PDA

View Full Version : OK Mike the suspense is killing us make a decision please

connecticutsteel
01-27-2012, 01:15 AM
Hopefully Mike Tomlin will hire someone quick .I understand it has to be the right guy but the field gets narrower everyday.:banging::2cents:

DIESELMAN
01-27-2012, 02:17 AM
I hear ya but they need to take their time in selecting the next OC. The Steelers have set a standard in selecting their coaching staff (BA is the exception), to ensure they have quality coaches for every phase of the game.

connecticutsteel
01-27-2012, 04:48 AM
I would like to see it done in a timely manner at least by Feb 1st

TampaSteelGirl
01-27-2012, 06:53 AM
This is absoutely nothing to be rushed on...I can be patient, like I stated in another post, I trust in the Rooneys and I trust in Mike Tomlin to get a the job done properly.
They will find the perfect fit for our offense and the Steelers as a whole...it does take patience....we have quite a few months but I really think Feb 1 is not acceptable...

--- Added 1/27/2012 at 04:53 AM ---

I would like to see it done in a timely manner at least by Feb 1st

NOT EVEN REASONABLE!!!

:chill:

JollyRob68
01-27-2012, 07:24 AM
Randy Fichtner will be the next OC. He already knows Ben & the system and Tomlin trust him. Tomlin has worked with him (wr coach)when he (Randy)was OC for Memphis or Arkansas. BEn said when he comes back from The Pro Bowl he's going to talk with Art II about where Art II see's the offense and where Ben see's the offense. Ben needs to watch out and not push his luck with Art II.

coldrolled
01-27-2012, 08:22 AM
Randy Fichtner will be the next OC..

The longer we wait, thats more than likely. 100% true.

LatrobePA
01-27-2012, 09:35 AM
Honestly, they're waiting for Ben to get back from the Pro Bowl to get his input, bet ya!

Real Deal Steel
01-27-2012, 12:23 PM
There being miticulous. No problem in that. Take your time. Just get it done by the seoncd week in Febuary.

Ibleedblk&gld
01-27-2012, 12:27 PM
@jimwexell: I'm hearing rumors that Clements is not the man, through no fault of the Steelers. Damn shame.

that was at 0945 today

BlitzburghRockCity
01-27-2012, 01:23 PM
Tomlin just got back to the Steelers offices yesterday after being at the senior bowl. I'm sure he had some talks with Fichtner before then and has talked to him this week. I do find it somewhat odd that they have said nothing official about any upcoming interviews yet. That leads me to believe they already know it's going to be Fichtner.

JensK
01-27-2012, 01:30 PM
Randy Fichtner will be the next OC. He already knows Ben & the system and Tomlin trust him. Tomlin has worked with him (wr coach)when he (Randy)was OC for Memphis or Arkansas. BEn said when he comes back from The Pro Bowl he's going to talk with Art II about where Art II see's the offense and where Ben see's the offense. Ben needs to watch out and not push his luck with Art II.

I fully and wholeheartedly concur! He has to remember that he is playing QB for Steelers and thus Rooney, and not for Bruce Arians.

Zachintosh66
01-27-2012, 02:56 PM
the longer the "search" goes on, the more i think its gonna be RF :duh:

Steelersfan
01-27-2012, 03:39 PM
Seriously? Its been what, a week? Calm down people. Plenty of time.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

coldrolled
01-27-2012, 05:00 PM
there goes another one..

Mike Sherman, former head coach of the Packers who met with Philbin on Thursday, was a candidate for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' head-coaching job that was filled by Rutgers' Greg Schiano on Thursday.

Sherman would replace Brian Daboll, who spent one season running the offense in Miami under former coach Tony Sparano

Raleigh Steel
01-28-2012, 08:06 AM
and the browns hired brad childress as their OC...

jpele
01-28-2012, 10:49 AM
I think deep down everyone knows the next OC is Randy Fichtner, it's just wishful thinking that they hire someone proven.

coldrolled
01-28-2012, 11:19 AM
I think deep down everyone knows the next OC is Randy Fichtner, it's just wishful thinking that they hire someone proven.

plus, wondering what fichtner thought of arians....

and his awesome game plans.

Ibleedblk&gld
01-28-2012, 01:47 PM
@jimwexell: RT @MarkKaboly_Trib: Just got tip that Tomlin had breakfast at Omni William Penn this morning with Jim Caldwell. Source told me "95 percent sure" it was Caldwell

BlitzburghRockCity
01-28-2012, 09:49 PM
I wrote an article for the homepage today, talking about how it's no surprise the Steelers keep this stuff on the down low. They haven't said a word about any candidates since Arians left and I don't expect we'll hear anything until a decision is made. Anything that comes across the media will be speculation or something from an inside source that the team didn't officially release.