PDA

View Full Version : Arians departure may have colateral damage

connecticutsteel
01-27-2012, 01:10 AM
Ben Roethlisberger doesn't like that Bruce Arians isn't the Steelers OC anymore.Because of this fact and Ben's nature i can't help but think it may effect his play .Resentment is a powerful emotion and he resents the Rooneys for ditching BA .I hope he can get over it cause if he can't ben may finish his career in Arizona

LevonKirkland99
01-27-2012, 01:47 AM
How do you know that Ben is unhappy about BA departure?

NYCsteelersfan
01-27-2012, 02:19 AM
How do you know that Ben is unhappy about BA departure?

Completely overblown by the media because the media doesn't like him. He tries to say the right things, but it's twisted to make him look bad. If he were to say, "yes, I'll be happy to work with whoever the new offensive coordinator is." The media would write that he didn't like Arians and he's the reason Arians was fired.

DIESELMAN
01-27-2012, 02:19 AM
I seriously doubt Ben is going to do anything to hurt his career as well as the Steelers. He knows this is a business, everybody has to accept the parting of ways with BA and move on to bigger and better things.

connecticutsteel
01-27-2012, 04:41 AM
I'M not part of the media and i saw the interview he did from the pro- bowl and he didn't look happy when talking about how he put so much work into tweeking the offense.I quote "now i might have to start all over".Does that sound like he's happy so take it how ever you want.It is just my perspective .I would love nothing more than for Ben to succeed and get his 5 rings like he talks about so i hope the new OC and him form a good bond.

Raleigh Steel
01-27-2012, 05:54 AM
ben will get over it the next time he goes to the bank to cash his check.

he might be upset now that his BFF was let go, but he is a football player and a champion. as soon as he realizes that his new offense will be better and more potent, he'll be saying, bruce who?

UKSTEELER
01-27-2012, 07:18 AM
Don't know what the hell was "Tweaked" but it sure as hell didn't work!!:rant2:

Nolrog
01-27-2012, 07:20 AM
It's rediculous to think that this will in any way, shape or form affect Ben's play. He's a professional and he'll do what needs to be done.

The potential impact is an improvement in the way he plays, by having a better offensive game plan with more balance and less predictibility.

JollyRob68
01-27-2012, 07:28 AM
With Ben & Arians. IF BEn didn't like a play Arians called he'd tell him and Arians wouldn't call it again. Ben needs a reality check and ArtII is going to give it to him. How many times does he have to hold the ball & take a sack pushing the team out of field goal range? Time to step up with the big boys and limit the sandlot ball.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-27-2012, 05:40 PM
I really don't see any type of crazy resentment going on to the point that it ruins Ben's career. He's a little salty right now, it's not the end of the world. Anytime you lose a coach you've worked with for years and are comfortable it's not easy. He'll have all offseason to work with the new OC, and get to know whoever it is (if it's not Fichtner).

If you read the comments he said vs listening to the audio you can hear that he's not talking with a cocky attitude or discrediting anyone. He's being honest. I don't agree with saying it to the media really but it's not the end of the world.

LatrobePA
01-27-2012, 05:48 PM
We got Dennis Dixon I'd say trade Ben!

Hahahahahahaha

cuatro_tres43
01-27-2012, 05:58 PM
Don't know what the hell was "Tweaked" but it sure as hell didn't work!!:rant2:

morph us from a ground and pound to a make ben happy and sling it offense.

all the talk about how this is a passing league is BS...look at the 49ers.

Real Deal Steel
01-27-2012, 06:43 PM
ben will get over it the next time he goes to the bank to cash his check.

he might be upset now that his BFF was let go, but he is a football player and a champion. as soon as he realizes that his new offense will be better and more potent, he'll be saying, bruce who?

He will get over it. He has no choice.

coldrolled
01-27-2012, 07:19 PM
morph us from a ground and pound to a make ben happy and sling it offense.

Ravens - Texans - 49ers - Giants arnt bad either

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-27-2012, 11:13 PM
The media's job is to sell a story, whether it's true or not.What ever is going to get them attention ,they run with it.
Ben's job is to be QB,play the position well and get paid lots of money. He doesn't decide who is his coach.If he can't separate himself from his friendship and his job then he is going to have to learn how in one helluva hurry. I don't see him pulling a Palmer and sitting out or retiring until he gets traded.
What if BA had just retired,would Ben have retired also??

Zachintosh66
01-28-2012, 12:20 AM
The audio of the comments and the text of the comments are two completely different things...

listen to the audio... its not as bad as everyone is making the text sound out of context

this is a non-issue

besides what QB wants to hand the ball off all day? excatly, Bens is a winner and he wants the ball. a winner wants the ball...

non-issue...

Zachintosh66
01-28-2012, 12:24 AM

yeah, same place we are... watching the big game from the couch. Besides they got Alex Smith, regardless how good he played this year he is still not a top ten, maybe even top 15 QB.

NYG last place rushing attack didnt get them to the big dance

SuperSteelers
01-28-2012, 09:38 PM
Change is good for the shrek

jnes1216
01-29-2012, 05:49 AM
I'm glad he's pissed, it means he cares. If he personalizes it , then he's involved. I would be more concerned if he said, oh yeaa , whoever thats coool dude. Let me know in the off season. If you were the name brand of a franchise wouldn't you want the decency of a "rooney sticky pad comment". And yes, I do have some input. Are you crazy, I'm the one ultimately responsible for this attack. Its my arm the media analysts are comparing to Eli's.