PDA

View Full Version : In a few years, do you think Ben can tutor our next future QB?

steelchamp204
01-29-2012, 02:35 PM
I just want to bring up a new topic. I think in the next 3-4 years I think we might draft another Qb. My question is do you think Ben can mentor and tutor the next qb the steelers would draft. Kind of like how Farve did with Rodgers. I ask this because Bens play is so unique and different than most other quarterbacks in the league. Can he teach him how to keep plays alive the way he does, hold onto the ball for a long period to keep it alive instead of throwing it away, stuff like that. In my opinion I think Ben can only go so far teaching the next guy. What do you guys think.

Also Im not starting this thread to lead into Ben not being here in the ext 3-4 years also. I just want some opinions on if you guys think Ben can teach the next up and coming Qb. Also would you want the steelers to draft a Qb to learn under Ben?

BlitzburghRockCity
01-29-2012, 04:03 PM
Can he? Sure he can. The good thing is that the Steelers have some time yet before they really have to start looking at their next Quarterback of the future. They won't have the luxury, seemingly, of drafting at #11 to get another highly rated passer unless something goes drastically south in the next 5 years. The chances of finding another QB just like him would be unlikely, although if the Offensive Line gets fixed they won't need it.

They have the luxury of looking at the Colts to see what happens when you don't prepare for the future.

JollyRob68
01-29-2012, 04:53 PM
Can he? Sure he can. The good thing is that the Steelers have some time yet before they really have to start looking at their next Quarterback of the future. They won't have the luxury, seemingly, of drafting at #11 to get another highly rated passer unless something goes drastically south in the next 5 years. The chances of finding another QB just like him would be unlikely, although if the Offensive Line gets fixed they won't need it.

They have the luxury of looking at the Colts to see what happens when you don't prepare for the future.

It seems that way now with the way the Colts are raiding our coaches.

Nolrog
01-29-2012, 05:27 PM
There were acutally quite a few decent QBs that changed teams this year. Palmer was traded, but there were others as well, who are pretty good QBs though.

HUNT4SEVEN
01-29-2012, 11:15 PM
Can he? yes, the bigger question is will he?

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2012, 09:27 AM
It will be interesting to see how Ben handles the team drafting another young Quarterback at some point, knowing he's going to be the future. I would think/hope he'd be find with it and help teach the new guy. You never know how starting QB's that have had as much success as Ben's had will handle knowing their career is in it's twilight.

steelspikes
01-31-2012, 12:02 PM
"In a few years, do you think Ben can tutor our next future QB?"

Yikes!