 3.0%
Eli Manning: 3.3%

TD/INT ratio

Ben Roethlisberger: 1.65
Eli Manning: 1.43

Passer rating

Ben Roethlisberger: 92.1
Eli Manning: 82.1

Hey, everybody who says that Roethlisberger isn't elite keeps saying that his career numbers aren't good enough, you know? Well Eli's career numbers are even worse. Ben Roethlisberger has a better career winning percentage, completion percentage, TD percentage, INT percentage, TD/INT ratio and passer rating than Eli Manning does, plus more yards per game and yards per attempt. But I guess that doesn't matter when you factor in important stuff like their last names. Silly me.

By the way, Eli took three sacks during Super Bowl XLVI, and held the ball for at least four seconds on each of them. He also wasted two timeouts due to poor clock management, and he only threw one TD pass. Is there any doubt that if Roethlisberger was the one playing, then Hakeem Nicks would have been named the MVP? And isn't it funny how Eli's perfect pass to Mario Manningham was a "great throw" but Roethlisberger's perfect pass to Santonio Holmes was a "great catch"?

The double standard thrives.

NYCsteelersfan
02-15-2012, 09:57 PM
Isn't it great to see the media and NFL fans at large (jncluding many Steeler fans, sadly) painting themselves into a logical corner as we speak? If Eli Manning is now "elite," then Ben Roethlisberger has been elite all along.

Hey, everybody who says that Roethlisberger isn't elite keeps saying that his career numbers aren't good enough, you know? Well Eli's career numbers are even worse. Ben Roethlisberger has a better career winning percentage, completion percentage, TD percentage, INT percentage, TD/INT ratio and passer rating than Eli Manning does, plus more yards per game and yards per attempt. But I guess that doesn't matter when you factor in important stuff like their last names. Silly me.

By the way, Eli took three sacks during Super Bowl XLVI, and held the ball for at least four seconds on each of them. He also wasted two timeouts due to poor clock management, and he only threw one TD pass. Is there any doubt that if Roethlisberger was the one playing, then Hakeem Nicks would have been named the MVP? And isn't it funny how Eli's perfect pass to Mario Manningham was a "great throw" but Roethlisberger's perfect pass to Santonio Holmes was a "great catch"?

The double standard thrives.

Excellent post!

You forgot one of the media's/fans favorite excuses: Roethlisberger is on a better team and he only has to be a "game manager" but the great Eli puts the Giants on his back.

DBR96A
02-16-2012, 12:39 AM

If you honestly think the Steelers would have even made it to Super Bowl XL if it wasn't for Roethlisberger, jump off a bridge.

DBR96A
02-16-2012, 12:46 AM
Excellent post!

You forgot one of the media's/fans favorite excuses: Roethlisberger is on a better team and he only has to be a "game manager" but the great Eli puts the Giants on his back.

Never mind that Eli Manning has a better offensive line, defensive line and WR corps, and until now has had a better offensive coordinator. Ben Roethlisberger has a better TE, safeties and defensive coordinator. They're about even at RB and CB.