PDA

View Full Version : Todd Haley could emerge as Steelers offensive coordinator candidate

coldrolled
01-30-2012, 08:36 PM
Jason La Canfora✔
@JasonLaCanfora

Mike Tomlin has been making calls gathering info on Todd Haley. Could emerge as OC candidate with Steelers #insideslant

LatrobePA
01-30-2012, 08:41 PM
I like this so fn much I could dance like a sissy (Hines)!!

coldrolled
01-30-2012, 08:54 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers linebackers coach Keith Butler agreed to a new contract with the team on Monday, one day before he was scheduled to interview with the Indianapolis Colts for their vacant defensive coordinator position, according to league sources.

Smith: Recent hires don't quite fit

There have been a flurry of new hires around the NFL. And while Jason Smith doesn't dislike any of them, he writes that some could have been matched better to their situations. More ...

Meanwhile, former Kansas City Chiefs head coach Todd Haley could emerge as a candidate for Pittsburgh's offensive coordinator position, league sources said.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin has been making calls around the league and inquiring about Haley, who had been in talks with the Arizona Cardinals as well.

Haley has strong ties to the Pittsburgh area and the Rooney family. Pittsburgh is looking to replace Bruce Arians, who is joining the Colts.

Butler's contract had expired, although he had been in negotiations with the Steelers. He is highly respected and has long been viewed as the successor to LeBeau, who goes year-to-year on his contracts but is showing no signs of slowing down.

SteelCityKid5
01-30-2012, 08:54 PM
Im on board for Todd Haley

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Fjsjxydksjchflcivifjsyvsucy DO IT.

Go 'Lers
01-30-2012, 09:02 PM
The news of Todd Haley being considered for the the OC job is intriguing.

If we hire him I have only one request of Mr. Rooney...

NO "OLD STYLE" OFFENSE. We play in the 21st century NFL, not in leather helmets. Let Roethlisberger soar and bring the run game up to the passing games level...not bringing the pass game down in any way.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2012, 09:04 PM
I'm just not completely sold on Todd Haley. He completely lost that team in KC this year. Now granted he lost his starting QB and RB and had a rash of injuries but still. I'm not completely thumbs down but I'm not doing dances just yet.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-30-2012, 09:08 PM
I'm just not completely sold on Todd Haley. He completely lost that team in KC this year. Now granted he lost his starting QB and RB and had a rash of injuries but still. I'm not completely thumbs down but I'm not doing dances just yet.

Big difference being an OC then HC...Look at Norv Turner......As for Haley even though he had a **** load of talent to work with in AZ he still was a damn good OC with the Cards.....He would have a **** load of talent to work with the Steelers...I would be more then thrilled with Todd Haley as OC and really I hope he is the next OC.....Him or Fitchner just name the damn OC already.....:lol:

xBlitzBurghx
01-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Big difference being an OC then HC...Look at Norv Turner......As for Haley even though he had a **** load of talent to work with in AZ he still was a damn good OC with the Cards.....He would have a **** load of talent to work with the Steelers...I would be more then thrilled with Todd Haley as OC and really I hope he is the next OC.....Him or Fitchner just name the damn OC already.....:lol:

I agree with this. Tomlin keeps the team in check and things in place and Haley calls the calls on offense. If we could score 30 plus points a game no one would be able to stop us! Our offense would go HAM

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

HUNT4SEVEN
01-30-2012, 09:28 PM
I'm for Haley being our OC, But imma tell yaw now Ben will want a trade watch what i tell ya, Ben said back when Cowher was coach that he does not do well when he is yelled at, and haley loves to yell at his QB's Haley said he is from the Bill Parcells tree and that's how he is, If and i hope we do hire Haley get ya:popcorn::popcorn: ready...

lloydfan4life
01-30-2012, 09:30 PM
Ben just needs to suck it up and stop being a drama queen. :OA02:

coldrolled
01-30-2012, 09:46 PM
Ben needs to get yelled at a little..

He is far from perfect or elite. Warner did fine with haley, ben could call kurt for support kurt likes ben.. kurt called for us the be in the SB this year too.

Diehardsteel
01-30-2012, 10:11 PM
Ben just needs to suck it up and stop being a drama queen. :OA02:

Yes. Ben needs to be treated like every other NFL QB, not like a damn princess. Hire the man! Fire and intensity is what this team needs.

JoeSteelerFan
01-30-2012, 10:50 PM
I'd be fine with Haley, but to be perfectly honest .... I think it's a smoke-screen. I think they're going with Fichtner.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2012, 10:54 PM
Wouldn't be the first time the Steelers have smoke screened a candidate. Although it wouldn't make much sense to do so right now. If you like Fichtner just hire him. I get the due diligence part of it I guess but it seems much to do about nothing.

HUNT4SEVEN
01-30-2012, 10:58 PM
Ben needs to get yelled at a little..

He is far from perfect or elite. Warner did fine with haley, ben could call kurt for support kurt likes ben.. kurt called for us the be in the SB this year too.

:clap::clap::clap:He does need to be yelled at, and he needs to be Coached and to be more accurate ( his arm strength could be better also ), and to get rid of the ball quicker, when Todd was in AZ there offense was dangerous, i'm sure he would do the same if not be better with the talent we have :crossfingers: hoping we sign him...

SteelDad
01-31-2012, 08:21 AM
I'd be fine with Haley, but to be perfectly honest .... I think it's a smoke-screen. I think they're going with Fichtner.

This. :iagree:

SteelDad
01-31-2012, 08:34 AM
In 2008, the year Haley as OC took the Cards to the SB, the team was #4 in total offense and #2 in Passing. They were dead last in rushing.

In 2007, they were 12th in total offense, 5th in passing and 29th in rushing.

As HC in Kansas City

In 2009, KC was 25th in Total offense, 25th in passing, 11th in rushing.

In 2010, KC was 12th in total offense, 30th in passing, 1st in rushing.

In 2011, KC was 27th in total offense, 25th in passing, 15th in rushing.

Frankly, these numbers are all over the place but I think you can point to one positive about Haley. It appears he does a pretty good job of adjusting to his talent. When his teams were loaded at QB and WR he flourished in the passing game and when he had better runners and worse QBs the team was better running the ball.

I'm not 100% on the Haley bandwagon, but I have to admit it would be interesting after looking at the numbers.

Callax
01-31-2012, 08:41 AM
I think he has better talent here in Pitt than he had in KC. I think the RB talent is better here than he had in AZ, but Warner LFitz and Boldin were better than what we have.. Although we have better depth of QB, WR talent (more WR that are better than AZ)
my opinion

LatrobePA
01-31-2012, 08:44 AM
He was overwhelmed and out numbered by injuries in KC, he's not a HC IMO..

jnes1216
01-31-2012, 08:48 AM
Here are some links from the Cardinals perspective.

http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2012/1/12/2701692/arizona-cardinals-todd-haley-2012-offensive-coordinator

http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2012/1/13/2704319/arizona-cardinals-todd-haley-offensive-coordinator-2012

BlitzburghRockCity
01-31-2012, 09:09 AM
I just don't care for this choice that much the more I think about it. I remember him screaming and carrying on like a lunatic on the sidelines, yelling at star players and just making a fool out of himself. Whether or not you think Ben needs more of a disciplined type of coach, this guy would be so over the top it wouldn't even be funny.

If Ben was all chummy chummy with Arians, do you really want to go polar opposite and bring in Haley?

K Train
01-31-2012, 09:28 AM

Mcdaniels is another example.

if haley is the hire, we have reason to rejoice

LatrobePA
01-31-2012, 09:30 AM

I agree 1/M %!

steelspikes
01-31-2012, 10:56 AM

Wasn't Superstar Tyler Palko lofting a potentially game-winning Hail Mary as time expired...as the mighty Steeler offensive had put up 13 against the fearsome KC defense?

K Train
01-31-2012, 11:22 AM
Wasn't Superstar Tyler Palko lofting a potentially game-winning Hail Mary as time expired...as the mighty Steeler offensive had put up 13 against the fearsome KC defense?

same fearsome defense that beat the mighty packers.

crennel did great things with that defense, theya re a healthy eric berry and a NT away from being a top 3 defense.

haley was fired for the bad season...but come on, jamaal charles blowing out his knee, eric berry blowing out his knee on the cusp of a breakout year, and then cassel (king of painfully average QBs) breaking himself too leaving palko (king of painfully terrible QBs)

he was awesome in AZ and Dallas, very sound gameplanner and not a madden player

LatrobePA
01-31-2012, 11:31 AM
I get chills thinking what Haley could bring to the table with all this talent... Could be SICK!!

JensK
01-31-2012, 12:08 PM
I don't understand what people have against charismatic characters. This team lacked passion last season, aside from a few young players. If for nothing else, Haley would bring in some new energy to this offense. Some much needed energy might I add. While I'm no fan of either of the Harbaugh's, I do admire the passion which they show on the sideline, and I think the players love them for doing so. Haley would be the same type of coach. Plus he is a brilliant OC.

K Train
01-31-2012, 12:11 PM
everyone loved bill cowher but wont bring in haley cause he gets in players faces? yeesh i cant understand fans sometimes

JensK
01-31-2012, 12:13 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh-steelers/09000d5d82673415/Big-Ben-wants-Randy-Fichtner-as-coordinator

Real Deal Steel
01-31-2012, 12:47 PM
I want Haley but he doesn't seem fit into what Mr. Rooney just mandated. Now.. I don't know if Haley was calling his plays based on his personnel in Arizona or not.
But if that be the case then maybe he can adjust his play calling to the personnel we have in Pittsburgh.

jpele
01-31-2012, 02:00 PM
I don't understand what people have against charismatic characters. This team lacked passion last season, aside from a few young players. If for nothing else, Haley would bring in some new energy to this offense. Some much needed energy might I add. While I'm no fan of either of the Harbaugh's, I do admire the passion which they show on the sideline, and I think the players love them for doing so. Haley would be the same type of coach. Plus he is a brilliant OC.

I understand what you're saying but Harbaugh's a bad example. I only ever see him whining to the officials. :greengrin:

tburg68
01-31-2012, 02:14 PM
Haley is the right choice. He game plans well and actually adjusts to the talent he has on his team. He also adjusts in game.

Fitchner is the safe hire, Haley is the right hire.

If the Steelers are worried about coaches yelling at players, then fire every coach and
let the players do whatever they want.

PITTxPRIDE
01-31-2012, 02:18 PM
Hahahaha this is cool news since i live in AZ, being hear i tend to hear good things... but he is a doubt in my mind CAUSE DA STEELAHS PUT SOME FOOT IN THAT A$%

Goodfrom55
01-31-2012, 02:35 PM
Good system, worked well with Kurt Warner and since he is from the "Parcells" coaching tree, he won't take any of Ben's crap - if there is any.

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-31-2012, 02:55 PM
I want Haley but he doesn't seem fit into what Mr. Rooney just mandated. Now.. I don't know if Haley was calling his plays based on his personnel in Arizona or not.
But if that be the case then maybe he can adjust his play calling to the personnel we have in Pittsburgh.

Haley adjusts well. In AZ, he adjusted to their personnel and had THREE 1,000 yard recievers, including Steve Breaston, who he made look like a very solid WR. When he went to KC, he turn JC into the leading rusher in the NFL.

--- Added 1/31/2012 at 01:55 PM ---

If the Steelers are worried about coaches yelling at players, then fire every coach and

This.

JollyRob68
01-31-2012, 04:17 PM

K Train, What are your thoughts on Hue Jackson as an OC or QB coach? Fitchner can hold down the fort for Kirby at RB coach until he returns.

--- Added 1/31/2012 at 02:09 PM ---

I agree :plus1:

--- Added 1/31/2012 at 02:12 PM ---

Haley is the right choice. He game plans well and actually adjusts to the talent he has on his team. He also adjusts in game.

Fitchner is the safe hire, Haley is the right hire.

:cope:

--- Added 1/31/2012 at 02:16 PM ---

Art Rooney wants a solid running game so give him a heavy dose of Redman & Clay and have Baron Batch or draft pick Isaiah Pead or Chris Rane as 3rd down backs.

--- Added 1/31/2012 at 03:17 PM ---

Mike Tomlin Interviewed Todd Haley Today.

LatrobePA
01-31-2012, 04:24 PM
Mike Tomlin Interviewed Todd Haley Today.

Hire his *** Mike!

Ibleedblk&gld
01-31-2012, 04:42 PM
@jimwexell: Steelers Digest reporting that Tomlin interviewed Todd Haley at the facility today.

Fingers crossed

BlitzburghRockCity
01-31-2012, 05:08 PM
Coach Mike Tomlin continued his search for an offensive coordinator when he interviewed Todd Haley today at the team’s practice facility.

The Steelers are looking for an offensive coordinator to replace Bruce Arians.

Haley, 45 on Feb. 28, most recently worked in the NFL as the coach of the Kansas City Chiefs. Hired there in 2009, Haley took the Chiefs to the AFC West title in 2010 but was fired 13 games into the 2011 season with Kansas City at 5-8.

Before being hired in Kansas City, Haley worked as an NFL assistant for four different teams over a 10-year span. He started as a wide receivers coach with the New York Jets in 1999; moved to Chicago to coach the Bears wide receivers in 2001; became the wide receivers coach/passing game coordinator in Dallas in 2004; and then was hired as Arizona’s offensive coordinator in 2007.

Haley is the son of Dick Haley, a Steelers defensive back from 1961-64 who went on to team with Art Rooney Jr. and Bill Nunn to head up the personnel department that built the four-time Super Bowl championship teams of the 1970s.

coldrolled
01-31-2012, 05:24 PM
Having Haley as OC will make MT think about being better at HC, with an ex HC behind him in the wings. Not BA or an old DL...

lloydfan4life
01-31-2012, 05:38 PM
Hire his *** Mike!

better yet, hire all of him Mike! :greengrin:

cuatro_tres43
01-31-2012, 06:08 PM
HIRE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!! That would make my day! It'd be the best news i've heard since the Browns hired Childress...man, is he horrible unless you are good at covering the draw.

LatrobePA
01-31-2012, 06:27 PM
Ben wants Randy... Let's see how MT handles this one!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-01-2012, 08:05 AM
Former Kansas City Chiefs coach Todd Haley, an Upper St. Clair native, is the latest candidate to interview for the Steelers' vacant offensive coordinator position. But the possibility of him being hired to replace Bruce Arians seems remote.

Haley, the son of former Steelers personnel director Dick Haley, was at the South Side facility Tuesday to meet with coach Mike Tomlin -- an interview uncharacteristically announced on the team's website.

Haley is the second former head coach to interview for the position. Former Indianapolis Colts coach Jim Caldwell was at the Steelers facility Saturday. Caldwell never was offered the position and agreed Monday to become the Baltimore Ravens quarterbacks coach.

Haley's interview was something of a surprise because he has a reputation for not getting along with players and coaches. He was the offensive coordinator for the Arizona Cardinals when they lost against the Steelers in Super Bowl XLIII.
Meantime, Arians was announced Tuesday as the new offensive coordinator in Indianapolis, a move that came 10 days after the Steelers announced he had decided to retire. But Arians, 59, was not offered a contract to return in 2012 and never intended to retire. He considered several jobs, including quarterbacks coach in Arizona, before joining the Colts.

The Colts also announced they have signed former Steelers assistant offensive line coach Harold Goodwin as their offensive line coach.

From the PG (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12032/1207231-66.stm#ixzz1l8QlVynV)

LatrobePA
02-01-2012, 08:37 AM
Sounds like they're going to go with the easy pick as to not make Benny wenny mad, WTF ever!!

madtowndrunkard
02-01-2012, 09:01 AM
It really makes no sense for the Steelers to go with Randy Finchtner. He runs the same offense that Arians ran. He has no other experience other then running the spread. That offense is going to get Ben killed. Ben likes the offense because he gets to throw the ball more...Ben likes the in house candidate because he doesn't want to work harder then he has been. If you hire Finchtner, why not just keep Arians? Unless the only reason we fired Arians was because he kept talking about retirement...it makes no sense.

Clements and Haley are both very good candidates...and they have the experience to run a SB caliber offense. They both understand schemes and game planning. I personally think Haley is the better coach. But either is better then Arians. Trying to turn Ben into Aaron Rogers or Tom Brady is never going to work. Ben's decision making ability is way to slow to do it successfully. Something Arians never accepted. I also think Ben's ability to find open WR's is a little lacking. I love Ben as our QB. He's great. He's got SB rings. But you have to be honest with his shortcomings. I saw no improvement in Ben this year under the tutelage of Randy Finchtner.

LatrobePA
02-01-2012, 09:05 AM
Ben wants Randy and Mike wants Ben to be happy... In house pick coming soon, grow a set Mike!!

jnes1216
02-01-2012, 09:14 AM
This guy is reporting Alex Van Pelt has gotten some inquiries from Pittsburgh FO. Here is link.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/41620/wake-up-call-steelers-ongoing-search

Biography
Alex Van Pelt enters his first season with Tampa Bay as quarterbacks coach after spending the previous four seasons (2006-09) on the staff of the Buffalo Bills.

Van Pelt entered the 2009 season as the Bills quarterbacks coach before being promoted to offensive coordinator in September. He originally joined the Bills as offensive quality control coach in 2006 and worked in that capacity for two seasons before being elevated to quarterbacks coach in 2008.

In his only season as offensive coordinator, Van Pelt led an offense that featured former backup RB Fred Jackson. The third-year pro rushed for a career-high 1,062 yards on 237 attempts (4.5 avg.) with two touchdowns in Van Pelt’s offense while also hauling in a career-high 46 receptions, good for second on the team, for 371 yards and two touchdowns. His 1,062 rushing yards ranked ninth in the AFC and his 1,433 total yards from scrimmage ranked 10th in the NFL and sixth in the AFC.

During his time as quarterbacks coach, he assisted in the development of QB Trent Edwards. Under the direction of Van Pelt, Edwards posted a 65.5 completion percentage to rank sixth in the NFL in 2008 as well second all-time in Bills history for a single season. Edwards also recorded a fourth-quarter passer rating of 106.3 to rank third in the NFL that season.

Van Pelt joined the Bills in 2006 after spending the winter of 2006 as the quarterbacks coach/pass coordinator for the University at Buffalo. He also volunteered with the Bills in 2005 as an offensive quality control coach after spending the 2005 NFL Europe season as the Frankfurt Galaxy’s quarterbacks coach where he was responsible for the offensive play-calling. After his retirement from the NFL in 2003, he spent two seasons as the color analyst for the Buffalo Bills Radio Network.

Van Pelt was originally drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the eighth round of the 1993 NFL Draft and later signed with Buffalo as a free agent in 1995. He spent his entire career as a member of the Bills and played in 31 games with 11 starts while amassing 2,985 yards passing and 16 touchdowns.

A four-year starter at the University of Pittsburgh, Van Pelt holds school records for most career passing yards (11,267), career completions (867) and career attempts (1,503). He became only the fifth player to throw for 2,000 yards in four consecutive seasons.

Van Pelt and his wife Brooke have two daughters, Payton Dale and Katherine Paige, and one son, Jack MacGregor.

VAN PELT AT A GLANCE
•1989-1992...University of Pittsburgh, player
•1995-2003...Buffalo Bills, player
•2005...Frankfurt Galaxy, Quarterbacks Coach
•2005...Buffalo Bills, Volunteer Offensive Quality Control Coach
•2006...University at Buffalo, Quarterbacks Coach/Pass Coordinator
•2006-07...Buffalo Bills, Offensive Quality Control Coach
•2008-09...Buffalo Bills, Quarterbacks Coach
•2009...Buffalo Bills, Offensive Coordinator
•2010…Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Quarterback coach

http://www.buccaneers.com/team/coaches/alex-van-pelt/78cdf67d-1556-4e3d-ad9b-fbaf36b79a75rterbacks Coach

Just some info, if the above espn report is true.

SteelDad
02-01-2012, 09:34 AM
My concern with Ben is not that he needs someone to give him some **** from time to time(he does IMO) its the new offense that would concern me way more because honestly? I just don't know how quickly he would adapt to the new terminology. Not sure just how bright he is. I love the guy, but I have doubts which makes getting an OC in there ASAP so crucial.

Steelers_All_Day_43
02-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Haley interviews, unlikely to get Arians' job
Wednesday, February 01, 2012
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Former Kansas City Chiefs coach Todd Haley, an Upper St. Clair native, is the latest candidate to interview for the Steelers' vacant offensive coordinator position. But the possibility of him being hired to replace Bruce Arians seems remote.

Haley, the son of former Steelers personnel director Dick Haley, was at the South Side facility Tuesday to meet with coach Mike Tomlin -- an interview uncharacteristically announced on the team's website.

Haley is the second former head coach to interview for the position. Former Indianapolis Colts coach Jim Caldwell was at the Steelers facility Saturday. Caldwell never was offered the position and agreed Monday to become the Baltimore Ravens quarterbacks coach.

Haley's interview was something of a surprise because he has a reputation for not getting along with players and coaches. He was the offensive coordinator for the Arizona Cardinals when they lost against the Steelers in Super Bowl XLIII.

Meantime, Arians was announced Tuesday as the new offensive coordinator in Indianapolis, a move that came 10 days after the Steelers announced he had decided to retire. But Arians, 59, was not offered a contract to return in 2012 and never intended to retire. He considered several jobs, including quarterbacks coach in Arizona, before joining the Colts.

The Colts also announced they have signed former Steelers assistant offensive line coach Harold Goodwin as their offensive line coach.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12032/1207231-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz1lA8OYI9m

Damn man, I was almost certain he would be the guy. Of course he still can but now I'm not as confident

steelchamp204
02-01-2012, 03:09 PM
they better get there asses in gear and get someone then. I wouldnt mid a firery guy like Haley on the sideline, guees it doesnt mold well with Tomlins "laid back" approach

coldrolled
02-01-2012, 03:39 PM
they better get there asses in gear and get someone then. I wouldnt mid a firery guy like Haley on the sideline, guees it doesnt mold well with Tomlins "laid back" approach

This is Dulac... He never said a bad word about Arians..

So, his commentary is not gold..

Steelers_All_Day_43
02-01-2012, 06:29 PM
This is Dulac... He never said a bad word about Arians..

So, his commentary is not gold..

You have a point. He's been very wrong before.

--- Added 2/1/2012 at 05:29 PM ---

I also heard the Steelers are going to or already have interview Tom Clements

BlitzburghRockCity
02-02-2012, 11:00 AM
The more I think about this seems to be the Steelers giving a helping hand to Todd Haley. I was listening to 93.7 The FAN this morning and they were talking about this situation.

The Steelers don't normally officially announce who they are talking too or not talking too but they went out of their way to make sure everyone knew they talked to Haley. I don't really have a problem with it, but I would not be a happy camper if Haley is the one that's hired.

tat2
02-02-2012, 01:01 PM
i would not mind haley. i think the offense could use a guy that knows football and is not afraid to get in your face. that said, i don't think it will be haley.

K Train
02-02-2012, 01:11 PM
The more I think about this seems to be the Steelers giving a helping hand to Todd Haley. I was listening to 93.7 The FAN this morning and they were talking about this situation.

The Steelers don't normally officially announce who they are talking too or not talking too but they went out of their way to make sure everyone knew they talked to Haley. I don't really have a problem with it, but I would not be a happy camper if Haley is the one that's hired.

why???? i personally would be the happiest of campers

coldrolled
02-02-2012, 01:38 PM
i would not mind haley. i think the offense could use a guy that knows football and is not afraid to get in your face. that said, i don't think it will be haley.

Ben needs a Haley... He needs to be cleaned up..

LatrobePA
02-02-2012, 01:54 PM
I'd be willing to teabag my own mother if we got Haley!

Steelers_All_Day_43
02-02-2012, 02:31 PM
I'd be willing to teabag my own mother if we got Haley!

LMAO WTF MAN??!!

LatrobePA
02-02-2012, 02:32 PM
LMAO WTF MAN??!!

I'm sick! And need HELP! lol

Steelers_All_Day_43
02-02-2012, 02:33 PM
I'm sick! And need HELP! lol

LOL I SEE THAT....

SteelDad
02-02-2012, 02:41 PM
I'd be willing to teabag my own mother if we got Haley!:barf:

LatrobePA
02-02-2012, 02:43 PM
LOL I SEE THAT....

You wouldn't want to, it's disturbing as hell!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gjG72RJxgk

Ibleedblk&gld
02-02-2012, 08:21 PM
@AdamSchefter: Green Bay Packers named Tom Clements their new offensive coordinator Thursday.

coldrolled
02-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Crennel has interviewed quarterbacks coach Jim Zorn and Oakland Raiders offensive coordinator Al Saunders for the vacant offensive coordinator’s job

coldrolled
02-03-2012, 01:34 PM
new update - see how things change...

The Kansas City Chiefs are talking to Brian Daboll about their vacant offensive-coordinator position, according to a league source.

The Chiefs have also looked at Jim Zorn as an in-house candidate and have spoken to former Raiders coordinator Al Saunders, who has worked previously in Kansas City.

Daboll, most recently Miami's offensive coordinator, has a history with general manager Scott Pioli and several executives expect him to be a top candidate for the job.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-03-2012, 03:34 PM
At this point Haley was just a courtesy interview, and a way to help get his name out there for other teams to consider. I would be highly surprised if he is even a viable candidate anymore.

JollyRob68
02-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Here are some rumors and I want to know what you guys think.

Giants QB coach Mike Sullivan-he's in the Super Bowl so they wouldn't announce his name or get permission until after.
Rip Scherer-Mike tomlin was on his staff when mike started coaching. Currently QB coach Colorado.
Alex Van Pelt- Mike Tomlin ask around the NFL about him. Former Bills OC & Tampa QB coach.
* Hue Jackson- He knows this division, Worked for Cincy & Baltimore,Washington he had a strong running game,Oakland He improved JAson Campbell.(Wexell got a text and said stay away from him)
Pete Carmichael New Orleans OC it would be a LAteral Move. ( unlikely)
Jm Zorn- not a rumor for Steelers I'm just wondering about him

coldrolled
02-03-2012, 09:38 PM
Haley is not popping up anywhere, he may already be aquisitioned by some team..

LatrobePA
02-03-2012, 09:49 PM
This whole OC search is stupid... I just have a feeling they will pick another stiff!

Real Deal Steel
02-03-2012, 11:13 PM
It's obvious that there waiting on someone. I"m thinking that someone on one of the two teams is hot on their "must interview" list.

acero
02-04-2012, 12:16 AM
typical steelers FO smoke screen, they are going with a in house candidate

coldrolled
02-04-2012, 07:48 AM
who is mcdaniels replacing on the Pats?

Raleigh Steel
02-04-2012, 08:33 AM
who is mcdaniels replacing on the Pats?

penn state's new head coach.

JollyRob68
02-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Rumor I read is possibly Giants QB coach Mike Sullivan. Giants have a 2 headed running game and solid passing game. Plus,ELI takes his shots down field. Might be a good OC but for now its a rumor.

Stone
02-05-2012, 12:19 PM
PLEASE NO! The guy is a hot head and can't get along with anybody.......anybody!

He is a pariah!

coldrolled
02-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Arizona's Take on Haley

Don't get it twisted here. In 2005 and 2006, Kurt Warner appeared to be at the end of his rope. It was only when Todd Haley took over the OC in 2007 that Warner started flourishing again. The team had Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald in 2006, but couldn’t translate their talent into potent offensive drives. In 2008, Arizona RB’s ran the ball well in the playoffs, most notably giving Edgerrin James one last hurrah as he showed some signs of life where none had been thought to exist.

why Todd Haley would be an excellent candidate for the Arizona Cardinals to consider as their offensive coordinator. Among those reasons were that he works well with young players to develop them, he brings ingenuity to his offensive playcalling and the plays he does call are executed with precision by the players involved.

Kevin Kolb, John Skelton and any other quarterback on the Cardinals roster would highly benefit from Haley's knowledge and the manner in which he runs the offense.