PDA

View Full Version : OC Rumors and Speculations

JollyRob68
02-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Giants QB Coach Mike Sullivan was a name floated out there as a possible hire. The speculation is because he's Coaching in the Super Bowl it can't be reported yet. I'm wondering how people would feel about him getting the position?
Looking at the Giants I see that Art II would like that type of team.(team Back) The Giants have a two headed monster at running backs,Eli has a decent passing game and he still takes shots down field. I think this would be a Very Good hire and it wouldn't be a retread coach.

-Rip Scherer was loosely floated because of his connection to Mike Tomlin
-Alex Van Pelt- Steelers inquired about him and rumored they want to interview
-Kirby Wilson- waiting to see when he'd be healthy enough to do the job
-Hue Jackson- Speculation, JIm Wexel said he got a text from a friend who said stay away from him. However, He knows the division, had a 1300 yard RB when he coached Washington. He improved Flacco & Campbell and would bring out the best in Big Ben as he turns 30.

What are your thoughts and why can every other team fill there coaching needs quickly but us Steelers take so long?

Steelers_All_Day_43
02-04-2012, 12:44 PM
The idea of mike Sullivan is interesting. Has he ever been an OC though? There is no guarantee he'd run our offense like gilbride runs the giants'.

JollyRob68
02-04-2012, 01:04 PM
The idea of mike Sullivan is interesting. Has he ever been an OC though? There is no guarantee he'd run our offense like gilbride runs the giants'.

No he hasn't and you right no guarantee.
Another name was Matt Cavanaugh he's with the Jets and they were Awful this year.

Steelers_All_Day_43
02-04-2012, 02:09 PM
As of Fri, Feb 3 @ 3:40pm ET, it's my understanding that Todd Haley's the frontrunner for the #Steelers off coord job---but nothing decided.

http://twitter.com/#!/albyox

I still have hope we'll get him. GET IT DONE

BlitzburghRockCity
02-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Sullivan would be interested candidate. He's got the knowledge having worked with Eli Manning and he understands the importance of running the football. Both things Rooney II is clearly interested in.

LevonKirkland99
02-04-2012, 04:16 PM
As of Fri, Feb 3 @ 3:40pm ET, it's my understanding that Todd Haley's the frontrunner for the #Steelers off coord job---but nothing decided.

http://twitter.com/#!/albyox

I still have hope we'll get him. GET IT DONE

Haley has a strong personality...He may clash with Tomlin. I don't think he has an impressive resume, but what do I know...

LatrobePA
02-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Haley blew up a few times and he's now too much of a hot head for this team, bla bla bla!

coldrolled
02-04-2012, 04:21 PM
haley news has been quite, some team has him signing.

US.. COOL..

LevonKirkland99
02-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Haley blew up a few times and he's now too much of a hot head for this team, bla bla bla!

Agree with you. I don't think Haley is a good fit...a bit of a short fuse.

LatrobePA
02-04-2012, 05:28 PM
I was meaning the opposite of what you're thinking.. Sorry!

Steelers_All_Day_43
02-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Look at his offensive #'s. How can you say he hasn't had an
impressive resume?

Cricker24
02-04-2012, 05:53 PM
there was a report that Jim Zorn would be the Chiefs next QB coach unless he's offered the Steelers OC job. I don't know if that means Zorn has interviewed for the position already or will soon. he's someone I hadn't heard as an option until today. thoughts?

Chris

Steelers_All_Day_43
02-04-2012, 06:02 PM
there was a report that Jim Zorn would be the Chiefs next QB coach unless he's offered the Steelers OC job. I don't know if that means Zorn has interviewed for the position already or will soon. he's someone I hadn't heard as an option until today. thoughts?

Chris

HELL NO

JollyRob68
02-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Hope we hear something soon. Excited about the change

BlitzburghRockCity
02-04-2012, 10:00 PM
According to LaCanfora:

Jim Zorn is expected to remain the Chiefs QBs coach following the hiring of Brian Daboll as offensive coordinator.

According to NFL.com's Jason La Canfora, Zorn will only leave if offered the Steelers' offensive coordinator job. It's another sign the Chiefs plan to stick with Matt Cassel at quarterback despite coach Romeo Crennel's vow to bring in competition. Feb. 4 - 12:24 pm

We've heard nothing concrete about Zorn being considered for the Steelers job. He's another guy that couldn't handle it as a head coach. If I had to choose between Zorn and Jackson though I'd go with Jackson.

LatrobePA
02-04-2012, 10:12 PM
I'd take Bruce back over Zorn...

RIVERS OF STEEL
02-04-2012, 11:48 PM
How about this? You'll know it when it happens. Oh, if Zorn ever sets foot in PA. The end...

coldrolled
02-05-2012, 09:27 AM
I'd take Bruce back over Zorn...

Take that back... NOW!!!!

LatrobePA
02-05-2012, 09:48 AM
Take that back... NOW!!!!

Haaaaaaa Zorn is a stiff and Bruce is a douche!

wyn50
02-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Sullivan would be interesting pick since he works with Eli and could coach Ben.

Real Deal Steel
02-06-2012, 05:28 PM
Sullivan would be interested candidate. He's got the knowledge having worked with Eli Manning and he understands the importance of running the football. Both things Rooney II is clearly interested in.

I believe there is a lot of truth to this rumor because the front office could have hired Haley or anyone else that was available by now. So it's obvious they are clearly waiting on a certain candidate and it's probably Sullivan. And we can all see that Sullivan runs a balanced offense.

SteelCityVoice
02-06-2012, 05:44 PM
A report is coming out on Twitter from a KC reporter that Haley has been hired by the Steelers. Nothing confirmed yet but this seems to be getting some legs.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2012, 05:51 PM
Ive been following twitter on this topic but haven't had anything confirmed yet either.