PDA

View Full Version : Would you consider trading Sanders for draft picks?

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2012, 06:38 PM
We've been beating this whole Ben, Arians, Rooney, thing to death the last week or so; let's get back to talking some football instead of front office politics..LOL.

Now I'm not suggesting the team should do this, nor would I necessarily be in favor of it if they did. I like the 3 young super star wide receivers they have assembled. It's been far too long since we've had this kind of talent at the skill positions.

That being said; Emmanuel Sanders' contract does not count highly against the cap but I would think they could a second round draft pick for him should they consider the possibility of trading him especially on draft day. Use that 2nd round pick on a NT and your 1st on an OL like Adams for example.

Just something to think about. :greengrin:

steelchamp204
01-30-2012, 06:43 PM
No.....

LatrobePA
01-30-2012, 06:49 PM
I don't think Manny has showed enough to make him worth much, just my .02!

Nolrog
01-30-2012, 07:19 PM
I wouldn't do that, but if someone goes after Wallace, I'd seriously consider the #1 pick he'd give back.

SteelCityKid5
01-30-2012, 07:50 PM
Nah, Id keep him. I think hes just been injured too often. When healthy I think hes a solid WR. Plus, I dont think any team would give up a 2nd for him.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-30-2012, 09:11 PM
Nope........

Callax
01-30-2012, 09:12 PM
I don't believe we'd get a 3rd round pick
He's been injury prone and We would not get alot for him...
If AB was traded, they'd would get a 3rd, maybe a 2nd round...

NOT GONNA HAPPEN

HUNT4SEVEN
01-30-2012, 09:37 PM
No.....

THIS:plus1:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2012, 10:56 PM
I think you could get a team who needs a good WR to bite on a 2nd round pick. It wouldn't be a gimme but he's shown enough that I'd consider it if I were a team looking for a guy who can step in and start right away. He says the foot is 100 % now but let's see how it goes this coming training camp.

Mr. Goosemahn
01-30-2012, 11:01 PM
I'd keep Sanders, mostly because I'm worried that Wallace might not be back. I hadn't really thought about it, but we're really, really screwed when it comes to cap room, and Wallace is a restricted free agent. I could easily see a team like San Francisco, Houston, or Baltimore offer him a huge deal we couldn't match. We'd get a first round pick, but it's not the same as having Wallace.

I'd love it if he were loyal and decided to stay with us by not signing another deal, but let's be honest, money talks. And if Wallace leaves, then we already traded a WR for a pick, no need to trade Sanders.

It'll be very interesting to see how the Wallace situation pans out. Hopefully he's still in a Steelers uniform in august.

SteelerCountry58
01-30-2012, 11:04 PM
No,keep him. Him and Brown are legit. I like Wallace too but if anyone
is dealt to move up with picks etc... Wallace would go first IMO.

jnes1216
01-30-2012, 11:13 PM
I would be against this, I like the group of WRs we have. I would trade Mendy first. Not that I want him gone either, but if someone HAD to be trade bait I wouldn't touch any of the WRs.

Real Deal Steel
01-30-2012, 11:19 PM
No.

Because Cocther has maybe a year left and Ward is done.

Deviouz1
01-30-2012, 11:48 PM
No,keep him. Him and Brown are legit. I like Wallace too but if anyone
is dealt to move up with picks etc... Wallace would go first IMO.

this.

but im not as convinced that wallace is as good as he's made out to be. he strikes me as the offense's version of Ike. good, but not great and likely never will be. i do however like brown quite a bit, he's clutch and WAY better on the shorter routes than wallace. trade wallace for a 1st if possible, move brown to #1 and keep sanders. maybe drop a 4th or 5th on another WR.

Mr. Goosemahn
01-30-2012, 11:54 PM
this.

but im not as convinced that wallace is as good as he's made out to be. he strikes me as the offense's version of Ike. good, but not great and likely never will be. i do however like brown quite a bit, he's clutch and WAY better on the shorter routes than wallace. trade wallace for a 1st if possible, move brown to #1 and keep sanders. maybe drop a 4th or 5th on another WR.

I've got them pegged as the opposite, lol. Wallace being a stud and Brown being a bit overrated.

Wallace is such a useful player to have because teams are basically forced to play a safety over the top to prevent him from burning them deep. That gives a ton of space to Brown, or Sanders, or whoever.

I think that having Wallace allows Brown to be as useful as he is. At the end of the day, I think Brown and Sanders are interchangeable, while Wallace's impact is irreplaceable.

connecticutsteel
01-31-2012, 12:10 AM
No we are high enough in the draft to get enough plus we will get some suppelemental picks

Deviouz1
01-31-2012, 01:19 AM
I've got them pegged as the opposite, lol. Wallace being a stud and Brown being a bit overrated.

Wallace is such a useful player to have because teams are basically forced to play a safety over the top to prevent him from burning them deep. That gives a ton of space to Brown, or Sanders, or whoever.

I think that having Wallace allows Brown to be as useful as he is. At the end of the day, I think Brown and Sanders are interchangeable, while Wallace's impact is irreplaceable.

meh, while i can understand and appreciate the reasoning i just cant manage to accept it. wallace is fast as hell ill give you, but he and Ike have about the same ball skills, relatively speaking of course. wallace just seems to drop too many that he gets his hands on and he seems to do it at the absolute worst times where if he were to catch them it would be a sure TD. sticks in my craw tbh. but ive been known to be wrong in the past and its really just a gut feeling on my part so who knows?

besides, the only WR's i really like in the nfl at the moment are megatron and andre johnson. ive never really been a big fan of "finessy"(yes i just made that up) receivers. i like them big and very physical. or at the very least, very physical like ward. basically very fast tight ends who are as likely to run you over as to look at you.

JollyRob68
01-31-2012, 03:34 PM
I'm more for someone going after Mike Wallace and us getting another 1st rounder. Wallace has speed but he never goes up after the ball and snatches it at its highest point. In fact he tends to cower and drop to the ground to avoid contact.
I would tender Wallace a 1st rounder only and if no one signs him I'd dangle him during the draft. Perhaps we can move up and get the guard from stanford.

--- Added 1/31/2012 at 02:34 PM ---

Just an Observation, New England became a better team when the got rid of Randy Moss and used their quick WR. Our best WR Brown is quick off the line and goes after the ball.

JensK
01-31-2012, 03:36 PM
He is not going to give us a second rounder anyway. He would probably give a third right now, and I doubt we'd find anyone better in the third anyway. He has been injured a lot, and has lost playing time because of it. I would like to keep Sanders, Brown and Wallace and then find a fourth long-term WR through the draft at some point. Although both the 4th and th 5th receiver spot can be filled easily through FA. We don't really need studs at those positions.

tburg68
01-31-2012, 04:07 PM
I think Blitzburgh has a little to much time on his hands. LOL

This thread and the thread about Ben being afraid of losing his starting job?
Really????

No one is going to give up a second round draft pick for a young receiver who
hasn't produced much in numbers, and can't stay healthy. I like the kid too, but I'm
overrating him right now like every other Steeler fan.

Brown is a legit perrenial Pro Bowler. Wallace is the best deep threat in football, questionable hands.

Cotchery is probably the second best WR on the roster.

Troyisabeast_43
01-31-2012, 04:17 PM
Wallace isnt going anywhere the Steelers will sign him. And as far as trading Sanders I am going to have to say no to that one as well...

xBlitzBurghx
01-31-2012, 04:18 PM
If we were to trade Wallace every time we played against him he would crap all over our secondary it wouldn't even be funny.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

NYCsteelersfan
01-31-2012, 04:43 PM
If we were to trade Wallace every time we played against him he would crap all over our secondary it wouldn't even be funny.

So does every other half decent WR, who cares. I'll trade him for a good offensive lineman and a good field goal kicker in a second.

xBlitzBurghx
01-31-2012, 10:25 PM
So does every other half decent WR, who cares. I'll trade him for a good offensive lineman and a good field goal kicker in a second.

ill trade ben for a rogers in a heartbeat

elephantman
01-31-2012, 10:40 PM
I'm more for someone going after Mike Wallace and us getting another 1st rounder. Wallace has speed but he never goes up after the ball and snatches it at its highest point. In fact he tends to cower and drop to the ground to avoid contact.
I would tender Wallace a 1st rounder only and if no one signs him I'd dangle him during the draft. Perhaps we can move up and get the guard from stanford.

--- Added 1/31/2012 at 02:34 PM ---

Just an Observation, New England became a better team when the got rid of Randy Moss and used their quick WR. Our best WR Brown is quick off the line and goes after the ball.

^agree...wallace is Soft..we have depth at the position if we keep cotchery...how nice would it be to get a top O Lineman in return for Wallace......solidify that O line and we are the AFC version of the Packers

xBlitzBurghx
01-31-2012, 10:49 PM
Wallace is soft? Haha Wtf is wrong with you people. You guys act like he's andre johnson or megatron size. Pretty sure when he makes big plays you guys don't say he's soft

Dobre Shunka
02-01-2012, 12:21 AM
No, and I don't think we could get a 2 for him