PDA

View Full Version : No matter what happens, we still got 6!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-05-2012, 01:37 PM
The greatest sports day of the year, an unofficial national holiday, it's Super Bowl Sunday. Even though our team is not in uniform at Lucas Oil Stadium today, most of us are still going to watch the game. We won't be cheering hard, throwing remotes at bad plays, or trying to figure out half time adjustments but you still just can't help but watch.

It may sound like sour grapes to say, "Well my team still has more than anybody else, no matter what happens today", but sometimes that's what gets you through this final game of the season when you can't cheer for the black 'n gold to bring home another Lombardi. I have to admit, that loss in the Wildcard round to Denver still stings. If the defense could just make one more stop, Ben would find a way to drive down and get the winning score.

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/../blog/wp-includes/js/tinymce/plugins/wordpress/img/trans.gifThe memory of last season is still clear as a bell for me. You spent the entire day watching the endless hours of pregame coverage while your party food waits. You remember the team running out onto the field during the introductions, watching the warm-ups as you pace in your living room hoping Mike Tomlin and his staff have prepared enough to win. How will the game play out? Who will be the guy to make that one big play or one big mistake that determines the outcome of the game? If they do win, who's going to come back next year and who won't, will they be set up for another run? All these questions burn in your mind the days leading up to the game and then come to a head at kickoff.

You stress yourself out all during the game, thinking of missed opportunities for touchdowns or an important defensive stop that didn't happen. You say to yourself, there's still plenty of time left, Ben can bring them back, he always does. Late in the 4th quarter against the Cardinals, with the game on the line, Roethlisberger drives the offense for one of the most memorable finishes in Super Bowl history. Surely he'll do it again and the Stairway to Seven will be complete. Even though Super Bowl XLV didn't turn out the way we hoped, that experience still lives with you as a diehard fan. It's a tough pill to swallow no matter how long ago the game was. I still think about the loss to the Cowboys in XXX, and how they came so close.

The Steelers have been in 8 Super Bowls in their history and every one of them is special in their own way, win or lose. The excitement, the anticipation, the pride, so many feelings that fans of lesser teams can only dream of experiencing but the Steeler Nation has been able to do so more than anyone else. So no matter what happens today brothers and sisters of the SteelerNation, WE STILL GOT 6!

RIVERS OF STEEL
02-05-2012, 02:16 PM
Nothing to be ashamed of. The Steelers are in a league of their own and the NFL.
Can you believe the pre-game stuff is already on NBC.

steelchamp204
02-05-2012, 02:34 PM
I love that we got six, I just hate the steeler people who use that as a comeback. Its annoying as **** lol

RIVERS OF STEEL
02-05-2012, 02:47 PM
I love that we got six, I just hate the steeler people who use that as a comeback. Its annoying as **** lol

Your right. It just feels lame. We are either the world champs or nothing until the next time. Everybody knows we got six.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Honestly I don't have to use that "we still got 6" thing very often unless you really into a stupid argument with someone who doesn't listen to reason and even then they still don't get it. . All they say is, oh the Steelers this and that, they suck, they're old, blah blah blah. For the truly knowledgeable sports fan, they know the legacy that Pittsburgh has whether they like it or not.

I really hate it when people say that Steeler fans live in the past! Really? So 3 Super Bowl appearances and 2 wins in recent history doesn't count? Hell if you go that route than last years game was in the past no matter who won.

MattyVfromCT
02-05-2012, 03:19 PM
either way i don't want the pats winning another. i have to deal with these *******s every ****ing day. and it's funny, now that they're IN the super bowl i'm seeing a ridiculous increase in gay patriots jerseys and other gear being worn everywhere. they only show up when the team is doing well. most fairweather fans i've ever seen in my life........

Nolrog
02-05-2012, 06:22 PM
I hate the Patriots so much, I was rooting for Baltimore to win. Listening to ESPN (local) station this morning, the host proclaimed that Belichick and Brady were the best coach/QB combination ever. I guess 4-0 (in 6 years) doesn't get the recognition it once did. I almost called in.

Anyway, nothing would give me more pleasure than seeing the Crybaby and the Cheat lose again. But, alas, I see them winning in big time rout fashion.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Pats fans are almost as bad to talk to as Ravens fans. They think the world revolves around Brady and Belichick. I get the whole support your team thing but you can't even hold an intelligent conversation without it turning into how great they are.

MattyVfromCT
02-05-2012, 07:16 PM
Pats fans are almost as bad to talk to as Ravens fans. They think the world revolves around Brady and Belichick. I get the whole support your team thing but you can't even hold an intelligent conversation without it turning into how great they are.

pat fans are worse. try living up here the last 10 years while they've had our number. buncha of arrogant douchebags. especially during 07. all they did was talk **** to every fanbase up here the whole season. you could be talking about teams that arent playing them or had nothing to do with the pats and these fags just HAD to butt in and start talking about how great they and how much everyone else sucks. then when they lose they dont want to hear about it. well hey, *******s, none of us asked you to talk about the pats to us. so too ****ing bad. you ran your mouths, now it's time to open up wide cuz we got a nice big shitburger for ya to eat whether you like it or not. they can dish it out but cant take it

Troyisabeast_43
02-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Well we got what we wanted seeing that both the Ravens and Patriots both lost and both didnt win the Super Bowl. We all know how hard it is to get back to the Super Bowl after you lose it which will make it that much more difficult for the Pats next season which makes the Steelers odds a lot better for next year. Anyway this season is officially over now and in the past and referred to as last season. Everything that happened this season in terms of the Ravens sweep and the Ravens winning the division over us means nothing now because that was last year and it's a new season from this day going forward...

Nolrog
02-06-2012, 01:21 PM
Well we got what we wanted seeing that both the Ravens and Patriots both lost and both didnt win the Super Bowl.

I thought the Ravens won the Supber Bowl 3 other times this year. :nahnah:

SuperSteelers
02-06-2012, 11:17 PM
You want to see a Pats fan turn red in anger, all you have to mention "spygate" and how they haven't won a superbowl since getting caught cheating.