PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys miss seeing from the past.

steelchamp204
02-06-2012, 02:07 PM
I miss seeing Joey Porter every sunday talking **** to the other team and getting the defense pumped up. I miss the trash talk and actually backing it up. Guy was one of my favorite steelers to watch and listen to on the radio when I had to work sundays. I also miss seeing Ben run for first downs like he did when he was a rookie, especially after watching Maddox play for them years before :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2012, 02:10 PM
I miss watching players be able to hit a Quarterback or Wide Receiver and not get flagged or fined.

I miss the trash talking too; Porter made that an artform.

I miss Greg Lloyd wearing his "I wasn't hired for my disposition" Tshirt during warmups and at training camp.

Real Deal Steel
02-06-2012, 02:18 PM
I miss the old rules of the game. These new rules have pussified the game so much.

LatrobePA
02-06-2012, 03:02 PM
I miss:

1) Swarming defense, twisting stunts up the gut with speed.
2) Gadget plays on offense.
3) Our DB's blasting a WR to jar the ball loose.

SteelDad
02-06-2012, 03:36 PM
I miss more money in my paycheck.

SteelCityVoice
02-06-2012, 03:38 PM
I miss the kind of football we saw just a few years ago. Roger Goodell is a piece of ****. Love how he talks trash about the Pro Bowl when that is exactly the kind of football he is going to have in a few years if he keeps going the way he's going.

LatrobePA
02-06-2012, 03:55 PM
I miss the kind of football we saw just a few years ago. Roger Goodell is a piece of ****. Love how he talks trash about the Pro Bowl when that is exactly the kind of football he is going to have in a few years if he keeps going the way he's going.

Damn I like your thinking man! :cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2012, 04:18 PM
That's exactly what the pro bowl is coming too and he can't even see it. You want to get rid of the pro bowl but yet you preach more offense, more high scoring, and less hitting on defense. You got a taste of what the NFL is turning into and it's not as good as you think is it Commish?

Something else I miss, Bill Cowher's jaw jutting spit fest on the sideline and a "LETS GO" shout every time they needed a big play.

Stone
02-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Football!

Not steroid induced, rule controlled, pass happy, me first, gangsters.

MattyVfromCT
02-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Something else I miss, Bill Cowher's jaw jutting spit fest on the sideline and a "LETS GO" shout every time they needed a big play.

MOST DEFINITELY! that man can fire anybody up! i miss that intensity. i miss FOOTBALL. you know, that game that USED to be physical and didn't have a god damn flag thrown whenever a ab or receiver is breathed on. peezy's trash talk, lloyd's big hits, woodson pick 6's, relentless pass rush, the bus running over everything in his path especially RAY LEWIS AND UNRLACHER, etc, etc, etc

NorCalSteel
02-06-2012, 07:27 PM
lol that's funny goodel ruins the Probowl then complains about it......
I miss being able to shutdown people at the end of a football game when we have the lead..that's what I miss the most.

LET THEM FRIKEN PLAY !!!!!!!!!

North Steel
02-06-2012, 08:54 PM
All of the above. I miss the bus running over people,I miss the fu*k you, we're going to smash you in the face attitude.:helmet: I'll I kept saying while watching the SB last night was, that should of been us instead of that puke Brady.With us winning of course.:cursin:

MDSteel15
02-07-2012, 10:46 AM
I miss an intimidating defense that doesn't have to worry about how hard they hit somebady! :yellowthumb: I miss Kordell as SLASH! :bunny: I miss Joey Porter barking across the line at the offense telling them what he was about to do and doing it! :rant2: I miss Rod Woodson taking a kickoff and running it back for a TD! :yesnod: I miss a bruising running game with a monster FB that just crams the ball down your throat and even though you knew it was coming, there was nothing you could do about it! :eek1: I miss REAL FOOTBALL!!!