PDA

View Full Version : $9,000,000,000 and half time sucks?

Stone
02-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Why in the hell can't the NFL have a half time show that makes you say WOW! Instead of "another washed up has been, who sucks"

Madonna? WTF? Are you kidding me?

It blows my mind!

RIVERS OF STEEL
02-05-2012, 04:29 PM
makes ya wonder about the available talent pool. scrapin the bottom...

SteelCityKid5
02-05-2012, 04:47 PM
get Motorhead to do the gig, make your ears bleed

MattyVfromCT
02-05-2012, 05:09 PM
i'm surprised they haven't brought lawrence welk back from the dead to perform a halftime show yet............

RIVERS OF STEEL
02-05-2012, 05:27 PM
The pre game is pretty lame too.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-05-2012, 05:42 PM
Did you guys see Madonna recently, holy jeebus she looks amazing for being in her mid 50's now! Wow!

Me being an 80's guy, although not really a pop fan, I can somewhat enjoy seeing an icon from that time making a comeback. Hey, atleast we aren't seeing Keith Richards with one foot in the grave doing the show..LOL

Personally I'd rather see KISS do the halftime show, but that's just me :kiss:

RIVERS OF STEEL
02-05-2012, 05:45 PM
kinda like cher. $$$$$$$$$$$$ and a good plastic surgeon. it's her money, do what ya want. just sayin. keith my hero.

MattyVfromCT
02-05-2012, 06:11 PM
The pre game is pretty lame too.

when ISN'T the pre game lame? lol. they always have these stupid "red carpet" shows with all these dumb 2nd and 3rd rate celebrities that know NOTHING about football trying to give the real fans their garbage predictions. please........

xBlitzBurghx
02-05-2012, 06:16 PM
Get some Slipknot in there :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Nolrog
02-05-2012, 06:19 PM
At least she'll move around. The rolling stones were in the halftime show about 10 years after they all died.

Speeed
02-05-2012, 07:17 PM
Maybe we will have a wardrobe malfunction.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Ok that was an impressive halftime show. Like Madonna or now she did a really good job. That stage was incredible!

Ibleedblk&gld
02-05-2012, 09:19 PM
That halftime show was damn impressive

Speeed
02-05-2012, 09:31 PM
I agree. Madonna looked great. She has slowed down a bit though, but that would be expected. I grew up watching her. I am impressed.

Dobre Shunka
02-05-2012, 10:01 PM
It was?

<speechless>

BlitzburghRockCity
02-05-2012, 11:16 PM
I wonder how many hits that halftime show and her new video will get on youtube tomorrow..LOL

NHStlrfan
02-05-2012, 11:21 PM

:nono: Give me a high school band and 10 minutes and I'll put something out there better than any show since the wardrobe failure. Get rid of the politically correct idiots running these things and get someone out there who has a clue. Embarrassing show once again. How about using all that money to fight hunger or homelessness and stop wasting it on this crap!

floodcitygirl
02-06-2012, 12:47 AM
I was never a Madonna fan. But I thought it was decent entertainment. Surgery or not, she does look great and must work hard at it. I will say that I don't appreciate the anti-American comments that I've heard attributed to her or her faked European accent.

Nolrog
02-06-2012, 07:15 AM
Maybe we will have a wardrobe malfunction.

Didn't happen. I guess she was wearing socks.

I thought the halftime show was aweful. Just horrible. Madonna looked about as enthusiastic to be out there as I am to go to work this morning. It had no heart and no energy. The Grateful Dead with Jerry Garcia would give a more lively performance.

OldSchool58
02-06-2012, 07:43 AM
I must have been watching the wrong half time show. I thought the gay dudes with wings and tiny little hats were funny......

Next year they should have 5 finger death punch.

Zachintosh66
02-06-2012, 09:18 AM
A. Halftime is always lame, so what really were you expecting?
B. I actually thought it was better than I expected it to be (coulda been the beers influence tho)
C. At least it wasnt the 90 yr old Stones again, granted i love my R&R but to watch acts like that struggle to "hang on" to some sort of relevance now-a-days is painful
D. Other than Michael Jackson I cant think of a Halftime show that was even worth a damn, and I got a feeling the majority on this board wouldnt feel the same way i do about MJ

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2012, 10:15 AM
Michael Jackson halftime show, no doubt a good one. If hadn’t passed away I wouldn’t mind seeing him do another halftime. I admit I didn’t care for him much back in the 80s and even though his music isn’t my style you have to respect what the guys done.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2012, 11:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x6x9gaVeDI&feature=youtu.be

Stone
02-06-2012, 11:15 AM
1. The choreography was okay in a gay sort of way (not that there's anything wrong with gay)

2. Some sound man is probably out of work as of the kick off for the second half because you could not hear the vocals at all.

3. The lip synching was enough to make me say "pure garbage" to the whole thing.

4. Hire a Vegas act (Blue Man Group for example) and televise it......then all the BS about the demographics (old versus young) goes away.

Nolrog
02-06-2012, 11:16 AM
D. Other than Michael Jackson I cant think of a Halftime show that was even worth a damn, and I got a feeling the majority on this board wouldnt feel the same way i do about MJ

The Black Eyed Peas were pretty good last year. Didn't they have McCartney not too long ago as well? That wasn't bad either.

With regards to MIA, well, I'm a cynic, so keep that in mind when I say this. That was a calculated move to keep her in the conversation long after halftime was over. She's a British RAP artist, who's probably lesser known in the US and now not only will everyone know who she is, but they'll go looking to hear songs from her.

I don't think for a second it was a political statement or an anti-US sentiment. I think she was thinking pro-green, and not the environmental type either.

Stone
02-06-2012, 11:17 AM
Michael Jackson halftime show, no doubt a good one. If hadnít passed away I wouldnít mind seeing him do another halftime. I admit I didnít care for him much back in the 80s and even though his music isnít my style you have to respect what the guys done.

The only Michael Jackson half time show I would want to see would be in conjunction with the Marine Snipers. Michael does his best moves and the snipers try to shoot him in the head from 1 mile away:lol:

LatrobePA
02-06-2012, 11:21 AM
Thanks Janet for the tit shot that ruined halftime shows forever!

MIA = POS!

Speeed
02-06-2012, 12:18 PM
How about some GWAR!

PITTxPRIDE
02-06-2012, 01:36 PM
im just glad to see nicki minaj there, she is baddddd

xBlitzBurghx
02-06-2012, 03:38 PM
im just glad to see nicki minaj there, she is baddddd

Lmao! This is the best comment I've ever seen

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

TheButt
02-07-2012, 07:18 PM
Didn't happen. I guess she was wearing socks.

I thought the halftime show was aweful. Just horrible. Madonna looked about as enthusiastic to be out there as I am to go to work this morning. It had no heart and no energy. The Grateful Dead with Jerry Garcia would give a more lively performance.

You're an idiot.

Nolrog
02-07-2012, 08:24 PM
You're an idiot.

I'm not sure how to reply to such a well thought out and intelligent response. Your superior intellect is shining through.