PDA

View Full Version : Sources say Arians will join the Colts as their new Coordinator

BlitzburghRockCity
01-28-2012, 02:37 PM
Colts Offense: Report: Arians likely to end in up Indy
Jan. 28 - 1:47 pm et
(http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=1544&line=227148&spln=1)
XTRA 910 Arizona's Mike Jurecki reports former Steelers OC Bruce Arians is expected to accept the same position in Indianapolis.

Jurecki likely has the news because Arians was under consideration to be the Cardinals QBs coach. A notoriously pass-first play-caller, Arians would be an intriguing mentor for presumptive No. 1 pick Stanford QB Andrew Luck. Coincidentally, rumors surfaced Saturday that former Colts coach Jim Caldwell was meeting with Steelers coach Mike Tomlin with regards to replacing Arians. Jan. 28 - 1:47 pm et
Source: Mike Jurecki on Twitter

Koopa
01-28-2012, 02:52 PM
so much for luck being the next great qb, arians will ruin him

BlitzburghRockCity
01-28-2012, 03:01 PM
It's official now according to Adam Schefter on Twitter:

AdamSchefter (https://twitter.com/#%21/AdamSchefter) Adam Schefter

Former Steelers OC Bruce Arians has agreed to become the Colts new OC. He's flying to Indianapolis on Monday to review and sign contract.

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-28-2012, 03:02 PM
Sorry Andrew Luck!

JollyRob68
01-28-2012, 03:07 PM
Would you trade Ben to Indy for Andrew Luck?

JensK
01-28-2012, 03:11 PM

Yes..

Raleigh Steel
01-28-2012, 03:16 PM
so much for luck being the next great qb, arians will ruin him

told my buddy the same exact thing. he ruined tim couch. he'll ruin luck as well.

Nolrog
01-28-2012, 03:23 PM

Not in a million years.

The Steelers are a team built to win now. Are you willing to throw that away for the next 3-4 years while Luck learns how to play in the NFL? QBs don't usually come in like Ben and succeed right away. It usually takes a few years. By the time Luck is ready to compete, the Steelers playmakers on D will be gone.

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-28-2012, 03:23 PM
Yes..

Not sure if serious?

jpele
01-28-2012, 03:24 PM

Not a chance. I'm not saying he's going to be a bust but everyone that has him being the next great QB will be disappointed.

JensK
01-28-2012, 03:26 PM
Not sure if serious?

Not a whole lot, although Ben is pissing me off quite a bit so far this off-season so far. I do, however, Believe that Luck will be god damn amazing, although maybe less so with Arians being the one to groom him

connecticutsteel
01-28-2012, 04:04 PM
DISPITE all info to the contrary luck could be the same guy as ryan leaf so no way would i trade a two time super bowl two time pro bowl ben for an unproven rookie

JensK
01-28-2012, 04:23 PM
DISPITE all info to the contrary luck could be the same guy as ryan leaf so no way would i trade a two time super bowl two time pro bowl ben for an unproven rookie

Despite all the information we have, Big Ben could blow every single possible ligament in his knee this Training-Camp, and we would have wished that we somehow had traded him for Luck. (I know I know.. I'm being a jackass)

North Steel
01-28-2012, 05:23 PM
Despite all the information we have, Big Ben could blow every single possible ligament in his knee this Training-Camp, and we would have wished that we somehow had traded him for Luck. (I know I know.. I'm being a jackass)

WTF, R U FU_CKING HIGH what kind of bullshit analogy is that.:evilshake:

steelersbabex25
01-28-2012, 05:26 PM
BA's "retirement" sure lasted long. :rolleyes:

JensK
01-28-2012, 05:42 PM
WTF, R U FU_CKING HIGH what kind of bullshit analogy is that.:evilshake:

Although you, apparently, missed the slight sarcasm in the analogy, let me explain it to you nevertheless. The above-mentioned comment was made due to assumptions. We all assume that Luck is going to be a great NFL QB, because there is no indication what-so-ever pointing in the other direction. Now obviously, we can only assume at this juncture since he has yet to take an NFL snap. That is, however, the same case with every single freaking sport in the world and pretty much all of the aspects of them. We make assumptions because of what we know. Then, the analogy is not so stupid anymore. We all assume that Luck is going to be a good QB in the NFL, although we don't know it thus we don't want to trade for him (which I obviously agree with). However that assumption has a whole lot of "ifs" with it. Will Big Ben stay healthy? Will he perform at a good level with a new OC? Will he go fullblown Drama Queen on us? You need not to look very far to see the same situation. Although Steelers obviously is a much greater organization in pretty much all regards than the Bengals, they had a great QB who just ended up hating the place. Can you be sure that Ben won't? I'm not saying he will, and I guess we should assume that he won't.

My point is, we cannot disregard the fact that Big Ben could somehow ruin his career. He has done plenty of things already which could endanger it already. I'm not saying that we should, at all. I'm a huge Ben supporter, but the thought is quite fun and not totally irrelevant. Besides, its the off-season and we need something to talk about. Although we obviously also could write one-line, half-in-caps sentences about each others mental status. At least one of us was writing something remotely close to football, although the analogy obviously was made for fun.

North Steel
01-28-2012, 07:43 PM
Although you, apparently, missed the slight sarcasm in the analogy, let me explain it to you nevertheless. The above-mentioned comment was made due to assumptions. We all assume that Luck is going to be a great NFL QB, because there is no indication what-so-ever pointing in the other direction. Now obviously, we can only assume at this juncture since he has yet to take an NFL snap. That is, however, the same case with every single freaking sport in the world and pretty much all of the aspects of them. We make assumptions because of what we know. Then, the analogy is not so stupid anymore. We all assume that Luck is going to be a good QB in the NFL, although we don't know it thus we don't want to trade for him (which I obviously agree with). However that assumption has a whole lot of "ifs" with it. Will Big Ben stay healthy? Will he perform at a good level with a new OC? Will he go fullblown Drama Queen on us? You need not to look very far to see the same situation. Although Steelers obviously is a much greater organization in pretty much all regards than the Bengals, they had a great QB who just ended up hating the place. Can you be sure that Ben won't? I'm not saying he will, and I guess we should assume that he won't.

My point is, we cannot disregard the fact that Big Ben could somehow ruin his career. He has done plenty of things already which could endanger it already. I'm not saying that we should, at all. I'm a huge Ben supporter, but the thought is quite fun and not totally irrelevant. Besides, its the off-season and we need something to talk about. Although we obviously also could write one-line, half-in-caps sentences about each others mental status. At least one of us was writing something remotely close to football, although the analogy obviously was made for fun.

Have you ever heard the phrase "Never Assume"Now if you told me Ben might have some kind of attitude problem this year due to his bitch getting the boot ,and not wanting to play for the steelers anymore then maybe a trade,but to say he might blow out a knee in the season,that could happen to any player.That could happen to Luck and then his name would be Bad Luck.Listen dude don't take my previous post to serious,maybe I'm not understanding what your trying to say,but saying something like Ben blowing out a knee would be detrimental to this team.No jinxes :evilshake:

JollyRob68
01-28-2012, 08:25 PM

Thanks for all the information and opinions you provide. I love them and love the sarcasm. Some people wig out when we ask questions. Like you said it's the off season and what else do we have to do? Asking these questions is how we can gather information about other players,coaches and perhaps someone might of heard a rumor or is relaying a story.

LatrobePA
01-28-2012, 08:27 PM
F BA!

JollyRob68
01-28-2012, 08:37 PM
F BA!

:yellowthumb:

acero
01-28-2012, 10:42 PM
BA wont ruin andrew luck he is gonna kill him with the playcalling

Real Deal Steel
01-28-2012, 11:35 PM
Well, with this bit of information it's now definite that the Front office forced him out. I for one and very happy that he's the Colts OC because that is another team in the AFC that I can put an "X" through in regards to being a threat to us returning to the Super Bowl this coming season. I also have an "X" through the Broncos and Chargers as well.

jnes1216
01-29-2012, 02:02 AM
Well, with this bit of information it's now definite that the Front office forced him out. I for one and very happy that he's the Colts OC because that is another team in the AFC that I can put an "X" through in regards to being a threat to us returning to the Super Bowl this coming season. I also have an "X" through the Broncos and Chargers as well.

I would have sworn Cowher was taking over for Turner in San Diego with his man crush on rivers. I could have envisioned a Chargers resurgence for one year.

coldrolled
01-29-2012, 11:11 AM
I hope they used a good grade titanium in manning's neck...

How much does luck weigh??

Good Luck Colts!!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-29-2012, 04:33 PM
The Colts must figure that Arians ties to Peyton Manning and him being Ben's QB coach was enough reason for them to bring him on board to help out Andrew Luck. It's not a matter of his ability to coach a QB, but rather his inability to be creative enough and consistent enough in key points of each game that make the difference in a win or loss.