PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger afraid for his job? Some think so...

BlitzburghRockCity
01-27-2012, 02:07 PM
For some reason there seem to be fans that now think Ben is in fear of his starting job. I was listening 93.7 The FAN today and a caller was talking about how she thinks Ben is afraid of not being the starting Quarterback anymore since a new OC will be taking over.

Really?

Some other callers after that were talking about her comments, Vinny & Cook put her in her place too saying that was ridiculous. I was suprised though that some people would actually think that Roethlisberger should fear for his job right now. Am I missing something, seriously?

He didn't get that 100 million dollar contract because of Bruce Arians. The new coordinator isn't going to try and clean house and completely revamp the offense. Even if he tried to do so, getting rid of Ben would not be the ideal way to start.

JensK
01-27-2012, 02:13 PM
I'm sorry but that is plain stupid. He is one of the better QB in the league. He should ONLY be fearing for his starting role if he somehow starts making the whole depature of BA to a big thing.

xBlitzBurghx
01-27-2012, 02:14 PM
The only thing he should be fearing is that offensive line

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

coldrolled
01-27-2012, 02:18 PM
BA is Gone!!! Yahhhhhhh Baby...

Ben quit being a whiner...

Maybe Haley is the best candidate to get into Ben's grill...

LatrobePA
01-27-2012, 02:19 PM
Ben = Drama! That's all this is!!

Maybe Ben will hold out this season until they bring his BFF back!

NYCsteelersfan
01-27-2012, 02:30 PM
If his last name was Manning, he would've already been inducted into the Hall of Fame. If the media doesn't like you, they'll brutalize you, and most people let the media do their thinking for them.

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-27-2012, 02:30 PM
People are making this situation WAY bigger than it really is. It's kinda getting annoying.

Steelersfan
01-27-2012, 02:36 PM
People are making this situation WAY bigger than it really is. It's kinda getting annoying.

Welcome to the off season!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

BlitzburghRockCity
01-27-2012, 02:41 PM
Everybody blows everything out of proportion, it's the offseason. There's nowhere near the news you get in the regular season so they analyze anything they can get their hands on 9 ways to Sunday..LOL.

Fortunately most of the fans don't think Ben should be gone or should fear for his job but it only takes a couple to start a big to do about nothing.

Koopa
01-27-2012, 02:55 PM
Key word is "she" you got to take in to account the gender of the person saying it, for the most part females are clueless and shouldn't be talking about sports..... The girls on this site are cool, but from experience most girls are retarded when it comes to sports

Seriously how would he be afraid to lose his job? Who is gonna take his job? The fans that are thinking this are fking retarded

LatrobePA
01-27-2012, 02:59 PM
Key word is "she" you got to take in to account the gender of the person saying it, for the most part females are clueless and shouldn't be talking about sports..... The girls on this site are cool, but from experience most girls are retarded when it comes to sports

Seriously how would he be afraid to lose his job? Who is gonna take his job? The fans that are thinking this are fking retarded

:popcorn::popcorn:

xBlitzBurghx
01-27-2012, 03:01 PM
Girls go ham because they don't like big ben haha

LatrobePA
01-27-2012, 03:06 PM
Girls go ham because they don't like big ben haha

This is true!

connecticutsteel
01-27-2012, 04:53 PM
well i hope people took my post the right way i was saying i hope ben acts professional that is all

SteelCityVoice
01-27-2012, 07:17 PM
That caller was obviously not a member of Steeler Addicts otherwise she'd be better informed :-)

Nolrog
01-27-2012, 08:32 PM
For some reason there seem to be fans that now think Ben is in fear of his starting job. I was listening 93.7 The FAN today and a caller was talking about how she thinks Ben is afraid of not being the starting Quarterback anymore since a new OC will be taking over.

The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2012, 01:01 PM
Just heard somebody else this morning on a talk show on the radio say that Ben should be worried about his future with the team. Where do people come up with this stuff?

The team is not going to trade Big Ben. If he does I will eat my words but will stand by my thoughts that it would be the dumbest move ever right now.

LarryNJ
01-30-2012, 03:09 PM
Ben is going to go Indy with BA and we are getting Peyton but not Caldwell.

LatrobePA
01-30-2012, 03:23 PM
Ben is going to go Indy with BA and we are getting Peyton but not Caldwell.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Manning as OC, he's done playing!

SteelDad
01-30-2012, 03:26 PM
That caller was obviously not a member of Steeler Addicts otherwise she'd be better informed :-)

Damn straight Dom!!!

Just heard somebody else this morning on a talk show on the radio say that Ben should be worried about his future with the team. Where do people come up with this stuff?

The team is not going to trade Big Ben. If he does I will eat my words but will stand by my thoughts that it would be the dumbest move ever right now.

It is just amazing the crap that people WILL put out there and the crap that people WILL listen too.

OldSchool58
01-31-2012, 07:28 AM
I've never been Bens' biggest fan, but the guy does his job every Sunday for us. He plays hurt, sick, and behind possibly one of the worst O-lines in the league.
I can remember the days of Bradshaw when people were saying the same things. He had plenty of off field f**k-ups and had the reputation of basically a dumbass the whole time he played. That said, I loved him then and I love him now.

Ben is a QB, and a good one. Unless he goes off the deep end and takes the entire organization with him, let's leave him alone.

Callax
01-31-2012, 08:35 AM
Ben should be afraid of his OL, and that is all... He's the starter and that won't change.
afraid for his job??? REALLY?? who's going to take it??
Batch?? get real!!!
Leftwich?? see prior comment
Dixon??? GET A LIFE!!!!

bigplaysteel
01-31-2012, 11:25 AM
Ridiculous, yes, of course.

However I just noticed the Steelers have 6 QB's listed on their roster. It will also be interesting to see how this years draft unfolds.

Certainly Ben is the starter. But, maybe now with the acquisition of Troy Smith and the return of Leftwich, the Steelers will not be as reluctant to give a battered and/or a faltering Big Ben a rest.

elephantman
01-31-2012, 08:54 PM
their are no QB's available to take Bens job so I dont get the question.....Rodgers, Brees, Brady...Eli, Stafford???...theirs only 7+/- QB's in Bens league or bettter and their not going anywhere

Mat Flynn??...trade Ben and gamble with Flynn, thats the only logical possibility, and thats not logical...

so how can Ben be afraid for his Job may I ask???

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-31-2012, 09:12 PM
If he could only put together another rookie season (remember that) and another SB. He ain't afraid and he ain't goin nowhere. Some people.

Dobre Shunka
02-01-2012, 12:39 AM
Shirley you CAN'T be serious?

mos07
02-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Child, please.

MattyVfromCT
02-02-2012, 01:48 PM
I've heard some incredibly stupid things but this theory takes the cake. I even had to talk sense to some clown on youtube who was flipping out when we signed troy smith. I'm like what are you flipping out about? He goes because they're replacing ben with troy effing smith! If this was in person I would have smacked the moron upside the head. Good god does anyone use their brain anymore?