PDA

View Full Version : Childress now the Browns new OC

BlitzburghRockCity
01-28-2012, 03:13 PM
Can this team every settle on a concrete coaching staff???

The Cleveland Browns (http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/other_nfl/view.bg?articleid=1399435&srvc=sports&position=recent) hired Brad Childress as their offensive coordinator Friday, a move they hope will give coach Pat Shurmur the support he needs to spearhead a turnaround.
Childress, a former head coach of the Minnesota Vikings, will be expected to help reverse the fortunes of a dismal offense. With Shurmur juggling the duties of a rookie coach and an offensive coordinator, the Browns ranked 29th in offense (288.8 yards per game), 30th in scoring (13.6 points per game) and finished the 2011 season with a record of 4-12.

Shurmur vowed to hire an offensive coordinator and even suggested he might forfeit his play-calling duties during his season-ending news conference this month. Shurmur will retain those responsibilities for now, but it has yet to be determined whether he will continue to call the plays with Childress aboard, a league source said.

jnes1216
01-29-2012, 01:45 AM
Really, the turmoil there benefits us. They consistently pick in the top half of the draft and get great players. It's just a matter of putting it all together. As we know, Childress comes from the west coast offense tree and how that fits into the mistake by the lake I'm not sure. I would take advantage of Hillis and Joe Thomas, but whatever. Holgrem likes that stuff too. Dink and dunk all you want till you get to the 25 and then see what happens when we stiffen. I grew up in Clev. and they still leave a bad taste. hire who you please... we will still introduce our toe to your ace.

cuatro_tres43
02-08-2012, 10:34 PM
HAHA....I feel sorry for Brown's fans....kinda.

OldSchool58
02-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Cleveland has a football team? When the hell did this happen?

jnes1216
02-19-2012, 02:40 AM
Cleveland has a football team? When the hell did this happen?

I've been to Massilon - Canton games with more enthusiasm.

Mean Linebacker
02-19-2012, 01:39 PM
I look for Cleveland to take another step forward next year but not right away. they are bringing in yet another new coach and nobody is sold on McCoy apparently. If they draft RG3 it'll set them back again just for the learning curve.